- Around 10 plus years of experience in providing IT Solutions for the clients in the Banking domain in the US & South Africa region which includes 6 years of onsite experience in US.
- Working as an ETL Developer for past 8 years with strong technical expertise in Ab Initio including designing, developing, implementing Ab Initio graphs.
- Working in US as an onsite co - ordinator and developer for around six years
- Interaction with client to discuss the business requirements & distributing task among team members and acting as a mentor to the offshore team.
- Attended business meetings with clients to get the requirements and accomplished the tasks as per the Business requirements.
- Experience in Data Modelling, Data Extraction, Data Migration, Data Integration, and Data Testing using Ab Initio.
- Well versed with various Ab Initio parallelism techniques and implemented Ab Initio Graphs using Component, pipeline parallelism etc.
- Clear understanding of various component groups such as Sort, Reformat, Join, Rollup, Normalize, Partitioning and Departitioning components(merge, interleave, gather), Dedup sort, Scan, Validate, FTP etc.
- Experience in Dynamic Script Generation features namely Parameter Definition Language (PDL) for designing Ab Initio graphs. Have used various XML components in Ab Initio while dealing with Business-to-Business users.
- Have created a complete framework using Ab Initio Conduct>IT that consists of Ab Initio graphs, custom scripts, and made the systems to run as expected and recoverably.
- Expertise in preparing code documentation in support of application development, including High level and detailed design documents, unit test specifications, etc.
- Developed various UNIX shell scripts to run Ab Initio and Data base jobs. Experience in developing stored procedures, triggers, functions using Oracle, PL/SQL.
- Able to interact effectively with other members of the Business, Users and other teams involved with the System Development Life cycle.
- Dealt and interacted with teams and accomplished the tasks as per the Business requirements
- Exhibited Leadership skills by handling team lead responsibilities and mentoring team mates.
- Good verbal, presentation and communication skills, strong skills at solving problems and searching for solutions that lead and motivate the team to deliver the best, desire towards gaining new skills ability to work within deadlines
ETL: Ab initio(GDE: 188.8.131.52, Co>Operating System:3.2)
DATABASE: DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, PL/SQL
Languages: Unix Shell scripting, Perl, Syncsort, C,C++
OPERATING SYSTEMs: Windows, UNIX
JOB SCHEDULING TOOL: Control-M, Autosys
METHODOLOGIES: OOPS, ETL
Data MODELLING: Microsoft Visio
Domain: Banking, Financial services and Capital Marketing
Confidential, New Port, NJ
Ab Initio Developer
Technologies: Ab initio (ETL tool)
- Responsible for interacting with the business analyst and client representatives to develop technical specifications that meet documented business requirements
- Creating functional requirement documents & unit test plans. Actively working on SQL, and database optimization
- Taking responsibility for transforming the application design into a working application using Ab Initio graphs and generally performs unit testing of their work.
- Using SQL and automated tools for obtaining answers to Client specific business questions from the database and for providing the ad hoc interface to the system. Using Ab Initio suite (including EME, etc.) able to build highly performant, scalable platforms with optimization of data structures and tuning of Ab Initio queries and SQL
- Demonstrating expertise in Extract Transform Load (ETL), design and documentation of data movement schemes, mapping between applications, building security master type systems/components and/or in sourcing in data from external market data providers
- Provide day to day assistance to project team members as it relates to project work along with providing status reports as required to the project lead or manager.
- Write graphs that sources data from various sources like flat files, database tables
- Hands on Unit testing and integration testing. Worked on the system testing, functional testing, Regression testing, and usability testing
- Have demonstrated the ability to transfer knowledge to junior team members and advise other developers on performance techniques and demonstrated excellent leadership skills
- Actively participated in Code Review
- Ensuring smooth movement of code till production by releasing the code using uDeploy, validating data in UAT.
Ab Initio Developer
Technologies: Ab initio (ETL tool)
- Writing Business Requirement Specification, Functional and technical specification
- Design of Low Level (LLD) and strategic documents & creating test plan
- Involved in Development, Testing, and Migration of ETL process for a business requirement and provide the high-level solution for extracting, transforming and loading data between the legacy systems and the staging area for Exergy
- Developed Ab initio Graphs to load data from legacy applications into the staging area.
- Extracted data from Legacy Systems (Cobol copy books,db2 database tables & sql server tables, flat files,xml) transformed into business common format & loading the data into the database( sql server database tables).
- Creating the interfaces for systems like electronic payment systems, callcentres, SMS & letters which were sent after interacting with legacy systems will now interact with the new systems & converting the respective data into XML data using XML components in Ab initio.
- Actively participated in Code Review and Performing unit testing
- Generated PSET’s for graphs using PDL that encapsulates the transformation logic
- Creating schedule jobs(plans) in Conduct>IT
- Creating status reports which were sent to the clients & managers.
- Maintaining a query log which is used to track all the queries asked & the corresponding answers received from the clients & maintaining inventory documents.
- Assigning tasks and mentoring team members at offshore
- Interacting with onsite team & the client
- Quality related activities like Software Configuration Management, Defect Prevention and SDLC documentation
Ab Initio Developer
Technologies: UNIX, Ab initio (ETL tool)
- Creating Ab initio graphs for Extracting, Transforming and Loading data in the DB2 tables.
- Performed analysis, designed and prepared functional, technical design document, and code specifications.
- Preparing test cases as part of the design.
- Developed Ab Initio XFR’s to derive new fields and solve various business requirements
- Used the sub graphs to increase the clarity of graph and to impose reusable business restrictions
- Based on business requirements, developed number of Ab Initio Graphs using various Components such as Partition by round robin, filter by expression, reformat, redefine format, rollup, join, scan, gather, replicate etc.
- Worked on improving the performance of Ab Initio graphs by using various Ab Initio performance technique’s like using lookups instead of Join’s, in-Memory Joins and rollup’s to speed up various Ab Initio Graphs.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to automate and check pointing on the batch jobs
- Created Control-M jobs to automate and monitor the developed jobs.
- Carrying out Unit testing and System testing.
- Performed Code Review & used debuggers like GDE-Watchers, breakpoints etc
- Mentoring new team members.
- Involved in quality assurance & bug fixing
Technologies: UNIX, Shell scripting, Perl scripting, Sync sort & Ab initio
- Creating Jobs using Unix shell script, Perl scripts, sync sorts & Ab initio
- Hands on unit testing of the code
- Involved in peer review & debugging of code
- Handling the jobs scheduling with the help of Control-M tool for the code movement into production for automation
- Had demonstrated in-depth knowledge of backup and performance management, writing and managing scripts run in UNIX environments
- Had been responsible for creating Sync sorts & PERL scripts to process large files
- Responsible for interacting with Clients & end users
- Worked extensively to create, schedule, and monitor the jobs and to send the notification messages to the concerned personnel in case of process failures.
- Performing impact analysis before any new change request.
- Carrying out unit testing & Code Review.
- Involved in Bug fixing.
- 24*7 production support includes monitoring batch jobs, investigating and resolving the problems within the SLA.
- Had provided day to day assistance to project team members as it relates to project work along with providing status reports as required to the project lead or manager.
- In charge of the defect tracking & mitigating activities