- 9.6 years of IT experience in Dataware Housing with ETL tools using Confidential Websphere Datastage 8.5 in Insurance, Banking, Project Management and Telecom domain with UNIX / LINUX as operating systems. Architected and Designed medium to large high performance Business Intelligence Applications.
- Highly proficient in DataStage tools like Datastage - Administrator, Designer and Director
- Penetrating insight in harnessing the inherent parallelism of Datastage with other applications/ETL Processes/Load Operations and Queries.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts including Data mart and Data Mining using Dimension Modeling (Star Schema Design) and Master Data Management (MDM).
- Skilled in creation of Datastage jobs for implementation of business logic and loading of data in the warehouse.
- Highly efficient and effective in performance tuning, jobs process identifying and resolution of performance issues in Datastage.
- Complete life cycle development of Data warehousing projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership qualities. Astute skills in debugging the issues related to Datastage connectivity and development. White papers and articles on Datastage and Data warehousing.
- Delivered easy to maintain, re-usable modules that adhere to architectural governance standards and practices
ETL Tool: Datastage 7.5, 8.1, 8.5, SSIS,Informatica
Other Tool: TOAD, Test Director, Putty, Tivoli, M Visio
Reporting Tool: Qlikview, Business Ojbects XI R2, SSRS
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g, DB2, Teradata, SQl Developer
WORK EXPERIENCE DETAILS:ETL Architect
- Create detailed design specification for ETL.
- Ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, and writing clear documentation.
- Analyse the sourcing requirement and translate that into functional as well as technical documentation
- Designs metadata model by analyzing requirements; studying system capabilities; writing specifications using Datastage
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Carry out tasks as agreed with the Manager
- Hands on knowledge of data migration, transformation and ETL techniques
- Constructed data models from business requirements at logical and physical levels
- Excellent client facing skills and stake holder engagement capabilities .
- Developing and designing Qlikview Dashboard
- Design robust schema/data structures to support client applications .
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Perform QA activities on code to ensure compliance with standards and best practices, configuration management. .
- Final approval of the design specification.
- Leading a 5 member high performance team and successfully managed and implemented the Data Migration from Teradata to Oracle 11g within defined timeframe for which I received the Achievement Award.
- Extensively involved in automation of jobs in scheduling tools like Tivoli and prepare alerts for notifications.
- Perform data profiling on incoming data sources to access quality and master data management.
- Design of Dashboards /control checks and Senior/Top Management Reports
- Involved in Development/Enhancement of the 3G prepaid and postpaid users as per legislative and change request procedure
- Performance tuning of ETL processes and control check validations.
- Project Planning and Tracking, Configuration Management (CVS tool), Code Reviews, troubleshooting & Defect prevention
- Resolved ETL Production issues within SLA period single handedly.
- Leading the programming team in all the stages of maintenance and enhancement and migrating 1000+ jobs from Datastage 7.5.1 to 8.1.2
- Adopt standard practices and defined workflow suited for Investment Advisory Project
- Actively participated in User acceptance testing and code promotion of various jobs
- Monitor development activities, deliver and implement the project as per scheduled milestones
- Coordinate with the Operation Team and client for the optimization & automation of jobs to save the more efforts required for support
- Execute, schedule and test job streams and build an operational ETL system that is automated, stable and efficient
- Perform sanity checks, code review, job validation, production environment setups for migrating code from DEV to UAT
- Developed data mapping sheet (Low Level Design) by analyzing source, target system and data model
- Development of ETL jobs (parallel job) as per the High level design.
- Technical reconciliation of source and target system
- Export and Import of the jobs between the production, development and test servers is done.
- Develop subroutines for implementing Before/After stage Activities
- Data quality assessment in problem solving and reporting tools like Test Director and Quality Center
- Export and Import of the jobs between the production, development and test Analyze different unit test cases and unit test Logs of jobs in Development/UAT and then migrating the jobs from development to production environment.
- Identifying the jobs which need to be tuned and consuming high CPU and doing performance tuning on both Datastage and Database.
- Guiding development team members in writing reconciliation queries as per business requirements