- ETL Tester has solid experience with data models, identification, target mapping and testing schemas. Possesses extensive knowledge of transformation rules, verification processes and data sample comparisons. Is highly analytical and detail - oriented and has 7 years 6 months of ETL Tester experience.
- Worked and reviewed along with Business Analysts and Functional Team members to translate Business requirements into ETL technical specifications.
- Experience includes testing of applications which use integrated database using AB-intio, SAS, Wherescape Red, Oracle (10g,9i), Teradata and DB2 .
- Familiarity and experience in the work environment consisting of Business analysts, Production Support teams, Subject Matter Experts, Database Administrators and Data warehouse developers .
- Worked in multiple responsibilities such as reviewing of ETL design, and analysis and ETL technical specifications
- Good experience of Quality Assurance methodologies like Waterfall, V-Model, Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent Functional knowledge on various domains like Insurance, ETL/Database management and Telecommunications.
- Hands-on experience and strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in designing, documenting, and executing test plans, test harness, test scenarios/scripts & test cases for manual, Automation, Defect management tools (QC and CQ) and Scheduling (Control-M) Tools.
- Involved in various projects related to Data Modeling, System/Data Analysis and Design for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Extensive experience in testing and reviewing of dimensional modeling (Star and Snow flake) of data warehouse using Erwin.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation.
- Exposure in overall SDLC including requirement gathering, development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation, production Support.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and established track record of client interactions.
Confidential, Durham, NC
ETL Tester (Principle consultant)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield which is one of the largest health care insurance providers in US. It provides services to almost every third person in US. The North Carolina chapter of BCBS which takes care of the services provided in North Carolina maintains all service related data and generates periodic and daily reports to assess business. These reports influence important policy making decisions.
ETL Tester (Team Lead)
- Responsible for testing and reviewing of ETL mapping and transformation specifications based on the business requirements from various teams and the business teams.
- Testing of ETL jobs that are scheduled for file transfers from Operational Data Stores to designated file systems/directories.
- Tested various Reusable ETL Transformations which facilitate Daily, Weekly & Monthly Loading of Data.
- Tested the performance bottle necks at sources, targets, mappings, and sessions and employed required measures.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Document to understand the process and write Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Formulate methods to perform Positive and Negative testing against requirements.
- Creating, Validating and Running Control-M jobs (Scheduling Jobs) after finding out all the dependencies of the upstream and Downstream Schedules/Jobs.
- QA Environment readiness for Code Checkout from EME, Control-M job Creation and DDL implementation.
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation Testing.
- Used Agile testing methodology for achieving deadlines in UAT.
- Executed and managed test cases and reported bugs in Quality Center.
- Performed Verification, Validation, and Transformations on the Input data (Text files, XML files) before loading into target database.
- Hands on experience in collecting several metrics and come up with corrective measure to be presented to senior management.
- Hands on work experience working with offsite team model; coordinate my own efforts with team members in the off- site team.
- Participated in User Acceptance testing (UAT) and involved in UAT test cases, Executed test cases, Documenting Defects, Resolved defects and Signed Off from Application.
- Provided weekly status report to the Project Manager and discuss issues related to quality and deadlines.
ETL Tester (Test Analyst)
- Involved in Review of Test Plan and Test Cases
- Involved in Execution of Test cases
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing and Regression testing. Providing solutions to the customer to improve the business.
- Preparation of Test Summary Report and Defect Summary Report.
- Providing Data support to interface application.
- Helping team members with handling production and ORT Tickets
- Involved in End to End project discussion with Interface application.
- Analyzing there data needs and make sure our database has the required data.
- Requirement review and understanding the business
- Analysis and Estimation during Design Phase.
- Support during System Test/User Acceptance Test/User Confirmation
- Test/Production phases. Also, involved in testing the Production Tickets.
- Status tracking with the preparation of test cases and execution of test cases and reporting to higher management.
- Responsible for reviewing estimation for entire System Testing phase.