- 8+ years of extensive industry experience with proven expertise in Software development, Data Integration ( Power center 10.0 ), Master Data Management (MDM) 10.0 , Data Quality assurance (IDQ) 9.6.1 and Metadata Manager 9.6.1 .
- Strong experience in using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) tool.
- Created IDQ Mapplets for cleansing customer data .
- Experienced in using IDQ tool for Profiling, applying rules, Creating Scorecards and develop mappings to move data from source to target systems.
- Extensively used all IDQ Developer transformations like Match , Exception , Address Validator , Consolidation , standardizer and Parser etc.
- Excellent knowledge of IDQ Address doctor/validator to correct addresses, identify deliverable address.
- Worked on DVO (data validation option) testing, compare data migration between 2 databases (SQL server and oracle).
- Experience in exporting the objects from IDQ to Power center and use them in Power Center Mappings and Mapplets.
- Expertise in Using Transformations and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets and vice versa.
- Knowledge and Expertise on Master Data Management concepts , Methodologies and ability to implement this knowledge in building MDM solutions.
- MDM Hub configurations - Data modeling, Data Mappings, Trust and validation rules, Match and Merge rules, Hierarchy Manager, customizing/configuring Informatica Data Director.
- Defining and configuring landing tables, staging tables, base objects, hierarchies, foreign-key relationships, lookups, query groups, queries/custom queries and packages.
- Developed, proposed, and contributed to implementation of data quality improvement processes.
- Strong understanding of Dimensional Modeling, Star , Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables and DW concepts.
- Experience in developing Transformations, Mapplets and Mappings using Informatica Designer to implement business logic.
- Worked on Performance Tuning Informatica Targets, Sources, Mappings and Sessions.
- Experience in developing Informatica Reusable components for using them across the projects.
- Created test plans, test data for extraction and transformation processes and resolved data issues following the data standards.
- Experienced in UNIX work environment, File Transfers, Job Scheduling and Error Handling .
- Created Business Requirement, functional, technical, and mapping design documents .
- Worked on scheduling tools UC4, Control M to invoke Informatica workflows and jobs developed in developer tool.
- Experience in resolving on-going maintenance issues and bug fixes , monitoring jobs as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Hands on experience in resolving the production issues in 24/7 environment. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to learn quickly, good analytical reasoning and high compliance to new technologies and tools.
Informatica Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1, Informatica Data Quality 9.6, Informatica Analyst 9.6(IDE), Business Glossary, Informatica MDM Multi Domain Edition 10.0, Informatica Data Director, SIF, Address Doctor, IDQ Cleanse functions, Informatica Metadata Manager 9.6.1, Informatica Data Validation Option(DVO)
Database Technologies: Oracle 9i,10g/11g, Teradata, SQL server 2005/2008
Programming Languages: SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Scheduling Tools: UC4, CONTROL M, Crontab, Autosys, Skybot
Tools: Toad, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL plus, SQL Developer, Erwin, PL/SQL Developer, Putty, WINSCP, Jira, Rally
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux/Unix, Ubuntu
S/W Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall models
Confidential, New Jersey
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Created Source to Target mapping document for various mappings and Rules developed for business line.
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) toolkit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ.
- Worked on data profiling & various data quality rules development using Informatica Data Quality.
- Implemented Exception Handling Mappings by using Data Quality, data validation by using Informatica Developer.
- Created the Rule Specifications and applied them on profiles Using Informatica Analyst.
- Developed the Business/Technical Glossaries and loaded them using Informatica Analyst.
- Extracted the Profile Statistics data from the Informatica repository tables and loaded them into the Fact tables.
- Used IDQ Address validator transformation which can cleanse whole world address Data and enhanced by making some modifications.
- Created the SQL Views, Table pairs and created the DVO jobs for validating the Source and Target Tables data as part of Automation Testing.
- Developed Mappings using Informatica Power Center to load data from various sources, using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup (Connected and Unconnected), and Aggregator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Filter and Sorter transformations.
- Worked with Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager to create sessions, work flows and work-lets.
- Created Workflows and monitored Sessions to execute Informatica mappings.
- Worked on performance tuning of Informatica Jobs by optimizing all transformations.
- Worked closely with ETL data architect for performing land batch process to populate data from external source system to MDM landing tables in hub.
- Performed ETL mappings & ran sessions and workflows to execute the Land Process of loading the customer/product Data Set into Informatica MDM Hub using ETL tool that was coming from various source systems.
- Defined and configured schema, staging tables, and landing tables, base objects foreign-key Relationships, look up systems and tables, packages, query groups and queries/custom queries.
- Defined the Trust and Validation rules and setting up the match/merge rule sets to get the right master records.
- Performed data steward operations by editing the records using data manager and merge manager.
- Created Sessions/Batches in Informatica server manager to execute mappings.
- Used Hierarchies tool, for configuring entity base objects, entity types, relationship base objects, relationship types, profiles, put and display packages and used the entity types as subject areas in IDD.
- Successfully implemented IDD using hierarchy configuration and created subject area groups, subject areas, subject area child, IDD display packages in hub.
- High level review of SAM - discussed use of Roles, creation of users and assignment of user to Role.
- Worked on SQL tools like TOAD and SQL Developer to run SQL Queries and validate the data.
- Schedule Informatica Jobs using UC4 Schedule Tool.
- Created Data Validation document, Unit Test Case Document, Technical Design Document.
Environment: Informatica Powercenter 9.6.1, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) 9.6.1, Informatica Analyst 9.6.1, Informatica Business Glossary, Informatica Master Data Management 10.0, Informatica Data Director(IDD/BDD), Informatica Metadata Manager 9.6.1, Informatica DVO 9.6.1,Oracle 11g/10g, Oracle, SQL Developer, Teradata, Informatica BDE 9.6.1,Pig, Hive, Unix, Shell Scripting, Uc4, Rally, Flat Files, HP ALM
Confidential, Horsham, PA
- Coordinating with clients for Requirements gathering and analysis.
- Performed the data profiling and analysis making use of Informatica Data Quality (IDQ).
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) tool kit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception.
- Used reference tables and rules created in Analyst tool.
- Used various IDQ transformations like Standardizer, Address Validator, Match, Association, Parser, Weighted Average, Comparison, Consolidation, Decision, Expression
- Implement Data Quality Rules using IDQ to check correctness of the source files and perform the data cleansing/enrichment.
- Loading data into operational data store.
- Designing and developing Informatica mappings including Type-I, Type-II, Type-III slowly changing dimensions(SCD)
- Coding & testing the Informatica Objects & Reusable Objects as per the Client EBI standards.
- Participating in peer review of Informatica objects.
- MFT (managed file transfer) was used for the transmission of the extracted files to the vendor.
- Set up SFTP connections to various vendors for receiving and sending of encrypted data as part of MFT Integration team support.
- Estimating volume of work & Deriving delivery plans to fit into overall planning.
- Prepared ETL Build Peer Review Checklist’s and Unit Test Case Templates for different work packages.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
Environment: Informatica Data Quality 9.5 (IDQ), IDE, MFT Server, Informatica B2B, Informatica Power center 9.5, SQL Server 2012, Oracle 11g, UNIX, CITRIX, Micro Strategy, JIRA, Flat Files, Skybot
Confidential, Burbank, CA
Informatica ETL/ MDM Developer
- Interacted with the Business Team to understand the requirements and prepared technical documents for implementing the solutions as per Business needs.
- Configuration of Hub and creation of hub objects like landing tables, Staging tables and Base objects, Queries and packages, mappings, Cleanse functions, Batch groups, message triggers
- Data Model Creation based on requirements.
- Load the data from flat files to Hub landing tables using various transformations.
- Load data from landing tables to staging tables during stage process.
- Performed Cleanse Operations during when data is loading into stage tables.
- Enable delta detection on specific columns.
- Defining Trust and validation rules for base tables while loading data from stage tables.
- Configuration of Match, Merge rules.
- Hub Data modeling along with hierarchy manager.
- Import &Export of ORS using Metadata manager.
- Compare repositories and generate change lists that describe differences between them using Metadata manager.
- Validate the metadata in Informatica Hub repository and generate a report of issues.
Environment: Informatica MDM 9.1, Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 11g, WebSphere, IDD, TOAD, SQL Server 2012, Flat Files.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Involved in design and development of data warehouse environment, for business users and/or technical teams gathering requirement specification documents and presenting and identifying data sources, targets and report generation.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 8.6/9.0 tool - Source Analyzer, warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, Mapplets, and Reusable Transformations.
- Using Informatica Designer Designed Mappings, which populated the Data into the Target Star Schema
- Extensively used Router, Lookup, Aggregator, Expression and Update Strategy Transformations.
- Translation of Business processes into Informatica mappings for building Data marts.
- Involved in the Migration process from Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Used SQL tools like SQL Developer to run SQL queries and validate the data.
- Wrote stored procedures and triggers in Oracle 8i for managing consistency and referential integrity across data mart.
- Tuning the Mappings for Optimum Performance, Dependencies and Batch Design.
- Scheduled the batches to be run using the Workflow Manager.
- Involved in pushing the Informatica components into production and scheduling the jobs.
- Involved in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing the data flow, evaluating transformations and fixing the bugs so that they conform to the business needs.
Environment: Informatica Power center 8.6/9.0, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, UNIX Shell Scripting, Crontab, HP Quality Control
- Involved in gathering the Business requirements from the client and writing and maintaining technical/design documentation.
- Used advanced techniques of Informatica to load data from source Oracle, MS SQL Server, Flat files into the target DW.
- Designed and developed complex Mappings using Informatica Power Center Designer.
- Designed reusable transformations, Mapplets and worklets.
- Extensively worked with transformations like Lookup, Update Strategy, Expression, Filter, Stored Procedures, Router and others.
- Developed mapping parameters and variables to support SQL override.
- Used debugger to test the data flow between source and target and to fix the invalid mappings.
- Used application development tools like TOAD (Oracle) to develop SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Associated with Production support team in various performances related issues.
Environment: Informatica Power center 7.1, UNIX, ORACLE 10g, PL/SQL, Autosys, TOAD, Service Now