- 7+ years of experience in analysis, design, development and maintenance in IT industry.
- Extensive experience in Data Warehouse applications using Informatica, ETL, Oracle, DB2, PL/SQL, MS SQL server on Windows, Confidential and UNIX platforms.
- Developed tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions and effectively manage client expectations.
- Developed effective working relationships with client team to understand support requirements.
- Experienced to work in Development team, Production support teams in handling critical situations to meet the deadlines for successful completion of the tasks/projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, technically competent and result - oriented with problem solving skills and ability to work independently and use sound judgment.
- Experienced in different software development methodologies like Waterfall Model and Agile Software Development process.
- Experienced on end to end ETL lifecycle implementation with Informatica PowerCenter 9.x including mapping design, workflow design, code migration, production implementation, support activities.
- Expertise in Data Modeling using Star Schema/Snowflake Schema, OLAP/ROLAP tools, Fact and Dimensions tables, Physical and logical data modeling.
- Experienced in using Workflow Manager Tools like Task Developer, Workflow Designer and Worklet Designer and scheduling the Workflows and Sessions .
- Experienced in documenting High Level Design, Low level Design, STM's, Unit test plan, Unit test cases and Deployment documents.
- Experienced in Repository Configuration/using Transformations, creating Informatica Mappings, Mapplets, Sessions, Worklets, Workflows, Processing tasks using Informatica Designer / Workflow Manager to move data from multiple source systems into targets.
- Experienced in Performance tuning of Informatica (sources, mappings, targets and sessions) and tuning the SQL queries.
- Experienced in designing and implementing different types of mappings including Aggregator, Look Up, Update Strategy, Joiner, Filter, Sequence Generator, Normalizer, Sorter, Router, XML Parser, XML Generator and reusable transformations using Informatica PowerCenter Designer.
- Experienced in developing complex mappings using informatica and Change data capture (CDC).
- Experienced in integration and transforming of various data sources from Databases like MS Access, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and formats like flat-files, COBOL files, XML, etc.
- Experienced in using ETL tools like Informatica (Power Center) Designer, Repository Manager, Administration console and Workflow Manager for structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in Oracle and MS SQL Server environments using Triggers, functions, SQL, Confidential -SQL and PL/SQL.
Data warehousing/ BI Reporting tools: Informatica 9.x, Tableau, R
Data bases: Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server Management Studio & DB2
Data Modeling/ Database Tools and Utilities: ER- Studio, Erwin, Visio, TOAD, SQL Developer
Languages and Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Java Script, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Script
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in gathering and analyzing the requirements and preparing business rules.
- Designed and developed complex mappings by using Lookup, Expression, Update, Sequence generator, Aggregator, Router, Stored Procedure, etc., transformations to implement complex logics while coding a mapping.
- Worked with Informatica power center Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Extract, Transformation and Loading) mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems like Oracle, SQL server and Flat files and loaded into Oracle.
- Developed Informatica Workflows and sessions associated with the mappings using Workflow Manager.
- Involved in creating new table structures and modifying existing tables and fit into the existing Data Model.
- Extracted data from different databases like Oracle and external source systems like flat files using ETL tool.
- Involved in debugging Informatica mappings, testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Performance and Unit testing of Informatica Sessions, Batches and Target Data.
- Developed Mapplets, Reusable Transformations, Source and Target definitions, mappings using Informatica 9.6.1.
- Generated queries using SQL to check for consistency of the data in the tables and to update the tables as per the Business requirements.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of mappings in Informatica.
- Good understanding of source to target data mapping and Business rules associated with the ETL processes.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Data Warehousing Consultant
- Solid experience in Data warehousing field specifically Data Modeling, Informatica Power Exchange/ Power Center.
- Expert in Creating Data Models with Kimball and Bill Inman methods.
- Experienced in development and providing support for major as well as minor releases Solid experience in analyzing and fixing Production issues in the current Informatica Applications and back end applications.
- Excellent Data Modeling, Analysis, Data Mining skills.
- Designed STAR Schema, created PL/SQL Procedures, functions, Triggers, generated reports using Business Objects.
- Used Informatica to extract data from Legacy systems to Staging to ODS using Informatica Transformations with in mappings.
- In-depth understanding of Data warehousing concepts such as Kimball’s methodology, OLAP, SCDs (type1, type2 and type3), star schema and snowflake schema
- Expert in Oracle database servers 11g.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in PL/SQL, SQL and Unix shell scripting
- Experienced in developing complex PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers, views.
- In-depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Experienced in creating Data Models using data-modeling tool Erwin.
- Experience with Oracle Designer for data modeling.
- Involved in Mappings, Mapplets, Transformations design using Informatica Developer 9.x
- Designed and developed various Interactive Dashboards and reports with drilldowns, guided navigation, filters, and prompts.
- Involved in different stage of System Development Life Cycle from defining, designing and developing the new system to testing evaluating and maintaining the system
- Created mappings, sessions, workflows as per the requirement
- Unit testing for all ETL components and submitting the results
- Prepared the code migration template for ETL/Reporting
- Coordinated with ETL & Report testing team for fixing the defects
- Created automation shell scripts for running informatica workflows and scheduled in Confidential Tivoli Workload Scheduler.
- Scheduling/running and monitor the ETL jobs using the Tivoli Workload Scheduler, and making sure that they run successfully and responsible for reviewing the database for the optimal results.
Data Warehouse Consultant
- Designed the ETL processes using Informatica to load data from DB2, Flat Files (Fixed Width), and Excel files to staging database and from staging to the target Data Mart.
- Involved in cleansing and extraction of data and defined quality process for the warehouse.
- Implemented the best practices for the creation of mappings, sessions and workflows and performance optimization.
- Developed standard and re-usable mappings and mapplets using various transformations like expression, aggregator, joiner, source qualifier, router, lookup Connected/Unconnected, and filter.
- Involved in performance tuning and optimization of Informatica mappings and sessions using features like partitions and data/index cache to manage very large volume of data.
- Involved in performance tuning of the mappings, sessions and workflows.
- Query Optimization for improving the performance of the data warehouse.
- Used Workflow Manager for creating, validating, testing and running the sequential and concurrent sessions and scheduling them to run Confidential specified time and as well to read data from different sources and write it to target databases.
- Used session parameters and parameter files to reuse sessions for different relational sources or targets.
- Created documentation on mapping designs and ETL processes.
- Maintain Development, Test and Production mapping migration Using Repository Manager.
- Documented ETL test plans, test cases, test scripts, test procedures, assumptions, and validations based on design specifications for unit testing, system testing, expected results, preparing test data and loading for testing, error handling and analysis.
- Involved in Unit testing, User Acceptance Testing to check whether the data is loading into target, which was extracted from different source systems per the user requirements.
- Involved in production support working with various mitigation tickets created while the users working to retrieve the database.
- Understand the requirements from the Functional specifications.
- Closely interacted with the Client and Functional consultant as creation of Technical Design Document.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, packages, functions for data upload, bulk loading, Incremental loading.
- Created Triggers to capture the Data manipulation transactions on the Fact tables and Fact history tables.
- Implemented the best practices of SQL usage within the project to improve the performance of the SQL.
- Co-ordinated monthly roadmap releases to push enhanced/new Informatica code to production.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading) mappings using Informatica Designer 8.6 to extract the data from multiple source systems that comprise databases like Oracle 10g, SQL Server 7.2, flat files to the Staging area, EDW and then to the Data Marts.
- Created mappings using different look-ups like connected, unconnected and Dynamic look-up with different caches such as persistent cache
- Performed Impact Analysis of the changes done to the existing mappings and provided the feedback
- Create mappings using reusable components like worklets, mapplets using other reusable transformations.
- Participated in providing the project estimates for development team efforts for the off shore as well as on-site.
- Coordinated and monitored the project progress to ensure the timely flow and complete delivery of the project
- Worked on Informatica Source Analyzer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, and Transformations.