- Over 12 years of experience in planning, designing and implementing BI (Business Intelligence), DQ (Data Quality), DI (Data Integration) and MDM (Master Data Management) solutions using standard and multidimensional reports/dashboards and semantic layers using leading BI tools like SAP Business Objects, Microsoft SSIS, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle BI Publisher and MDM and DQ/ETL tools like Informatica Multidomain MDM, Informatica Developer and PowerCenter.
- I have hands on experience and skills on data analysis and design on reporting platforms and semantic layers such as OLAP Cubes, Data Marts and Business Objects Universes.
- I have hands on expertise on Informatica MDM, PowerCenter and IDQ data profiling and cleansing solutions from last several years.
- I am very well experienced in Full Life Cycle of reporting including Report Authoring, Report management and Scheduling, Report Delivery and Publishing, and Report Security, Report Servers administration and security using SAP Business Objects reporting tools like Webi, Crystal Reports and Crystal Xcelsius dashboards.
- My Data warehouse lifecycle experience includes requirement analysis, design, analysing data sources, define metadata, dimensional modelling, ETL design and migration plan and maintaining MDM and BI applications.
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- BI Planning/Designing/Implementation
- Data Quality/Governance Solutions
- Data integration and migration.
- Business requirement definition
- Technical Architecture design
- Data Modeling
Master Data Management: Informatica MDM Multidomain 10.x, IBM Infosphere
BI and Reporting Tools: SAP Crystal Reports 2008, XIR2/XI/ 10.0/9.0/8.0/7.0 , SAP Crystal Enterprise/SAP Business Object Enterprise XI 3.1, BO Universes, Webi Reports, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, QlikView
Data Integration solutions: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2, Oracle Data Intigrator, MS SSIS
Data Quality Solutions: Informatica IDQ 10.2
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS Access 2000
Defect Management Tools: Visual Studio (TFS) Team System Foundation, IBM Rational Clear Quest, IBM Rational Clear Case.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL SQL, C/C++, Visual Basic, HTML,XML.
Tools: and Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio, Toad, SQL Navigator, Oracle SQL Developer
Confidential, St. Louis, Missouri
- Design and architect EPC (Enterprise Product Catalog) application in Informatica Master Data solution to master and author client’s product data with multi domain implementation
- Design and developed Business Data Quality rules in Informatica Developer solution to ensure and rectify data to maintain data quality rules meeting data standard and compliance.
- Developed UIs in IDD (Informatica Data Director) for data stewards/owners/custodians to manage, govern and author their product data.
- Implemented Human Task process to boost the data quality standards letting data owners/custodians to correct the data anomalies of overall EPC system.
- Install configure MDM hub on Linux and Windows operating systems on premise as well as AWS virtual platform.
- Apply hotfixes and patches on MDM, Data Quality and application servers and troubleshoot issues.
- Design and implement Informatica MDM, Data Quality and ETL solutions.
- Road mapping MDM and Data Quality/Integration strategy solutions.
- Involve in gathering business requirements and review technical feasibilities.
- Document functional and technical requirements.
Confidential, Dublin, Ohio
Informatica Architect Lead
- Install and configure Informatica PowerCenter and Data Quality client and server on two nodes with HA/Grid implementation.
- Architect, develop and design mapping and workflows for customer claims processing in PowerCenter and Informatica Developer tools.
- Build Web Service integrations with applications such as Workday and York Clams management using RESTful integration mapping to process claims using HTTP GET and HTTP POST operations
- Provide incident and management support to the team on any open cases and issues.
- Create and maintain technical documentation such as install run books, design specifications and user operation guides
- Lead developers to build ETL and Data Quality Standardization/Cleansing mappings in Informatica to push the data into MDM Party data model.
- Configure Informatica MDM 10.2 model for Employee Master and support developers and business users in reviewing the match and merge and data survivorship.
- Keep management, project managers, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, project status and change requests.
Confidential, San Diego, California
- Built MDM interface to push Customer and Address data changes through JMS queue into Baan 5C and SAP ERP systems.
- Configured MDM Staging and BO table design for Customer e360 application interface.
- Created packages and queries in MDM to support the data publishing to JMS queue that are consumed by the ERP systems
- Developed MDM interface using Provisioning tool as a part of CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) operations for Customers and Address entities.
- Participated in end to end testing from MDM to ERP systems.
Confidential, Santa Clara, California
IDQ/Data Migration Consultant
- Migrated and upgraded Dunn & Bradstreet IM process to Dunn & Bradstreet Direct+ system.
- Analyzed current state data integration architecture and future state architecture and reviewed the technical feasibility of the solution
- Developed integration mapplets in IDQ tool to call D&B Direct+ web service
- Developed data integration mappings in PowerCenter to enrich the data into Informatica MDM model.
- Actively involved in end to end system integration testing from Direct+ to MDM
Confidential, Springfield, Missouri
- Lead the overall Data Quality and governance solution for Customer MDM implementation.
- Reviewed business needs with stakeholders to derive requirements
- Supported in data model design which best suited the business needs
- Created/ Updated Profiles for data analysis in the Analyst Tool
- Generated business rules as needed in the Developer Tool
IDQ/MDM Configuration Consultant
- Designed Data Quality mappings for IDL (initial data load) using Informatica Data Quality 9.6.1
- Responsible for identifying data anomalies in source data and design rules to fix and standardize as per business requirement.
- Implemented Informatica Address Doctor web service solution for address standardization
- Configured IDQ transformations including cleansing and validation of business attributes like Contacts and Addresses with AD (Address Doctor) parsing of address elements and DQ rules.
- Automated IDL (Initial Data Loads) and incremental data loads with IDQ and MDM mappings using Informatica PowerCenter command tasks.
- Maintained and configured MDM Landing, Staging and Base objects.
- Involved in MDM data load from Landing to Staging and Staging to Base objects and performed detail analysis on data rejections during load and prepared load statistics report.
MDM/Data Quality Lead
- Developed and enhanced Master data solution for Provider data sourced from various systems such as Clarity and Epic.
- Provide MDM implementation best practices
- Support installation, initial configuration and integration of MDM and Entity 360 application.
- Deployed Informatica Data Quality solution in support of broader healthcare MDM program
- Responsible for Data Quality initial setup and configuration
- Profiled source data to validate source to target mappings
- Designed data quality approach for initial data load and quality baseline
MDM Configuration Consultant
- Support Informatica proof of concept with initial setup and configuration of MDM solution
- Responsible for configuration and unit testing initial results per business requirements
- Documented setup/process for client resources to on - boarding after initial pilot
Confidential, Mansfield, TX
Data Quality Configuration Specialist
- Deployed Informatica tools required for data migration and quality in support of a broader product master data pilot
- Profiled all source data and validated source to target mappings and ETL extract approach
- Configured data quality routines to resolve data quality issues identified in profiling for initial data load and ongoing delta automation
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
ETL Lead Developer
- Responsible for end to end data migration via ETL in support of Informatica deployment
- Responsible for initial setup and development of migration specific ETL programs/mappings
- Create server side scripting for automation of ETL jobs for on-going testing data loads and overnight processing
Confidential, Winston Salem, NC
- Engaged in the discovery phase of EIM (Enterprise Information Management) project primarily focused in the current use of Company code master data in various legacy ERP systems and target SAP ECC systems.
- Conducted interviews with technical stake holders to understand and analyze the existing sources systems, integration layers including DW and BI platforms and the consuming applications used for financial reporting.
- Involved in creating a cross functional bus matrix with the involvement of business process with use cases and their alignment of various ERP, integration/DW and consuming/reporting systems
- Implemented and configured Informatica MM (Metadata Management) and Business Glossary application on top of Data Quality and ETL applications to drive their wide variety of product analysis managed by Products owners/analysts and data scientists.
- Evaluated existing vs. future technologies for enhanced Organization information management and to support the Company code master data management.
- Designed a high level technical architecture diagram in visio demonstrating system data flows between different source systems, ETLs, DW and the consuming systems.
- Assisted the team in utilizing the Informatica Metadata manager solution to help building a data lineage and business glossary for organization Company code information.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
BI and Reporting Developer
- Engaged in understanding the Oracle Utility Meter Data Management (MDM) and Customer Care & Billing (CCB) application data model to develop and validate the reports as per business requirements.
- Performed data migration from legacy mainframe system into Oracle Customer Care & Billing (CC&B)
- Delivered data migration functional specifications, data flow, data mapping specs and documented data validation rules, cleansing and the transformation and application of business rules.
- Worked with the Business Analyst and users to design, review and validate the report layout to make sure it met all the data elements to be displayed with filters/parameters/list of values as expected.
- Implemented the ETL methods to extract data from MDM and CCB using Oracle data integration (ODI) tool and load the oracle tables used by the reports.
- Developed Oracle PL SQL packages to extract, transform and load tables enabling the data purging and retention methods based on the business requirement.
- Designed and deployed the report in Oracle BI Publisher 11g with the LDAP security enabled for users based on their roles.
- Performed the unit testing and System Integration testing to make sure the reports are running successfully via web service calls within application. SOAP UI tool was being used to test the web service call.
- Led the developers and managed the report development based on agile methodology.
- Managed resource and time allocation for the reporting project using Microsoft Project and updated the management with weekly status.
Environment: Oracle MDM (Meter Data management)/CCB(Customer Care & Billing),Oracle database 10/11g, Oracle BI Publisher 10/11g, ODI 11.1 (Oracle Data Integrator), SOAPUI.
Confidential, Dublin, Ohio
Business Objects Consultant
- Partnered with business for enabling self-service analytics and reporting on Meta data information and data lineage of reports from various sources.
- Engaged in Data Governance and profiling process and worked with business to foster data governance principles by collecting Business Objects Universe Meta data information.
- Imported the Universe Meta data by using Universe Documenter tool and mapped the collected data with Business Objects Web Intelligence reports and their Teradata sources.
- Identified the reports to be rationalized based on the similarities like reports structure, filters and prompts and folder security level across different departments.
- Optimized the report performance by identifying the reports using multiple universes and suggested ways to consolidate multiple universes by merging dimensions and measures.
- Imported and exported the universes in Development and Test environment after the changes being made to the dimensions and measures properties.
- Analyzed the reports audit data from the Business Objects audit database and compared the report performance statistics trends over the time that helped the management to actually see the result of change in the Business Object server.
- Documented the processes involved in overall project activities like Data Lineage, Data Profiling and Report Rationalization/Optimization using swim lanes process diagrams in Microsoft Visio covering all functional activities by actors/users involved in the business process.
Environment: SAP Business Objects XI 3.1, SAP Infoview, Web Intelligence, Teradata.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Report Developer Analyst/BO Administrator
- Analysed, designed and developed reports for different business units like Marketing, Operations, Accounting, Call Centre and Finance using SAP Crystal Reports 2008 and Microsoft SSRS.
- Gathered the requirement for corporate dashboards. Designed and developed dashboards using Crystal Xcelsius 2008 with slicers and dicers, drill down charts and published dashboards on SAP Infoview.
- Worked closely with marketing team to gather the requirement for marketing dashboards showing measures on prospects and active customers and their attritions by products segments and geographical areas.
- Responded to production support on existing reports and implemented immediate resolution.
- Validated the reports data against existing CRM applications to ensure data accuracy and quality .
- Developed scalable Crystal and Webi reports including Cross tab, drill down functionalities, sub reports, parameterized reports with bar, line and pie charts with filters with static and dynamic parameters.
- Deployed and tested reports in different environments such as Development, Integration, QA and Production.
- Designed and developed BO Universes for Call Center and Sale entities to measure the customer responses coming through different channels and tactics.
- Maintained security and managed restrictions on Universes using BO Universe designer.
- Integrated data from different CRM sources and homogenized the data to retrofit the existing reports meeting the business requirements.
- Implemented and enforced standard documentation, development, and testing processes for the full life cycle of reporting objects.
- Partnered with business owners and worked closely with stakeholders to ensure needs are met and to identify new ways to add value through the application of reporting technology.
- Published and scheduled Crystal Reports in SAP Info view to send them to different destinations like email, FTP and destination drive. Deployed SSRS reports in Share Point Server 2010.
- Installed the latest Service Packs, Fix packs to the SAP Crystal Reports Server running on Business Objects 3.1 platform and managed the servers implementing load balancing techniques .
- Configured and implemented the SSO with Windows AD authentication on Business Objects 3.1 platform.
- Created additional job servers to balance the balance the load of running objects.
- Upgraded the Business Objects Server from XIR2 to 3.1 environments.
- Migrated report objects , users and groups, folder rights and securities from XIR2 to 3.1 environment using Import Wizard .
- Administered report server by maintaining report security at folder level and object level. Created and added and mapped AD users, assigned rights based on access levels.
- Monitored and administered BO Crystal Report Servers such as Report Job Server, CMS, Destination Job Server, RAS, Processing Server, Cache Server etc. to make sure all job servers are up and running.
- Optimized and tuned complex SQL queries, SQL views, SQL stored procedures using SQL database tuning advisor and analyzed the cost generating Execution plans.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded data from different sources using Microsoft Import and Export wizard. Created ETL packages using MS SSIS to transform and load data and scheduled the job as per business requirement on recurring basis.
- Designed the Marketing ODS (Operational Data Store) and Data marts with Fact table and dimensions to meet their specific data requirement on metrics of dashboards and reports.
- Processed and scheduled the SSAS cubes on manual and recurring basis.
- Worked with Marketing and BI team to collect the data from different sources and homogenized into an enterprise ODS (Operational Data Store).
Environment: SAP Crystal Reports XIR2/2008, SAP Business Objects 3.1/Crystal Reports Server 2008, Crystal Xcelsius 2008, BO Universe, Webi, SAP Infoview/CMC/CCM, Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, MS Share Point 2010, MS Visual Studio Development Studio 2008, Microsoft SSIS, SSAS.
Confidential, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Report Developer Analyst/BO Administrator
- Worked as SAP Crystal Report Developer/BO administrator with Deloitte Consulting group for Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. The DOT Centric project involved three modules Finance (FA), Inventory (INV) and EA (Entity Administration) for managing Payment Batches, processing Inventory Order and sending correspondences to customers.
- Worked closely with the business stakeholders to gather requirements and drafted the report specifications meeting required business scenarios for Vehicle Registration and Title department unit.
- Developed reports for FA, Inventory and EA module to generate canned, parameterized reports and Correspondences. Canned reports were supposed to run daily, monthly and 6 monthly.
- Involved with DBA to write views and stored procedures for some complex reports. Developed some complex reports using multiple sub reports, conditional and suppression formulas to make report more dynamic.
- Published the reports on BO server and scheduled to run them based on user requirements.
- Published reports on different environments-Development, System, and UAT and optimized the report queries and underlying database objects.
- Administered the BO server by creating Users and Groups and assigned them different access level rights to view, schedule, and run and modify reports.
- Maintained the report security at folder level by monitoring and assigning rights to only authorized users to access particular folders.
- Tested and published final approved reports in production server to complete Go-Live cycle.
Environment: SAP Crystal Report XI, Business Objects Enterprise XI, Oracle 10g, Toad, Oracle SQL navigator, IBM Rational Clear Case, IBM Rational Clear Quest
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
BI Report Analyst/Developer
- Worked as Business/Report analyst for Crystal Reporting Environment and gathered reporting requirement from different user groups in Customer Care department for Forecast Reporting Project and Audit Report Project.
- Actively interacted with different business user groups to verify the technical feasibility and designed the report mock ups based on the requirements.
- Designed Business Requirement Specification and Technical report specifications for the Forecasting reports.
- Developed different types of Financial Forecasting reports for Account and Business and Account managers like Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Trend analysis of Costs and Volumes(Phone and Emails), Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Variance reports between Actual, Plan, Current and Prior forecast types.
- Developed reports for Outsourcer Vendor Management groups such as Matrix Summary reports , Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Comparative analysis of Cost and Volumes of various products offered by Confidential among different Vendors of Confidential for different Groups, Contacts and Properties.
- Created and edited View definition for Forecasting reports on Oracle 9i database using Oracle SQL Developer.
- Designed and developed Webi (Web Intelligence) reports off of Business Objects Universe in BOXI R1 platform.
- Designed and developed Crystal Xcelsius dashboards and KPIs for Marketing.
- Designed, developed and maintained the BO Universes for business units such as Customer Care, Call Centre, Operations and Finance.
- Created dimensions and measures, wrote complex SQL queries to pull the tables from underlying database to meet the Universe requirement for Customer Care department.
- Designed the reporting architecture model for Forecasting application reports by implementing Business Object Enterprise System to serve as a Reporting server.
- Tested all the developed report with Unit testing principle and created SQL scripts for Test cases.
- Involved in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and modified the required changes as per users demand.
Environment: SAP Crystal Report XIR2, Universe, Web Intelligence Reports, Crystal Xcelsius, SAP Business Objects Enterprise XIR2, Oracle 9i, Oracle SQL Developer
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Performed the analysis and collection of prior year Financial and Sales data using MS Access and RDCT (Report data collection tool) from JDE database and SAP R/3 system.
- Performed validation of prior year data and generated an output format in .CSV to upload into SAP BW for Crystal Reporting.
- Generated Standard report specification for the all the required report and developed reports based on Financial and Sales data against SAP BW as well as SQL Server 2000.
- Published the reports on Business Objects XI Server and scheduled to run as per required by the user. Configured success/failure notification and email notification to specific users.
- Identified specific groups and users as per business requirement and defined their rights and access levels for viewing, scheduling, running, exporting etc. of reports.
Environment: Crystal Report XI R2 (SAP integration version), Business Objects XI, SQL Server 2000, BEx Query Designer (SAP BW), MS Access
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Crystal Report Developer/Analyst
- Analysed the integration of different business units with the flow of data and transactions between various modules of the system and the integration of web server with client side and the SQL Server database.
- Involved in interactions with Business users and analysts to gather report specification as per business requirements.
- Gathered and analysed the required data for the report in SQL Server 2000 database using SQL Query analyser.
- Involved in Web Sphere testing with Quality Analyst and Application Developer to make sure all the business units are well integrated and the flow of transactions do not contain any errors.
Environment: Crystal Report XI, SQL Server 2000, MS Visual Studio .Net, iAvenue