- Over 7+ years of IT experience in Data warehousing projects, primarily as specialist in performing Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Migration, Deployment, Enhancement and Maintenance of Informatica, Oracle, Teradata, DB2/UDB, Sybase and SQL Server environments.
- Extensive knowledge on the SDLC development life cycle. Involved in different phases starting from Requirement Gathering to Production Deployments and warranty Support.
- Hands on experience using query tools like TOAD, PLSQL developer, Teradata SQL Assistant and Query man.
- Extensively worked on power center mapping designer, mapplet designer, transformation developer, warehouse designer, workflow manager, repository manager and workflow monitor.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Power center throughout complete Data Quality and MDM projects .
- Designed Datastage jobs using MQ stage by reading the service and creating the XPATH and used XSLT stage in reading the XPATH and using the same for data transformation.
- Using the data Integration tool Pentaho for designing ETL jobs in the process of building Data warehouses and Data Marts.
- Developed ETL process using Pentaho PDI to extract the data from legacy system.
- Good Experience in creating cubes by using Pentaho Schema Workbench .
- Extensive experience in designing and developing complex mappings from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Normalizer, Source Qualifier, jaRouter, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy.
- Skilled in Database programming for Data Warehouses (Schemas), data modeling, Star Schema modeling, and Snowflake modeling.
- Proficiency in data warehousing techniques for data cleaning, Slowly Changing Dimension phenomenon and surrogate key assignment and CDC (Change Data Capture) using both datastage and informatica.
- Strong skills in creating reusable components like shared containers and local containers for multiple project use.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse/Data mart, ODS, OLTP and OLAP implementations teamed with project scope, Analysis, requirements gathering, data modeling, Effort Estimation, ETL Design, development, System testing, Implementation and production support.
- Expertise in PL/SQL and in writing Stored Procedures, Functions etc
- Extensive experience in writing ETL Test Scenarios, Test Cases based on Source to Target Mapping Documents.
- Experience in performance tuning of sources, transformations, targets, mapplets, mappings, worklets, workflows, sessions and batches
- Worked with heterogeneous data sources like Oracle, Teradata Utilities, SQL Server 2008/2005, flat files, XML files, DB2 UDB, Main Frames, COBOL files, SFDC CRM, Web Services and Lotus Notes.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Extract, Transformation and Loading) mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems like Oracle, SQL server and Flat files and loaded into Oracle.
- Good knowledge in Shell Scripting, written several UNIX scripts for invoking data reconciliation
- Good knowledge in Power exchange for salesforce and loading data into salesforce environments through Informatica using BULK API.
- Extracted data from different databases like Oracle and external source systems like flat files using ETL tool.
- Good understanding of source to target data mapping and Business rules associated with the ETL processes.
- Worked with Informatica power center Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager
- Coordinated with testing team to make testing team understand Business and transformation rules being used throughout ETL process.
- Documented and presented the production/support documents for the components developed when handing - over the application to the production support team
- Proficient in interaction with the business users by conducting meetings with the clients in Requirements Analysis phase.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects, work independently as well as a team member.
ETL Tools: IBM InfosphereDataStage / 8.0.1/8.1/9.1 (Parallel Extender), Informatica 9.1/9.0, pentaho, Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Data Quality, Informatica Power Exchange, DVOInformatica MDM, Informatica developer IDQ 9.1/9.5.1 .
Data Bases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8.x/7x, SQL Server 2000/2005, Teradata V12,V14
Database Tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager, Quest TOAD, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, SQL*Net, SQL Navigator Export/Import, Oracle Discoverer 10g
Programming Tools: C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, java script, Shell Scripting, Perl
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML
Other Tools: MS-Word, Excel, Power Point 2003/2007
Operating System: Unix, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7/8
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
- Involved in Business meetings to understand the business requirement specifications and implemented the ETL jobs using Informatica.
- Involved in developing the source to target process and mapping documentation.
- Participated in the review and approval of the technical transformation requirements document used to design and build the ETL modules in Informatica Designer.
- Participated in daily status meeting.
- Prepared a best practice document to use when designing jobs to gain optimum performance by using appropriate partitioning techniques.
- Implemented slowly changing dimensions on customers table using SCD stage in Informatica.
- Extensively worked on Informatica IDE/IDQ.
- Involved in massive data profiling using IDQ (Analyst Tool) prior to data staging.
- Used IDQ’s standardized plans for addresses and names clean ups.
- Worked on IDQ file configuration at user’s machines and resolved the issues.
- Used IDQ to complete initial data profiling and removing duplicate data.
- Created shared container to in corporate business logic and used in multi job.
- Created and used job parameter set during developing jobs.
- Developed parallel jobs using various stages transformer, join, look up and merge.
- Created job sequencer to automate the job.
- Knowledge of director client for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and worked with administrator client for creating new user and assigning role.
- Involved in performance tuning of Data stage jobs and creating templates for future use.
- Worked on programs for scheduling data loading and transformations using Data stage.
- On Informatica extensively used the Filter, Copy, Funnel, Join, Merge, Aggregator, Column Generator, Sort, SCD and Remove Duplicate stages for providing transformation logic for the field as per the requirement.
- Involved in the development of dimensional data models using ERwin as per the specified business requirements.
- Used the Data Stage designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming,integrating and loading data into data warehouse.
- Developed and implemented strategies for slowly changing dimensions, surrogate key generation and for incremental data loading.
- Performed performance tuning of jobs to improve the extraction, transformation and loading times of data.
- Used Pl/SQL programming to develop store procedures and functions.
- Performed Performance testing with different sets of node configuration, different queue and different volumes.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1/9.0, Visio, IDQ 9.1/9.5.1 Hotfix 2.0, SQL Server 2008,Windows 7, UNIX AIX, Teradata V12R5.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Responsible for Business Analysis and Requirements Collection.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in migration of the mapps from IDQ to power center
- Parsed high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed and customized data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time
- Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and used Erwin tode sign the business process, dimensions and measured facts.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository Manager.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update,Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Developed mapping parameters and variables to support SQL override.
- Created mapplets to use them in different mappings.
- Developed mappings to load into staging tables and then to Dimensions and Facts.
- Used existing ETL standards to develop these mappings.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision, e-mail, command, worklets, Assignment, Timer and scheduling of the workflow.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse.
- Used Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD mappings to update slowly Changing Dimension Tables.
- Extensively used SQL* loader to load data from flat files to the database tables in Oracle.
- Modified existing mappings for enhancements of new business requirements.
- Used Debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs.
- Wrote UNIX shell Scripts & PMCMD commands for FTP of files from remote server and backup of repository and folder.
- Involved in Performance tuning at source, target, mappings, sessions, and system levels.
- Prepared migration document to move the mappings from development to testing and then to production repositories.
- Performed Performance testing with different sets of node configuration, different queue and different volumes
- Used sandbox for testing and migrated the code to deployment instance after testing.
- Integration using web sphere cast iron and informatica cloud for data migration in to the cloud.
- Prepared the DML’s for maintenance tables, review, and test and execute them.
- Used Tortoise SVN version control tool for version controlling and movement of code to upper environments like SIT, UAT, Preproduction and Production.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1/9.0, Microsoft Visio, IBM AIX 4.2/4.1, SQLServer, Oracle11G, Autosys Scheduler, Unix, Windows, HP ALM
- Developed Informatica mappings, re-usable transformations, re-usable mappings and mapplets for data load to data warehouse and database.
- Multi source Extraction Transformation and Loading into the target structures usingInformatica.
- Worked closely with multiple business units and a data solutions engineer to identify keyinformation that will enhance business decision-making.
- Performance tuned mapping, sessions and database.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from different source systems like Flat files into the Staging table and load the data into the target database.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager
- Involve in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including performance tuning, rewriting of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Wrote stored procedures to accomplish tasks.
- Created sessions to move the data at specific intervals and on demand.
- Responsible for monitoring all the sessions that are running, scheduled, completed and failed.
- Debugged the mapping for failed session to fix data and code issues.
- As a part of daily loading into the warehouse, used UNIX shell scripting to triggers the workflows in a particular order.
- Involved in coding UNIX shell scripting to execute pre/post session commands.
- Analyzed and Created Facts and Dimension Tables.
- Used different Data Warehouse techniques like Star-Schema, Snow-Flake Schema.
Environment: InformaticaPower Center 9.1/9.0, Oracle 11g/10g, Autosys Scheduler, Web Services, PL/SQL, UNIX,Autosys.
- Gathered business requirements from Business Analyst.
- Designed and implemented appropriate ETL mappings to extract and transform data from various sources to meet requirements.
- Designed and developed Informatica ETL mappings to extract master and transactional data from heterogeneous data feeds and load
- Installed and Configured the Informatica Client tools.
- Worked on loading of data from several flat files to XML Targets.
- Designed the procedures for getting the data from all systems to Data Warehousing system.
- Created the environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Analyzed business process workflows and assisted in the development of ETL procedures for moving data from source to target systems.
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
- Created UNIX shell scripts for Informatica ETL tool to automate sessions.
- Monitored sessions using the workflow monitor, which were scheduled, running, completed or failed. Debugged mappings for failed sessions.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 5.1.2/7.1, Erwin 4.5, Oracle 9i, Windows NT, Flat files, SQL, Relational Tools, Clear Case, UNIX (HP-UX, Sun Solaris, AIX) and UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Participated in the Data Model design and designed it according to the Business Requirements.
- Conducted and Participated in code review sessions.
- Created Design Specification Documents including source to target mappings for Mainframe/Operational Source/financial systems to Stage, Stage to ODS and form ODS to Data warehouse tables.
- Translated Business Requirements into Informatica mappings to build Data Warehouse by using Informatica Designer, which populated the data into the target Star Schema on Oracle 11g.
- Partially involved in writing the UNIX Shell Scripts, which triggers the workflows to run in a particular order as a part of daily loading into the Warehouse.
- Created different SCD-II mappings using changed data capture (CDC) processes.
- Provided Operational support for Production issues, and for business users and documented issues and resolutions.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6.1, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, UNIX Shell Scripting, Windows XP, UNIX.