- Extensive hands - on experience at designing and coding data warehouse applications with a strong focus on efficiency and performance.
- Solid understanding of database design principles as well as database administration methods and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Informatica ETL best practices, administration and developing mappings with hands-on experience.
- Experienced with BI business Objects, Cognos, and IBM T M1 budget tool.
- Vast knowledge of analyzing and designing method of transforming existing data into a format for new environment and the loading of this data into other database structures.
Databases/RDBMS: Oracle 11,10 DBartisian, TOAD, SQL Developer ETL Informatica Power Center
OS: HPUX, Sun Solaris 9000, Windows server IBM BI Business Objects, COGNOS, IBM TM1 MVS Unix Shell Scripting
Senior Database developer
Confidential, Dayton, OH
- Responsible for definition and integrity of data warehouse data elements and their tieback to the originating systems.
- Analyzing and designing ETL mappings and method of transforming existing data into a format for new environment and the loading of this data into other database structures.
- Responsible for Data Quality by testing data in information systems to make sure that this data is not corrupt or inaccurate.
- Data is regularly compiled in reports and sent to upper management or presented at board meetings in order to aid in decision making.
- Worked with the DBA team and Data architects to Design, Develop and Deploy ETL processes, performance tune ETL programs/scripts. Create and execute complex Informatica mappings, transformation, sessions, tasks and workflows to extract data from various source systems and transform it according to business requirements and then load into many different data marts.
- Strong Informatica Administration experience, managing complex domain and nodes and administer security and user management using the Informatica a administrator counsel. Experience with Informatica Upgrades from Informatica 6 to 7 to 8 to 9, and installing various patches.
- Worked with BO developer and assisted with aggregating data from multiple sources in keystone data warehouse system and designing enterprise level solutions for various data m arts
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Led a team of six database engineers to develop SLA system for one of the three major products WorldCom offers (VPN -
- Virtual Private Network).
- Prime responsibility to administer, utilize, and manage 3.1 Terabyte communication status data mart. The system is to extract data from Lucent and Cisco routers and loaded into a star schema dimensional data warehouse to report on the efficiency of the communication between the different nodes for a VPN to determine if the numbers meets the SLA numbers.
- Implemented advanced features such as Partitioning, Index Organized Tables, locally managed table spaces to manage the large volume of data for effective loading and reporting.
- Extract Transformation Tool Informatica Power center, Connected five Oracle instances, three Sybase instances, XML and flat files. Created mappings and sessions to transfer and aggregate data between the different database systems.
Oracle DBA and data warehouse Developer
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Accuracy of the data and fixing bugs is of at most important, This data is analyzed and reported to High executives and department managers for decision making, and seeing dollar amounts of up to date claimsUpgraded the Claims data warehouse system from ORACLE 7.3.3 to ORACLE 8.0.5 to comply with the Y2K rules, and to implement the partitioning feature.
- Managed Oracle Objects (Tables, Indexes, Views, Procedures, Triggers, Functions) analyzing tables for optimization purposes, reorganizing indexes, managing roles, privileges, users, and security