- Talend Certified Administrator with data warehousing experience spanning 10 years in planning, analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing database structures with hands on exposure to database administration, PL/SQL development, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery, space management, database security, cloning, migration, shell scripting and documentation.
- Extensive experience with ETL tools in the areas of analysis, design, development and administration with focus on Talend Data Integration, Talend Big - data Real Time, Informatica power center and Apache tomcat with different databases.
- Proficient in planning, scheduling and implementing ETL application changes while ensuring no impact to users including data migration across the different OS versions
- Worked on implementing DWH solution on GreenPlum database (MPP architecture) hosted on VM's
- Built Talend 4.x through 6.x and Informatica environments for high availability for DEV, QA and production environments including Installation, upgrade, migration, User management, back/restore, code promotion and OS Profiling in AWS, RHEL and Windows instances.
- Experience working in agile environment and extensive Cloud Management skills.
Sr. Talend Platform Engineer
Confidential, Raritan, NJ
- Assisted in the overall process of extracting S3 bucket source files to Redshift target database and using Talend datamapper to pull JSON files to Reatio MDM.
- Daily Talend Platform support with extensive hands on technical expertise as a Talend Administrator, product systems, development projects & support projects.
- Exhibited strong analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skill while working in onshore-offshore delivery model that fosters team handling in a multi geographical environment
- Expertise and working experience in establishing the process, methodology standards at all phases of an Enterprise Data warehouse.
- Talend ETL performance optimization, Capacity Management, reviewed & Analyzied performance & capacity reports, also identified & resolved security risks & gaps
- Implemented SVN to GIT code migration for over 1000 Talend jobs
- Perfected the application's team highly automated scalable continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) with customized Unix scripts, CI Builder and Jenkins
- Provided POC on the implementation of Talend ESB (web services), Data Quality and MDM in Talend
- Problem & Incident management while providing troubleshooting and diagnostic support at L3 level as well as prompt response to L2 notifications
- Knowledge Management, Service catalog, Inventory, SOP/WI/Platform Qualification documents, Continuous service improvement (CSI), Process simplification and Standardization
- Extensive design and analysis of data integration jobs while performing process improvement
- Facilitated name standardizations for different Operationg companies in the design process
- Design, develop, validate and deploy the Talend ETL processes using Talend data integration and data quality tools
- Regular reviews of error exceptions received via emails with team members and proferring immediate resolutions
Talend Platform Architect/ETL Administrator
Confidential Cincinnati, OH
- Built the Talend version 6.1 and upgraded to a highly scalable, high available 6.3 in the Non-Prod, Prod and AWS environments while interacting with the Business users and documenting and implementing their queries, business analysis, reporting needs, data and business logics.
- Developed and tested ETL jobs in Datastage.
- Designed and implemented the ETL Data model and create staging, source and Target tables in Oracle, Hawq, Hadoop and Greenplum databases.
- Completed several complex Data Integration process using Talend ETL Tools
- Repository setup by configuring SVN, GitHub, Nexus and Jenkins for the Talend code to be managed.
- Implemented Talend automations to reduce time and man power, also automated ETL jobs and unit testing, reducing build time by 30%.
- Designed and Developed Interactive Dashboards using Business Insight.
- Managed Hadoop and Oracle databases by using SQL developer and Hive tools.
- Used Oozie and Talend schedulers to schedule the workflows and jobs.
- Maintaining the standards as the code is sync in all the three environments and handling outages like password changes, patch installations (Hot Fixes/Software's), Bouncing activities and network changes.
- Suggest improve functionalities / work around / business process improvements to improve operational efficiency and controls
- Perform functional and integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Administration of Talend Server, User Administration, Creation of Talend Folders and assigning privileges, Creation of UNIX Level folders.
- Built Apache Ni-Fi environment and AWS sever implementation for Talend environment.
- Implemented UNIX shell scripts and tuning of SQL queries for better performance to improve Talend functionalities.
Talend Platform Architect/Admin
- Built Talend versions 5.x to 6.0, monitored and administer environment seamlessly
- Administration of Talend Servers, User Administration, Creation of Talend jobs and assigning privileges and roles
- Developed a 100+ test cases for individual Talend jobs while documenting all test cases and test lab in Quality Center using screenshots
- Document the Installation, Deployment, administration and operational processes of Talend MDM Platform (production, Pre-Prod, test30, test 90 and development) environments for ETL project
- Document Security configuration - SVN, GIT, TAC, Jenkins, Job Server, MDM Server
- High availability for QA and production environments including Installation, upgrade, migration, User management, back/restore, code promotion
- Validated data flow from source system to staging to dimensions and fact tables.
- Talend Code Automation from one environment to another environment by using UNIX scripting.
- Provide support to Application Tuning Team. Also designed, developed, administered, tested and deployed needed enhancements
- Gathered requirements from key business users thereby writing technical design documents for Talend and SSIS ETL jobs and developed and deployed SSIS packages through development, QA and production servers.
- Worked closely with clients and Business to ensure a detailed understanding of the requirements
- Trained teammates and application owners as per mandated KT sessions
- Managed migration process for three other developers by analyzing specifications to identify the source data that needed to be moved to data warehouse.
- Supporting reporting related issues raised by the End Users
Talend Support Engineer
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Customer support for the various Talend products through support portals OTRS/Salesforce.
- Timely tickets resolutions, reproducing test scenarios and reporting bug cases to JIRA extensively while documenting each user/customer incdents/resolutions
- Security configuration for users, projects, roles (SVN, TAC, working with security group)
- Talend administrator with hands on Big data (Hadoop) with Cloudera framework
- Installation, configuration, and upgrades of Talend applications on all existing and supported versions with continuous experience and skills working with and troubleshooting associated issues and keeping current with all related emerging software enhancements, security patches and bug fixes
- Proactive gathering of requirements from Customers to provide technical/functional support and resolution to incidents and service requests
- Modifies, installs, and prepares technical documentation for system software applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging & fixing Talend specific issues, while maintaining the health and performance of the ETL environment
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- Best practices for Application Server maintenance
- Document disaster recovery procedures and technical support
- Work with the development staff to determine project requirements for dev/test/pre-prod/production environments Linux
- Experience to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications server activities
Informatica/Talend ETL Consultant
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Created different source definitions to extract data from flat files and relational tables for Informatica Power Center 7.x to 8.x
- Created different target definitions using warehouse designer of Informatica Power Center.
- Created different transformations such as Look-Up transformations, rank transformations, expression transformations, Aggregator transformations and Sequence Generator.
- Analyzed specifications and identified the source data that needed to be moved to data warehouse using Talend ETL tool as POC
- Created different source definitions to extract data from flat files and relational tables for Informatica Power Center 8.6
- Created different target definitions using warehouse designer of Informatica Power Center.
- ETL architecture and full software life cycle development across numerous software and hardware platforms in a variety of industries as well as SAS ETL developer with expertise in design and development of Extract, Transform and Load processes for data
- Extensively worked on data extraction, Transformation and loading data from various sources like Oracle, SQL Server and Flat files.
- Responsible for all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large scale data warehouses using Informatica Power Center.
- Strong experience in Data Warehousing and ETL using Informatica Power Center 9.1.0 as well as the new Data Integration Hub (DIH) installation, support and maintenance
Talend/Oracle DBA Administrator
Confidential, Harrison, NJ
- Working closely with the ETL Team in the troubleshooting the data issues
- Created different transformations such as Look-Up transformations, rank transformations, Expression transformations, Aggregator transformations and Sequence Generator.
- Responsible for Extracting, Transforming and Loading data from Oracle, Flat files and placing it into Data warehouse.
- Introduction to Talend ETL, building test jobs via Talend Open studio and migratinf existing Informatica, Oracle ODI and Pentaho jobs to Talend
- Design of ETL processes using Informatica tool to transform data from source system to target database
- Designed and developed various Mappings using Transformations like aggregator, joiner, Lookup, Filter, Source Qualifier and Update Strategy, Stored Procedure
- Improving the performance of Mappings and sessions.
- Installing Confidential Software 10g/11g also cluster management and verifying cluster process to ensure smooth operations.
- Analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementation of database structures such as Oracle 10g Database upgraded to Oracle 11g Database
- Carrying out EXPORT and IMPORT operations on Confidential, and monitoring the performance of the database using of OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager),
- Monitoring and maintaining 2/3 node RAC database. Providing support to the development team and handling release schedules. Data protection and availability with tools like Data Guard and Grid Control with a more flexible replication mechanism using Golden Gate.
- Creating clone databases on same node and also on different server nodes using custom shell script with hot and cold backups of source database.
- Using SQL Loader extensively to extract data from flat files and loading into the new application.
- Performed SQL Queries/ Application and Database performance monitoring and tuning using various tools like ADDM, AWR.
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Created Shell Scripts for invoking SQL scripts and scheduled them using Crontab scheduler
- Responsible for Database Growth and Space management, capacity planning, table partitioning; distributing the tables, redo logs, archived redo logs and rollback segments on different disks to optimize data retrieval.
- Involved in logical backup using and full/ partial export/import and Data Pump, Backup and recovery.
- Design and implanted several Data Marts
- Instrumental in building/implementing the Oracle Data Warehouse
- Design the backend ELT system for moving disparate data to Warehouse
- Completed several complex Data Integration process using Informatica, Pentaho and Talend ETL Tools
- Architect and design several business intelligence solutions
- Excellent experience of SQL and PL/SQL Developer and Unix Shell scripting also maintaining UNIX scripts for monitoring and backup.
- Maintaining 24 X 7uptime for the database while carrying out the activities.
- Performing tuning of PL/SQL Developer and SQL.
- Completed large complex Data Modeling using Erwin
- Responsible for large complex Data Modeling, conception, Relationship, Physical
- Responsible for architectural design and strategies
- Created Conceptual and Physical designs models
- Monitoring System Resources, understanding and troubleshooting Database issues in Production Environment
- Experience on Net-back up client with RMAN to automate the backups to tape as per company standards and completing Hot, Cold and Logical backups also performed backup validations using RMAN.
- Creating the database, tables, table spaces, and data objects, setting privileges, indexes, user names & passwords, management, Security administration.
- Upgraded Oracle binaries in the development environment and production environment.
- Creating Users and Roles with appropriate privileges and roles.
- Performing regular Backups and Recovery as per Organization Strategy to support the database and Troubleshooting with restoring and recovery (Instance, media)