- Around 8 years of in IT Industry with emphasis in Data warehousing tools in ETL Development using industry accepted methodologies and procedures.
- Strong understanding of the principles of Data warehousing using fact tables, Dimension tables, Star, and Snowflake schema modeling.
- Experience in Data warehousing, Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading ( ETL ) data from various sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Flat files into Data Warehouse and Data Marts using Informatica Power Center 10.X/9.X
- Worked with various Power Center/Power Mart components like Informatica Server and Client tools like Designer, Workflow Manager, Repository Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Extensively worked in Client - Server application development using Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i, PL/SQL and SQL*Plus.
- Experience in using various Oracle utility tools like SQL Plus, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, SQL*Loader.
- Expertise in development and designing of ETL methodology for supporting data transformations using Informatica Power Center.
- Good Knowledge of Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Extensive knowledge on Informatica MDM concepts.
- Extensively worked on ETL Informatica Transformations effectively including - Source Qualifier, Connected - Unconnected Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Normalizer, Joiner, Update, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator and created complex mappings.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting Data Extraction, transformation and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica Powercenter Designer, DataStage, MSBI, SAS, SSIS, and Oracle ODI.
- Extensively used the Reporting tools like Tableau and OBIEE.
- Worked on Informatica Cloud Services, Salesforce.com, and Salesforce transformations.
- Extensively worked in areas of Retail, Health Care, Pharmacy, Banking domains.
- Having good Analytical and inter-personal skills.
- Good experience in using SQL, PL/SQL, Indexes, Functions, Procedures, Triggers and Cursors.
- Good Experience in developing Unix Shell Scripts for automation of ETL process.
- Efficiently communicate and handle on-site & offshore project teams.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and open to learn any new technologies.
ETL tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x, DataStage, MSBI, SAS.
BI Tools: Tableau, OBIEE.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting.
Databases: Oracle10g, MS SQL server, Teradata.
Database Tool: TOAD, SQL Developer.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
Others: Jira, HP ALM, CA Rally, Azure
Environment: Informatica Power Center, Informatica Cloud, DVO, Salesforce Oracle 11g, MS SQL, PL/SQL.
ETL Informatica Developer
- Interacting with business analysts and developers to discuss the requirements for new and modified business rules.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gathering, design, development, testing, Production, user training and support for production environment.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems.
- Developed design strategy to extract data from flat files and Oracle, and to load the data into the target database.
- Worked on Informatica Cloud to create Source /Target SFDC connections, monitor and synchronize the data in SFDC and Oracle.
- Extracted data from different sources like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Flat files loaded into DWH.
- Worked on Informatica Cloud Services (ICS) to load data from Azure db to Azure db and Oracle
- Studied the existing OLTP system(s) and Created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart.
- Extensively worked on the performance tuning of the Informatica PowerCenter Mappings as well as the tuning of the sessions.
- Scheduled to automate the update processes and Informatica Workflows.
- Wrote PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database.
- Tuned SQL queries for better performance.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Analyzed Session Log files in case the session failed to resolve errors in mapping or session configurations.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
- Involved with the testing team to build the Test plans.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, Putty, WinSCP, Linux, AWS.
- Analyzing the requirements and having a discussion with BA Team on understanding of the business process.
- Involved in creation of High-Level design documents based on BRD/FRD and got those reviewed by customers along with detailed project time lines.
- Involved in building the ETL architecture using Informatica 9.6.1/ 9.5.1 and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Preparing the complex SQL queries based on the requirement.
- Created Stored procedures, collections and packages.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets. Parsed high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Worked on Informatica Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, and Transformation Developer.
- Used most of the transformations such as the Source Qualifier, Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Connected and Unconnected Lookups, Joiner, update strategy and stored procedure.
- Worked extensively with different Caches such as Index cache, Data cache and Lookup cache (Static, Dynamic and Persistence) while developing the Mappings.
- Created Reusable transformations, Mapplets, Worklets using Transformation Developer and Designers.
- Integrated the data into centralized location. Used migration, redesign and Evaluation approaches.
- Created the release requests for QA Builds to include all the release requirements and involved in the implementation of QA, UAT and Production releases.
- Attending daily status calls and providing solutions to the issues/requirement.
- Working with BA Team in case of any clarifications on the requirement.
Environment: Unix, Informatica, Oracle and Teradata
- Worked with business analysts for requirement gathering, business analysis, and testing and project- coordination.
- Worked to identify different source systems and performed data analysis to determine the best approach of procuring source data using Informatica Power Center 9.x
- Interacting with different Business teams and Technical development teams to discuss the requirements for the new and modified business rules.
- Developed Source to Target Mappings using Informatica Power Center Designer to load data from various source systems like Oracle and Flat files to target database, implementing the business rules.
- Worked on issues involved in migrating the dev objects from Dev Repository to Test repository.
- Created snapshot for the transactional tables in distributed databases and created Triggers, Procedures and Functions for the backend development.
- Created shared folders, local and global shortcuts to reuse metadata MDM.
- Tuned performance of Informatica session for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length and target-based commit interval.
- Performed Performance tuning in RDBMS sources by implementing complex SQL query over rides in Source Qualifier transformation, which reduced unwanted data to be processed, thereby increasing the data processing speed.
- Used Informatica workflow monitor to check the status of the jobs.
- Create new batch jobs for Informatica. Designed and developed UNIX scripts to load tables and for scheduling the jobs.
- Used Informatica to run the sessions and workflows.
- Integrated the data with Tableau/OBIEE reporting tools to present to the business users.
- Escalate the issues to Project Manager which needs attention.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, PL/SQL, UNIX, XML.
- Understanding Client requirement & involve into scrum meeting to be a part of planning.
- Extracted data from SQL Server and Oracle tables.
- Extensively used SQL loader to load data from flat files to the database tables in Oracle.
- Involved in detail design and development of mappings using Informatica Power center.
- Implemented various Transformations like Joiner, Aggregate, Expression, Lookup, Filter, Update Strategy, Stored Procedures, and Router in ETL mappings.
- Used Informatica to load the data from different sources to target as per the mapping requirement.
- Created and Monitored Sessions and various other tasks such as Event-Raise Task, Event-Wait Task, Decision Task, Command Task etc. in Informatica workflows .
- Modified existing mappings for enhancements of new business requirements.
- Tuning the Mappings for Optimum Performance, Dependencies and Batch Design.
- Reporting to the onsite coordinator about the status of the test activities daily.