- Around 7 years of IT experience in Data Warehousing and ETL process using Informatica Technology.
- An ETL expert in a wide variety of projects and skilled in analysis/design/implementation surrounding package enabled business transformation ventures.
- Strong background in Database development and strong ETL skills for Data warehousing using Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x and Oracle 12C/11G, ETL Testing, AutoSys, HP ALM, JIRA, and Production Support.
- Good understanding of ETL process, Dimension Tables, Fact Tables, Dimensional Data Modeling, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCDs), Data Marts, and other Data Warehouse Concepts.
- Superior SQL skills and ability to write and interpret complex SQL statements and also skillful in SQL optimization, code debugging and performance tuning.
- Experience in Inmon and Kimball data warehouse design and implementation methodologies.
- Strong familiarity with master data and metadata management and associated processes.
- Hands - on experience of Enterprise Repository Tools, Data Modeling Tools, Data Mapping Tools, Data Profiling Tools and Data & Information System Life Cycle methodologies.
- Experience in implementation of data profiling, documenting Data Quality metrics like Accuracy, completeness, duplication, validity, consistency.
- Expertise in ETL design, including process flow, data flow, source-to-target mappings, physical database designs, data models.
- Extensively used Informatica designer tools - Source Analyzer, Target designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet designer and Mapping designer.
- Experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) data from various data sources into Data Marts and Data Warehouse using Informatica power center components (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Informatica Administration Console).
- Designed and developed complex mappings from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Source Qualifier, Router, Sorter, Rank, Union, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Sequence Generator, Normalizer, Update Strategy etc.
- Strong Experience in developing Sessions/Tasks, Worklets and Workflows using Workflow Manager tools -Task Developer, Workflow & Worklet Designer.
- Actively involved in Performance Tuning and Trouble Shooting.
- Experience in debugging mappings, identified bugs in existing mappings by analyzing the data flow and evaluating transformations.
- Involved in the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) of a data warehouse and responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, supporting the ETL processes for data warehouse solutions/data marts and implementing the reporting requirements.
- Data Extracted from various sources like Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Teradata and Flat files.
- Analytical and Technical aptitude with ability to work in a fast paced, highly flexible environment where in-depth knowledge of technology, hard work and ingenuity are highly appreciated.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, technically competent and result-oriented with problem solving skills and ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Desire to learn new skills, technologies and adapt to new information demands.
- Developed effective working relationships with client team to understand support requirements, develop tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions and effectively manage client expectations.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/9.0/9.6.1/10.1.1
Platforms: Windows XP/7/10/Server 2008/2012/2016 , UNIX
Databases: Oracle11g/12cR1/R2, MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 , TeradataMySQL, DB2
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
Data Modeling: MS Visio, Erwin, UML
Reporting Tools: SAP BusinessObjects BI4.1
Visualization Tools: Tableau 10.3.x
Scheduling Tools: AutoSys
Tools: Toad, SQL Developer, SQL*Plus
Others: HP QC/ALM, JIRA, Putty, MS-Office Suits, Outlook, SharePoint
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Extensively working with Business Users to gather, verify and validate various business requirements.
- Participating in sprints, analyzing requirements, performing complex data modelling, designing and building technical solutions.
- Identifying various source systems, connectivity, tables to ensure data availability to start the ETL process.
- Modifying Data model for ODS and Data Mart data models.
- Correlating Business Logic and Specifications for ETL Development/ Informatica Cloud Development.
- Working with source team, support team and SMEs to analyze the source systems data.
- Utilizing advanced technologies and methods to integrate data systems and other existing platforms such as MS SharePoint and websites.
- Working extensively on Source, Target, Lookup, Expression, Sequence Generator, Router, Update strategy, Aggregator, Filter etc. transformations in Informatica.
- Designing the ETL Extract from various sources like Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, Flat files and load the data into target and also involved in creating Staging Tables in Teradata.
- Creating Complex mappings using Unconnected and Connected Lookup, Aggregator and Router transformations for populating target table in efficient manner.
- Implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions Type 1 and Type 2 for data loads.
- Creating Mappings to implement data cleansing on the source data.
- Using Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters and Session Parameters to increase the re-usability of the Mapping.
- Creating source to target mappings, edit rules and validation, transformations, and business rules. Analyzing client requirements and designing the ETL Informatica mapping.
- Scheduling and Running Workflows in Workflow Manager and monitoring sessions using Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Tuning performance of Informatica session for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length and target based commit interval.
- Validating and testing the mappings using Informatica Debugger, Session Logs and Workflow Logs.
- Creating detailed Unit test plans and performing error checking and testing of the ETL procedures using SQL queries, filtering out the missing rows into flat files at the mapping level.
- Using UNIX Commands to create access and maintain the session parameter files, data files, scripts on the server.
- Scheduling the ETLs using Autosys scheduler and also customizing ETL wrapper scripts.
- Co-ordinating offshore team to track and leverage faster development.
- Collaborating with Enterprise Availability Office (EACO), Wholesale Service Level Management, DBAs, Developers, System Admins and other Middleware Support Groups.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 10.1.1, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 12c R2, Teradata 16, Tableau 10.3.x, CSV Flat files, Erwin, AutoSys, Shell Scripting, MS SharePoint, JIRA, TOAD, Windows 7, UNIX, Putty
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and laid out the steps for the data extraction, business logic implementation & loading into targets using Informatica Power Center.
- Designed the target load process based on the requirements documents.
- Enhanced the existing mappings where in the changes are made to the existing mappings.
- Extensively worked with Informatica - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor to develop various complex mappings, mapplets, reusable transformations, session tasks and Workflows.
- Performed extraction, transformation and loading of data from different sources like Flat Files, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 in accordance with requirements and specifications.
- Created mappings and different kind of transformations like Source qualifier, Aggregators, Lookups, Filters, Sequence Generator, Stored Procedure and Update strategy.
- Created and used Reusable Transformations and Mapplets to improve maintainability of the mappings.
- Used Workflow manager to create and configure workflow and session task to load data.
- Used Workflow Monitor to create, monitor workflow in case of process failures.
- Executed sessions, sequential and concurrent batches for proper execution of mappings and sent e-mail using workflow manager.
- Recovered the failed Sessions and Batches.
- Managed Repository administration like creating folders and granting access to other users.
- Involved in testing and debugging the enhanced mappings.
- Created the ETL run book and other documents for data loading as per the requirements.
- Involved in extensive Performance Tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings and sessions.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to create parameter files, and to executing Informatica workflows.
- Created Autosys JIL scripts, Parameter files and automated ETL process by scheduling the jobs using Autosys.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1, Oracle 12c, Db2, SQL Server, Toad, Flat Files, Unix, AutoSys
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Data Warehouse/Informatica Developer
- Involved with Business Analyst team and analyzed the requirements to translate into Technical Specifications.
- Analyzed the designed dimension model and laid out the steps for the data extraction, business logic implementation & loading into targets.
- Designed the ETL processes using Informatica tool to load data from File system and Oracle into the target Oracle Database.
- Involved in identifying the sources for various dimensions and facts for different data marts according to star schema design pattern.
- Developed mappings & Mapplets to load data from various sources using standard ETL transformations to store the data in the staging area and target tables.
- Designed and developed many simple as well as Complex Mappings, from varied transformation logic using Unconnected and Connected Lookups, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator and other.
- Extensively used both Connected and Unconnected Lookup transformations.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions - Type I & II in different mappings as per the requirements.
- Developed multiple Workflows using work flow manager for initial loading, historical data loading, using sessions, worklets, commands, decisions, events and timers.
- Developed Reusable Transformations, and Reusable Mapplets.
- Implemented performance tuning logic on targets, sources, mappings, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance
- Document all ETL related work per group's methodology.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Data/Unit Testing /Integrated testing and generated various test cases.
- Worked along with UNIX team for writing UNIX shell scripts to customize the server scheduling jobs.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1, SQL Server, Oracle 12c, Toad, UNIX Shell Scripting, Flat Files, HP ALM.
Consultant Program Analyst/ETL Developer
- Gathered business and technical requirements for project.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems into target database.
- Used Teradata as a source system.
- Imported various heterogeneous files using Informatica PowerCenter 8.x Source Analyzer.
- Created mappings and Sessions and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement and then loaded into the data warehouse.
- Extracted data from the Flat Files and Relational databases into staging area.
- Developed and Optimized Mappings, Mapplets and Sessions from source to target database using Informatica PowerCenter and tuned Mappings for improving performance.
- Used various transformations effectively like Expression, Filter, Joiner, Router, Aggregator, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy etc. to create mappings in the Informatica PowerCenter Designer.
- Developed the Informatica Mappings by usage of Aggregator, SQL overrides usage in Lookups, source filter usage in Source qualifiers, and data flow management into multiple targets using Router.
- Developed slowly changing dimensions, according to the data mart schemas.
- Scheduled, Run and Monitored sessions using workflow manager and workflow monitor to update on sales and customer data.
- Prepared Technical Design documents and Test cases.
- Involved in Unit Testing and resolution of various defects came across.
- Involved in dealing with performance issues at various levels such as target, sessions, mappings and sources.
- Tested all mappings developed in PowerCenter repository and checked data transformation.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.0, Oracle 11g, Teradata, Windows XP