- Over 7 years of IT experience with a strong background in SDLC, Data Integration tools including Informatica Power Center, Informatica Power Exchange.
- Currently working with Accenture in a Contract position over more than 3 Years.
- Expertise in Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x extracting data from SQL Server and DB2 databases.
- Extensive experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data using Informatica and DB2 Utilities from heterogeneous sources.
- Performed ETL activities with the help of DB2 Utilities and shell scripting by redesigning existing informatica Mappings and Workflows
- Involved in Application Migration from SQL Server to DB2 including Data Archival and Database Migration
- Involved in Database Migration from SQL Server to DB2 including Data Archival
- Extensive experience with Insurance and Banking Domains.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Strong ability to analyze source systems and business requirements, identify and document business rules, design data architecture for cohesive decision support and prepare dimensional data models.
- Good understanding of Dimensional data modeling like Star and Snowflake schemas
- Organized Group sessions to discuss complex business requirements, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Extensively worked in development of Informatica Mappings and Informatica Workflows.
- Involved in Optimization and Tuning of mappings and sessions in Informatica by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, memory management and parallel threading.
- Performed Performance/ Query tuning and Generation/interpretation of explain plans and tuning SQL to improve performance.
- Skilled in Linux Shell Scripting and experience on different UNIX platforms.
- Experience in scheduling of ETL jobs using $Universe and Control - M.
- Maintained outstanding relationship with Business Analysts and Business Users to identify information needs as per business requirements.
- Experience in working in an onsite-offshore structure and effectively coordinated tasks between onsite and offshore teams.
- Experience in the full-cycle software development including requirements gathering, prototyping, and proof of concept, design, documentation, implementation, testing, maintenance and production support.
- A highly motivated self-starter and a good team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in debugging, Error handling and performance tuning of sources, targets, mappings and sessions. Implemented parallelism in loads by partitioning.
- Expertise in preparing the ETL Design Documents like low-level Design documents, Technical design documents and Source to Target Mappings.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x.
Other Tools: Toad, MS Visio, DB2 Connect, DB2 Data Joiner, Quest Tools, Power Designer, HP Service Manager, XML & XSD
Data Modeling/Tools: Visio, Star Schema, Snowflakes Modeling
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 8i/9i /10g,IBM DB2
Scripting Languages: Korn Shell
Methodologies: Data Warehousing Design, Data Modeling, Logical and Physical Database Design.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 7, LINUX and Mainframe
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements, Using Agile Scrum Model.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Redesigned Existing ETL flow with Linux Scripting.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites for the external mainframe files.
- Production Support has been done as part of ELS period to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the deployment problems.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including tuning, modifying of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Worked in Informatica version-based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations.
- Effectively worked on Onsite and Offshore work model.
- Pre and post session assignment variables were used to pass the variable values from one session to other.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Reviewed and analyzed functional requirements, mapping documents, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Performed unit testing at various levels of the ETL and actively involved in team code reviews.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.1/9.6,Web Services, DB2, SQL Server, Xml, Flat Files, WinSCP, UNIX / Windows MS VISIO, Control-M, Quality Center
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Production Support Analyst
- Identifying the load on server and performing load balancing to avoid SLA miss outs during regular job monitoring.
- Created mappings using transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Aggregator, Expression, Filter, Router, Lookup, Update Strategy, and Sequence Generator.
- Involved in development of Informatica Mappings, Mapplets and Workflows for complex Business rules
- Deploy Informatica Objects in to TEST, UAT and Production Environments.
- Having experience on Dimensional Data Modeling using Data modeling, Star Join Schema/Snowflake modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & logical data modeling.
- Performed various transformation logics by utilizing the Source Qualifier, expression, filter, joiner, lookup, router and Update Strategy.
- Prepared required application design documents based on business functionality.
- Involved in full life cycle development including Design, ETL strategy, troubleshooting Reporting, and Identifying facts and dimensions.
- Monitoring daily runs of jobs on $Universe (scheduling tool) and UNIX environment.
- Batch job support (24x7) including Month End, Quarter End and Year-End Support.
- Involving in migration and Testing of applications during software/hardware environment upgrades.
- Developed and Scheduled Various Mappings and Sessions.
- Automated various manual Processes through ETL logic.
- Involved in code and application development & enhancements.
- I was also involved in Solving Priority 1 Business Cases and Maintaining and supporting the production in a Full Cycle basis.
- Responsible for maintenance of proper quality standards in deliverables, version control, defect tracker, error log etc and Major Business and Operations Support.
- Involved in Critical and high priority time bound issues providing detailed Root Cause and resolution to business users.
- Identified performance bottlenecks and implemented Performance tuning methods.
Environment: Informatica Power center 9.5/9.1, UNIX, Oracle 11g, SQL, Dolor Universe, Korn Shell, Quality Center 9.x, Power Exchange 9.2.1/8.6.1.
- Performing data threshold validation check
- Validating record count check, before and after the transformation logic applied
- Data flow validation from the staging area to the intermediate tables
- Identifying record count check from the intermediate table to the target system.
- Ensure the key field data is not missing or Null.
- Checking if the aggregate values and calculated measures are loaded in the fact tables.
- Check modeling views based on the target tables.
- Check the BI reports based on the loaded fact and dimension table and as per the expected results.
- Identified the Test requirements based on business requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing and maintained documentation on different types of Testing viz., Positive, Negative, System, User-acceptance, and Black Box.
- Developed Test Objectives, Test Cases and Test Procedures after analyzing the applications.
- Developed test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Participated in preparing Test Plans.
- Performed data driven testing and regression testing using Win Runner and interacted with developers to resolve the issues.
- Documented errors and implemented their resolutions.
- Wrote SQL queries to validate data.
- Participated in regular meetings with the development team and management to improve the testing effort of the application.
- Participated in user training and submitted weekly status reports.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6/ 8.1, TOAD, PL/SQL, Oracle 10G, Test Director, QC.