- Over 9+ years’ experience in different phases of Data Warehouse Life Cycle including business reporting requirements gathering, source system analysis, logical/physical data modeling, ETL design/development, project deployment, production support and warranty support.
- Excellent in Supporting Business Application in Production Environment.
- Experience in working with Business Analysts to identify study and understand requirements and translated them into ETL code in Requirement Analysis phase.
- Experience in coordinating and managing with the off - shore team to work collectively to create, assigning, solving and finally closing the tickets.
- Expertise in Business Model development with Dimensions, Hierarchies, Measures, Partitioning, Aggregation Rules, Time Series, Cache Management.
- Strong in Designing, Development (coding), Testing, Implementation and Documentation as per Industry standards.
- Worked extensively on Oracle client/server application tools and RDBMS.
- Worked on integrating data from flat files, CSV files, and XML files into a common reporting and analytical Data Model.
- Expert in database skills using SQL, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer for debugging applications.
- Strong knowledge of Entity-Relationship concept, Facts and dimensions tables, slowly changing dimensions and Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema) and creating Reusable Transformations (Joiner, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Normalizer and Rank).
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks.
- Well experienced in database development stored procedures/packages, Functions, Table creation scripts & database triggers.
- Aware of Data warehousing methodologies, data extraction, transformation and loading fundamentals.
- Extensively worked on the ETL mappings, analysis and documentation of OLAP reports requirements. Solid understanding of OLAP concepts and challenges, especially with large data sets.
- Experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL server and MS access and non-relational sources like flat files into staging area.
- Worked with Waterfall & Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent Communication & Analytical skills.
Data warehousing: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1/9.x/8.x/7.x (Repository Manager, Repository Server Administration Console, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer), Oracle warehouse builder 10.2 (OLAP, OLTP, Star & Snowflake Schema, FACT & Dimension Tables, Physical, Relational& Logical Data Modeling, Normalization, Denormalization) and MS Visio Data Stage 7.x, Erwin 4.0
BI Tools: Cognos 7, Business Objects XI, OBIEE 11g
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2007/2000, Teradata 14/13
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Toad 7.x, UNIX Shell Scripting
Operating System: Windows Vista/NT/ 2000/7/8.1/10, MS-DOS, Linux, Sun Solaris
Other Tools: MS Visual Source Safe, PVCS, Autosys, Control M, Remedy, Tivoli
DB Tools: SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Export/Import, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL Trace
Microsoft Tools: MS Office, MS Front Page, MS Outlook, MS Project. MS Visio
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Developed Data Flow diagrams to create Mappings and Test plans. Specifically, these data flow diagrams ranged from OLTP systems to staging to Data warehouse.
- Created logical tables and assigned levels and custom aggregation rules.
- Responsible for identifying reusable logic to build several Mapplets which would be used in several mappings.
- Created mappings to extract and de-normalize (flatten) data from XML files using multiple joiners with Informatica Power Center.
- Worked on performance tuning by identifying the bottlenecks in Sources, Targets, Mappings and Transformations and enhanced Performance for Informatica session using large data files by using partitions.
- Designed and developed complex interactive OBIEE reports, including prompts, filters, different views (charts, views, filters, tables and bins), drill-down capabilities, and navigation links; detailed designing and developing of custom dashboards, including customized appearance.
- Developed report level and dashboard level prompts.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings from OLTP to Stage and Stage to DWH and effectively used Informatica Transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate etc.
- Created Unix Script for ETL jobs, session log cleanup and dynamic parameter.
- Assisted the team in the development of design standards and codes for effective ETL procedure development and implementation.
- Extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings and sessions.
- Involved in the design, development and testing of the PL/SQL stored procedures, packages for the ETL processes.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes and maintained shell scripts for data conversion.
- Used IDQ’s standardized plans for address and names clean ups.
- Applied the rules and profiled the source and target table’s data using IDQ
- Worked on MDM Hub, configuring match and merge rules, trust scores, mappings, stagging and base tables.
- Worked on clense list and clense functions in MDM.
- Hands on working experience in building MDM composite services using Services Intergration Framework (SIF) Including setup and configuring SIF SDK
- Worked on multiple projects using Informatica developer tool IDQ.
- Involved in migration of the mapps from IDQ to power center
- Involved in the process design documentation of the DW Dimensional Upgrades.
- Installed, and Documented the Informatica Power Center setup on multiple environments.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1/8.x, Informatica Power Exchange 9.5.1, Mainframe VSAM & Flat Files, Cobol, XML, MS SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, Windows XP, ETL Version Control Management, Sharepoint, Teradata, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, ER Studio Data Architect 9.5, Power Designer, MS Team Foundation Server.
Confidential , Hartford, CT
- Involved in design & development of operational data source and data marts in Oracle.
- Involved in analyzing source systems and designing the processes for Extracting Transforming and Loading the data.
- Involved in Data Model Design and used best approaches to configure Physical, Logical and Presentation Layer.
- Used various transformations such as Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup, Sequence Generator, aggregator, Update Strategy and Joiner while migrating data from various heterogeneous sources like Oracle, SQL Server, and Flat files to Oracle.
- Developed mappings to bring in data from various sources across Staging, ODS to Reporting.
- Made changes in mappings with data changing capture capability for sources which have data added rapidly.
- Worked extensively on bug fixing of the existing mappings, performance tuning for better performance with best performance techniques and making existing objects to adhere to standards set up for the project.
- Created mapping variables and parameters for incremental loading.
- Handled Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type I, Type II, Type III) based on the business requirements.
- Reviewed source data and recommend data acquisition and transformation strategy.
- Involved in conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and used star schema in designing the data warehouse.
- Designed ETL process using Informatica designer to load the data from various source databases and flat files to target data warehouse in oracle.
- Used power mart workflow manager to design sessions, event wait/raise, and assignment, e-mail, and command to execute mappings.
- Created parameter based mappings, router and lookup transformations.
- Created mapplets to reuse the transformation in several mappings.
- Used power mart workflow monitor to monitor the workflows.
- Optimized mappings using transformation features like aggregator, filter, joiner, expression and lookups.
- Used IDQ to profile the project source data, define or confirm the definition of the metadata, cleanse and accuracy check the project data, check for duplicate or redundant records, and provide information on how to proceed with ETL processes
- Involved in data profiling using IDQ prior to data staging.
- Knowledge on Master Data Management concepts, Methodologies and ability to apply this knowledge in building MDM solutions
- Used Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) to profile the data and apply rules to Membership and Provider subject areas to get Master Data Management (MDM)
- Created daily and weekly workflows and scheduled to run based on business needs.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Informatica Power Exchange 9.1.0, Flat files, MS Excel Files, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g, Erwin 7.3, Power Designer, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, PL/SQL, IBM DB2 8.0 Mainframes, Toad, Perl, Unix scripting, Windows NT, Autosys, Microsoft Project Plan.
Confidential, Bothell, WA
Informatica Developer Consultant
- Developed complex Informatica mappings using various transformations - Source Qualifier, Normalizer, Filter, Connected Lookup, Unconnected Lookup, Update strategy, Router, Aggregator, Sequence Generator, Reusable sequence generator transformation.
- Created Oracle Stored Procedure, Function, Cursor, Package and Triggers.
- Developed complex mappings/sessions using Informatica Power Center for data loading.
- Enhanced performance for Informatica session using large data files by using partitions, increasing block size, data cache size and target based commit interval.
- Developed mappings for extracting data from legacy and Oracle Applications into our data warehouse.
- Extensively used Informatica to load data from MS SQL Server into the data warehouse.
- Developed mappings between multiple sources such as flat files, oracle and multiple targets.
- Developed Informatica mappings for Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Created Mapplets for implementing the incremental logic, in identifying the fiscal quarter of the transaction and in calculating various requirements of business processes.
- Successfully developed drill down reports and hierarchies, created cascading values using Cognos.
- Extensively involved in troubleshooting the issues in UAT.
- Extensively used almost all the transformations, which includes (Sequence Generator, Expression, Filter, Router, Sorter, Rank, Aggregator, Lookup (Static and Dynamic), Update Strategy, Source Qualifier, Stored Procedure, Joiner, Normalizer and XML Source Qualifier).
- Involved in creating and running Sessions and Workflows using Informatica Workflow Manager and monitoring using Workflow Monitor.
- Seamlessly migrated the code from Development---Testing---UAT---Production.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5/8.6/9.1, AIX & Linux, Oracle 10/11g, Windows 7, Flat files, DB2,Mainframes, SQL Server 2005, SQL Developer (Query Tool), Teradata v 12/13,Control-M, Tivoli (TWS).
Confidential, New Hyde Park, NY
ETL Informatica Developer
- Examined workflows and sessions using workflow monitor and scheduler alert editor. Produced UNIX Script for ETL jobs, session log cleanup and dynamic parameter.
- Generated and scheduled sessions, jobs based on demand, run on time and run only once.
- Writing queries and stored procedures in PL/SQL to fetch data from the OLTP system and executed at regular intervals of time.
- Modified existing forms, reports, and graphs as per the enhancement.
- Developed PL/SQL scripts to validate and load data into interface tables. The backend was in Oracle and database operations were handled using stored procedures.
- Worked on all phases of multiple projects from initial concept through research and development, implementation, QA, to live production, by strict adherence to project timelines.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1/7.1.3, Windows NT, UNIX, Oracle 11g, Teradata (BTEQ), SQL Server 2008, DB2, MS Excel (Source), Flat files (End Targets), TOAD (Query Tool), WinSql, PL/SQL.
Confidential , Charlotte, NC
ETL Informatica Developer
- Supported MyBEA cluster architecture, with three WebLogic domains, offering high-availability web applications, Web Services, and EJB services to other applications in the MyBEA suite.
- Involved in restarting the application Weblogic servers. Involved in deploying J2ee files for the frontend GUI screens from Weblogic Admin Console.
- Involved in creation of Technical, Application Interface and User Guide documentation.
- Designed, developed Informatica mappings using Informatica, enabling the extract, transport and loading of the data into target tables and loading into the Teradata.
- Used Informatica - repository manager, create new users, repositories.
- Involved in the performance tuning of Informatica mappings/sessions for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size, and commit interval.
- Used Parameter files with parameters and variables to restore multiple DB connections to the Sources.
- Implemented effective error handling strategies.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1, AIX UNIX 4.1, Windows 2000, Oracle 10g, Sql Server 2005, SSIS, T-SQL, Toad, ERWIN 4.1, UNIX Shell Scripting.