- 8+ years of experience in Informatica Power Center in all phases of analysis, design, development, implementation and support of Data warehousing applications using Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x
- Extensive experience in production support processes, incident management, change management and release management.
- Extensive professional experience in Information Technology with strong background in the areas of ETL Design and ETL development in Data Warehousing using Informatica Power Center.
- Excellent understanding of ETL design process, development and maintenance using Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Experience on Informatica designer tools like reusable transformations, mappings, mapplets, and workflows. Extensively worked with Slowly Changing Dimensions, CDC
- Experience in Data warehouse development, working with Data migration, Data conversion and Extraction/Transformation/Loading using Informatica Power Center and Informatica cloud platform.
- Expert in using design and management tools like Erwin and Toad, SQL Developer
- Highly proficient in integrating data with SFDC using Informatica 8.6 and 9.x versions.
- Excellent Work Experience in Informatica Power center for Data integration between Oracle and SFDC which includes development of Joiner, Aggregator, Lookup, Salesforce Lookup, Router and Sorter transformations.
- Experience in integration of various Operational Data Source (ODS) with Multiple Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL server and DB2 and Worked on integrating data from flat files like fixed width and delimited.
- Strong experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Tables, Database Links, Materialized Views, Synonyms, Sequences, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Joins, Unions, Cursors, Collections, and Indexes in Oracle.
- Strong experience in Understanding Logical and Physical Data Modeling, Dimensional Data Modeling - Star Schema/Snow Flake modeling, Fact and Dimension Tables.
- Extensive involvement in composing UNIX shell scripts and computerization of the ETL forms utilizing UNIX shell scripting.
- Solid and extensive knowledge in understanding Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), requirement, analysis, design and implementation, review specification, testing and maintenance of applications in Agile Methodology and Agile Scrum meeting for creative work.
- Experienced to work with Development team, Production support team and Business Analysts in handling critical situations to meet the deadlines for successful completion of the tasks/projects.
- Experienced in writing and debugging to find out the problems in mappings, troubleshooting and rectifying ETL bugs.
- Proficient in Data Governance, Data Lifecycle, Data Quality Improvement, Master Data Management, and Metadata Management
- Worked with Data governance team to evaluate test results for fulfillment of all data requirements
- Experienced in working for the post development cycle and applications in Production Support
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and is experienced in working with senior level managers, business people and developers across multiple disciplines.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.0/9.5/9.1/8.6.1/8.1//7.1.2/6.2
OLAP tools: Cognos, Business Objects
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i, DB2,MS-SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Teradata 14/12Sybase 10,My SQL and MS-Access
Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow - flake Schema Modeling, E-R Modeling
OS/Environment: Windows, UNIX
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
Other Tools: Toad, SQL Developer, Erwin, Share point, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Autosys
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. Informatica ETL Developer
- Perform requirement analysis through coordination with business analysts and define business and functional specifications.
- As a team conducted gap analysis and Discussions with subject matter experts to gather requirements, emphasize on problem areas and define deliverables.
- Logical and Physical data modeling was done using Erwin for data warehouse database in STAR SCHEMA.
- Using Informatica Power Center Designer analyzed the source data to Extract & Transform from various source systems (oracle 11g, DB2, SQL server and flat files) by incorporating business rules using different objects and functions that the tool supports.
- Using Informatica Power Center created mappings and mapplets to transform the data according to the business rules.
- Designed the ETL mappings between sources to operational staging targets, then to the data warehouse using Power center Designer.
- Involved in Design, analysis, Implementation, Testing and support of ETL processes for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Documented Informatica mappings in Excel spread sheet.
- Developed mappings/Reusable Objects/Transformation/mapplets by using mapping designer, transformation developer and mapplet designer in Informatica Power Center.
- Worked with Informatica power center Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Used Informatica Power Center to migrate the data from different source systems.
- Extensively used Autosys for Scheduling and monitoring.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center 9.5 by using various transformations like Expression, Source Qualifier, Filter, Router, Sorter, Aggregator, Update Strategy, Connected and unconnected look up etc.
- Extensively used various Performance tuning Techniques to improve the session performance.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Extract, Transformation and Loading) mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems like Oracle, SQL server and Flat files and loaded into Oracle.
- Created business rules in Informatica Developer and imported them to Informatica Power center to load the standardized and good format of data to staging tables.
- Involved in creating new table structures and modifying existing tables and fit into the existing Data Model.
- Designed and Created data cleansing, validation and loading scripts for warehouse using Informatica Power Center 9.1.1/8.6.
- Worked with offshore team to Develop and deliver the ETL tasks.
- Monitored workflows and session using Power Center workflows monitor
- Used Informatica Scheduler for scheduling the workflows
- Developed the ETL jobs to automate the Data validation process across the systems (Web trends and In house) using Informatica and notifying the variances to stakeholders.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools - Source Analyzer, Mapping designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Informatica Repository Manager and Informatica Server Manager.
- Created workflows and worklets for designed mappings.
- Provide documentation of ETL design and technical specifications, high level and low level design specifications.
- Design and build reconciliation process.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.0/9.1.1, Teradata 14/12, Oracle 11g, My SQL, XML, Flat Files, SQL Assistant, Autosys, Toad, PL/SQL, Erwin, Unix shell scripting, Cognos, Unix, Windows
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. Informatica ETL Developer
- Worked with Business Analyst and application users to finalize Data Model, functional and detailed technical requirements.
- Prepared mapping specifications documents, unit testing documents for developed Informatica mappings.
- Responsible for the debugging, creating mapping, running maps etc. by using Informatica Power Center.
- Configured and running test session, workflow using Workflow Manager.
- Prepared mapping documents for loading the data from legacy system, flat files to staging area.
- Responsible for Data Warehouse Architecture, ETL and coding standards.
- Extensively involved in performance tuning of the Informatica ETL mappings by using the caches and overriding the SQL queries and also by using Mapping Parameter files.
- Effectively made use of Hints, Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, SQL Loader, Dynamic SQL and Ref Cursor.
- Extensively involved in both ETL Informatica & Database performance tuning.
- Analyzed session log files in session failures to resolve errors in mapping or session configuration.
- Used various transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Lookup, SQL, router, filter, Expression and Update Strategy.
- Developed Stored Procedures and used them in Stored Procedure transformation for data processing and have used data migration tools.
- Assisted DBA to Create tables and views in Teradata, Oracle database.
- Extensive experience in integration of Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) with Informatica Power Center
- Created the DB tables, Views and involved in taking backup of Production tables.
- Developed complex mappings & mapplets in Informatica to load the data using different transformations.
- Prepared ETL standards, Naming conventions and wrote ETL flow documentation for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling to Design and develop STAR Schemas, used ERWIN, identifying Fact and Dimension Tables.
- Rebuilding the Reports in Cognos Environment.
- Involved in Migration projects to migrate data from data warehouses on Oracle/DB2 and migrated those to Teradata.
- Worked with the third party scheduler Autosys for scheduling Informatica PowerCenter Workflows Involved with Scheduling team in creating and scheduling jobs in Autosys Workload Scheduler.
- Involved in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing the data flow, evaluating transformations and fixing the bugs so that they conform to the business needs.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1/9.5.1/9.1.1 , Teradata 14/12, Oracle 11g, My SQL, XML, Flat Files, SQL Assistant, Share point PL/SQL, Cognos, Unix, Windows.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
ETL Informatica developer
- Extensively Worked with Data Modeler, Data Analysts and Business Users to gather, verify and validate various business requirements.
- Identified various source systems, connectivity, tables to ensure data availability to start the ETL process.
- Created Design Documents for source to target mappings
- Created Workflows, Tasks, database connections, FTP connections using Workflow Manager.
- Developed mappings to get the SAP source data
- Extensively developed various Mappings using different Transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup (connected and unconnected), Update Strategy, Aggregator, Filter, Router, Joiner etc
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the workflows, sessions and scheduling them to run at specified time.
- Created pre-session and post-session shell commands for performing various operations like sending an email to the business notifying them about any new dealer branches.
- Providing the Architecture/Domain knowledge to Report developer for the creation of Dashboards and Reports.
- Performed Fine tuning of SQL overrides for performance enhancements and tuned Informatica mappings and sessions for optimum performance.
- Extensively worked with Look up Caches like Shared Cache, Persistent Cache, Static Cache and Dynamic Cache to improve the performance of the lookup transformations.
- Created Source definitions and Flat File Target definitions using the Informatica
- Used UNIX commands (Vi Editor) to perform the DB2 load operations.
- Created detail Unit test plans and performed error checking and testing of the ETL procedures using SQL queries, filtering out the missing rows into flat files at the mapping level.
- Scheduled the ETLs using ESP scheduler.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.1.1 , Oracle 11g, TOAD, SAP BOBJ 4.0,4.1, Tableau 9.2, UNIX, Autosys, SQL*Loader, PowerCenter Mapping Architect for Visio, Sybase Power Designer, IBM DB2, Flat files, SQL, putty, UltraEdit-32, shell Programming, Toad, Quest Central
Confidential, Carrollton TX
- Involved in the requirements definition and analysis in support of Data Warehousing efforts.
- Worked on ETL design and development, creation of the Informatica source to target mappings, sessions and workflows to implement the Business Logic.
- Created Informatica mappings with PL/SQL Procedures/Functions to build business rules to load data
- Used most of the transformations such as the Source qualifier, Aggregators, Lookups, Filters, Sequence and Update strategy, Router.
- Extensive knowledge and worked with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 8.6.1) for data analysis, datacleansing, data validation, data profiling and matching/removing duplicate data.
- Designed and developed Informatica DQ Jobs, Mapplets using different transformation like Address validator, matching, consolidation, rules etc. for data loads and data cleansing.
- Preparation of technical specification for the development of Extraction, Transformation and Loading data into various stage tables.
- Scheduled and Run Workflows in Workflow Manager and monitored sessions using Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Validated and tested the mappings using Informatica Debugger, session logs and workflow logs.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 8.6.1), SQL Server, Oracle 11g, Flat files, MySQL, Teradata 13, WinSCP, Notepad++, Toad, Quest Central, UNIX scripting, Windows NT.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Assisted to prepare design/specifications for data Extraction, Transformation and Loading
- Developed Informatica mappings, enabling the extract, transport and loading of the data into target tables.
- Created Workflow, Worklets and Tasks to schedule the loads at required frequency using Workflow Manager.
- Prepared reusable transformations to load data from operational data source to Data Warehouse.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries involving multiple tables with joins.
- Scheduled and Run Workflows in Workflow Manager and monitored sessions using Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Used debugger, session logs and workflow logs to test the mapping and fixed the bugs.
- Analyzed the dependencies between the jobs and scheduling them accordingly using the Work Scheduler.
- Improved the performance of the mappings, sessions using various optimization techniques.
Environment: Informatica 8.1, OBIEE, Erwin, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, Flat files, SQL, putty, UltraEdit-32, shell Programming, Toad, SQL Developer, UNIX scripting, Windows NT.