- 10 years of IT experience in Analysis, Development, Implementation, Testing and Support of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Solutions using Informatica Powercenter.
- Proficiency in developing SQL with various relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Knowledge in Full Life Cycle development of Data Warehousing.
- Extensively worked in developing ETL program for supporting Data Extraction, transformations and loading using Informatica Power Center.
- Experience with dimensional modeling using star schema and snowflake models.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping designer, Mapplet Designer, Informatica Repository Manager and Informatica Workflow Manager
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong technical background and good interpersonal skills. Quick learner and excellent team player, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Have worked as team member in various DW/BI implementations.
- Comprehensive technical, oral, written and communicational skills.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8X/9X
Database: SQL Server 2008/2005,Oracle 10g
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, UNIX
Programming: SQL and PL/SQL.
Web Technologies: Html, Java.
Applications Tools: SQL, MS Word,MS Outlook,Power Point
- Worked on Power Center client tools like Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplets Designer and Transformations Developer
- Created various transformations such as Update Strategy, Look Up (Connected & Unconnected), Expression, Stored Procedure, Joiner, Filter and Router Transformations.
- Developed mapping to load data in slowly changing dimensions Update Else Insert and updated the flag columns whenever a record is inserted or updated to identify the current record.
- Used Mapping Parameters and Session Parameters.
- Creating Workflows and Sessions.
- Tested the mappings to view the data got populated according to specified logics in the technical specification document.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Peer Review.
- Reviewed the peer mappings and reverted bugs if any were encountered.
- Developed several reusable transformations and mapplets that were used in other mappings.
- Tuned the mappings and involved in performance improvement phase.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, Windows XP and UNIX
- Preparation and review of ETL Specification
- Development of Informatica Mapping/Workflow to Populate Staging area.
- Development of mapping/Workflow to load data into Target Data Warehouse.
- Tuned the mapping for the better performance.
- Developed and fine-tuned SQL to increase the performance.
Environment: Informatica 8.6, Windows XP and UNIX
- Understanding of the Business requirements and translate business/functional requirements into technical terms and develop low level design to implement the same
- Development of Informatica sessions and mappings.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks.
- Unit testing of mappings created and data validation after loading process and checking for the right data loaded in DW tables.
Environment: Informatica Power center 9.1, SQL, Unix
- Understanding requirement for design of project& source system analyses.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Develop the mappings using needed Transformations in Informatica tool according to technical specifications
- Scheduling and coordinating the day-to-day activities.
- Involved in development of data models.
- Production Support has been done to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Reviewed and analyzed functional requirements, mapping documents, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
- Developed mappings/sessions using Informatica Power Center 8.6 for data loading.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension methodology for accessing the full history of accounts.
- Participated in weekly status meetings, and conducting internal and external reviews as well as formal walk through among various teams and documenting the proceedings.
Environment: ETL Informatica, Framework Manager, DB2, SQL