- Informatica Developer with Over 7 years professional experience in Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing of Client/Server and Web Applications, and Data Warehousing Applications using ETL Tools and BI tools.
- Over Six years of strong data warehousing experience using Informatica Power Mart 6.1/5.1/4.7, Power Center 9.1/ 8.6.1/8.1/7.1.2/7.0/6.2/5.1, Power Exchange, Power Connect as ETL tool.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools – Designer (Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer), Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Data modeling experience using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact and Dimension Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using Erwin 4.x/3.x.
- Experience in analysis, design, testing, development, documentation and implementation of Cognos applications.
- Extensive experience in Client/Server technology area with Oracle Database, SQL Server, DB2 and PL/SQL for the back end development of Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Business Intelligence: knowledge of Business Intelligence using Cognos 7.0/6.0/5.x/8 MR1/MR2/8.2, Business Objects 6.5/5.1, Developer 2000, SQL Server Integration Server (SSIS), MS Access Reports.
- Involved in complete System Software development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Data warehousing, Decision Support System.
- Extensive experience in Teradata utilities (SQL, BTEQ/BTEQWin, FastLoad, MultiLoad, Fast Export, Tpump, Queryman, etc).
- Worked extensively on transformations like Lookups, Aggregator, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure, Sequence generator, Joiner transformations.
- Participating in problem solving and troubleshooting for the applications implemented with ODI.
- Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL and having good knowledge of UNIX.
- Experience in Testing (Unit testing, Integration Testing and System testing).
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. Team Player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the development process. Ambitious and hardworking with commitment to excellence.
UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Windows NT/XP/2000/98/95
Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/8.6/7.x/6.x, Informatica PowerMart 4.7/5.0, Informatica PowerConnect, PowerExchange, Data Stage, SQL Loader
Cognos 8/7.0/6.0/5.x, MR1/MR2/8.2 (Report Studio, Query Studio), Business Object 6.5/5.1
ER/Studio 3.5/4.0, Erwin 3.5/4.0
Crystal Reports 7.x/6.x, Cognos Reporting, Data Reports
C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, XSLT, Java Script, VB Script
Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2000/7.0, Teradata, Informix 11.7,
Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Bachelor in Computer Science
Confidential,Charlotte NC April 2011 - Present
Confidential,is a leading provider of products and services in banking industry. It is one of the top three banks of North America. The profitability dashboard for business analysts was available with the figures of a month only by the end of next month. The Institutional Retirement project was established to reduce this delay in the availability of the profitability data. The database which feed the profitability dash board was established during dimensional modeling. The ETL team pulled out data from the various profitability data sources in the bank and load the various tables in the database. This project involves pulling data from Oracle database and flat files
and feeding Oracle database.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/8.6 (Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Transformation developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository manager), Oracle 11g/10g, Toad Oracle Designer, IBM Informix 11.7 Business Object 6.x, SQL Server, PL/SQL.
- Extensively worked on Connected & Unconnected Lookups, Router, Expressions, Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Filter, Sequence Generator, Union, XML etc.
- Monitoring the identified ETL processes, restarting the ETL processes that aborted.
- Optimized various Mappings, Sessions, Sources and Target Databases.
- Created and ranworkflowsusingWorkflow Managerto load the data into the Target Database.
- Work with IT Operations Group in monitoring ETL processing, data warehouse, and reporting issues.
- Involved in the optimization of SQL queries which resulted in substantial performance improvement for the conversion processes.
- Involved in developing the reports using Business Object.
- Designed and developed various mappings using Transformations like Aggregator, Filters, Sequence generator, Lookups, etc to build business rules.
- Implemented Concurrent Workflows mechanism.
- Created and used reusable Mapplets and transformations using Informatica Power Center.
- Done extensive testing and wrote queries in SQL to ensure the loading of the data.
- Debug the sessions by utilizing the logs of the session.
- Extracted data from Legacy systems like Flat files.
- Developed and implemented the coding of Informatica Mapping for the different stages of ETL.
- Implemented Dynamic File Partitioning.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
Confidential,Columbus OH April 2010 - March 2011 Informatica Developer
Confidential, is a leading provider of products and services in Insurance industry.The objective of this project is to support Business Executives to take quick decisions. Generated and analyzed reports based on buyers, representatives and marketing specialist that focus on employee and market performance in different locations.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1 (Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Warehouse Designer, Source Analyzer, Transformation developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository manager), Power Mart, Power Connect, Power Analyzer, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, PL/SQL, Toad, XML,SQL*Loader, Teradata, SQL Server, Erwin 4.1,Unix,Win XP.
- Involved in customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time.
- Involved inLogical and Physical datamodels that capture current/future state data elements and data flows usingErwin.
- Used advanced techniques of Informatica to load data fromMS SQL Server, XML files, Flat filesinto the targetOracledatabase.
- Designed reusable transformations and mapplets.
- Extensively worked with transformationsLookup, Update Strategy, Expression, Filter, Stored Procedures, Routerand others.
- Designed, developed and fine-tuned stored procedures. Tuning of SQL queries for better performance.
- Evaluated, designed, applied and supported Business Intelligence technical solutions using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) / Siebel Analytics.
- Imported external data (flat files)into Oracle tables using SQL*Loader.
- Implemented changes in slowly changing dimension tables.
- Optimized/Tuned mappings for betterperformanceandefficiency.
- Developedmapping parametersandvariablesto support SQL override.
- Created CIT (Component Integration Test) cases for ETL mappings.
- Coordinated with IT department and external auditors during SOX IT testing.
- Used debugger to test thedata flowbetweensource and targetand to fix the invalid mappings.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows likesessions,events raise,event wait,decision-mail,command,worklets,Assignment,Timerandschedulingof the workflow.
- Used session partitions, dynamic cache memory and index caches for improving performance of Informatica services/ server
- Designed and developedtable structures, stored proceduresandfunctionsto implement business rules.
- Tested the data and data integrity among sources and targets using Unit Testing.
- Associated with Production support team in various performances related issues.
- Created number of standard reports and queries based on the existing classes/objects.
Confidential,Detroit, MI Feb 2009 – March 2010 Informatica Developer
Confidential,we built a customer-centric data warehouse to analyze transactions across finance, marketing, risk, collections, and consumer relations. With clean customer data successfully implemented, the data warehouse is growing in analytical richness.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, WorkFlow Designer, Powercenter Designer, Power Exchange, Autosys, Repository Manager, PowerMart, Oracle10g, SQL Server, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Perl, UNIX Shell Scripting, Windows NT/2000/XP,Business Objects 6.5
- Analyzing business processes, functions, existing transactional database schemas and designing star schema models to support the users reporting needs and requirements
- Converting the Business rules into Technical Specifications for ETL process
- Created Conceptual data model by gathering the business requirements from various sources like discussion with functional teams, business analysts and from business documents
- Designed logical and physical database designing using ERWIN Tool.
- Used SQL * Loader to load the data from Flat files to Oracle for Comm Dashboard system.
- Developed complex aggregate, join, look up, filter, router transformation logic to generate consolidated data needed.
- Worked extensively on Flat Files, as the data from various Legacy Systems is flat files.
- Created Mappings using Mapping Designer to load data from various sources, using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup, Aggregator, and Update Strategy, Joiner, Normalizer, Filter and Router transformations
- Designed and optimized moderate to complex Initial load to populate SCD Type-2 using date format.
- Created mapplets using Mapplet Designer and used those Mapplets for reusable business process in development.
- Created re-usable transformations and Worklets.
- Improved the session performance by pipeline partitioning.
- Generated Unit and integration Test Plans and related documents
- Created Workflows in the Workflow designer and executed tasks such as Sessions, Commands, etc. And Monitored transformation processes using Workflow monitor
- Involved in performance tuning of the Informatica mapping and identifying the bottlenecks.
- Wrote shell scripts to perform pre-session and post-session operations
Used Shell script and Perl script to audit check on the flat files before loading the data into National data mart
- Primarily responsible for Production support National, Comm Dashboard, RSA Dashboard systems.
- Performed general controls oversight and reviewed to verified compliance with SOX provision and professional standards
- Coordinating with middleware team for migrating Informatica objects into test and production environment
- Created debugging sessions before the session to validate the transformations and also used existing mappings in debug mode extensively for error identification by creating break points and monitoring the debug monitor
- Troubleshooting the loading failure cases, including database problems.
- Used Autosys scheduling tool to schedule and monitoring the jobs
- Led the team in the absence of the project leader.
Confidential,Owing Mills, MD Feb 2008 – Jan 2009 Informatica Developer
Confidential,is the not-for-profit largest healthcare insurer in Mid-Atlantic region. It provides healthcare to combat issues as obesity, physical inactivity, diabetes and heart disease for people below poverty line and individuals lacking healthcare. The project involves developing a Data warehouse which collects data related to medical samples provided to the doctors, its feedback and finally analyzing the data for those samples.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.x, PowerMart, Informatica Power Exchange, PowerConnect, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL, PL/SQL, ERWIN, UNIX Shell Scripting, Teradata, Mainframes, JCL, VSAM, XML, Cognos 8.0, Perl, Informatica 8.x Web services.
- Created Source definitions from Flat Files, Oracle DB, Imported/Created Target definitions and created Reusable Transformations, Mapplets in Shared folder
- Designed Source to Target mappings from primarily Flat files and Oracle using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in design, development and implementation of ETL process in power center
- Responsible for managing, scheduling and monitoring the workflow sessions
- Developed Transformation Logic to cleanse the source data of inconsistencies before loading the data into staging area which is the source for stage loading.
- Created complex Informatica mappings, reusable objects of Mapplets depending on client requirements
- Used Informatica Data Transformation and Data Exchange to integrate data safely with the internal systems
- Responsible for performance tuning for several ETL mappings, Mapplets, workflow session executions
- Used Data Analyzer to track and tune data flow performance, enrich and speed integration
- Extensively worked on Connected & Unconnected Lookups, Router, Expressions, Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Filter, Sequence Generator, Union, XML, etc.
- Involved in conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and used star schema in designing the data warehouse
- Involved in developing an Informatica web service mapping
- Responsible for Error handling, bug fixing, Session monitoring, log analysis
- Worked on Power Mart client tools viz. Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Transformations Developers
- Wrote a number of stored procedures to validate the complex mappings and automated the validation process.
- Involve in Designing of logical Data model using Erwin Tool
- Analyzed business problems and design proper solutions utilizing Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Imported Data from MS-Access Database and XML to SQL Server Database using DTS
- Created, optimized, reviewed, and executed Teradata SQL test queries to validate transformation rules used in source to target mappings/source views, and to verify data in target tables
by using cursors, triggers and procedures to bring data into database based on the design
- Used UNIX Shell Scripts for automating Batches and Sessions
- Generate scripts for Data Migration and Data Validations as specified in the technical design
- Used Workflow Manager to schedule and run batches, sessions, as well as to check session logs and other session related activities
- Involved in unit testing entire process flow.
- Installation and Configuration of ETL tool Informatica for creating Data ware housing
- Analyzed OLAP cubes data to compare actual results to budget results, to assess performance in Analysis studio.
- Written SQL Scripts and PL/SQL Scripts to extract data from Databases
- Used Conversion process for VSAM to ASCII source files using Informatica Power Exchange
- Power Exchange Change Data Capture has been done for data updates
- Excellent ability to gather and understand business requirements and translate into IT solutions with the use of Cognos.
- Scheduled and Distributed reports through Schedule Management in Cognos Connection.
- Customized data in reports by adding Filters Calculations, Prompts, Summaries and Functions.
Confidential,Dallas, TX Jan2007–Dec2007 ETL Developer
The Business Intelligence Analysis application provides business intelligence analysis services to the sales department through interactive client tools. Data from various online transaction processing (OLTP) applications and other sources is selectively extracted, related, transformed and loaded into the Oracle data warehouse using Informatica Power Center 6.1 ETL tool. Then the transformed data from data warehouse is loaded into an OLAP server to provide Business Intelligence Analysis Services.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.x (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager), Informatica Power Connect, Cognos 8.0, DB2, Oracle 10g/9i, UNIX Shell Scripting, TOAD Oracle Designer.
- Analyzed user requirements for the system.
- Responsible for verification of functional specifications and review of deliverables. Designed and Created data cleansing, validation and loading scripts for Oracle data warehouse using Informatica Power Center 6.1.
- Extensively used Informatica Client Tools – Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, and Informatica Repository.
- Created reusable transformations and mapplets to use in multiple mappings.
- Used debugger to test the data flow and fix the mappings.
- Created and monitored workflows and tasks using Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager.
- Designed the Data Model using Erwin and integrating E-R models with the Oracle Database.
- Analyzed newly converted data to establish a baseline measurement for data quality in data warehouse.
- Imported Relational metadata extract and load relational data.
- Created global repository, Groups, Users assigned privileges using repository manager.
- Developed mappings/Transformation/mapplets by using mapping designer, transformation developer and mapplet designer in Informatica.
- Setting up batches and sessions to schedule the loads at required frequency using Power Center server manager.
- Involved in Version control of the jobs to keep track of the changes in the Development Environment.
- Created daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the management team and field operation Managers using PowerPlay in Cognos
- Responsible for deploying and developing business intelligence applications with the use of Cognos
- Developed Shell scripts to setup runtime environment, and to run stored procedures, packages to populate the data in staging tables.
- Documented the purpose of mapping so as to facilitate the personnel to understand the process and incorporate the changes as and when necessary.
- Developed Unit test cases for the jobs.
- Provided assistance during user testing (interaction with the users).
Confidential,Aubum Hills, MI Mar 2006 – Nov 2006
ETL/ Informatica Developer
Chrysler’s Online Warranty Link (OWL) project is a cutting-edge, web-based application that will replace the current mainframe warranty processing system to simplify the warranty workflow, improve claim accuracy and make the recovery process more efficient. OWL directly connects manufacturers, dealers, suppliers, partners and customers in the service network and optimizes the warranty cycle through its integration of various applications. My role at OWL project was to design, develop and maintain data in the OWL Data warehouse. I was involved in various phases of the life cycle of the project. The ETL process involved extracting the data from various sources like SQL Server, DB2, flat files and transforming it according to the mapping specifications. The data cleansing was performed and the data was loaded to the data warehouse.
Environment: Informatica 6.x/7.x (PowerMart/ PowerCenter), PowerConnect, WorkFlow Designer, Powercenter Designer, Repository Manager, Cognos 8.0 , XML, DB2, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, Teradata, Mainframes, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL Server 2000, Windows NT 4.0, UNIX, Erwin
- Interacted with business user in the analysis and development phase and was involved in requirement gathering, prepared various documents like Technical design documents, Integration test plan, unit test plan and resolved business related issues.
- Worked closely with System Analyst to identify various tables and the layout of data, understanding the complex business rules, identify appropriate sources for Data warehouse, document business needs and implementing the data transformation methodology.
- Extracted data from variety of sources like mainframe tables, flat files, SQL Server and loaded to the data warehouse.
- Used Type2 mapping to update slowly changing dimension table to keep full history.
- Developed reusable mappings, mapplets, sessions and worklets.
- Configured the mappings to handle the updates to preserve the existing records using Update Strategy Transformation.
- Creating Test cases for Unit Test, System Integration Test, check the data quality issues, removing defects and to ensure the successful execution of data loading process.
- Responsible for monitoring all the sessions that are scheduled, running completed and failed. Involved in debugging the Mappings that failed and fixing.
- Performance tuning of the Informatica mappings using various components like Parameter files, Variables and Dynamic Cache.
- Worked on databases implementing complex table joins, aliases, views, aggregate conditions to implement business logic.
Confidential,Raleigh, NC Jun 2005 – Mar 2006 DW Informatica Developer/ Data Analyst
Confidential,has a long and unrivaled history as a provider of financial services throughout the world. FCB offers their customers personal service and the advantages of a local bank, while their global platform allows them to introduce a continuous stream of new and innovative products quickly and more cost-effectively than their competitors. This project is developed for Sales & Marketing and Finance Departments to assist them in their business Analysis.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 6.x, Informatica Power Connect, (Repository Manager, Designer, Server Manager, Workflow Monitor, Workflow Manager), Power Exchange, Power Analyzer, ETL, Business Objects , Oracle 9i, Teradata, PL/SQL,ODI, Erwin, Unix commands, Excel and shell scripting, MS Windows XP professional 2002,UNIX.
- Analyzed source data and gathered requirements from the business users.
- Prepared technical specifications to develop Informatica ETL mappings to load data into various tables confirming to the business rules.
- Audited small business loan applicants to determine cash flow, debt levels and risk factors to assess credit worthiness.
- Experience in Data modeling and design of data warehouse and data marts in star schema methodology with confirmed and granular dimensions and FACT tables.
- Extensively used ETL to load data using Power Center from source systems like Flat Files and Excel Files into staging tables and load the data into the target database Oracle.
- Design and Development of ETL routines, using Informatica Power Center Within the Informatica Mappings, usage of Lookups, Aggregator, Ranking, Stored procedures / functions, SQL overrides usage in Lookups and source filter usage in Source qualifiers and data flow management into multiple targets using Routers was extensively done.
- Analyzed and determined the most complex transformations
- Used Update strategy and Target load plans to load data into Type-2 Dimensions
- Designed the complete workflow for all the extracts (mappings) to serve the business requirements with dependency hierarchy.
- Developed, monitored the workflows and responsible for performance tuning of the staging and 3NF workflows.
- Responsible for monitoring all the sessions that are scheduled, running completed and failed. Involved in debugging the Mappings that failed.
- Created PL/SQL packages, Stored Procedures and Triggers for data transformation on the data warehouse.
- Created the parameter file to run the workflow.
- Created Users, user groups, database connections and managed user privileges using supervisor.
- Improved performance by identifying the bottlenecks in Source, Target, Mapping and Session levels
- Created Snapshots, Summary tables and materialized views in Database to reduce the system overhead.
- Worked on full SDLC including onshore and offshore teams.
- Developed and maintained Reports using Business Objects.
- Involved in Designing BO reports & Universe & guiding designers and developers for each component.
- Generated, published and scheduled reports in Web Intelligence.
Confidential,Cincinnati, OH April 2004 – May 2005
This project involves building a Data warehouse with the sales related data. The company is involved in trading various goods in the global market. The existing application has data from various existing IT applications. The primary aim of this project is to integrate the data sources from existing system and to provide analysis to make business related decisions related to sales analysis and forecasting.
Environment: Informatica (Power Center 5.1), PowerMart, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, DB2, UNIX Scripting (Ksh), Business Objects 5.1, Teradata SQL, Teradata Utilities (BTEQ, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT, MULTILOAD)
- Involved in the analysis, design, coding and testing of the data analysis and warehouse build phase (ETL).
- Responsible for the design of mapping and delivering the Business data for the data warehouse from existing data sources.
- Created Complex mappings with transformations involving expressions, lookup, rank, formalizer, update strategy and stored procedure
- Developed Mapplets, Mappings and configured sessions
- Developed reusable transformations to load data from flat files and other data sources to the Data warehouse.
- Used Informatica Data Migration to decrease the risk and minimize the errors
- Creating batches and sessions and optimizing the loading process with partitioning and caching.
- Designed the ETL processes using Informatica tool to load data from Oracle, flat files into Teradata.
- Trapping Data Errors.
- Performance Tuning of Sessions and Mappings.
- Assisted operation support team for transactional data loads in developing SQL Loader & Unix scripts
- Created reports using Business Objects
Confidential,Mumbai, India Sep 2003 – Feb 2004
Data Modeler/ETL Developer
Confidential,have metamorphosed into Specialty Company and focused on development, manufacturing and supply of Amino Acids, Nutritional Supplements and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) for Pharmaceutical, Nutraceuticals and Food industries. Bajaj healthcare Ltd. in its shot life span has gained loyalty from national and international customers and products and got good fame in the overseas market.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 5.1, PowerMart, Workflow Manager , Workflow Monitor, Cognos 6.x, Oracle 8i, Erwin, UNIX Shell Scripts, TOAD, SQL * Loader, Windows NT, Teradata.
- Analyzed the systems, architecture, met with end users and business units in order to define the requirements.
- Involved in the requirement definition and analysis in support of Data Warehousing efforts.
- Developed ETL mappings, transformations using Informatica Power Center
- Extensively used Informatica tools Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer,
- Implemented various Informatica transformations like Expression, filter, Aggregator, Router, Ranker, update strategy, joiner, Lookup, Sequence generator, stored procedure and Source Qualifier. To load the data from Staging area to DW
- Developed data Mappings between source systems and warehouse components using Mapping Designer.
- Checked the accuracy of data loaded into Teradata and assured the linkage of keys on the tables for the various bank systems
- Involved in analyzing source systems and designing the processes for Extracting Transforming and Loading the data to Teradata database
- Involved in the Performance Tuning.
- Created and ran sessions and workflows using Workflow Manager.
- Monitored the sessions and workflows using Workflow Monitor.
- Trouble shooting of connectivity problems. Looked up and read session, event and error logs for troubleshooting.
- Helped in generating reports using Cognos Power play