- Around 6 years of strong IT experience in Requirement Analysis, Architecture, Design, Development and enhancement projects of Enterprise Data warehouse systems using Ab Initio ETL tool, Express > IT, Conduct>IT, Acquire>It, Control Center and SQL Server Management Studio for database development.
- Extensive experience in Supporting and maintaining existing processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of application.
- Experience in working with the business analysts, enterprise architects and subject matter experts to understand requirements/business problems to devise and propose the technical solution.
- Designed and developed complex mappings to move data from multiple sources into a common target area such as Data Marts and Data Warehouse using lookups, Reformat, Rollup, Filter by Expression, Normalize, Scan, Join, Dedup, and other transformation logics in AbInitio.
- Exposure in overall SDLC including requirement gathering, data modeling, development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation, production support.
- Experience in Task Automation using UNIX Scripts, Job scheduling and Communicating with Server. Extensively used Autosys for Job monitoring and scheduling.
- Extensively used Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) technique in financial application. Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis, E - R modeling, developing Dimensional Models using Star schema and Snowflake schema techniques used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modeling.
- Having strong hands on experience in extraction of the data from various source systems ranging from SQL Server, Oracle and Flat Files. to into the data warehouse tables by using Ab Initio ETL tool.
- Extensive experience in writing Stored procedures, Generic functions and views.
- Experienced implementing projects both in waterfall model and agile methodology.
- Excellent problem solving, logical, analytical, organizational skills, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with senior level managers, business people and developers across multiple disciplines.
- Received “One Surpass ” and two "Spot s" for exceptional performance in the Project Development.
Tools: Ab Initio GDE 3.3.4(Proficient), Express>IT (Proficient), Conduct>IT, BRE, DQE, ACEControl Center, Microsoft Visio, SQL Server Management Studio, JIRA
Databases: MS SQL Server 2014, 2012 Oracle 10g
Languages: UNIX Shell Script SQL, C#, Windows PowerShell
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior ETL Developer
Technology: Ab Initio GDE 3.3.4, Express>IT, Conduct>IT, ACE, BRE, DQE, SQL Server 2014, AutoSys, JIRA, UNIX Shell Scripts
- Working with the business team, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and technical analysts to plan and gather the requirements/changes for the Standard Simple Initial Margin Model (CORSSIMM) project and various modules involved in it within strict deadlines.
- Keeping track of the project implementation & execution by following agile framework for processes which involves attending daily scrum calls to update status of tasks carried on a daily basis and using tools such as JIRA for task tracking.
- Implementing the requirements by making use of ETL tool bundle from AbInitio, which involves using different tools like GDE, BRE, ACE, Express>It, Conduct>It, Control Center, Acquire>It, TRMC etc.
- Involved in implementing the database design and architecture of the project, to create DDL scripts to create the required database objects in DEV environment that are needed for the development activities to begin (This is done by writing DDL, DML, DCL statements, Sequences, Triggers, Cursors and Generic Stored Procedures using SQL and PL/SQL on the database)
- Using Shell Scripts/Perl Scripts to automate the daily activities in the project.
- Code review & Optimization of Ab Initio graphs. This also involves converting existing standalone graphs to generic graphs so that they can be reused.
- Creating unit test case scenarios and preparation of unit Test cases.
- Providing support for job runs in SIT, UAT and PROD environments.
- Publish the development status reports to business/ client and create build plans.
- Working with Client’s technical support team for troubleshooting, analyzing, and fixing critical and high severity defects found in Production, UAT, and SIT environments. Ensuring timely resolution of critical and blocker defects and/or make feasible recommendation for possible workarounds in order to minimize the business impact for the customers.
- Tested and performed scheduling of graphs/plans using Autosys scheduler which also involves monitoring of jobs through Ab Initio Control Center.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior ETL Developer
Technology: Ab Initio GDE 22.214.171.124, Express>IT, Conduct>IT, ACE, BRE, DQE, SQL Server 2012, AutoSys, JIRA, UNIX Shell Scripts
- Analyze technical stories of the sprint and gather all the required information.
- Based on the requirements, creating the Technical/Functional Design documents (TDD/FDD’s) for various modules involved in the project.
- Develop ETL codes to achieve the data extraction, data transformation and data loading as per the business requirement, unit test the ETL codes and automate the entire process flow scheduling them as per the business requirement and implement dependencies as required by business using scheduling tool AutoSys.
- Developed various critical modules for the project like System Logging framework, generic business rules processing framework etc.
- Creation of Unit test cases and Test scripts by using SQL Server management studio.
- Decoding for existing Stored Procedures in SQL Server and converting it into AbInitio code making using of various transformation components.
- Provided support for job runs in SIT, UAT and PROD environments.
- Create, test and perform scheduling of graphs/plans using Autosys scheduler.
- Monitoring of jobs through Ab Initio Control Center.
- Provided real time & in-person demonstration of the developed product to the project stake holders and collected their feedback for final deployment of the product as required for the Business.
- Worked on resolving any/all post deployment issues and technology related queries on the product.
- Involved in providing the Knowledge Transfer sessions to the team members and creating user operations guidelines and manuals.
- Involved in deconstruction of the JAVA code and in accordance to that creating our AbInitio graphs to achieve that functionality.
- Analyzed the Functional requirements documents and created high level design for the ETL logic in MS Visio diagrams.
- Involved in preparing ETL Design document in Microsoft Visio and Mapping documents in Excel.
- Involved in understanding input/output tables, necessary staging tables and file creations, lookups, and business rules in creating documentation.
- Involved in identifying the data inputs from various source systems depending upon the business requirement.
- Extracting data from sources like MS SQL Server, flat files and transforming them using business logic and loading the data to the business tables.
- Designed and build multiple AbInitio graphs using different components.
- Performed Unit, Assembly and Integrated Testing before moving the code to Quality Assurance
Environment: Ab Initio, Express>IT, ACE, BRE, DQE, SQL Server 2012, AutoSys
- Worked with Data Modelers and Business Analysts and participated in Modeling Sessions in designing and finalizing the models required for the application.
- Designing and building generic AbInitio graphs and plans.
- Interpreted the business requirements and Compiled the source to target mappings into documents
- Developed Technical Design documents and conducted review meetings.
- Worked as Production Support, addressed and resolved the issues immediately
- Worked on tasks like performance optimization and cleaning up of unwanted resources.
Environment: Ab Initio, Express>IT, ACE, BRE, DQE, SQL Server 2008 R2, AutoSys, JIRA, Unix Shell Script