- 4 years of total IT experience in the Business Requirements Analysis, Data Testing, Implementation and Support for Data Warehousing and Client/Server applications for Technology, Logistics, Financial, and Healthcare Industries.
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Testing Life Cycle (TLC).
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading
- Process, in a corporate - wide-ETL Solution using Informatica.
- Well versed in GUI application testing, Functionality testing, Manual testing, Data-driven testing, Negative testing, Positive testing, Black Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing and, performance testing, stress testing, load testing, Database testing and Front-end testing.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- Experience in testing and writing SQL and PL/SQL statements.
- Experience in various bug tracking tools - Microsoft test manager, QC, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Hands on experience in all functionalities in HP- QC. (Management, Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Integration, Defect, Dashboard Analysis.)
- Experience in preparing manual test cases for the application using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Well knowledge of run manual tests from test plan exploratory test sessions, and automated tests by using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Well versed of automated tests from Visual Studio or from the command line. Also run tests by using Team Foundation Build.
- Utilized various manual test procedures and methods.
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding testing status and to maintain detailed QA documentation.
- Extensive background in QA methodologies.
- Strong Problem Analysis & Resolution skills and ability to work in Multi-Platform Environments like Windows and UNIX.
- Has expertise in Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution, and Defect Management.
- Experience in testing XML files and validating the data loaded to staging tables.
- Good experience in Cognos & Business Objects Reports testing
- Experience in Performance Tuning of SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Automated and scheduled the Informatica jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Hands on experience in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical, programming, written and verbal communication skills.
Data Warehousing: Informatica 8.6/8.1/7.1/6.1, SSIS, Data Stage 8.x
Bug Tracking Tools: Microsoft test manager, Test Director, & Quality Center
Testing Tools: Mercury Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, QTP, Microsoft test Manager.
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.x, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Access 7.0
Programming: UNIX Shell Scripting, Korn Shell, C Shell, SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL
Web Technologies: HTML 4.0, and DHTML
Confidential, ROCHESTER, NY
- Involved in design, development and maintenance of database for Data warehouse project.
- Involved in Business Users Meetings to understand their requirements.
- Converted business requirements into technical documents - BRD, explained business Requirements in terms of technology to the developers.
- Developed Data Flow diagrams to create Mappings and Test plans.
- The Data flow diagrams ranged from OLTP systems to staging to Data warehouse.
- Developed Test plan to verify the logic of every Mapping in a Session. The test plans Included counts verification, look up hits, transformation of each element of data, Filters and Aggregation and Target counts.
- Developed complex Informatica mappings using various transformations- Source Qualifier, Normalizer, Filter, Connected Lookup, Unconnected Lookup, Update strategy, Router, Aggregator, Sequence Generator, Reusable sequence generator transformation.
- Extensively used SCD’s (Slowly Changing Dimension) to handle the Incremental Loading for Dimension tables, Fact tables.
- Designed various mappings for extracting data from various sources involving Flat files, Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server, IBM DB2.
- Created Informatica Power Exchange Registration and Data map.
- Designed and developed real-time data warehouse.
- Worked on Informatica cloud and extracted data from Sales Force source.
- Worked on Debugging and Troubleshooting of the Informatica application. For debugging utilized Informatica debugger.
- Worked on Performance Tuning to optimize the Session performance by utilizing, Partitioning, Push down optimization, pre and post stored procedures to drop and build constraints.
- Experience in building of the Repository (RPD) using the OBIEE toolset.
- Developed OBIEE technology such as Answers, Dashboards, and BI Publisher.
- Identify users and see what level of familiarity they have with this data. Segment these users based on criteria like influence, authority and participation levels.
- Identifying automated decision-making possibilities.
- Worked on Audit login, Error login and Reference check while loading data to Data warehouse.
- Created Unix Script for ETL jobs, session log cleanup and dynamic parameter.
- Created and scheduled Sessions, Jobs based on demand, run on time and run only once
- Monitored Workflows and Sessions using Workflow Monitor.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing of Informatica mappings.
- Coded Unix Scripts to capture data from different relational systems to flat files to use them as source file for ETL process.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1, Informatica Power Exchange 9.1, Erwin 8, SQL Server 2008, PL/SQL Developer, Linux, Tidal, Shell Scripting,Windows XP, OBIEE 11g, Informatica Cloud.
Confidential, WOODLAND HILLS, CA
- Developed ETL test plans, Created and executed test cases and test scripts based on test strategy.
- Used different sources for Input, Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Identified various source systems for data feeds for testing needs.
- Tested mappings to extract data from Staging area and load into enterprise data warehouse with applying various business rules.
- Tested mappings using row transformations, row set transformations, business intelligence transformations, split and join transformations and some other transformations like export column, import column, audit and SCD transformations etc.
- Tested and extracted customer data from SQL Server database and loaded to warehouse.
- Tested Type II slowly changing dimension to maintain current information and history information in dimension tables.
- Tested both Full Load and incremental loading process with cumulative loading process.
- Worked on test data and completed unit testing to check all business rules and requirements are met. Also tested for negative data to check that the job fails on any critical error.
- Validated report results with the source data and authorized the reports to production environment
- Solid testing experience in working with SQL Stored Procedures, triggers, views and worked with performance tuning of complex SQL queries.
- Tested the Calculated fields, created manual dimensions and used special categories for creating cubes and reports using Transformer models.
- Tested the Created Impromptu Web Reports and published them on the web server and later on upfront.
- Created test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
- Tested several data migration application for security, data protection and data corruption during transfer
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted.
- Used QC in Finance project created releases in Management tab,
- Gathered Test Requirements as per the matrix.
- Created the test plan and executed tests in Test Lab.
- Generated Defect reports in graph Entity.
- Used Informatica for mapping and workflows between SQL server and oracle database.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Responsible for testing all new and existing ETL data warehouse components.
- Experienced at testing ETL's and flat file data transfers without relying on a GUI layer.
- Coordinated the Onsite and Offshore teams to resolve issues.
- Track and report upon testing activities, including the test case execution stage, defect status if any defects opened during execution and the testing results status.
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, HP Quality Center 10, Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, SQL Server 2008.