- IT experience in analysis, design, development, Implementation, testing and support of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Solutions using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Energetic, composed, motivated ETL developer with a passion for innovation, learning and technology
- A skilled technical professional with an earned reputation for meeting demanding deadlines and delivering quality Insurance/Healthcare/ Information department.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle including Waterfall and Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Capable of understanding the client requirements and translating them to technical requirements
- Sound Knowledge and experience in Metadata and Star schema/Snowflake schema, analyzing Source Systems, Staging area, Fact and Dimension tables in Target D/W, ETL design, including process flow, data flow, source - to-target mappings, physical database designs, data models.
- Experience in ETL methodology for supporting Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading Process in a corporate-wide-ETL solution using Informatica PowerCenter, Power Exchange, Data Mining, OLTP, OLAP, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- Experienced with Integration of data from various Sources & Targets such as Relational tables, flat files, XML files, web services etc
- Handled the projects from requirement gathering to implementation and the testing needs.
- Handled the support issues very efficiently
- Handled the tuning of SQL statements efficiently
- Proficient in database design
- Efficiently communicated with client and offshore team
- Used oracle SQL, stored procedures, functions, triggers and ad hoc queries.
- Expertise in batch processing mechanism and job automation
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 10.1/9.6/9.1/8.6/8.1 PowerExchange 9.6/9.1/8.6, Informatica
Platforms: Windows, UNIX
Databases: Oracle Exadata/11g/10g
Confidential, RICHMOND, VA
ETL Developer/ Informatica PowerCenter Developer
- Created mappings, which involved transformations like Filter, Router, Connected & Unconnected lookups, Stored Procedure, Joiner, Update Strategy, Expression and Aggregator transformations to load the transactions.
- Designed and developed mappings, defined workflows and tasks, monitored sessions, exported and imported mappings and workflows, backups, and recovery
- Experience in UNIX work environment developed scripts to perform file validation, job scheduling and error handling.
- This application is based on Informatica PowerCenter, UNIX and RDBMS
- Crested UNIX shell scripts for Informatica pre/post session operations, merging file from different source systems.
- Developed common routine mappings. Made use of mapping variables, mapping parameters and variable functions
- Attended daily stand-up calls, sprint meetings, PI planning, Demo meetings, and worked closely with Product Owners, architectures, scrum master and testing team.
- Regular support and maintenance activities.
- Enhancement task, Understanding Requirements and Providing Support for all Informatica related issues.
- Coordination with client, offshore team, infrastructure team, subject matter experts and other source teams for enhancement & production issues.
- Requirement gathering for any enhancement or change request from Client
- Analyze the requirement and provide the solution to the client.
- Attend project kickoff meetings with clients
- Estimate the scope, efforts and timelines for deliverables.
- Status Reporting
- Used debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs
- Developed slowly changed dimensions (SCD) Type 2 for loading data into Dimensions.
- Used Variables and Parameters in Mappings, Workflows and Sessions
Technical Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.6/8.6, SQL Server (Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer), Oracle Exadata, Business Objects, Informatica Data Quality 9.5.1/9.6.1
Integration Developer/ Informatica Developer
- Developed Detailed Design documents based on business requirements
- Interacted with business analysts and translated business requirements into technical specifications.
- Designed and developed Informatica code to extract, convert and load data for the application as per the business requirements.
- Involved in debugging the failed mappings identify the root cause and developing error-handling methods.
- Worked on Informatica transformations including but not limited to SQL, XML, SFDC lookup and Stored Procedure to facilitate the business requirements
- Coordination with client, offshore team, infrastructure team, subject matter experts and other source teams for developing solutions and finalizing the design and architecture of the data warehouse
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gathering, design, development, testing and production support.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer
- Tuned the workflows and mappings and was involved in identifying bottlenecks.
- Preparing and using test data/cases to verify accuracy and completeness of ETL process
- Designing and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data.
- Stored all the business rules in Oracle tables and validated all the data fields using Oracle expression filters.
- Created stored procedures that could accept XML data files, store XMLs in tables as per business request.
- Involved in Informatica tuning resulting in job getting completed faster.
- Prepared Design Document and process flow diagrams.
- Standardize PowerCenter components naming convention, guidelines, and best practices.
- Effectively worked in onsite-offshore model.
- Develop and maintain the best practices and guidelines throughout data Warehouse practice in the organization
- Providing Production Support - Issue Analysis and resolution.