- Over Seven years in Information Technology, with experience in Data Warehousing teamed with Business Requirements Analysis, Application Design, Data Modeling, Development, testing and documentation.
- Implementation of Warehousing and Database business systems for Pharmaceutical, Insurance, Financial and Telecommunications industries.
- Five years of strong Data Warehousing experience using Informatica Power Center (Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation developer), Informatica Power Mart, Power Connect, Power Plug, Power Analyzer, Data Mart, ETL, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, OLTP, Autosys, Control M, Visual Source Safe, Maestro, Oracle 9.x/8.x/7.x, UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Proficient in Data Warehousing Concepts like Ralph Kimball and Bill Inmon Methodologies and Six Plus (6+) years of Dimensional Data Modeling experience using Star Schema/Snowflake modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & logical data modeling using ERWIN 4.5/4.0/3.x and Oracle Designer.
- Extensive experience in ETL processes in extracting data from operational and legacy systems to data warehouse using informatica understands complex mappings, transformation rules, data formats and efficient in performance tuning of sources, mappings, targets and sessions.
- Experienced in estimation, planning, Risk Management, finalization of technical / functional specifications, communication management and quality management of the product and Sound knowledge in tuning Informatica mappings and identifying bottlenecks and resolving the issues to improve the performance of the data loads and extracts.
- Six Plus (6) years of experience using Oracle 10g/9i/8x/7.x, DB2 8.0/7.0/6.0, Terradata 2.x, MS SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, MS Access 7.0/97/2000, Oracle Report Writer, M-Load, TPUMP, BTEQ, Fast Load, SAS, SQR 3.0, Erwin 4.x/3.5/3.x, SQL, XML, XSL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader and Developer 2000, Win 3.x/95/98/2000, Win NT 4.0 and Sun Solaris 2.x.
- Excellent Client Interaction, Communication and Presentation Skills.
Technical SkillsData Warehouse
Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.1/7.1/7.0/6.2/6.1 (Repository Manager, Designer, Server manager, Work Flow Monitor, Work Flow Manager)BI & Reporting
Business Objects XI/6.5/6.0/5.1/5.0, Business Objects SDK, Micro strategy
Physical Modeling, Logical Modeling, Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, FACT, Dimensions), Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, ER Diagrams, Erwin 4.5/4.0/3.5.2/2.x, Oracle Designer 2000Databases
Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.3, MS SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, IBM DB2, IBM UDB 8.0/7.0/6.0/5.0, DB2/400, Teradata V2R5/V2R4/V2R3 with M-Load, TPUMP & BTEQ, PL/SQL.Job Scheduling & Other tools
CA Autosys, BMC Control M, Maestro, Visual Source Safe, Quest TOAD 7.6, Quest Central for DB2Environment
UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX), Windows 2003/2000/XP/98, Sun-Ultra, Sun-Spark, Sun Classic, RS/6000, HP 9000, SCO UNIX, Mainframes
Insurance, Health Care, Telecom and FinanceEducation
Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering. JNTU, Hyderabad.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ July 2010 - Present
- Responsible for requirement gathering, Business Analysis, user meetings, discussing the issues to be resolved and translated the user inputs into ETL design documents.
- Extracted data from various heterogeneous sources like Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access and Flat files.
- Worked with power center tools like Designer, Workflow Manager, Task Developer, Workflow Monitor, and Repository Manager.
- Worked on Designer tools like Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation, Developer, Mapplet Designer and Mapping Designer.
- Extensively used Source Qualifier Transformation and used most of its features like filter, sorter and SQL override
- Extensively used various Active and Passive transformations like Filter, Transformation, Router Transformation, Expression Transformation, Source Qualifier Transformation, Joiner Transformation, Lookup Transformation, Update Strategy Transformation, Sequence Generator Transformation, Rank Transformation and Aggregator Transformation
- Solid Expertise in using both connected and unconnected Lookup Transformations.
- Extensively worked with various Lookup caches like Static cache, Dynamic cache and Persistent cache.
- Extensively worked with Joiner functions like normal join, full outer join, master outer join and detail outer join in the Joiner transformation.
- Used Update Strategy DD_INSERT, DD_UPDATE, DD_DELETE and DD_REJECT to insert, update, delete and reject items based on the requirement.
- Worked with Session logs and Work flow logs for Error handling and troubleshooting in Dev environment.
- Used Debugger wizard to troubleshoot data and error conditions.
- Used Informatica row error logging feature to capture the logs in a relational table.
- Worked with Index cache and Data cache in transformations like Rank, Lookup, Joiner and Aggregator Transformations.
- Developed Reusable Transformations and Reusable Mapplets.
- Fined tuned the mappings and sessions to make them more efficient in terms of Performance.
- Worked extensively with Mapping Parameters, Mapping Variables and Parameter files for Incremental Loading
- Worked with workflow System variables like $$$Sessstarttime, Sessstarttime, Sysdate.
- Extensively used Various Data Cleansing and Data Conversion Functions like RTRIM, LTRIM, ISNULL, ISDATE, TO_DATE, Decode, Substr, Instr, and IIF functions in Expression Transformation.
- Responsible for Best Practices like naming conventions, Performance Tuning and Error Handling.
- Worked with Shortcuts across shared and non shared folders.
- Migrated the code using export and Import utilities across various Instances.
- Optimized SQL queries for better performance.
- Expertise in using TOAD and SQL developer for accessing the Oracle database.
- Used Oracle SQL Loader to load data into RDBMS tables from excel files.
- Created pre sql and post sql scripts which need to be run at Informatica level.
- Worked with various Oracle Analytical functions like rank, row etc.
- Created Oracle stored procedures and triggers to automate the time consuming which were to complicated for the standard SQL statements
- Responsible for Unit Testing of Mappings and Workflows.
- Created UNIX Shell scripts to start and stop sessions.
Informatica Power Center 8.6.1(Repository Manger, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow
Designer, Task developer, Worklet Designer), Power Connect, PeopleSoft, Oracle 9i, 10g, SQL server, Access, Flat files, SQL/PLSQL, T-SQL, UNIX shell scripting, Windows XP, TOAD, SQL Developer.
Confidential, Mettwa, IL February 2009 July 2010
- Worked with various active transformations in Informatica PowerCenter like Filter Transformation, Aggregator Transformation, Joiner Transformation, Rank Transformation, Router Transformation, Sorter Transformation, Source Qualifier, and Update Strategy Transformation
- Extensively worked with various Passive transformations in Informatica PowerCenter like Expression Transformation, Sequence Generator, Sorter Transformation, and Lookup Transformation
- Extensively worked with Slowly Changing Dimensions Type1, Type2, and Type3 for Data Loads
- Responsible for Performance Tuning at the Mapping Level, Session Level, Source Level, and the Target Level
- Responsible for the Data Cleansing of Source Data using LTRIM and RTRIM operations of the Expression Transformation
- Responsible for Performance in Informatica PowerCenter at the Target Level, Source level, Mapping Level, Session Level, and System Level
- Extensively worked with both Connected and Un-Connected Lookups
- Extensively worked with Look up Caches like Persistent Cache, Static Cache, and Dynamic Cache to improve the performance of the lookup transformations
- Worked with re usable objects like Re-Usable Transformation and Mapplets
- Extensively worked with aggregate functions like Avg, Min, Max, First, Last, Std Deviation in the Aggregator Transformation
- Extensively made use of sorted input option for the performance tuning of aggregator transformation
- Extensively used SQL Override function in Source Qualifier Transformation
- Extensively used Normal Join, Full Outer Join, Detail Outer Join, and master Outer Join in the Joiner Transformation
- Responsible for migrating the workflows from development to production environment
- Extensively worked with Incremental Loading using Parameter Files, Mapping Variables, and Mapping Parameters
Informatica PowerCenter 8.5/8.0(Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Designer, Task Developer), MicroStrategy, Teradata, DB2 UDB 8.1, Oracle 9i, Teradata, Flat Files, UNIX, Windows XP.
Confidential, KS. November 2007 December 2008
DW / Informatica Developer†
- Interacted with the business community and database administrators to identify the business requirements and data realties.
- Responsible for dimensional modeling of the data warehouse to design the business process.
- Parsing high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed new database tables to meet business information needs. Designed Mapping document, which is a guideline to ETL Coding.
- Documented standards handbook for Informatica code development.
- Developed a number of Informatica Mappings, Mapplets and Transformations to load data from relational and flat file sources into the data warehouse.
- Used SQL queries and database programming using PL/SQL (writing Packages, Stored Procedures/Functions, and Database Triggers).
- Used various transformations like Source Qualifier, Lookup, Update Strategy, Router, Filter, Sequence Generator, and Joiner on the extracted source data according to the business rules and technical specifications.
- Loaded the data from IMS files into oracle tables using informatica with any data cleansing required.
- Worked on SQL tools like TOAD to run SQL queries and validate the data.
- Worked on database connections, SQL Joins, views in Database level.
- Extensively used SQL*Loader to load Data from flat files to Database tables in Oracle.
- Used Power Center server manager/Workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs to be run in the batch process.
- Used UNIX shell scripting for Scheduling Informatica Workflows.
- Actively interacted with business analysts and assisted in creating Classes and Objects using Business Objects.
- Optimized the mappings using various optimization techniques and also debugged some existing mappings using the Debugger to test and fix the mappings.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions to update the dimensional schema.
- Implemented procedures/functions in PL/SQL for Stored Procedure Transformations.
- Monitored workflows and collected performance data to maximize the session performance.
- Resolved memory related issues like DTM buffer size, cache size to optimize session runs.
- Documented the mapping process and methodology used to facilitate future development.
Informatica Power Center 7.1, Informatica Power Connect, (Repository Manger, Designer, Server Manager, Workflow Monitor, Workflow Manager), Erwin 4.5, Flat files, Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server 2000, PL/SQL, Business Objects 6.5, Shell Programming, SQL*Loader, IBM DB2 8.0, Toad, Excel, Unix scripting, Sun Solaris, Windows NT
Confidential, Atlanta, GA July 2006 September 2007
DW/ Informatica Developer†
- Resposible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center 6.2.
- Participated in all phases including Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Documentation.
- Created Workflows, Tasks, database connections, FTP connections using Workflow Manager.
- Designed new Database tables to meet business information needs, Designed mapping document, which is a guideline to ETL Coding.
- Extensively used Informatica to load data from Flat Files to Oracle & Oracle to Oracle. Created mappings using the transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Joiner, and Stored Procedure transformations.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 6.2 tool -Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, Transformations, Work Flow Manager (Task Developer, Work lets, and Work Flow Designer) and Monitored the sessions using Work Flow Monitor.
- Designing the process monitor for automation of the system. Which keeps the load history, load summary, load status of the system.
- Added enhancements such as mail functioning, success flag, pre and post session functions etc.
- Extensively migrated data from different sources such as flat files to ODS, DataMarts and Datawarehouse
- Performed tuning of Informatica Mappings for optimum performance.
- Standardized parameter files to define session parameters such as database connection for sources targets, last updated dates for Incremental loads and many default values of fact tables.
- Generated reports using Business Objects Report Designer.
- Writing PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database. Tuning of SQL queries for better performance.
- Designed and developed UNIX scripts to create and drop tables which are used for scheduling the jobs.
- Database filtering using Unix Shell Scripts (awk, sed). Shell Scripts were run through UNIX Cron scheduling Batch sessions
- Analyzing the data loads and supporting the production.
- Handling daily load issue and standardizing the system to business as usual state.
Informatica Power Center 6.2, HP-Unix, Oracle 9i, Teradata V2R5/V2R4, DB2 7.0, Erwin 4.0, Unix Shell Scripting, Cognos Impromptu, Autosys, MS PowerPoint, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Navigator 4.0, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer MS SQL Server 2000, Unix, Win NT 4.0
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH May 2005 June 2006†
DW Informatica Developer†
- Interacted with Business Owners for day-to-day ETL progress monitoring.
- Researched sources and identified necessary reusable components for Mapplets and Transformations
- Coordinated with Source System Owners for proper data feeds and Defaults for the Incoming Data.
- Populated data into staging tables from flat files, XML sources, Cobol Copybooks and Relational Sources.
- Installed Informatica Power Center on Client and Server Machines and Configure the Informatica Server and Register Server.
- Upgraded Repository from Informatica Power Center Version 5.1 to Version 6.2
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 6.2 tool - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplets, and Reusable Transformations.
- Used Informatica Designer designed Mappings that populated the Data into the Dimensions on Oracle 9i.
- Used Workflow Manager, Server Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running Batches and Sessions and scheduling them to run at specified time.
- Bench Mark testing of Hardware and Informatica Power Center mappings to calculate the load times for batch processing and tuning the mappings.
- Develop Logical and Physical data models that capture current data /future data elements and data flows using Erwin / Star Schema.
- Designing and customizing Data models for Data Warehouse supporting data from multiple sources.
- Developed several Informatica mappings, and tuned existing mappings for better performance.
- Used Mapplets and reusable transformations to be re-used during the development life cycle
- Scheduled and monitored processes using Informatica Server Manager.
- Extensively used PL/SQL programming in procedures to implement business rules.
- Designed and Developed Oracle PL/SQL and Shell Scripts, Data Import/Export, Data Conversions and Data Cleansing
- Responsible for performance tuning of SQL Queries, Sources, Targets and sessions.
- Promoting of mappings, sessions and workflows from Development to Test and Production environments.
- Created Pre-session and Post-session UNIX scripts and scripts to drop and recreate Indexes.
- Created and scheduled UNIX scripts to control the ETL processes.
- Used Business Objects 5.0 to create complex reports from universes using drill down, Slice and Dice capabilities. Used Business Objects, BO Query Designer and Report Designer for Reporting and Data Mining.
Informatica Power Center 5.1, Informatica Power Connect, (Repository Manager, Designer, Server Manager), Business Objects 5.0, Flat files, MS Access, Oracle 8i, UNIX (Solaris), Erwin 4.0/3.5.x, MS SQL Server 2000, PL/SQL, Autosys, MS Access 2000, Shell Programming, SQL * Loader, Visual Basic, Toad, SQL Navigator, Excel and Unix scripting, Windows NT
Confidential, Noida, INDIA June 2003 April 2005†
- Analysis Design & coding of the specifications and Interacted with end users to gathering requirements.
- Extensively used PL/SQL to implement cursors, triggers & packages.
- Developed Date entry, query and reports request screens.
- Co-Ordination with users and SQL tuning on existing reports and Tested Database for Performance.
- Involved in system study (Including User Requirement Study, Functional Specification)
- Creating Tables, Constraints, Procedures and Triggers
- Developing Reports, Forms and Report format Design
- Developing user friendly screen using forms
- System Testing and Client Site Implementations
Developer 2000, Oracle 8i, PLS/SQL, Developer 2000 (Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5) and Windows 95/98, UML.