- Over 8 years of IT experience in system analysis, design, development of software applications and experience in the field of ETL methodologies, business intelligence and data Warehousing principles and architectures including concepts, designs and usage of data warehouses and data mart.
- Design, develop and implement data models with quality and integrity at the top of mind to support our products
- Develop software utilizing open source technologies to interface distributed and relational data solutions.
- Directly responsible for the Extraction, Transformation & Loading of data from multiple sources into Data Warehouse
- Extensive experience with Healthcare, Energy and Media domains.
- Expertise in data analytics, source to target mapping in Enterprise and Corporate Data Warehouse environments.
- Experience in building operational data store (ODS) and Enterprise Data Warehouse with the knowledge of logical and physical Dimensional modeling concept Star/Snowflakes, Schema, fact and dimension table and proficient in identification of Facts, measures and dimensions.
- Experience in MDM and creating Transformations and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets and vice versa.
- Experience in data warehousing and data modeling techniques and procedures
- Experience in IDQ, Data Warehouse Engineer for all ETL and Data Warehouse systems and databases for VIP. Provide analysis, design, development, review, validation and code review for all Informatica and Oracle project.
- Experience in Crystal reports and in complete project life cycle including documentation, analysis, and development and testing.
- Strong understanding of Dimensional Modeling, OLAP, Star, Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables and DW concepts.
- Develop, optimize, and tune Informatica in support of application in an Oracle enterprise database environment
- Strong Data analysis to ensure accuracy and integrity of data in the context of Business functionality.
- Strong knowledge and Experience in using Informatica Power Center ETL tool, Data quality management and Data quality check methodology, Business Experience .
- Experience in XML, SOAP, Web Services, Facets, Parallelism & Partitioning, Salesforce, Informatica Data Developer, Data Integration, Data Validation and Data Modeling.
- Extensive database experience and highly skilled in SQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, B2B Data Transformation 9.0.1 , Sybase, Mainframe Files, Flat Files, MS Access.
- Skilled in SQL, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL Assistant, development of Stored procedures, Triggers, PL/SQL packages.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent & collaborative environments with Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Innovative thinking and strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle as well as Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Responsible for defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing.
- Knowledge in Full Life Cycle development of Data Warehousing.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x/9.xPower Connects and Informatica APP
OLAP/DSS Tools: Business Objects 6.0
Database Modeling: Erwin 4.0/4.1
Databases: Oracle7.x/8.x/9.x/10g/11g,SQLServer 7.0/2000/2003 , Multi - Dimensional (OLAP), SFDC, DB2.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
DB Tools: SQL* Plus, SQL* Loader, SQL*Forms
OS: MSDOS 6.1, MS: WINDOWS 95/98/XP,UNIX,LINUX
Confidential, New York City, NY
Sr. Informatica ETL Developer
- Involved in Designing and developing multi-dimensional model (Star Schema) using Erwin.
- Scheduling meetings with the business users to gather the business analysis reporting requirements.
- Using Informatica PowerCenter created mappings and mapplets to transform the data according to the business rules.
- Used various transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Lookup, sql, router, Filter, Expression and Update Strategy.
- Implemented slowly changing dimensions (SCD) for some of the Tables as per user requirement.
- Developed Stored Procedures and used them in Stored Procedure transformation for data processing and have used data migration tools.
- Developed Mappings and reusable Transformations and Mapplets.
- Extensively worked with Informatica Transformations and also Override SQL using Oracle Functions.
- Informatica Server Manager used to create database connections, sessions, and batches to run the mappings.
- Various Performance and Tuning techniques used to improve the load.
- Involved in writing of Triggers, Functions, and Packages.
- Converting from SQL/Procedures and SQL Loader scripts to Informatica mappings
- Scheduling the batches and sessions for daily loads.
- Automation of FTP process to and from source systems.
- Involved in writing Unix shell scripts and PL/SQL procedures, Pre-session and Post- Session Scripts.
- Responsible for preparing test cases and technical unit testing for the developed reports.
- Responsible for to analyze and apply new requirements to existing reports.
- Continuously monitor the accuracy of the data and the content of the delivered reports.
- Involved in Onsite & Offshore coordination.
- Responsible for to provide production support and resolve issues.
Environment: Oracle9i, Informatica Power center 9.1/9.5/10.1 , SQL loader, UNIX Shell Scripting, Toad Modeler.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Sr. Informatica ETL Developer
- Co-ordinated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Business Analysts and source developer for performing data analysis and gathering business requirements.
- Developed technical specifications of the ETL process flow
- Designed the Source - Target mappings and involved in designing the Selection Criteria document.
- Involved in analyzing different modules of facets system and EDI interfaces to understand the source system and source data.
- Used data integrator tool to support batch and for real time integration and worked on staging and integration layer.
- Worked on design and development of Informatica mappings, workflows to load data into staging area, data warehouse and data marts in SQLServer and Oracle. Interacted actively with Business Analysts and Data Modelers on Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
- Involved in populating data from flat files, XML files, oracle into SQL Server 2008 R2 database from landing to ODS (Staging) and into EDW using the common code.
- Worked closely with Facets 4.48, 4.51 and different EDI transaction file like837,834, 835, 270, 271 to understand the source structure and the source data pattern.
- Worked on different kinds of reports in facets in modules like Billing, Claims, Finance, Commission, Enrollment, Provider, Medical Plan, Utilization Management developed using Seagate Crystal Reports 6.0 as well as Crystal Reports 2011.
- Coding and developing the reports in Crystal Reports 2011 using Facets/Smart as per the requirement.
- Extracted data from Salesforce.com (SFDC),Oracle, excel, data files using Informatica ETL mappings/SQL PLSQL scripts.
- Created mappings using various Transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, Filter, Router, Joiner, Stored Procedure, Lookup, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator and Normalizer.
- Used version mapping to update the slowly changing dimensions to keep full history to the target database.
- Worked on Power Center Tools like designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor and repository manager.
- Worked closely with project management and assisted in ensuring timely and effective implementation.
- Developed the mappings, applied rules and transformation logics as per the source and target system requirements
- Worked on different environments with different source and target databases like Teradata, DB2, and SQL server.
- Developed the mapping to process multiple flat file as source and staged the data into teradata and DB2 databases.
Environment: Informatica Power center 9.1/9.5-HotFix 4, Oracle, Windows NT, SQL Assistant 6.2.1.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Informatica ETL Developer
- Development of mappings, sessions and workflows for relational, application and flat file sources and targets.
- Extensive use of various ETL transformations like Router, Filter, Joiner, Aggregator, Lookup, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Sorter and Stored procedure.
- Performance tuning for mapping and executing/scheduling workflows using workflow manager and workflow monitor.
- Worked on FACETS Data tables and created audit reports using queries. Manually loaded data in FACETS and have good knowledge on FACETS business rules.
- Did the forward and backward data mapping between the fields in mainframe and FACETS.
- Analyzed the mainframe reports for member/eligibility/claims and mapped the fields with FACETS batch jobs and reports.
- Tested the changes for the front end screens in FACETS related to following modules, test the FACETS batches ().
- Involved in Design, analysis, Implementation, Testing and support of ETL processes for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Prepared ETL standards, Naming conventions and wrote ETL flow documentation for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Created various complex mappings using different transformations such as Source Qualifier, Joiner, Aggregator, Expression, Filter, Router, Lookup, Update Strategy, and Sequence Generator etc.
- Involved in managing and reviewing Hadoop log files and uploading the final results and written queries to analyze them.
- Developed a Conceptual model using Erwin based on requirements analysis
- Designed and developed initial and incremental data loads using Informatica.
- Designed and Developed several Mapplets and worklets for reusability.
- Provided support for slowly changing dimensions in data marts.
- Responsible for working with the State to review and modify process flows to increase productivity and effectively utilize FACETS features not provided by the legacy systems.
- Implemented data profiling and quality check in Data Manager.
- Implemented audit process to ensure Data warehouse is matching with the source systems in all reporting perspectives.
- Identified performance issues in existing sources, targets and mappings by analyzing the data flow, evaluating transformations and tuned accordingly for better performance.
- Involved in Unit testing, User Acceptance testing to check whether the data loads into target are accurate, which was extracted from different source systems according to the user requirements.
- Prepared the Standard Operating Procedure (Knowledge Transfer) document, which provides necessary information, required for the Maintenance and Operation of the application.
- Provided Nightly batch loads support and implemented solutions to correct the data issues raised by end user during production support phase of the project.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5, Oracle Data Integrator 10.1.3.4.7 , Windows 7 Professional
Confidential, New York, NY
Informatica ETL Developer
- Configured Informatica Repository Manager to manage all the repositories of various applications. Created users, user groups, security access controls.
- Planned and designed the flow process of the data stored in the repository, in the form of metadata.
- Designed and constructed the Star Schema. Wrote procedures, functions in PL/SQL.
- Designed and created mappings using Mapping Designer.
- Worked extensively on performance tuning by making changes to SQL in Source Analyzer.
- Used various Informatica transformations like expressions, filters, joiners, aggregators, routers and lookups to load better and consistent data into the targets.
- Used Mapping Designer to join tables from various databases like Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2.
- Designed and developed catalogs by creating links between the Fact table and the Dimension table to form a Star Schema.
- Used TOAD to FTP file moving processes to and from source systems.
- Created scheduling of jobs in Workflow Manager to trigger tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Wrote shell scripts to join or concat target files, to delete or remove one or more such files if not needed after joining, and etc.
- Monitored the production loads and fixed them, when necessary.
- Involved in the Performance Tuning of Informatica servers and other legacy databases.
Environment: Informatica 7.1/8.6, Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, SQL Server, DB2, MS Excel, UNIX Shell Scripting, TOAD 8.5.
Informatica ETL Developer
- Solely involved in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Client Specifications, Development and Deployment of the Application.
- Developed web pages and validated these pages using ASP.NET and C#.
- ASP.NET web application and .NET components hosted in Windows 2000.
- Modified existing mappings and developed new ETL Mappings, Reusable and Non-Reusable Sessions, and Workflows using Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.
- Worked extensively with Star Schema Dimensional model, Flat Files source feeds in extraction of data from source systems.
- Worked with most of the transformations such as Source Qualifier, Expression, Router, Filter, Lookup, Sequence Generator, etc.
- Designed and developed ETL Mappings to extract data from flat files, Oracle database to load the data into Teradata database.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of Informatica (sources, targets, mappings and sessions) .
- Performed end-to-end Unit Testing of ETL mappings and created Unit Test Cases report.
- Studied the handbook of standards and documented standards for Informatica code development.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.1, Oracle 10g, Flat Files, Nexus Query Chameleon, Teradata, SQL Developer, SQL Assistant, UNIX.
Informatica ETL Developer
- Extensively involved in business requirements gathering.
- Involved in design sessions to translate user requirements to technical specs.
- Designed and developed complex Informatica mappings in conjuction with Unix scripts to load source data into Data Warehouse by applying business logic.
- Used most of the informatica provided functionalities (Transformations: Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Router, Sorter, Lkup, Stored procedure, Normalizer etc.…. other objects like Maplets, Pre-Sql, Post-Sql, Pre-Session, Post-Session) to create complex process to meet the business requirements.
- Built complex processes to load inconsistent data from flat files.
- Designed and Developed complex process for reporting on all source files received from various vendors.
- Developed complex regexp in informatica to validate email address.
- Automated existing Informatica workflows to run every day in UNIX.
- Worked extensively with Netezza procedures & SQL.
- Created and executed queries on repository to report on the Informatica objects.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1.0, DB2, Netezza 5.0/6.0, Oracle10g/11g, AIX, WinSQL Professional