- 5 Plus Years of specialized IT experience in building Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Operational data stores in major industry sectors using Informatica Power Center 10.x, 9.x, 8.x.
- Strong Focus on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with design, concept, architecture, planning, modeling, coding, development, testing, implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, OLAP, BI.
- Expertise in working with relational databases such as Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, Teradata 15/14/13/12, SQL Server 2008/2015/2017, DB2, My Sql, Sybase.
- Strong experience working with Business Analyst & Modelers to understand the requirements, Model.
- Designed and developed complex mappings to move data from multiple sources into a common target area such as Data Marts and Data Warehouse using lookups, Source Qualifier, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Normalizer, Sequence Generator, and Update Strategy from varied transformation logics in Informatica as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Strong experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse environment with Informatica & Teradata combination and extensive work with Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCDs).
- Hands on experience with Teradata utilities like BTEQ, Fast Export, Fast Load, and Multi Load to export and load data to/from different source systems including flat files.
- Extensive experience in writing UNIX shell scripts and automation of the ETL processes using UNIX shell scripting. Worked with PMCMD to interact with Informatica Server from command mode.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Understanding E - R modeling and Dimensional Models using Star schema and Snowflake schema techniques, Identifying Facts and Dimensions.
- Good communication skills with ability to work as Team player. Ability to work in groups as well as independently with minimum supervision.
- Expert Agile & Waterfall methodology also expert in using Agile tools like Rally & Jira.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2/ 9.6.1/9.5.1 /8.6.1
Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow - flake Schema Modeling, E-R Modeling, Microsoft Visio.
RDBMS: Oracle12c/11g/10g/9i, Teradata 15/14/13/12, DB2, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, DB2,MySQL, Sybase
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Business Objects
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix & Linux
Languages: XML, UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer / Teradata Developer
- Involved in designing the process for getting the data from all systems to Data Warehousing system.
- Performed major role in understanding the business requirements and designing and loading data into data warehouse ( ETL).
- Imported various Application Sources, created Targets and Transformations using Informatica Power Center Designer (Source Analyzer, Warehouse developer, Transformation developer, Mapplet Designer, and Mapping Designer).
- Collection of data source information from all the legacy systems and existing data stores.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading from source systems to ODS.
- Developed complex mappings using multiple sources and targets in different databases, flat files and loading them in to Teradata.
- Used various transformations like Unconnected /Connected Lookup, Aggregator, Expression Joiner, Sequence Generator, Router etc.
- Responsible in the development of Informatica mappings and also tuned for better performance.
- Developed and scheduled Workflows using Task developer, Worklet Designer, and Workflow Designer in Workflow manager and monitored the results in Workflow monitor.
- Extensively used Dynamic lookup to implement the type 2 changes.
- Implemented various loads like Daily Loads, Weekly Loads, and Quarterly Loads using Incremental Loading Strategy using the concepts of Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Utilized BTEQ, MLoad and FastLoad utility of the Teradata to load data in the Teradata Enterprise Data warehouse (EDW ).
- Experienced and involved in doing Performance tuning for BTEQ and Teradata queries.
- Used PMCMD commands of Informatica in UNIX scripts to schedule workflows and jobs.
- Used Maestro to schedule jobs.
- Performed unit testing & Integration testing
- Involved in code migration activities and deployments.
- Implemented organization level Informatica best Standards & Procedures.
- Involved in solving various trouble tickets raised by Business users as part of application support team.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.2/9.6.1, Oracle 12c/11g, DB2, Teradata 15/14, Sql Assistant, Toad, Erwin, Business Object, Unix, Windows.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer
- Developed internal and external Interfaces to send the data in regular intervals to Data warehouse systems.
- Extensively used Power Center to design multiple Mappings with embedded business logic.
- Involved in discussion of user and business requirements with business team.
- Performed Data Migration in different sites on regular basis.
- Involved in upgrade of Informatica from 9.1 to 9.5.
- Created complex mappings using Unconnected Lookup, Sorter, and Aggregator and Router transformations for populating target tables in efficient manner.
- Attended the meetings with business integrators to discuss in-depth analysis of design level issues.
- Involved in data design and modeling by specifying the physical infrastructure, system study, design, and development.
- Extensively involved in performance tuning of the Informatica ETL mappings by using the caches and overriding the SQL queries and also by using Parameter files.
- Developed complex SQL queries to develop the Interfaces to extract the data in regular intervals to meet the business requirements and extensively used Teradata Utilities like M - load, F- Load, TPT, BTEQ and Fast Export.
- Analyzed Session Log files in session failures to resolve errors in mapping or session configuration.
- Written various UNIX shell Scripts for scheduling various data cleansing scripts, loading process and automating the execution of maps.
- Created transformations like Expression, Lookup, Joiner, Rank, Update Strategy and Source Qualifier Transformation using the Informatica designer.
- Created Mapplets and used them in different mappings.
- Worked on Flat Files and XML, DB2, Oracle as sources.
- Written PL/SQL Procedures and functions and involved in Change Data Capture (CDC) ETL process.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension Type II for different Dimensions.
- Involved in Informatica, Teradata and oracle upgrade process and testing the environment while up gradation.
- Worked with Informatica version Control excessively.
- Experience in using SVN as version control for migration.
- Written Unit test scripts to test the developed interfaces.
- Managed enhancements and coordinated with every release with in Informatica objects.
- Provided support for the production department in handling the data warehouse.
- Worked under Agile methodology and used Rally tool one to track the tasks.
- Written thorough design docs, unit test documentation, Installation and configuration guide documents.
- Performed bulk data imports and created Stored procedures, Functions, Views and Queries.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1/9.5.1, Teradata 14/12, Oracle 10g, DB2, XML, Flat Files, Sql Assistant, Toad, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripting, Cognos, SVN, Windows 7.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Informatica ETL Developer
- Involved in Requirement analysis in support of Data Warehousing efforts.
- Maintain Data Flow Diagrams (DFD’s) and ETL Technical Specs or lower level design documents for all the source applications.
- Worked with source databases like Oracle, SAP R/3 SQL Server and Flat Files.
- Extensively worked with various Active transformations like Filter, Sorter, Aggregator, Router and Joiner transformations.
- Extensively worked with various Passive transformations like Expression, Lookup, Sequence Generator, Mapplet Input and Mapplet Output transformations.
- Created complex mappings using Unconnected and Connected lookup Transformations.
- Implemented Slowly changing dimension Type 1 and Type 2 for Change Data Capture.
- Worked with various look up cache like Dynamic Cache, Static Cache, Persistent Cache, Re Cache from database and Shared Cache.
- Responsible for definition, development and testing of processes/programs necessary to extract data from client's operational databases, transform, cleanse data and load it into data marts.
- Worked with various Informatica PowerCenter objects like Mappings, transformations, Mapplet, Workflows and Session Tasks.
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the ETL process at source level, target level, mapping level and session level.
- Worked extensively with Update Strategy transformation for implementing Inserts and Updates.
- Extensively used the tasks like email task to deliver the generated reports to the mailboxes and command tasks to write post session and pre session commands.
- Extensively used Debugger to test the logic implemented in the mappings.
- Performed error handing using session logs.
- Tuned performance of Informatica session for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size and target based commit interval.
- As per business we implemented Auditing and Balancing on the transactional sources so that every record read is either captured in the maintenance tables or wrote to Target tables.
- Auditing is captured in the audit table and EOD snapshot of daily entry is sent to the distributed list to analyze if anything is abnormal.
- Monitored workflows and session using PowerCenter Workflow Monitor.
- Used Informatica Scheduler for scheduling the workflows.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1, Oracle, Sql Server, SQL, PL/SQL, SAP R/3, Cognos, Unix and windows XP.
Jr. Informatica ETL Developer
- Translated business requirements into data warehouse design.
- Involved in understanding logical and physical enterprise data warehouse schemas.
- Used Star Schema approach for designing of Data Warehouse.
- Integrated different systems using Informatica server configuration. Extracted data from Flat files, Oracle, SQL Server, MS-Access and Loaded data into Oracle using Informatica.
- Created Source definitions, Target definitions, Mappings, Transformations, Reusable Transformations, Mapplet using Informatica Designer tool which includes Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapping Designer and Mapplet Designer.
- Created sessions, database connections and batches, Scheduled and monitored transformation processes using Informatica Server Manager.
- Used Informatica repository manager to backup and migrate metadata in development, test and production systems.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1/9.1.1, PL/SQL, Oracle, Sql Server, Cognos, Unix, Windows.