- Around 5+ years of professional experience in Design, Development and Implementation of Data Warehousing applications, with proficiency in Making Reports, Scorecards, Dashboards using MicroStrategy 10/9/8.
- Experience in BI applications in many industrial sectors like Insurance, Banking and Retail.
- Strong experience using MicroStrategySuite (Intelligence Server, Desktop, MDX Adapter/ OLAP Provider, Web, Narrowcast Server, Visual Insight, Report Services).
- Experience with all the modules of MicroStrategy Product Suite namely MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Dashboard, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, and MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Extensive knowledge of Logical and Physical modeling along with design on SQL Server.
- Implemented proactive delivery reports and used the business intelligence solutions on the web using Micro strategy narrowcast servers.
- Extensively worked in MicroStrategy Reporting - Templates, Filters, Metrics, consolidations, Prompts, custom group, and Datamarting Reports.
- Generated reports by developing various Schema objects and Application objects in MicroStrategy platform.
- Excellent working knowledge with business units to gather requirements and to build POCs
- Worked on the development of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management.
- Involved in MicroStrategy Report Services by designing the Documents, Creating Dashboards and Scorecards.
- Designed and created Reports from multiple data sources in MicroStrategy.
- Expert in performing MicroStrategy upgrade/installation and tuning performance
- Performance Optimization, performance monitoring, configuring and tuning experience in Micro Strategy Business Intelligence tool suite (Intelligence server, Web) and in database.
- Prepared Implementation plan, best practices, document for achievements& learning from the projects.
- Expert in implementing, designing and integrating MicroStrategy products
- Data modeling experience using Dimensional Data modeling and Star & Snow Flake Schema modeling.
- Pro-active involvement in continuous performance improvements for existing OLAP systems.
- Worked extensively on MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server applications.
- Experience working with the Business Analysts and Business users in gathering and documenting user requirements. experience with data analysis, data mining, data modeling and data troubleshooting
- Experience includes implementing all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including Business Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation of Client-Server, Multi-tier, Web, Data Modeling and Data Warehousing/OLAP/Business Intelligence Applications.
- High-end database experience using Informatica, Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2005, DB2, Retek, MS Access7.0/2000, Teradata, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader.
- Strong hands on experience using Teradata utilities (B-TEQ, Fast Load, Multiload, Fast Export, Query man).
- Developed and supported Extraction, Transformation and Load process (ETL) using Informatica Power Center to populate the tables in Data warehouse.
- Used GitHub and Urban Code Deployment (UCD) for migrating the informatica code from DEV/QA to Production.
- Positive work attitude, interpersonal, and organizing skills matched with the ability to manage stress, time and people effectively.
- Expert in designing Web/Mobile Dashboards and Visual Insight.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work individually as well as in a team environment.
- Strong team player with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Achievement oriented with an ability to manage change with ease. Willing to learn and upgrade Skills.
BI Tools: MicroStrategy10.x/9.x/8.x (Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Web, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast Server, Report Services and OLAP Services), SAP Business Objects XI 3.1
Databases: Teradata 15.0,V2R4.1,Oracle12c,11g,11i, and SQL Server (2005/2008), IBM DB2, MS Access 2000 and V2R6.0, Netezza 4.0
Data Modeling: Microsoft Visio, Erwin 4.5
Supporting Tools: MS Project, SQL Navigator, TOAD, Adobe Flash, Flex, SSH Client, Reflection X, Ruby Mine
ETL Tool: Informatica
Languages: C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, UNIX shell scripting.
OS: Windows10/7/ XP/2003/2000,UNIX and Linux
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
- Interacted with the Business Analysts and Enterprise users.
- Deliver on key projects and data strategies that directly support key business drivers.
- Design and introduce new processes and solutions to drive sophisticated BI processes.
- Involved in the development of Data Models (physical/logical) using Erwin tool as KBB data and reporting requirements are completely different from the existing scenario.
- Involved in architecting the schema objects Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies.
- Designed the configuration objects Filters, Base Metrics, Derived Metrics, Templates and Reports.
- Designed and developed MicroStrategy reports , documents and Visual Insight Dashboards.
- Visual Insight - Created analysis and added visualizations using the data from existing reports and Intelligent Cubes (I-cube).
- Customized the drilling options specific to the reports using drill map editor to give access to more detailed and supplemental information.
- Customized reports using Custom Groups and Consolidations.
- Designed Compound metrics and Complex filters and Time filters.
- Developed various Prompts supporting end users to interactively choose different filtering criterion.
- Optimized query performance by updating VLDB properties at project level and report level.
- Performed optimizations using Report Data Options.
- Involved in development of interactive dashboards and scorecards for high level management.
- Extensively giving mock-ups to the Enterprise user to better understand the reporting analysis and making their life easier.
- Used MicroStrategy Web to offer interactive reporting to the end users through a web browser.
- Extensively used MicroStrategy Web to enable users to run-predefined sales and inventory reports for building their own customized reports.
- Develop reports and trained users on how to use them with Visual Insight.
- Analyzed the best way of approaching towards the reporting with minimum amount of maintenance effort, QA work and giving the flexibility to the users to pick and choose whatever data they like from different key tables.
- Involved in changing the existing Sales Organization Hierarchy, which is required to be modified as underlying data were reorganized.
- Utilized MicroStrategy Visual Insight to build compelling dashboards on the Web.
- Unit tested the reports developed by the other developers.
- Preparing Test SQL queries based on requirement in Teradata. Requirements could be in Oracle, Teradata, Unix script, etc.
- Responsible for efficient design and usage of various attribute dimensions like Customer, Product, Payment, Geographic and Time dimensions, and integrating them into reports displaying forecasting metrics.
- Responsible for designing and executing Application objects and Schema objects using MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Act as the primary interface to the architecture team and influence architectural decisions based on their platforms needs and the usage of tools to support the Business Intelligence architecture.
- Troubleshoot high level issues to identify and resolve problems caused by the database, source data, ETL, or the Business Intelligence software (common examples: nulls in data causing joins to function incorrectly; ETLs running out of sequence; MicroStrategy Objects not set up properly).
- Provide governance to the review processes and effectively communicate out project status.
- Involved in the Development of Informatica mappings and mapplets and tuned them for Optimum performance, Dependencies and Batch Design.
- Worked cooperatively with the team members to identify and resolve various issues relating to Informatica and other database related issues.
- Designing mapping templates to specify high level approach.
- Worked on Teradata data warehouse.
- Assisted the team in integrating the current project with new Enterprise analytics.
- Assisted the team in identifying the errors in the underlying data.
Environment: MicroStrategy10.x/9.x (MicroStrategy Administrator, MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, Visual Insight, MicroStrategy Object Manager, MicroStrategy Enterprise Manager, MicroStrategy OLAP Services, Toad for Oracle9.7.2, MicroStrategy Project Manager, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server), Teradata 14.0/15.0, Oracle 12c/11g, UNIX, Windows 7,Informatica Power Center10.x(Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager.)
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Involved in collecting and documenting business requirements from end clients and translating them into report specifications for the MicroStrategy platform.
- Involved in Dimensional Modeling by selecting the business process and choosing the dimensions and facts.
- Took part in full data warehousing application lifecycle starting from creating logical and physical data model.
- Identifying and modifying source tables and columns in the warehouse required creating the Micro Strategy project. Studied and modified the attributes, facts and hierarchies based on the requirement. Used MicroStrategy Desktop for creating various application objects.
- Created logical data models to recognize source tables and columns, to build MicroStrategy Schema objects including Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies and Relationships necessary to create MicroStrategy project.
- Extensively worked in developing Metrics (Dimensional metrics, Compound metrics), Filters, Custom groups and Consolidations for complex reports. Worked on Teradata.
- Used Transformations for comparative reports like claims this year to last year (year to date and month to date).
- Generated Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics and other metrics.
- Provide support to worldwide customers by helping to process Technical Support questions related to MicroStrategy Web, Office and SDK.
- Suggested SDK implementations and customization strategies to the client for their portal environment
- Working with SDK Developer and implemented customization for dashboards on WEB.
- Generated reports for the cooperation for Assets period to period.
- Tested report layouts, validated the SQL query, prompt ordering prompt defaults, security filters, export / print functionality and drilling options like simple and advanced.
- Delivered documents for Financial Analysis, Statements and Summary, Customer lifetime value and Customer loyalty.
- Developed Flash Dashboards &Scorecards in Micro Strategy 9 using Widgets and Selectors for summary level reporting.
- Managed projects through entire Systems Development Life Cycle, including creating timely thorough status reports and leading status meetings.
- Design and develop Teradata presentation layer according to users' requirements
- Added new users to groups and assigning them security privileges.
- Proactively created report formats and delivered personalized messages from the BI platform through Micro Strategy Narrowcast Server to a wide range of users.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9/9.3.1/9.2x, ERWIN 4.0, TOAD 7.0, Teradata, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6, Informatica Power Center, Oracle 11i, Java Scripts, Windows XP.
Jr. MicroStrategy Developer
- Active team member and participated in BI team meetings to discuss the user requirements and convert them into MSTR scorecard and dashboards
- Involved with off shore team for development and job responsibilities sharing.
- Created Low Level Design documents (LLD’s) and High Level Design Documents (HLD’s) as per the user requirements.
- Designed the Logical Data Model based on the Physical Data Model to design the Schema.
- Created Schema objects and public objects as per the requirement and worked on creating the views on database side when needed
- Worked with MicroStrategy Integrity Manager for testing and comparing reports with V8 to V9.
- Extensively worked in creating and integrating MicroStrategy reports and objects (Attributes, Facts, Filters, Metrics, Prompts, Templates etc)
- Created ad-hoc reports and freeform SQL reports depending on user requirement.
- Created Interactive Dashboards and Flash Analysis in MicroStrategy Desktop for display in Web.
- Extensively used OLAP services to optimize memory usage and reduce number of hits to database, hence improved performance.
- Understanding of Teradata Logical Data models.
- Proposed solutions in team meetings involving DAs, ETL and SAs for better reporting standards
- Worked extensively on Advanced Metrics, Advanced Filters, Advanced Prompts, Drill Maps etc.
- Worked with MSTR Transformation to leverage MTD and YTD metric.
- Fixed the defects created by the testing team within given time.
- Updating Object Mapping document and RLM document for future references.
- Mentoring team members and shared knowledge with them to improve team standards. Assigning work as per the skill sets of team members.
- Worked on debugging complex reports by identifying the issues and doing appropriate enhancements
- Involved in Code Optimization and Query Tuning to improve performance of the reports. Depending on scenario sometimes indexing the database tables with the help of DBA.
- Testing MSTR reports in different environments (DEV, UAT and PROD) for consistency.
- Set up report level security for different users.
- Analyzed the data warehouse data and detected the data quality issues and recommended corrective courses of action
- Involved in UAT Testing Defect resolution.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.x, Oracle 10g, MS Office, Quality Center.