- 7 Years of IT experience and 5 years in the ETL developing, Testing, Data, Deployment, Maintenance, and production support and database administration.
- Proficiency utilizing ETL tool Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.x/7.x for developing the Datawarehouse loads with work experience focused in Data Integration as per client requirement.
- Expertise in designing confirmed and traditional ETL Architecture involving Source databases Oracle, Flat Files (fixed width, delimited), DB2, SQL server, and Target databases Oracle, Teradata and Flat Files (fixed width, delimited), MySQL.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing complex mappings applying various transformations such as lookup, source qualifier, update strategy, router, sequence generator, aggregator, rank, stored procedure, filter joiner and sorter transformations.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) process, Dimensional Data Modeling, experience using Data modeling, Star schema/ Snowflake modeling, Fact and Dimensions tables, dimensional, multidimensional modeling and De - normalization techniques. Thorough understanding of Kimball and Inmon methodologies.
- Proficient in ETL process of creating Source/Target definitions, building Mappings using various Transformations, creating and monitoring sessions/workflows
- Created ETL mappings, Mapplets, reusable transformations, sessions, workflows, worked on performance tuning of ETL mappings and debugged.
- Performed Data Profiling and responsible for Business Analysis and Requirements Gathering.
- Created Oracle SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in performing unit testing cases for mappings.
- Strong Conceptual background of RDBM and access methods SQL, MYSQL
- Implemented Explain Plan and SQL Trace for improving the performance of SQL queries.
- Experience in creating Source and Targets definitions
- Experience in writing SQL queries/scripts for both source and target databases.
- Experience in grabbing data from sap applications and dumbing it on sap hana
Databases (RDMS): Informatica ETL
Tools: WINDOWS SERVER
TOAD: ODI(ORACLE DATA INTERGRATOR)
AWS: FLAT FILES
SDLC/AGILE: DATA MODELLING
OFSSA: AUTOSYS/INFORMATICA SCHEDULER/CA7
INFORMATICA POWER CENTER: TABLEAU READER
MIGRATION: UNIT TESTING
LINUX/UNIX SCRIPTS: SAP BODS
DATA WAREHOUSING: OPERATIONAL DATA STORE
DATA MARTS: PERFORMANCEW TUNNING
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
- Experience in using Informatica Client Tools - Designer, Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor, Analyst, Developer tools.
- Developed various mappings using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Filter, Joiner, Router, Union, Unconnected / Connected Lookups and Aggregator.
- Closely worked with other IT team member's business partner's data steward's stakeholders steering committee members and executive sponsors for all MDM and Data governance related activities
- Experience in creating High Level Design and Detailed Design in the Design phase.
- Experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server and Flat Files with different delimation
- Experience in packages to extract, transform and load data (ETL) using SSIS, designed packages which are utilized for tasks and transformations Data Conversion and Pivot tables.
- Extracted Data from multiple operational sources of loading staging area, Data Warehouse and data marts using CDC/ SCD (Type1/Type2) loads.
- Experience in creating Reusable Tasks (Sessions, Command, Email) and Non-Reusable Tasks (Decision, Event Wait, Event Raise, Timer, Assignment, Worklet, Control)
- Working with multiple Informatica repositories, version control, deployment groups, mapping and folder migrations.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the power center
- Co-ordinated with various team members across the globe i.e. Application teams, Business Analysts, Users, DBA and Infrastructure team to resolve any technical and functional issues in UAT and PROD.
- Created various technical documents required for the knowledge transition of the application which includes re-usable objects (Informatica & UNIX)
- Responsible for gathering requirements for developing mapping documents for OFSSA application and also populating required fields for OFSSA
- Responsible for mapping Confidential & Confidential mortgage data on a daily and weekly basis
- Performs unit testing on populated fields
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Converted the business requirements into technical specifications for ETL process.
- Design source definitions and target definitions based on requirements
- Creating Informatica Mappings and workflows to migrate data from one environment to another and data enhancements.
- Involved in optimization of sql queries
- Created New Staging tables in Staging DB to store data from client files (CMS, MD, Medicaid Files etc.)
- Parsing high-level design specs to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Analysis/Preparation of High Level Design (HLD) and preparation of Low level design (LLD).
- Populated the Fact and Dim. Table of data warehouse from various sources like Oracle, Ms Access and Flat files.
- Created staging tables to do validations against data before loading data into original fact and dim. Tables.
- Extensively used Update Strategy and Lookup transformations for updating the target tables and also extensively used the Debugger to check the data flow and the mappings were modified depending on the requirements.
- Handled alerting mechanisms, system utilization issues, performance statistics, capacity planning, population and maintenance.
- Designed and developed complex Aggregator, Joiner, Router, Lookup and Update strategy transformation rules.
- Created sessions, database connections and worklets using Informatica Power center
- Involved in performance tuning by identifying bottlenecks, eliminating them and tuning the PL/SQL used in Transformations.
- Used Pre-session and Post-session procedures to Drop and recreate indexes while the session runs to improve performance while loading to the target.
- Created session partitions to increase the performance of Informatica Server Manager.
- Involved in writing UNIX shell scripts for Informatica ETL tool to run the Sessions.
- Automated the daily scheduling of ETL process for populating the data warehouse.
- Scheduled the ETL jobs daily, weekly and monthly based on the business requirement.
- Performing Review/Checks for component's Design, Codes and Quality as per Informatica Standards.
- Performs data cleansing using SAP BODS
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1.1, PL/SQL and SQL Developer, informatica/Autosys Scheduler.
Junior ETL Developer
- Collected and analyzed data obtained from subscribers; audit the data to ensure compliance with the required Data Requirements Standards to write a comparison analysis report on the extracted data for both internal and external use.
- Coordinated data gathering analysis for marketing teams from multiple internal and external sources to improve marketing strategies.
- Designed queries for monthly and quarterly reports for marketing and senior management.
- Extracted, transformed and analyzed data from data warehouse, generated reports, identified trends, gaps in data quality and provided vital information to address root causes.
- Supported Clients Services Teams and improved sales by producing ad-hoc analysis of key trends in the financial services sector.
- Created and documented findings from analyzed data in report and presentation formats for proper data visualization.
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using Excel, Access and SQL, while maintaining quality control of data at the point of collection and entry.
- Worked closely with the clients, clarifying the data requirements to ensure that data captured by the clients are accurate and to minimize data discrepancies.
- Processed, generated and produced regular and ad-hoc reports with Data unit head.
- Performed Detailed Data Analysis (DDA) and Data Quality Analysis (DQA) on source data.
- Used tableau to get reports and populate on live portal to check for data compliance .
- Performed various Software testing.
- Used SAP BODS ETL tools in grabbing data and dumping it on SAP HANA
MYSQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- Pioneered the development and implementation of MySQL databases.
- Development, test and production databases DBA support and everyday maintenance.
- Proficient in Standard query languages (DML, DDL, DCL, Stored Procedures, triggers).
- Experienced installing and configuring MySQL databases with proven best practice configurations.
- Comfortable with my.cnf parameter file customizations.
- Experitise in InnoDB storage engines. Comfortable with InnoDB storage engines and migration from one to the other as best needed.
- Performed 5.5 to 5.6 upgrade and patching of MySQL database software.
- Knowledge in Bash shell and VB scripting for task automation and very comfortable navigating and configuring UNIX environment.
- Comfortable with Performance tuning.
- Ability to identify performance issues, Query optimization, Indexing, Partitioning, Explain plan and rectifying performance issues in the most efficient way to maximum performance.
- Utilizing Performance Schema views, slow-query log, Percona tools - pt query digest, pt-osc, pt-table-checksum etc. Table maintenance - Fragmentation, error, check table, repair table.
- Strategize Backup for maximum uptime and efficiency using tools like xtrabackup, mydumpyer, mysqldump.
- Help in migration of MySQL from Rackspace server to AWS RDS
- Track Issues and troubleshoot as needed in a timely manner. Using bmc ticketing system and automated tracking system like MONyog alerts, Zabbix, Grafana.
- Replication & Recovery organization's best practices. - Master-Slave, Master-Master. Clone and set up new environments.
- Expertise in Security management - Users/Grants, privileges, database remediation based upon federal government NIST standards.
- Space management and capacity planning for unix environment.
- AWS Knowledge and integration.
- Ensure that database is ACID Compliance - Atomic, Consistency, Isolation and Durability.
- Good documentation and communication skills.