- Having good experience in development, maintenance, debugging and enhancement in Informatica Power center.
- Have a clear understanding of Data Warehousing concepts with emphasis on ETL and life cycle development.
- Extensive experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading of Data into Enterprise Data Warehouse using Informatica PowerCenter 9.x, 8.x versions.
- Strong experience in Designing the Workflows, Mappings, creation of Sessions and scheduling them using Informatica PowerCenter 9.x, 8.x versions.
- Varied experience in Designing and developing the mappings from various Transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Aggregator, Router, Filter, Expression, Lookup, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Normalizer and more.
- Experience in Debugging sessions and mappings, Performance Tuning of the Sessions and mappings, implementing the complex business rules, optimizing the mappings.
- Proficiency in data warehousing techniques for Data cleansing, Slowly Changing Dimension phenomenon, Surrogate key assignment.
- Experience in extraction of data from various Heterogeneous sources (Relational database, Flat Files, XML Files) to load into Data Warehouse/Datamart targets.
- Proficient in understanding business processes/requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Worked with DBMS like Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL server and Vertica.
- Experience in Database development skills using Oracle PL/SQL to write stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Extensive development, support and maintenance experience working in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) especially in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Prepare/Maintain documentation on all aspects of ETL processes, definitions and mappings to support knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, customer skills, documentation skills and desire to work in dynamic and challenging environments.
- Work exceptionally well in a team or in an individual environment (self starter).
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.X/8.X
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g
Data Access Tools: TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell scripting
Scheduling Tools: Informatica Job Scheduler, Tidal
Operating Systems: MS DOS, Win 98/2000/XP/7/8, UNIX
Other Tools: Win SCP, Putty
Confidential, San FranciscoInformatica Developer
Roles and responsibilities:
- Confidential has three interface send file, return file and EOB trigger file.
- The purpose of the Confidential Send file Interface is to send the Confidential Claims data from Facets to Confidential system to support the claims processing. This interface handles both medical and dental Confidential claims.
- The scope Confidential return interface is to receive the claims return file from Confidential and process it by applying the business rules.
- The purpose of Confidential EOB trigger interface is to create and send the Confidential PPO Subscriber EOB Trigger file with Claims and Check details to Confidential distributed software. Trigger file, contains Facets Confidential (Federal Employee Program) claims information essential for the completion of the claim and for producing the Member EOB (Explanation Of Benefit).
- Project involved in building new features, functionality for the interface Confidential and enhancement for the existing functionality by creating workflow, mapping to handle all types of data from any source (Database, Flat file etc.) This phase was entirely done using Informatica PowerCentre tools, Oracle and Unix. My involvement in this phase was in building mappings in Informatica to handle various business requirements as given by the business.
- End to End Testing
- This phase included Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing for the Confidential application.
Tools Used: Informatica PowerCentre 9.6, Oracle 11g, Putty, WinSCP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Architecture Development
- This phase involved creation of multiple workflows to handle transfer of data to various data marts from
- Salesforce Sources efficiently through minimal coding activities. The data was supposed to be loaded to a general data warehouse that is used throughout the company for generating reports. Performed operational tasks on the HP Vertica database, such as writing the queries, running queries, monitoring the system, diagnosing and troubleshooting issues, and optimizing performance.
- End to End Testing
- This phase included Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing for the interfaces which would eventually provide the reports for end user action. Once all these phases succeeded.
- I was also involved in the deployment of the application onto the HP production Servers.
Tools Used: Informatica PowerCentre 9.5, Oracle 11g, Unix Shell Scripting, Vertica, Salesforce.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Architecture Development: This phase involved creation of a universal architecture to transform data from different sources and make them compatible with IRT and then process them based on configured metadata. This phase was entirely done using Informatica PowerCentre tools, Oracle procedures and Unix Shell scripts.My involvement in this phase was in building mappings in Informatica to handle various different business requirements as given by the user. I was also involved in Unix Shell Scripting for file handling required for the reconciliation processes.
- End to End Testing of reconciliation application and deployment
- This phase included Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing for the reconciliation application which would eventually provide the reports for end user action. Once all these phases succeeded I was also involved in the deployment of the application onto the Deutsche Bank Servers.
- This project was also named amongst the top 10 projects of Deutsche bank.
Tools:Used: Informatica PowerCentre 8.6, Oracle 10g, Unix Shell Scripting.