- Senior IT professional with over 8+ years of IT experience in which includes Solid experience in Informatica Development.
- Experience in Data warehouse/Data Mart design experience with extensive knowledge in SDLC: Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing using Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL) using Informatica Power center 9.6.1 & 9.5.1 and maintenance of Data Warehouses in Teradata, Metadata Oracle, Netezza, SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Experience in working with Informatica Power Center Designer, Work Flow Manager, Work Flow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Designer, Task Developer, Worklet Designer, Gant Chart, Task View, Mapplets, Mappings, Workflows, Sessions, Re - usable Transformations, Shortcuts, Import and Export utilities.
- Experience in Data Warehouse development working with Extraction/Transformation/Loading Power Center with flat files, Oracle, SQL Server, and Teradata.
- Experience working on Data quality tools
- Experience working in multi-terabytes data warehouse using Databases like Oracle … MS Access … XML, IBM UDB DB2 8.2, SQL Server 2008, MS Excel and Flat files.
- Experience Relational Modeling and Dimensional Data Modeling using Star Snow Flake schema, De normalization, Normalization, and Aggregations.
- Very strong in SQL and PL/SQL, extensive hands on experience in creation of database tables, triggers, sequences, functions, procedures, packages, and SQL performance-tuning.
- Proficiency in data warehousing techniques like data cleansing, Slowly Changing Dimension phenomenon, Surrogate key assignment, change data capture.
- Have Good understanding of ETL/Informatica standards and best practices, Slowly Changing Dimensions SCD1, SCD2 and SCD3.
- Experience in testing coordination, writing test cases and executing test scripts and logged defects in Quality Center QC.
- Working closely with ETL developers and other leads during development and support of BI application.
- Experience with Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading ETL from disparate Data sources, Multiple Relational Databases like Oracle, DB2-UDB and Worked on integrating data from flat files, CSV files, and XML files into a common reporting and analytical Data Model using Erwin.
- Experience in data transformations, data loading, and data interpretation. Performed Debugging, Troubleshooting, performance tuning of DataStage Jobs.
- Creation of tables, packages, mappings, batch jobs, roles and users in Informatica MDM Hub.
- Created personalized version of reports as well as statements for customers using the data from Informatica metadata and then generated Business Objects reports using slice and dice capabilities.
- Worked extensively in various kinds of queries such as Sub-Queries, Correlated Sub-Queries, and Union Queries for Query tuning.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1/9.1/8. x, Informatica Power Exchange 9.5.1, Informatica Data Quality 9.5(Developer, Analyst)
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Teradata, DB2.
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Windows Batch Scripting.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 2000/2003/NT/XP, Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-UNIX, IBM AIX.
Business Intelligence Tools: COGNOS, Business Objects (BO).
DB Tools: TOAD, SQL * Plus, PL/SQL Developer, SQL * Loader, Fast Load. M Load
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Embarcadero Studio
Other Tools: HP Quality center, WIN SCP, JIRA, MS-Office, Autosys, Tidal
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Informatica/Teradata Developer
- Experience in Information Technology as Informatica Developer with strong background in ETL Data warehousing experienced using Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/ 7.x.
- Good experience in Informatica Installation, Migration and Upgrade Process.
- Experience in using Informatica Power Center Transformations such as Source Analyzer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Experience in integration of various data sources like SQL Server, Oracle, Flat Files, and XML files.
- Experience in developing XML/XSD/XSLT as a part of Source XML files for Informatica and input XML for Web Service Call.
- Proficient knowledge and hands-on experience in building Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Data Integration, Operational Data Stores and ETL processes.
- Good Exposure to Teradata DBA utilities Teradata Manager, Work load Manager, index wizard, Stats Wizard and Visual Explain.
- Good knowledge of Dimensional Data Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling.
- Expertise in design and implementation of Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) type1, type2, type3.
- Experienced in loading data, troubleshooting, Debugging, mappings, performance tuning of Informatica (Sources, Targets, Mappings and Sessions) and fine-tuned transformations to make them more efficient in terms of session performance.
- Expertise in Master Data Management concepts, Methodologies and ability to apply this knowledge in building MDM solutions.
- Experience in several facts of MDM implementations including Data Profiling, Data extraction, Data validation, Data Cleansing, Data Match, Data Load, Data Migration, Trust Score validation.
- Experienced in Installing, Managing and configuring Informatica MDM core component such as Hub Server, Hub Store, Hub Cleanse, Hub Console, Cleanse Adapters, Hub Resource Kit.
- Database experience using … Teradata, MS SQL Server … and MS Access.
- Experience in UNIX Operating System and Shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of data warehouse techniques and practices, experience including ETL process, dimensional data modeling (Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, FACT &Dimension Tables), OLTP and OLAP.
- Worked on Data Profiling using IDE-Informatica Data Explorer and IDQ- Informatica Data Quality to examine different patterns of source data. Proficient in developing Informatica IDQ transformations like Parser, Classifier, Standardizer and Decision.
- Worked on MDM Hub configurations - Data modeling & Mappings, Data validation, Match and Merge rules, Hierarchy Manager, customizing/configuring Informatica Data Director (IDD)
- Experience in data mart life cycle development, performed ETL procedure to load data from different sources into Data marts and Data warehouse using Informatica Power Center.
- Used Debugger in Informatica Power Center Designer to check the errors in mapping
- Experience with creating profiles, rules, scorecards for data profiling and quality using IDQ.
- Data Cleansing rules for MDM Projects.
- Experience includes working with healthcare, and pharmaceutical organizations
- Experience in working with Oracle, Netezza databases. database (HUE). Experience in integration of data sources like Oracle 11G and Flat Files.
- Highly proficient in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User defined Functions, User profiles, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity, SQL joins, indexing and Query Writing.
- Experience in using Informatica Utilities like Pushdown optimization, Partition and implemented slowly changing dimensions Type1, Type2 methodology for accessing the full history of accounts and transaction information.
- Excellent skills in fine tuning the ETL mappings in Informatica.
- Extensive experience using database tool such as SQL *Plus, SQL *Developer, Autosys and TOAD.
- Effective working relationships with client team to understand support requirements, and effectively manage client expectations.
- Excellent communication, presentation, project management skills, a very good team player and self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6, Teradata, MySQL, Oracle EBS, Oracle 11g, UNIX, PL/SQL, SQL, Unix Shell Scripts, TOAD 10.1.1, SQL *Loader.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Performed business analysis, requirements gathering and converted them into technical specifications
- Involved in designed the data mart (star schema dimensional modeling) after analyzing various source systems and the final business objects reports
- Designed and developed all the slowly changing dimensions to hold all the history data in the data mart
- Developed all the ETL data loads in Informatica Power Center to load data from the source data base into various dimensions and facts in the MIS data mart
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type 2) while loading data into dimension tables to hold history.
- Worked with power center tools like Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, and Repository Manager.
- Used Informatica data services to profile and document the structure and quality of all data.
- Extensively used Informatica Transformation like Source Qualifier, Rank, SQL, Router, Filter, Lookup, Joiner, Aggregator, Normalizer, Sorter etc. and all transformation properties.
- Extensively used Various Data Cleansing and Data Conversion Functions in various transformations.
- Translated Business processes into Informatica mappings for building Data marts by using Informatica Designer which populated the Data into the Target Star Schema on Oracle 10g Instance.
- Followed the required client security policies and required approvals to move the code from one environment to other.
- Developed ETL mappings, transformations using Informatica Power center 8.6
- Deployed the Informatica code and worked on code merge between two difference development teams.
- Extensively used PL/SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules.
- Created Informatica complex mappings with PL/SQL procedures/functions to build business rules to load data.
- Identified the bottlenecks in the sources, targets, mappings, sessions and resolved the problems.
- Created automated scripts to perform data cleansing and data loading.
- Performed complex defect fixes in various environments like UAT, SIT etc. to ensure the proper delivery of the developed jobs into the production environment.
- Attended daily status call with internal team and weekly calls with client and updated the status report.
- Created reusable transformations, Mapplets and used them in the mappings and workflows
- Supported various testing cycles during the SIT & UAT phases.
- Involved in creation of initial data set up in the Production environment and involved in code migration activities to Production.
- Helped during the migration of reports from Business objects XI and performed regression testing on many of the reports after migration.
- Supported the daily/weekly ETL batches in the Production environment
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1, Oracle 11g, UNIX, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle 11g, MySQL, Unix Shell Scripts, TOAD 10.1.1, SQL *Loader
Confidential, Hopkinton, MA
- Source system evaluation, standardizing received data format, understanding business/data transformation rules, business structure and hierarchy, relationships, data transformation through mapping development, validation and testing of mappings.
- Developed logical & physical modeling as per business requirements using ERWIN 4.0
- Performed requirement analysis and developed designing technical specifications for data migration according to the business requirement.
- Used Information Power Exchange for loading/retrieving data from mainframe systems.
- Developed complex ETL structures to extract, transform and load data from multiple data sources into data warehouse bases on business requirements.
- Extensively worked with SCD Type-I, Type-II and Type-III dimensions and data warehousing Change Data Capture(CDC).
- Created mapplets in place of mappings which were repeatedly used like formatting date or data type conversion.
- Ensured accurate, appropriate and effective use of data; including data definition, structure, documentation, long - range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- Monitored ETL process activity and utilization, with strengths in performance tuning highly transactional data integration package in both the development and production environments.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues related to system performance, Informatica applications, and data integrity
- Extensively worked with SQL queries, created stored procedures, packages, triggers, views using PL/SQL Programming.
- Involved in optimization and performance tuning of Informatica objects and database objects to achieve better performance.
- Sourced data from Teradata to Oracle using Fast Export and Oracle SQL Loader.
- Created load scripts using Teradata Fast Load and Mload utilities and procedures in SQL Assistant.
- Offered production support for daily jobs
- Worked with Unix commands and used Unix shell scripting to automate jobs.
- Performed Unit and Integration testing and wrote test cases
- Worked extensively in defect remediation and supported the QA testing.
- Involved in periodic maintenance of environments by applying patches and content upgrades.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 10g, Sql Server2000/2008, UNIX, Shell script, Rapid-SQL, Toad, Teradata 12, Visio.
- Understanding business needs and implement the same into a functional database design.
- Participated in requirements gathering.
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC.
- Developed new Informatica mappings and workflows based on specifications.
- Developed Batch Processing, Source and Target Reconciliation.
- Designed and developed various Informatica mappings using transformations like Expression, Aggregator, External Procedure, Stored Procedure, Lookup, Filter, Joiner, Rank, Router, and Update Strategy.
- Developed various Ad-hoc mappings for various business needs.
- Performed extraction, transformation and loading of data from RDBMS tables, Flat Files into Oracle in accordance with requirements and specifications.
- Experience in using Normalizer transformation for normalizing the XML source data.
- Extensively used XML Parser transformation to generate target XML files.
- Developed and tested all the backend programs, Error Handling Strategies and update processes.
- Provided technical support for very complex, highly critical mapping designs. Plan and coordinate tests, to resolve production issues.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate applications, Schedule jobs, develop interfaces and Created pre-session and post-session shell scripts and mail-notifications.
- Involved in Analyzing Source system and designing low level design for the mappings.
- Involved Data Loading Sequence and Populated Data into Staging area and Warehouse with Business Rules.
- Developing the transformation logic, Identifying and tracking the slowly changing dimensions, heterogeneous sources and determining the hierarchies in dimensions.
- Involved in the Development of Informatica mappings and also tuned them for better performance.
- Fixed invalid Mappings, Unit and Integration Testing of Informatica Sessions, Batches and Target Data.
- Implement performance tuning logic on Targets, Sources, mappings, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Used most of the Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Joiner, Expression, Aggregator, Lookups, Filters, Stored Procedures, Update Strategy and Sequence Generator while designing mappings.
- Prepared Unit test cases for the mappings.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 10g, Flat files, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, UNIX Shell Script, Windows Server 2003.
- Involved in analyzing business requirements and translating requirements into functional and technical design specifications.
- Created different Transformations for loading the data into target like Source Qualifier, joiner transformation, Update Strategy, Lookup transformation, Rank transformations, Expressions, Aggregator and Sequence Generator.
- Worked with Power Center- Designer tool in developing mappings and Mapplets to extract product, customer and sales and load the data from flat files and load to the Data Warehouse.
- Determine alternate solutions with risk analysis and identified opportunities to improve availability and advance business initiatives.
- Worked on scheduling jobs using tidal Scheduling tool.
- Worked on Informatica MDM Hub configurations - Data modelling & Data Mappings (Landing, staging and Base Objects), Data validation, Match and Merge rules, writing and customizing user exits.
- Created reusable transformations and Mapplet to use in multiple mappings.
- Used Informatica repository manager to backup and migrate metadata in development, test and production environments.
- Used various lookup caches like Static, Dynamic, and Persistent in Lookup transformation to identify by the incremental data relevant ETL process.
- Created mappings for various sources like DB2, Oracle, and flat files to load and integrate details to warehouse.
- Created staging tables to do validations against data before loading data into original fact and dimension tables.
- Tuned the Performance for ETL jobs by tuning the SQL used in Transformations and fine-tuning the database.
- Scheduled the ETL jobs daily. Weekly and monthly based on the business requirement in Autosys.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 10g, Flat files, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, UNIX Shell Script, Windows Server 2003.