- Involved in preparing SDD (System Design Document) based on PRD (Project Requirement Document), TRD (Technical Requirement Document) and Market analysis team inputs.
- Created system requirements, performed design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Developed and reviewed Detail Design Document and Technical specification docs for end to end ETL process flow for each source systems using DataStage.
- Responsible to analyze functional specification and prepared technical specification, development, deploying and testing according to business requirement.
- Gather requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with senior management of the Research Group and SMEs and document them.
- Assisted team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross - functional and third-party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Developed mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Look up (connected and unconnected), Normalizer, Expression, Aggregator, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Filter, Update Strategy, Rank and Router transformations.
- Development of scripts for loading the data into the base tables in EDW using Fast Load, Multiload and BTEQ utilities of Teradata.
- Writing Multiload scripts, Fast Load and Bteq scripts for loading the data into stage tables and then process into BID.
- Experience in development, creation of tickets and support to different vendor applications like; Charles River Investment Application, Eagle Investment, PAM, Fiserv APL, NFS, Bloomberg, State Street, Northern Trust, Golden Source and FactSet.
- Developed Scripts to load the data from source to staging and staging area to Confidential tables using different load utilities like Bteq, Fast Load and Multiload.
- Performed application level DBA activities creating tables, indexes, monitored and tuned Teradata BTEQ scripts using Teradata.
- Experienced in data loading from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata production and development warehouse using BTEQ, FASTEXPORT, MULTI LOAD, FASTLOAD and Informatica.
- Expertise with IDQ/IDE tools for data profiling, data enrichment and standardization.
- Used extensively Derived Tables, Volatile Table and GTT tables in many of the ETL scripts.
- Expertise in handling various aspects of Business Intelligence viz. Data Warehouse Design, Development, Administration and Architecture, ETL Administration, Development and Production Support, Informatica PowerCenter / Data Quality / B2B / Master Data Management, Talend Data Integration / Data Quality / MDM, Abinitio, Oracle PL/SQL, Teradata PL/ SQL, Netezza PL /SQL / DataStage/ BI-Crystal Reports/Control-M/MobaXterm/SQL Developer and UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Extensively used Toad utility for executing SQL scripts and worked on SQL for enhancing the performance of the conversion mapping.
- Used the PL/SQL procedures for Informatica mappings for truncating the data in Confidential tables at run time.
- Used PMCMD to start and abort sessions and tasks. Also used INFACMD to track the status of the applications and also automate the service notification emails
- Provided project manager with regular status updates assisting the overall project management initiative.
- Well experienced & highly motivated ETL Developer with 8+ years of experience in IT industry in Design, Development and Implementation of data warehouse technologies using Confidential DataStage (Designer, Director & Administrator).
- Strong experience in loading and maintaining Data Warehouses and Data Marts using Confidential DataStage ETL processes.
- Over nine years of ETL and data integration experience using DataStage and Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x
- Experience in all phases of Data warehouse life cycle involving Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, and Deployment.
- Extensive experience in developing ETL mappings, data integration, data profiling, and master data management using Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x and DataStage 11.
- Data Warehousing
- Shell Scripting
- Reporting Tools
- MS Suite
Confidential, Santa Rosa, CA
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer
- Developed several Informatica objects like workflows, worklets, sessions, mappings by using workflow manager and designer respectively.
- Defined the ETL Standardization process to setup new ETL using Informatica 9.5 mappings as part of Cognos to OBIEE conversion project.
- Developed and analyzed Informatica product data hub mappings troubleshooting for data validation issues and defining data cleansing process thru ETL match and merge steps.
- Collaborate with all developers and business users to gather required data and execute all ETL programs and scripts on systems and implement all data warehouse activities and prepare reports for same.
- Managed and helped other team members in defining various transformations like Expression, Joiner, Lookup, Filter, Stored Procedure and Router for implementing core data validations and business rules.
- Used Confidential DataStage 9.1 as an ETL tool to extract data from various source systems, loaded the data into Oracle database.
- Worked on Wolters Kluwer Financial Services - OneSummix SolRep tool to understand the mapping between different tables.
- Applied data cleansing rules and moved the data to staging area. Main part considered from source to stage load is the way performance is handled and built the job using minimum stages.
- Acted as a technical resource throughout the Agile Development life cycle. Contributed to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. ETL /DataStage Developer
- Working on Confidential Infosphere DataStage 9.1 to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Involved in migration of the maps from IDQ to power center.
- Worked on complex mappings using transformations like Aggregator, Expression, Joiner, Filter, Sequence Generator, Connected and Unconnected Lookup, Dynamic Lookup, Filter, Router, Union, and Update Strategy using Informatica Power Center Designer.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, Transformations, Work Flow Manager (Task Developer, Worklets, and Work Flow Designer) and Workflow Monitor.
- Design reference data and data quality rules using IDQ and involved in cleaning the data using IDQ.
- Designing the DataStage jobs as per the proposed design to implement SCD Type 1 & 2 design.
- Extensively used CDC (Change Data Capture) stage, implemented SCD (Slowly Changing Dimension) and used Join, Lookup stages & SQL join appropriately to lookup reference data based on expected volumes.
- Transforming high-level design spec to simple ETL coding. Designing mappings according to the mapping standards, naming standards and warehouse standards for future application development.
- Worked with PL/SQL (DML, DDL, Complex Queries, Index, Sequence, Views, cursor, record data type, function, procedure, trigger, package etc.).
Confidential, Plantation, FL
- Worked with Data Architects and Business Analysts to understand the data flow, existing logic and creation of Business Requirement Documents on the business logic involved in creation of feeds.
- Monitoring the Data stage job on daily basis by running the UNIX shell script and made a force start whenever job fails.
- Created and modified batch scripts to FTP files from different server to DataStage server.
- Created logical and physical design for Dimensional data warehouse using CA/ERWIN; Quest/Toad, Oracle RDMS based on Ralph Kimball Methodology.
- Created technical specification for the development of Informatica extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) mappings in order to load data into classified tables in DATA Marts and defined ETL standards.
- Performed Data Model Updates and Enhancements to existing Oracle Designer data models as required
Confidential, Irving, TX
ETL Informatica Developer
- Interacted with the Data Analysis team to gather requirements and created Business Specification Documents. Analyzed the approach Documents/Templates and suggested a few fixes.
- Worked on data cleansing, data Extraction, Transformation and Loading design, development, source to Confidential mappings, data warehouse transformations, performance tuning, testing and documentation.
- Designed, developed and supported ETL processes for data staging, extraction, transformation, and loading of fact tables, data cleansing, automating ETL processes
- Collected, organized and generated new documentation for ETL projects including technical specifications, ETL test scripts, change control, implementation checklists, and data flow diagrams.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
ETL Informatica Developer
- Developing and reviewing Detail Design Document and Technical specification docs for end to end ETL process flow for each source systems.