- Around 4 years of extensive experience in Data migration and expertise in use of Informatica Power Center.
- Designed and developed Complex mappings from various Transformations like re - usable transformations, and Mappings/Mapplets, Unconnected / Connected lookups, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy and more, mappings using Stored Procedure’s, Normalizer.
- Involved in designing and implementing Data Mart / Data Warehouse applications using Informatica 9.x/10.x (Designer, Workflow manager, Workflow monitor and Repository Manager).
- Good knowledge on SDLC (software development life cycle) and good experience with unit testing and integration testing.
- Experience in Performance tuning of targets, sources, mappings and sessions.
- Experience in using SQL, PL/SQL, Dynamic SQL, Stored procedures/functions, and Packages, Complex Joins, Correlated Sub-Queries, Aggregate functions, Analytic functions, Views, Materialized Views, Indexing, Partitioning and Performance tuning the same using explain plan.
- Experience in data extraction from Mainframe server from DB2 database and VSAM files using Informatica Power Exchange.
- Experienced in creating registration groups in Informatica Power Exchange and extracting the data from DB2 for CDC implementation.
- ETL experience in development of mappings and tuned existing mappings for better performance using Informatica Power Exchange, Informatica Power Center as per the business rules.
- SQL Tuning and creation of indexes for faster database access, better query performance in Informatica by creating Explain Plan, SQL hints for query and indexing the required columns.
- Expertise in writing DDL, DML, DCL, and TCL commands.
- Ability to achieve project goals within project constraints such as scope, timing and budget. Allocating work and managing the resource planning. Day to day monitoring of the deliverable and meeting the expectations of the business clients.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to learn quickly, good analytical reasoning and high compliance to new technologies and tools.
Primary Skills: Informatica Power Center 9.x, 10.x, Informatica Power Exchange 10.x, Oracle Insurance Policy Administration.
Domain: Retail, Insurance
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2007, 2010, Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2012
Database: MS SQL Server 2017/2014, Oracle 11g/10g/9i,12c, DB2, PL/SQL
CHRONOLOGICAL SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Environment: Oracle 12c, Windows 10
Tools: Informatica PowerCenter10.1, Rules palette v11, OIPA, Putty, Toad, ServiceNow, Quality Center 12, RTC, SOAPUI.
- Configuring OIPA(Oracle Insurance Policy Administration) v10.2 tool, using XML,SQL in Oracle, that acts as back-end to the insurance product being developed.
- Configuration and testing of web-based policy administration systems using XML languages.
- Implemented Functions and PL/SQL Stored procedures in order to improve the performance of application.
- Product Configuration and integration in life cycle of life insurance and annuity products as part of Feature Implementation in OIPA based on technical design document.
- Establishing communication between third party systems and OIPA through SOAP UI Web service calls.
- Configuring XML codes for various life insurance products, fixing defects and providing delivery with respect to the Oracle Coding Standards.
- For universal life defects fixes, analyzing the root causes, deciding on the appropriate fixes.
- Key Integrator to change the handshaking XSLT and XML codes in OIPA along with database updates.
- Regularly maintained defect logs and provided status to the client regarding the progress on the issue in Management tool(HP Quality Centre) provided by company.
- Installed OIPA and OIRP instances in Weblogic application server and maintenance of the servers.
Confidential, Plymouth, MN
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2016, DB2, Oracle, Windows 2012 R2 SP1, Windows 10
Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.x
- Requirements gathering through table level and column level mappings and knowing client’s data element fields and their data structures.
- Writing the transformation rules based on the column level mapping discussions.
- Development of transformation rules as per the column level mapping document using various transformation techniques in Informatica.
- Good experience in writing various complex SQL queries using joins at the Informatica Source qualifier level to increase the performance of huge data set mappings.
- Expert in using various transformations like Joiner, Aggregator, Expression, Router, Look up, Union in Informatica.
- Designed and developed the mapping which generates the parameter file dynamically.
- Experience in performance tuning of Informatica mappings at both session and workflow level.
- Experience in creating the incremental load mappings to capture the change data in the target tables.
- Involved in data cleansing to see that accurate data is being loaded in the target.
- Data validation by wring the SQL queries after the data has been converted into target tables.
- Data scrambling and encryption of identified PII columns in the data base to ensure the data Security.
- Identifying and resolving the defects raised by the clients during UAT.
Confidential, New York, NY
Environment: MS SQL Server, Oracle 11g/10g, and LOTUS NOTES
Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.0/ 9.1/ 9.5
- Worked and coordinated with Data Architects, Business Analysts & users to understand business and functional needs and implement the same into an ETL design document.
- Worked on Source Analyzer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformations, Informatica Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Develop mappings transformations like Filter, Joiner, Sequence Generator and Aggregator and perform query overrides in Lookup transformation as and when required to improve the performance of the mappings.
- Understanding the data structure and load the data into each client’s region every week after the application build releases.
- Data cleansing of any unstructured data.
- Writing several complex sql queries which will be used for validation purposes which helps in client’s UAT testing.
- Performance tuning of Informatica mappings at mapping, session and workflow level.
- Experienced in using several re-usable mapplets.
- Scheduling the weekly jobs and monitoring of the jobs at the session and workflow level.
- Used Error handling strategy for trapping errors in a mapping and sending errors to an error table.
- Fixing the defects/bugs raised by client’s UAT testers.
- Experience in production support and Front-end application support to the users.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Oracle 11g/10g
Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.0/ 9.1/ 9.5
- Requirement gathering and then develop and design ETL solutions as required.
- Understanding the requirement and Data model to develop the mappings accordingly.
- Creating High Level Design and Low Level Design documents.
- Designed and Developed Informatica Mappings from Scratch to Load the Data from Source System to Staging system and Warehouse System.
- Developed many complex Full/Incremental Informatica Objects (Workflows / Sessions, Mappings/ Mapplets) with various transformations.
- Writing ETL codes, SQL queries to check the desired results.
- Delivering the code on time as per schedule.
- Provided technical leadership to the team in order to produce system designs for the framework and code that are scalable, robust, reusable and flexible.
- Involved with the Data Modelling team and provided suggestions in creating the data model.
- Provide inputs to Project Manager for project planning, providing robust estimates for development tasks.