- Over 8+ years of experience in IT and worked on Data - ware housing Technologies like ETL for Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation of business application systems in various domains like Retail, Insurance and Tele Communications.
- Experience in various aspects involving Data analysis and Data Modelling techniques, using ETL tools like Informatica PowerCenter, Power Exchange, IDQ, Oracle, PL/SQL, Teradata and SQL Server.
- Experienced in Informatica 9.6, Informatica 10.2 including On-Premise & AWS Cloud.
- Experience in working on different databases like Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access and Writing efficient and complex SQLs on huge volumes of data in large Data Warehouse.
- Strong Knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Design, Development, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance and Production Support for DWBI technologies on various platforms.
- Exposure in working with Guidewire source system. Worked with Claim Centre and Policy Centre .
- Exposure in all phases of design, testing, and production of Informatica and Web Services Integration .
- Experience in working with UNIX and Shell scripting.
- Experience in working on Informatica upgrade project .
- Having rich experience in creating various types of reports using Report Studio.
- Created Informatica mappings using various transformations like Web services consumer, XML Generator, XML Parser and HTTP transformations.
- Expertise in building Enterprise Data Warehouses ( EDW ), Operational Data Store ( ODS ), Data Marts, and Decision Support Systems ( DSS ) using Data modelling tool ERWIN and Dimensional modelling techniques (Kimball and Inmon), Star and Snowflake schema addressing Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCDs) .
- Good working knowledge on Informatica Administration.
- Experience in SAS to extract data from a variety of operational data sources on multiple platforms and build a data warehouse and data marts that integrate the extracted data.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports using PROC REPORT and SQL in SAS.
- Experience in Informatica PowerCenter, Data Cleansing and Data validation processing.
- Experience in working with IBM InfoSphere Data Replication - IBM CDC 11.3 and 6.5.
- Worked with different Informatica performance tuning issues like source, target, mapping, transformation, session optimization issues and fine-tuned Transformations to make them more efficient in terms of session performance.
- Excellent working experience with different transformations such as Lookup, Router, Sorter, Normalizer, Union, Sequence generator, Aggregator, XML Source Qualifier, and XML Generator and so on.
- Exposure in the ETL technical design discussions and prepared ETL high level technical design document.
- Used Informatica Client Tools - Designer, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor over 5 years.
- Involved in all phases of data warehouse project life cycle. Designed and developed ETL Architecture to load data from various sources like Oracle, Flat files, Db2 UDB, XML files and MS SQL Server into Oracle, XML sources and targets.
- Hands-on experience in failure Investigation, error tracking, creating bug fix plan, coordinating with all the teams involved, communicating with the client management for all the Production related issues.
- Have sound experience in production support environment and roles. Like Incident management, Problem Management and Change management.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 8.x, 9.x and 10.x, Informatica Power Exchange, IDQ, IBM InfoSphere Data Replication 11.3 and 6.x
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g, Teradata, MS SQL Server and DB2
Operating System: Unix, Linux and Windows
Web Technology: Web services, SalesForce.com(SFDC) Administrator
Reporting Tools: BO XI R2, SAS
Control: M, Autosys
Front End Tools: TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, SQL Server Management Studio, WINSCP, Version Control Application - SVN, Putty and Secure CRT, Guidewire
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting
Version Control Application: SVN
Domain: Retail, Insurance, Telecommunications
- Involved in business requirement analysis.
- Involved in the ETL technical design discussions and prepared ETL high level technical design document.
- Involved in the analysis of source to target mapping provided by data analysts and prepared function and technical design documents.
- Worked on Informatica move from ON-PREMISE TO AWS Cloud.
- Remediated Informatica Workflows & tuned Performance to migrate to AWS Cloud.
- Prepared DD (Detail Design) documents as part of the project definition phase.
- Create new mapping designs using various tools in Informatica Designer like Source Analyzer, target designer, mapplet designer and mapping designer.
- Worked with Source team, ETL admin team and project owners for environmental related issues as part of project releases.
- Develop the mappings using needed Transformations in Informatica tool according to technical specifications.
- Used Informatica reusability at various levels of development.
- Extensively used connected and unconnected lookup transformations as per the project requirement.
- Developed Informatica workflows, worklets, sessions associated with the mappings using Workflow Manager.
- Worked on developing and implementing the coding of Informatica mapping for different stages of ETL by utilizing various transformations such as expression, aggregator, lookup, router and rank, filter and sequence generator.
- Involved in configuring thechanges which includes creating subscriptions, mappings, updating the source & target tables and performing the complete refresh.
- Ensure the data is in synch between the source and target.
- Involved in migrating the code from Development to Testing to UAT.
- Supported during QA/UAT/PROD deployments and bug fixes.
- Involved in code Reviews as per ETL/Informatica standards and best practices
- Executed workflows using WCC scheduler.
- Created source to target data mapping documents.
- Involved in Unit Testing and Resolution of various Bottlenecks came across.
- Optimizing performance tuning at source, target, mapping and session level.
- Involved in code Reviews as per ETL/Informatica standards and best practices.
- Developed and tested the shell scripts to format the XML files to make XML as Vendor reportable.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.6, Informatica Power Center 10.2, Oracle 12c, Linux, WCC
Continental, North American, IL
- Involved in business requirement analysis and prepared functional requirement document
- Involved in the ETL technical design discussions and prepared ETL high level technical design document
- Involved in the analysis of source to target mapping provided by data analysts.
- Involved in ETL low level design and prepared design document for each of the target table.
- Involved in design, development and maintenance of database for Data warehouse project.
- Designed, Developed and Supported Extraction, Transformation and Load Process (ETL) for data migration with Informatica 9.1.
- Involved in Business Users Meetings to understand their requirements.
- Extracted data from our source system Guidewire.
- Created complex mappings which involved Slowly Changing Dimensions, implementation of Business Logic and capturing the deleted records in the source systems.
- Worked extensively with the connected lookup Transformations using dynamic cache.
- Created complex Informatica mappings using Unconnected Lookup, joiner, Rank, Source Qualifier, Sorter, Aggregator, newly changed dynamic Lookup and Router transformations to extract, transform and load data to Cleansing area
- Created and scheduled Sessions, Jobs based on demand, run on time and run only once.
- Monitored Workflows and Sessions using Workflow Monitor.
- Extracted data from our source system Guidewire. Involved in finding the relationship between the Guidewire tables.
- Developed Informatica workflows, worklets, sessions associated with the mappings using Workflow Manager.
- Wrote Test cases and executed test scripts in Cleansing area.
- Involved in performance tuning of Informatica code.
- Supported during QA/UAT/PROD deployments.
- Involved in Reviews as per ETL/Informatica standards and best practices.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing of Informatica mappings.
- Defect analysis and fixing the code as per the business requirements.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Guidewire, DB2, SQL Server, UNIX, Control - M
- Used Informatica PowerCenter for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems into target database.
- Created mappings using Designer and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement.
- Involved in extracting the data from the Flat Files and Relational databases into staging area.
- Mappings, Sessions, Workflows from Development to Test and then to UAT environment.
- Developed Informatica Mappings and Reusable Transformations to facilitate timely Loading of Data of a star schema.
- Developed the Informatica Mappings by usage of Aggregator, SQL overrides usage in Lookups, source filter usage in Source qualifiers, and data flow management into multiple targets using Router.
- Created Sessions and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement and loading into data warehouse.
- Extracted data from our source system Guide wire. Involved in finding the relationship between the Guidewire tables.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Router and Aggregator to create robust mappings in the Informatica PowerCenter Designer.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Guide wire, Informatica Power Exchange, Oracle 11g, UNIX
- Involved in the requirements definition and analysis and creation of high level and detailed design and mapping documents.
- Worked with high volumes of datasets from various sources like Oracle, text files, and relational tables.
- Created the Repository, maintained source definitions, transformation rules, and target definitions using Informatica Repository Manager.
- Worked with various Informatica client tools like Source Analyzer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Informatica Repository Manager and Workflow Manager.
- Created Mapplets, Reusable Transformations and used them in different mappings.
- Created Workflows and used various tasks like Email, Timer, Scheduler, Control, Decision and Session in the Workflow Manager.
- Extensively used the transformations such as router (for creating multiple data pipelines), lookup (connected & unconnected), update strategy (to define insert/update/delete/reject), aggregator, and sequence generator (for generating surrogate keys).
- Invoked stored procedures to perform database operations as a part of post-session and pre-session commands.
- Responsible for tuning ETL mappings and sessions via source qualifier/lookup overrides to optimize load and query performance.
- Used the feature Explain Plan to find out the bottlenecks in a given query for improving the performance of the job.
- Defined parameters and variables to increase their usability in mappings.
- Created multiple partitions in sessions to allow the data to be loaded concurrently.
- Involved in the Unit Testing of the reports and preparing the Test cases
- Involved in Unit Testing and System testing to check whether the data loads into target are accurate, which was extracted from different source systems according to the user requirements.
- Tracked issues that occurred during integration testing, which were then fixed and deployed to concerned environment.
- Developed Unix Shell scripts as part of the ETL process to schedule tasks/sessions using Control M.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, TOAD, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIXEducation