- 10+ years of IT experience in Analysis, Administration, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing and Support of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Solutions using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Having experience on Informatica Installation, upgradation and configuring the different application services like Repository, Integration, MRS, DIS, Webservices - Hub, SAP-BW services and so on
- SME in building the Informatica environments right from scratch in windows/Linux, Unix environments.
- Solid experience in installing and configuring Informatica Big Data Management in Hadoop cluster environment.
- Solid experience in designing, building Informatica environments in Informatica Grid environments.
- 7 years of experience in using Informatica PowerCenter (9.1.0/8.6.1 )
- Proficiency in developing SQL with various relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Knowledge in Full Life Cycle development of Data Warehousing.
- Have extensively worked in developing ETL program for supporting Data Extraction, transformations and loading using Informatica Power Center.
- Experience with dimensional modeling using star schema and snowflake models.
- Understand the business rules completely based on High Level document specifications and implements the data transformation methodologies.
- Strong with relational database design concepts.
- Extensively worked with Informatica performance tuning involving source level, target level and map level bottlenecks.
- Independently perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and solution development.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks, decisive with strong leadership qualities, flexible in work schedules and possess good communication skills.
- Team player, Motivated, able to grasp things quickly with analytical and problem solvingskills.
- Experience in all phases of Data warehouse development from requirements gathering for the data warehouse to develop the code, Unit Testing and Documenting.
- Extensive experience in writing UNIX shell scripts and automation of the ETL processes using UNIX shell scripting.
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Expertise in Informatica MDM installations and configurations and MDM Hub Administration.
- Strong experience in configuring and Customizing Informatica Data Director (IDD).
- Solid experience in PWX power Exchange (Change Data Capture) product installations and configurations.
- Solid experience as Informatica admin in B2B Data Transformation (Unstructured data) configurations in all informatica servers.
- Extensive experience in providing Business Intelligence solutions Decision Support Systems Business objects and Tableau.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites for the external mainframe files.
- Production Support has been done to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Developed Oracle PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions.
- Comprehensive technical, oral, written and communicational skills
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/, SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , DB2 10.1/9.7 FP1, Teradata
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.1/9.6.1/9.1/8. x, Power Exchange/Power Connect, Data Analyst, Metadata Manager, IDQ, Informatica MDM HUB 9.1/ 9.7/10.2 , Business Glossary.
Operating System : Unix-AIX/Linux/Solaris, Windows NT/2000/XP/7/8.
Languages : SQL,PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
Modeling Tools: ER Studio, Erwin 4.1, MS Visio.
Dimensional Data Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension Tables, Logical and Physical Data Modeling.
Job Scheduling Tools: Opcon,Ca7 Mainframe, ControlM
Other Tools : SQLPlus, Toad, AutoSys, Redwood, SQL developer, SQL Management Studio, Microsoft Visio.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Sr ETL Informatica Admin/Developer
- Used Informatica Power Center for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems into target database.
- Created mappings using Designer and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement.
- Involved in extracting the data from the Flat Files and Relational databases into staging area.
- Mappings, Sessions, Workflows from Development to Test and then to UAT environment.
- Installed Informatica 9.x and configured in GRID.
- Upgraded Informatica from 9.5 to 9.5.1 and from 9.5.1 to 9.6.1
- Installation and configuration of Power centre Repository service, Integration service.
- Installed and configured B2B data Exchange, IDQ and power centre integration.
- Developed Informatica Mappings and Reusable Transformations to facilitate timely Loading of Data of a star schema.
- Developed the Informatica Mappings by usage of Aggregator, SQL overrides usage in Lookups, source filter usage in Source qualifiers, and data flow management into multiple targets using Router.
- Created Sessions and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement and loading into data warehouse.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Router and Aggregator to create robust mappings in the Informatica Power Center Designer.
- Imported various heterogeneous files using Informatica Power Center Source Analyzer.
- Developed several reusable transformations and mapplets that were used in other mappings.
- Prepared Technical Design documents and Test cases.
- Involved in Unit Testing and Resolution of various Bottlenecks came across.
- Implemented various Performance Tuning techniques.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Reviewed and analyzed functional requirements, mapping documents, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Performed unit testing at various levels of the ETL and actively involved in team code reviews.
- Identified problems in existing production data and developed one time scripts to correct them.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
- Used Session parameters, Mapping variable/parameters and created Parameter files for imparting flexible runs of workflows based on changing variable values.
- Worked with Static, Dynamic and Persistent Cache in lookup transformation for better throughput of Sessions.
- Worked on Migration and upgradation of various Informatica Platforms including Informatica Cloud (ICS to IICS version)
- Provide support to Developers for all components of the Informatica BI Tool Suite (PowerCenter, Cloud, TDM, PMPC, Metadata Manager)
- Perform administration of the Informatica Platform; including incident management and resolution and 24x7 on-call rotation
- Establish best practices, processes and focus on continuous improvement
- Perform Informatica capacity planning and management
- Generate written documentation for work performed
Environment: Informatica 9.1.0 , Oracle 11g, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Informatica Power Connect / Power Exchange, PL/SQL.CA7(Scheduling tool)
Confidential, Peoria, IL
Sr ETL Informatica Admin/Developer
- Interacted with the Business and Data Modelers and all other stakeholders to get a better understanding of the Business Processes and Gathered Business Requirements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining ETL jobs, including ETL implementation and enhancements, testing and quality assurance, troubleshooting issues and ETL/Query performance tuning
- Configured Users/Groups from Informatica domain configuration.
- Involved in creation of folders/user permissions and folder groups for power centre.
- Done LDAP configuration and synced users from the external active directory.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings, Reusable Sessions, Worklets, Workflows, Dynamic Parameter files
- Extensively used Informatica Transformation like Source Qualifier, Rank, SQL, Router, Filter, Lookup, Joiner, Aggregator, Normalizer, Sorter etc. and all transformation properties.
- Prepared Technical Specification Document.
- Prepared Source to Target ETL mapping Documents
- Identified the bottlenecks in the sources, targets, mappings, sessions and resolved the problems
- Worked on Business Critical solutions and Implemented SCD TYPE I & II to store historical data in Warehouse.
- Worked on Power Center Tools like designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor and repository manager.
- Created complex mappings in Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, and Sequence
- Developed mappings using Informatica Power Center Transformations - Lookup (Unconnected, Connected), Filter, Expression, Router, Joiner, Update Strategy, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter, and Sequence Generator.
- Relational Data Modeling, ER Diagrams (forward & reverse engineering), dimensional modeling, OLAP multidimensional Cube design & analysis, define slowly changing dimensions and surrogate key management.
- Worked with the testing team to resolve bugs related to day one ETL mappings before production.
- Maintained ETL release document for every release and migrated the code into higher environments through deployment groups.
- Attended daily status call with internal team and weekly calls with client and updated the status report.
- Coordinating the code movement from dev environment to execution environment and adhere client procedures to prepare test case documents to ensure the developed code quality.
- Created session, command, decision control, event raise, event wait and timer tasks.
- Involved in identifying the bottlenecks in the mappings and worked towards the performance tuning of the mappings and sessions..
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 10.1, ETL, PL/SQL, DB2, Oracle11c, DAC, Teradata, Windows NT and UNIX Shell scripting.
Confidential, Santa Fe, NM
ETL Informatica Admin/Developer
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gathering, design, development, testing, Production, user and support for production environment.
- Create new mapping designs using various tools in Informatica Designer like Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapplet Designer and Mapping Designer.
- Develop the mappings using needed Transformations in Informatica tool according to technical specifications
- Created complex mappings that involved implementation of Business Logic to load data in to staging area.
- Used Informatica reusability at various levels of development.
- Developed mappings/sessions using Informatica Power Center 8.6 for data loading.
- Performed data manipulations using various Informatica Transformations like Filter, Expression, Lookup (Connected and Un-Connected), Aggregate, Update Strategy, Normalizer, Joiner, Router, Sorter and Union.
- Developed Workflows using task developer, Worklet designer and workflow designer in Workflow manager and monitored the results using workflow monitor.
- Building Reports according to user Requirement.
- Extracted data from Oracle and SQL Server then used Teradata for data warehousing.
- Implementedslowly changing dimensionmethodology for accessing the full history of accounts.
- Write Shell script running workflows in Unix environment.
- Optimizing performance tuning at source, target,mapping and session level
- Participated inweeklystatus meetings, and conducting internal andexternal reviews as well as formal walk through among various teams and documenting the proceedings.
- Developed various mappings using Mapping Designer and worked with Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Router, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Created complex mappings which involved Slowly Changing Dimensions, implementation of Business Logic and capturing the deleted records in the source systems.
- Followed standard procedures to migrate the mappings from Development to Test and Production environments by creating deployment groups.
- Used the email task in the Production to keep the team posted on process status.
- Created stored procedures to implement the logics and using them in Informatica.
- Extensively used environments to create shell script and maintaining the logs of Informatica admin console.
- Schedule a call to the relevant teams if any abnormal job timing or any unexpected data arrived to understand the current scenario
- Worked extensively with the connected lookup Transformations using dynamic cache.
- Experience in using Automation Scheduling tools likeOpcon.
- Worked with complex mappings having an average of 15 transformations.
- Created and scheduled Sessions, Jobs based on demand, run on time and run only once
- Monitored Workflows and Sessions using Workflow Monitor.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing of Informatica mappings
- Coded PL/SQL scripts.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1,Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2005.Clear Case, UNIX (HP-UX, Sun Solaris, AIX) and UNIX Shell Scripts, Opcon(Scheduling Tool).
Confidential, Lansing, MI
ETL Business Analyst
- Involved in gathering end user requirements, User/System documentation, user and testing developed reports for final deployment.
- Business analysis user requirements Financial and Benefit Enrollment reports.
- Responsible to collate appropriate data for use in databases and conduct related research.
- Generated reports using IT / database systems and assist in their analysis.
- Involved in the designing and Building of Universes, Classes and objects for investment management system.
- Excellent use of graphs and charts with named groups and formula fields.
- Designed and developed Crystal Reports.
- Created various dashboard reports to measure the performance.
- Responsibilities included imparting to the end-users and doing the knowledge transfer for reporting needs..
- Analyzed the existing Crystal reports and tuned for faster execution. Troubleshoot existing reports to eliminate data discrepancies and respond to end-user inquiries.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL and stored them in Crystal Query and attached them to the Crystal Reports using the Proper ODBC connections.
- Created the environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Analyzed business process workflows and assisted in the development of ETL procedures for moving data from source to target systems.
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
- Created UNIX shell scripts for Informatica ETL tool to automate sessions.
- Monitored sessions using the workflow monitor, which were scheduled, running, completed or failed. Debugged mappings for failed sessions.
- Responsibilities include scheduling of the reports using Info Desktop for scheduled deployment and have an exposure to Crystal Info Administration.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were catered to by the application.
- Responsible for providing database solutions using MS Access/ SQL Server/ Oracle database.
- Created reports using Crystal Reports and Oracle Forms/Report.
- Provided technical/Functional support to end user.
Environment: Informatica Power Center8.5, Oracle 10g Crystal Reports, SQL Server Developer, SSMS, Visual Studio, ER-WIN.
- Responsible for creating repository users, user groups, giving privileges to the users, granting users with access to the repository folders.
- Responsible for maintaining repository backups and their restorations.
- Responsible for migrations from Development repository to the QA and Prod repositories.
- Populated data into staging tables from flat files, XML sources and Relational Sources.
- Installed and Configured Informatica Power Center on Client and Server Machines and Configure Informatica Server and Register Servers.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 7.1/8.1 tool - Source Analyzer, warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplets, and Reusable Transformations.
- Managed one-time migration of data with planned outages in the weekend.
- Used Informatica Designer designed Mappings that populated the Data into the Dimensions.
- Used Workflow Manager, Repository Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the Batches and Sessions and scheduling them to run at specified time.
- Maintained Development, Test and Production Repositories using Repository Manager. Also used Repository Manager to maintain the metadata, Security, Backup and Locks
- Worked extensively on transformations like Filter, Router, Aggregator, Lookup, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure, Sequence generator and joiner transformations.
- Bench Mark testing of Hardware and Informatica PowerCenter mappings to calculate the load times for batch processing and tuning the mappings.
- Developed Unix Shell scripts to extract and convert data from different legacy systems in databases.
- Generated reports for Underwriting, Claims and Payments, tuned Reporting Queries for faster retrieval time.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5.1/8.1, Power exchange for Oracle, DB2, Business Objects 6.0, UNIX Shell Scripting, DB2 8.0, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, TOAD, Linux/Solaris.