An accomplished Senior Enterprise Architect responsible for technology roadmaps, strategies and investments across platform systems and applications for fortune 500 companies. Dan has worked in IT architecture for over twenty five years, from business architecture, information architecture, enterprise architecture, systems architecture, and technology architecture across multiple billion dollar corporations and NGO’s, to solutions architecture and service architecture of individual systems. Dan is a trusted IT Advisor and has been part of Executive Leadership Team for his past clients, bringing together technology, strategy, and business needs. Specialties: Enterprise Architecture, Data Strategies, IT Strategies, Cloud Adoption and Transformation, Architectural Roadmaps and Cross Functional Team Leadership.
Confidential, Factoria, WA
Senior Information Architect, Data and Digital Platform Strategy
- Served as trusted and experienced advisor to senior IT leadership
- Developed multi - year IT strategies and roadmaps for various units within client’s IT organization, so as to help align business objectives with IT initiatives.
- Created Data Governance program and roadmap.
- Conducted technology research on a variety of technical subjects, summarizes findings as whitepapers and presentations for consumption by senior IT leadership.
- Executed technology evaluations, established and maintained enterprise technology standards, conducted solution architecture assessment for high value or strategically important initiatives, participated in a number of IT Governance programs such as Annual Risk.
- Assessments, IT Asset Modernization, Application Rationalization and IT Value Management, contributed to conception, elaboration and realization of innovation ideas and facilitates internal account team and leverage practices in business development
- Designed and Delivered the Data Strategy to support the Digital Platform Transformation effort with senior leadership.
Confidential, SeaTac, WA
Senior Enterprise Information Architect
- Responsible for the technology strategy, standards and best practices including lifecycle management, technology roadmaps, business capability mapping and cloud adoption strategies for the enterprise.
- Lead Architect on Site Core rebuild for the Marketing division to include Multi-Channel markets and to include all of the companies: Alaska Airlines, Horizon Airlines and future channels.
- Established High Level Solution Designs standards, presentation methodologies and reviews with the business to support projects and program changes.
- Developed and executed the data transformation initiative to move from an EDW centric data model to a federated data model and implemented MDM, Data Governance and Data Quality controls and measures.
- Was responsible for the Data Strategy Program including Data Virtualization Strategy (Denodo) along with Data Governance Board, Access Controls, Compliance and Ownership.
- Led cross organization teams and business partners to define new capabilities, create standards, technical reference models and roadmaps.
- Provided direction, guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices.
- Created and delivered regular communications and reporting out to Technical and Business Leadership Teams, Vendors and Partners, Analysts, Developers, QE Testers, and Support Teams (Both On and Offshore).
- Increased the operational and customer insights by implementing:
- Logical Data Warehouse Hadoop HDInsights, Data Factory Redshift Exadata Tableau
Confidential, Factoria, WA
- Developed and presented High Level Architecture Designs to Confidential ’s leadership for review and approval for funding of various initiatives and projects.
- Designed the BI 2.0 platform using SAP Hana, Teradata, SQL MPP and Data Integrations.
- Provided leadership and Architectural guidance for the MetroPCS acquisition for the Back Office systems including the implementation of Amdocs ACC cloud platform for billing and customer care.
- Created system architecture’s for the Commission systems to support integration with AmdocsACC/AMDOCS and Pre-Paid Billing Systems. This includes the integration of Tibco, Teradata, Informatica, Oracle Fusion and peripheral data sources both referential and transactional.
- Designed the system integrations, SOA requirements and business alignment for the sub-ledger effort supporting the Finance team. This including the BI design for reporting and analysis.
- Matured database and flat file replication processes in the Commissions system into SOA/Event driven interconnectivity leveraging the Enterprise Service Platform. This allowed the business to move from a 30-45 day commission payout to a 3 day commission payout
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Expedited delivery of new capabilities by identifying duplicate requirements/capabilities across multiple project portfolio efforts and leveraged existing assets for common platform-driven solutions.
- Developed and delivered on the EDW strategy using Kimball Methodologies.
- Implemented EIM program and was responsible for:
- Data Governance
- Data Management
- Communication Plan
- Data Analytics (Including tools and Data Quality through BI)
- Introduced the SFIA model for measuring skillsets among the IT organization to ensure consistency in roles and to provide clear learning paths.
- Partnered with global agencies to create solutions whose results would be standardized and delivered back to the NGO community through the World Health Agency.
- Created the intake process and prioritization of work for the BI and Data Warehouse team including portfolio management and review board that was mainly composed of business stakeholders.
- Led the coordination of architects and business strategy experts to translate key objectives into actionable and governable roadmaps and designs.
- Integrated IT’s systems with the foundations new 1.1 million square foot. Campus, including: elevator management systems, building automation systems, audio visual Systems, Lenel, Transportation Management, WAP, POS and room scheduling/content management systems.
- Designed and executed proofs-of-concept for critical enterprise capabilities, including the creation of business cases with costs, benefits, and efficiency measures. TPR
- Developed and implemented the Enterprise Architecture Capability Maturity Model Integration (EA CMMI) dashboard that tracks maturation of the EA practice in all aspects: principles, strategies, designs, artifacts and models, communication, risk assessments, and impact analysis.
- Worked with the programs to design and implement a global grantee relationship management tool that centralized the user experience for the grantee and grant requestors. Including the grant making system used by the Obama Administrations TARP funding for Educational grant matching fund
Confidential, Calabasas, CA
- Defined the technology strategies and architectural standards for applications and systems that were developed in house and vendor supplied solutions.
- Implemented Confidential ’s Data Strategy, Access Controls, Data Classification and Ontological approach to data in the Credit Card processing business units.
- Managed over 600 servers, 7 storage area networks/network attached storage (SANS/NAS) with 65 TB of data stored over 4 sites in an active/active design.
- Served as lead architect for Confidential ’s Payment Card Industry (PCI)-compliant data centers and credit card payment processing systems.
- Provided leadership to a team of 43 members located in multiple locations, which included Solution Architects, DBAs, system engineers, system administrators, developers and storage administrators.
- Created, audited, and implemented governance and security compliance for Sarbanes Oxley and PCI requirements.
- Implemented and deployed portal, system and network monitoring tools for 3 data centers with multiple ecommerce sites (Turbo Tax, Quick Books and My Corporation. com). Provided SLA alignment and measurement for the business including dashboards and near real-time reporting.
- Designed and implemented global server load balancing (GSLB) active/active high availability sites for Confidential ’s Credit Card Gateway portal handling over $2 billion a year in transactions.
- Developed credit card encryption technology, including algorithm and token creation process for credit card processing using Ingrian, Protegrity, and Vormetric.
Confidential, Westlake, CA
- Managed computer systems, network administration, and database administration teams.
- Met uptime goals of 99.5% by implementing redundant configurations, failover options, and fault tolerant solutions.
- Developed and managed budgetary goals by helping set expectations with leadership, value-driven focus, and innovative approaches to problems. Was able to sustain budget goals of +- 3% and delivery on all efforts in the portfolio.
- Implemented governance, policies and standards including, Sarbanes Oxley, data governance, report standardization, Network acceptable use policy (NAUP), and remote access policies for both internal and external users.
- Responsible for vendor management and relationships for both onshore and offshore resources.
- Delivered quarterly portfolio rationalization reviews and worked with business leaders to prioritize I.T. investments.
Confidential, Carpinteria, CA
Director of IT
- Developed effective capacity planning processes and delivery model for the IT department.
- Responsible for three million dollar budget including planning, tracking and quarterly executive reports.
- Effectively negotiated vendor contracts and created a vendor management role in the IT organization that saved the organization 15% of rate charges in the first year from MSP’s as well as reducing the number of vendors that were part of the company’s portfolio.
- Designed and implemented a web-based tracking program for foreclosure attorneys nationwide. Including on-site training and system integrations.
- Orchestrated custom software and hardware rollouts nationwide for branch offices, including staff located inside lending institutions.
- Wrote and implemented corporate IT standards, policies and procedures for the company by working with legal and risk management offices.
- Created technical standard and requirements for interfacing with multiple financial clients to be in compliance with PCI, ISO and PII.