- 7 years of experience in system analysis, design, development and implementation and Maintenance in Business Intelligence / Data warehouse
- Hands on Experience in Designing and Building ETL jobs using IBM IIS DataStage (v 8.7/8.5/8.1/7.5.2/7.5 )
- Extensively worked on Tableau 6.x/7.x/8.x (Desktop, Server and Public), Cognos
- Posses' strong knowledge of database management in writing complex SQL queries, Stored procedures, database tuning, query optimization and resolving key performance issues.
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization using Tableau
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop - down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- End to end experience in designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau
- Involvement in different phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of various methodologies scrum, agile, water fall in various projects life cycles.
- Extensively provided technical and analytical expertise in responding to complex, specialized report requests requiring higher-level data analysis and data management services.
- Extensive Knowledge of Tableau Server Concepts like tabcmd, tabadmin, creating users and projects
- Worked on Migration project to migrate from 7.5 V to 8.7 Version of data stage
- Highly knowledgeable in concepts related to Data Warehouses schemas, Star Schema modeling, and Snowflake modeling and processes.
- Strong knowledge of Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using Data Stage ETL Tool.
- Experience as working with various Relational Data Bases (RDBMS) as Oracle, DB2UDB, Teradata, DB2, SQL Server
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Parallel job stages (Datasets, Sequential file, Aggregator, Funnel, Filter, Look-Up, Surrogate Key, Remove Duplicate, Transformer, Column/Row Generator and Peek) and Server Job stages (Hash File, Link partitioner/collector, Sort, Aggregator and Transformer) along with Complex Flat Files and XML formats.
- Experienced in tuning and enhancing the performance of Sever and Parallel jobs.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning by analyzing and comparing the turnaround times between SQL and Tableau
- Experience in UNIX environment to work with scripts and running the jobs using commands.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills and ability to perform as part of the team by Onsite and Offshore team coordination.
ETL Tools: IBM Information Info Sphere 8.7/8.1,7x (DataStage, Metadata workbench, Business Glossary, Kalido DIW 8.5, Informatica Power Center
BI Tools: Cognos 10.1/8.0, Tableau 7x, 8x, SSRS, SSIS
Language: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Script, HTML Java Script
Database: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, DB2 Zos and UDB 8.1/7.2, SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , Teradata v2R5/v2R4
Scheduling Tools: Control M, Tivoli
Dimensional Modeling: IBM Rational Rose, Erwin 4.1/3.0/7.2/7.3
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, LINUX, AIX 5.2/5.1
Confidential, Upper Marlboro, MD
- Performed requirements gathering, analysis and source data analysis and identified business rules for the development
- Design of ETL jobs as per the technical requirement and source to target mapping.
- Actively participated in team meeting, JAD sessions and requirement gatherings.
- Extract data from source files such as Sequential files, XML files, Flat files, CSV files etc., transformed and loaded data into data marts.
- Involved in creating entity relational and dimensional data models, logical and physical data models using Data modeling tool Erwin
- Worked with Data stage Designer by using different performance stages and monitoring the logs in Director.
- Used Data stage Admin for creation of parameters with in the jobs for better performance
- Created test plans and performed the Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing for the ETL jobs.
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Created customized Calculations, Sets, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Developed various reports using best practices and different visualizations like Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables
- Work closely with Oracle apps teams and compliance team to understand their needs and creating visualization on Tableau.
- Involved in Tableau Admin activities by granting access, managing extracts and managing user groups
- Published the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Actively participated in clarification meeting with the Clients.
- Involved in the migration of old legacy jobs from old version to New version of data stage.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Involved in Onsite & Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of Deliverables.
Environment: IBM Infosphere Information server 7.5/8.7, Tableau 8.1 Oracle 10g,11g, SQL Server, Control -M, AIX, Windows XP, ERWIN, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
ETL/ BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
- Created Packages to load data from SQL Server, Excel, CSV, and XML.
- Created stored procedures which generated the necessary fact and dimension tables and functions that allowed performing necessary calculations depending upon the requirements.
- Used various SSIS Transformation tasks such as conditional split, data conversion, merge, pivot, un-pivot, sort, lookup, fuzzy lookup, aggregation and derived column.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from Database.
- Created SSIS packages using different talks and transformations and moved data from various sources to appropriate destinations.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as lookup, merge, data conversion and aggregate etc.
- Identified and defined Fact relationships. Maintained and deployed Cubes in SSAS.
- Created aggregations and user-defined hierarchies for SSAS cubes and KPIs.
- Involved in making changes to the existing SSAS cube using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups.
- Developed SSAS reporting data models, drill-down and drill-through capabilities, security / access controls, error handling and deployment of SSAS Cube.
- Designed and tuned ad-hoc, parametrized, sub, drill-down, and drill-through reports utilizing SSRS.
- Created a subscription of SSRS reports in different formats (such as PDF and Excel) to be executed automatically on a weekly or monthly basis
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports such as Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder 3.0
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions in SSRS.
- Involved in writing Query for generating drill down reports, identified and worked with the parameters to generate parameterized reports and also extensively used global variables, expressions and functions.
- Created Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to optimize the queries using Index Tuning Wizard.
- Maintained Batch logging, Error logging tables and handled errors using Event handlers.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Visual Studio 2012, Integration Services 2012 (SSIS/SSAS), SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, Reporting Services (SSRS), C#, MS office suite 2010/2012, SharePoint, JIRA, Window10/ 8, Python (3.x)
Confidential, Columbia, MD
ETL Informatica / Tableau Developer
- Responsible for requirements gathering for an enhancement requested by client. Involved in analysis and implementation for an Intranet Based Information Management Information System.
- Responsible for designing ETL strategy for both Initial and Incremental loads.
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Interacted with business community and gathered requirements based on changing needs.
- Incorporated identified factors into Informatica mappings to build the Data Mart.
- Extracted data from various source systems like Oracle, Sql Server and flat files as per the requirements.
- Used Informatica Designer to create complex mappings using different transformations like Filter, Router, Connected & Unconnected lookups, Stored Procedure, Joiner, Update Strategy, Expressions and Aggregator transformations to pipeline data to Data Mart.
- Used Informatica Workflow Manager to create, schedule, execute and monitor sessions, Work lets and workflows.
- Create Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers in Teradata Sql to implement business rules.
- Developed complex SQL queries to develop the Interfaces to extract the data in regular intervals to meet the business requirements and extensively used Teradata Utilities like M - load, F- Load, TPT, BTEQ and Fast Export.
- Responsible to tune ETL procedures and STAR schemas to optimize load and query Performance.
- Performed Unit Testing at development level, Source code migration and documentation.
- Managed users & roles for Database security, maintained system security, Control and Monitor user access to database.
- Experience in using SVN as version control for migration.
- Performed tuning of SQL queries and Stored Procedure for speedy extraction of data to resolve and troubleshoot issues in OLTP environment.
- Troubleshot long running sessions and fixing the issues related to it.
- Participated in the development of PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages to process business data in OLTP system.
- Create SQL scripts, Tables, Views in Teradata for Data Analysis and to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Post Production Validation (PPV) of the data in Data warehouse.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1(Power Center Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor), Teradata 14.10, TPT, Bteq, Fast load, Multiload, SQLA, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL Developer, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting.
BI Tableau Developer
- Performed requirements gathering, Source data analysis and identified business rules
- Prepared the technical design documents (TDD) and source to target mappings in order to meet the requirements.
- Involved in the client meetings with other associates to discuss the schedules, progress of work, requirement changes and other deliverables issues.
- Dealt with various development/debug stages like row generator to create the test data for the jobs.
- Worked with DataStage Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into target files. Performed various kinds of joins using join stage for the expected results.
- Created Job parameter sets for reusing the parameters. Dealt with XML packs for the conversion of xml format to tabular data.
- Worked with UNIX environment to execute shell scripts along with basic tasks.
- Converted business requirements by developing views and dashboards in Tableau Desktop and publish them to Tableau Server allowing end-users to control data and filter down further as desired.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Analyzed data from various databases and formatted it into graphs using Tableau Desktop.
- Created line charts to show over time in a breakdown of daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly parameter number on account creation.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit and credit limits generation by using measures and dimensions data from Database
- Developed geographic maps showcasing demographics broken into age, race, and income category
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing dashboards.
- Implemented security in reports according to employee groups and roles according to the requirement and was involved in deployment process.
- Actively participated in weekly project meetings to track the progress of work and discuss the mile stones and Onsite and Offshore Coordination along with the proactive Production Support.
Environment: IBM Infosphere Information server 8.1, DB2 ZOS, UDB, Windows Server 2008, UNIX shell scripting, AIX, Tivoli, Tableau 7x, MS VISIO, Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Extracted data from internal data warehouse (ORACLE/SQL) system to SSRS.
- Tracked trouble ticket request for request made by end users.
- Created ad-hoc reports and perform maintenance of existing reports.
- Modified SP's and formulated basic coding and scripting to be utilized for reports within the organization.
- Generated various Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Yearly, Yearly reports by different type of reports using SSRS.
- Scheduled and managed daily/weekly/monthly sales and operational reports based on the business requirements.
- Developed parameterized reports which were used for making current and future business decision Developed Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports and Matrix reports using SSRS.
- Used table variables and Common Table Expressions (CTEs). Designed and developed report with running value, interactive sorting as well as conditional formatting.
- Created sub-reports to present more detailed information about the summary.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Tableau 10, Oracle 11.2, Visual Studio 2015, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2012, MS Excel, Windows 10.
Jr. Data Analyst / SQL Developer
- Gathered and translated business requirements into detailed, production-level technical specifications, new features, and enhancements to existing technical business functionality.
- Involved in developing Conceptual Data Model and conducted controlled brainstorming sessions with project focus groups.
- Identified the Objects and relationships between the objects to develop a logical model and translated the model into physical model using Forward Engineering in ERWIN.
- Conducted logical data model walkthroughs and validation.
- Used Model Marts to understand different versions of data models existing in the system.
- Involved in dimensional modeling in identifying the Facts and Dimensions and different hierarchies.
- Used Erwin tool for relational database and dimensional data warehouse designs.
- Created entity-relationship diagrams, functional decomposition diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Worked extensively on SQL querying using Joins, Alias, Functions, Triggers and Indexes.
- Managed all indexing, debugging and query optimization techniques for performance tuning using T-SQL.
- Created documentation and test cases, worked with users for new module enhancements and testing.
- Understood existing data model and documented suspected design affecting the performance of the system.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify that data has been moved from transactional system to DSS, Data warehouse, data mart reporting system in accordance with requirements.
- Thoroughly analyzed the data and integrated different data sources to process matching functions.
- Tested the database to check field size validation, check constraints, stored procedures and cross verifying the field size defined within the application with metadata.
Environment: Erwin 7.2, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP.