- Over 6+ years of IT Experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Support of Relational Database(OLTP), Data Warehousing Systems(OLAP) and Data Marts in Insurance, Financial, medical and Pharmaceutical domains.
- 5+ years of Data Warehousing in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using Informatica PowerCenter 9.X/8.X/7.X.
- Extensive experience to analyze data and convert it into datasets.
- Extensively used Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Worked on Informatica Designer Components - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet and Mapping Designers.
- Expertise in full life cycle development of building a Data ware house.
- Good understanding in Data Warehousing Methodologies using Ralph Kimball and Bill Inmon to solve the business problems.
- Well versed with Relational and Dimensional Modelling techniques like Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional Tables
- Data modeling experience in RDBMS Concepts, Normalization, surrogate keys.
- Extensive experience in integration of various heterogeneous data sources definitions like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Flat Files, Excel and XML files loaded data in to Data ware house and Data marts using Power center.
- Worked extensively in creating complex Mappings using various transformations like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Source Qualifier, Joiner, Rank, Sorter, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner and Update Strategy, Normalizer etc.
- Expertise in creating reusable transformations and mapplets.
- Implemented Slowly changing dimensions (type1, type2) and Change Data Capture (CDC) mappings.
- Strong skills in SQL and PL/SQL, backend programming ,creating database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Triggers and Packages.
- Worked on Performance tuning , Indexing and Partitioning techniques on Sources, Targets, Mappings and session levels in Informatica.
- Identified bugs in existing mappings by analysing the data flow and evaluating transformations using Informatica Debugger.
- Extensive experience in error handling and problem fixing in Informatica.
- Experienced in Code Migration, Version control, scheduling tools, Auditing, shared folders and Data Cleansing.
- Experienced at Creating effective Test data and development through Unit test cases to ensure successful execution of the data & used pager for notifying the alerts after successful completion.
- Experience in UNIX Shell Scripting and Autosys for scheduling the Workflows.
- Profound knowledge in coding the BTEQ Scripts, MLoad, Fast Load, TPUMP to perform data load in Teradata warehouse.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to learn quickly, with good analytical reasoning and adaptive to new and challenging technological environment.
- Strong Team working spirit, relationship management and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated to work and take independent responsibility and to prioritize multiple tasks.
Windows XP/VISTA/7, UNIX, LINUX, SOLARIS.
Informatica Power Center (Designer/workflow manager/workflow monitor)9.1/8.x/7.1.2.
Oracle11g/10g/9i,MS SQL Server 2000/7.0,SQL Server 2005, MS Access 2000, MySQL, Teradata.
SQL*plus, SQL loader, SQL developer, Excel and Power point, MS ACCESS, SQL * loader, Toad.
C, C++ , UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL.
Data Modeling Tool:
Autosys, Maestro And Tivoli.
COGNOS, Business Objects.
HTML, DHTML, Java, JSP.
UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting
Education: Bachelor’s in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Confidential,Madison, WI Oct’11 -present
Sr. Informatica Developer
Confidential,is a privatemutual companythat focuses onproperty, casualtyandauto insurance, but also offers commercial insurance,life,health, andhome owner’s coverage, as well asinvestmentandretirement planning products. The Project was to re-platform the existing umbrella insurance system for quoting, issuing and maintaining of umbrella policies from ‘Commercial platform’ to ‘Personal Auto platform’.
- Extensively worked with the business and data analysts in requirements gathering and to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Hands on experience in data modeling (logical and physical) for designing and developing the Data Marts and data ware housing using multi-dimensional models like such as snow flake schema or star schema for different insurances.
- Extensive experience in extraction of data from various sources like relational databases Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files, MS Access & XML Files and DB2.
- Involved in business analysis and technical design sessions with business and technical staff in ETL architecture and its design to develop Entity Relationship/data models, requirements document, and ETL specifications.
- Created mappings using transformations like source qualifier, joiner transformation, filter, update strategy, lookup transformation, rank transformations, expressions, aggregator and sequence generator to load the data from source to Data Staging Area, Data marts and to DW in oracle.
- Developed Mapplets and Worklets for reusability and to improve performance.
- Experience in versioning the whole process and retiring the old records using the built-in\'s DD_UPDATE, DD_DELETE, and DD_INSERT
- Extensively worked on Session parameters, Mapping variable/parameters and created Parameter files for imparting flexible runs of workflows based on changing variable values.
- Performed triggers, stored procedures for Complex mappings, and cursors for data extraction and to carry out updates of new fields.
- Experienced in performance tuning techniques to optimize SQL queries used in Informatica.
- Extensively used Informatica schedulers to schedule workflows.
- Designed and developed the logic for handling slowly changing dimension tables load by flagging the record using update strategy for populating the desired.
- Used Debugger wizard to remove bottlenecks at source level, transformation level, and target level for the optimum usage of sources, transformations and target loads.
- Worked extensively on SQL, PL/SQL using TOAD and UNIX Shell Scripts
- Extensively worked in Unit testing, User Acceptance Testing to check whether the data is loading into target, which was extracted from different source systems according to the user requirements.
- Handled creation, modifications, and documentation of Oracle Packages, Procedures, Functions, and Indexes.
- Actively involved in the production support.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1/8.6, Toad, Oracle 11g/10g, DB2-UDB, SQL Server 2000, XML, Unix AIX 5.2, Windows XP.
Confidential,Greensboro, NC Dec’10 – Oct’11
Sr. Informatica Developer
Confidential,is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company offers: annuities; life, group life and disability insurance, 401(k) and 403(b) plans, savings plans, and comprehensive financial planning and advisory services. The purpose of this project is to estimate Budget Planning for 2012. The Planning application is used by Lincoln Financial Group to prepare budget and plans. Planning is accessed via the web and business users are able to retrieve data from planning application using Informatica for Hyperion reports.
- Understood the Business point of view to implement coding using Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6.1.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6.1 to create and manipulate source definitions, target definitions, mappings, mapplets, transformations, re-usable transformations, etc.
- Involved in design and development of complex ETL coding in an optimized manner.
- Involved in extraction, transformation of data from Hyperion Planning cube, flat files, and Oracle tables to Hyperion Oracle tables.
- Redesigned some of the existing mappings in the system to meet new functionality.
- Optimized performance by tuning the Informatica ETL code as well as SQL
- Based on the requirements, used various transformation like Source Qualifier, Normalizer, Expression, Filter, Router, Update Strategy, Sorter, XML, Lookup, Aggregator, Joiner and Stored Procedure transformations in the mapping.
- Developed Informatica SCD Type-I and Type-II mappings.
- Involved in performance tuning of mappings, transformations and (workflow) sessions to optimize session performance.
- Implemented Error Rejection process to load bad/invalid records into a separate reject table.
- Used Informatica debugging techniques to debug the mappings and used session log files and bad files to trace errors occurred while loading.
- Developed workflow tasks like reusable Email, Event wait, Timer, Command and Decision.
- Created and scheduled sessions, jobs based on demand, run on time and run only once using Workflow Manager.
- Created parameter files to Dev, Test and Prod environments.
- Created Pre session and Post session commands.
- By using Autosys, created the job which runs a Perl script, the script in turn runs the PMCMD command to run a workflow.
- Involved in various testing activities like database testing, unit testing, system testing, performance testing and was also responsible for maintaining of testing metrics, defect tracking.
- Identified and debugged the errors before deploying and worked on migration of the maps and workflows from development to UAT and from UAT to Production.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1.1/8.6.1, Oracle 11g, Flat Files, TOAD, Autosys, Windows XP, UNIX
Confidential,Minneapolis, MI Sep’ 09 – Nov ‘10 Informatica Developer
Confidential,develops and manufactures innovative medical device technology and therapies to treat chronic disease worldwide. The project involves inserting, updating and monitoring the supply of instruments being sold out to the hospitals and indeed used by the customers.
- Involved in Analysis, Requirements Gathering and documenting Functional & Technical specifications.
- Analyzed the specifications and identifying the source data that needs to be moved to the data warehouse.
- Involved in data modeling with STAR and SNOWFLAKE schema techniques using Erwin.
- Participate in the prototype to add Facets data to IA data mart for use with Legacy data in reporting
- Partitioned tables, which have frequent inserts, deletes and updates to reduce the
Contention and to improve the performance.
- Upgraded Informatica v8.6 to v9.0.1 by installing hot fix patches.
- Designed the Data Warehousing ETL procedures for extracting the data from all source systems to the target system.
- Extensively used Transformations like Router, Lookup (connected and unconnected), Update Strategy, Source Qualifier, Joiner, Expression, Aggregator and Sequence Generator Transformations.
- Worked extensively with cache with the connected lookup Transformations.
- Designed and optimized the Mapping to load the data in slowly changing dimension.
- Created, scheduled, and monitored workflow sessions on the basis of run on demand,
run on time, using Informatica Power Center workflow manager.
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
- Developed batch Scripts to execute Oracle Warehouse Builder sessions to automate, using PMCMD utility.
- Debugged and sorted out the errors and problems encountered in the production environment.
- Determined various bottle necks and successfully eliminated them to great extent.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of the programs, ETL Procedures and processes.
- Wrote and modified UNIX Shell scripts to handle dependencies between workflows and log the failure information.
- Scheduling and monitoring automated daily and weekly jobs in Maestro.
- Involved in performing Unit testing and Integration testing.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5/7.1.3,IDQ, Maestro 4.0, Toad, Oracle 10g/9i, DB2-UDB, SQL Server 2000, XML, Unix AIX 5.2, Windows XP.
Confidential,Phoenix, AZ Oct’08 – Sep ‘09
Confidential,is a leading provider of higher education programs with its subsidiaries among
which, University of Phoenix is the main one. The current project is all improving the services for
the students and thereby extending the business by using the net promoter score value obtained
from the students feedback.
- Gathered Requirements from users, translated user inputs into ETL design documents.
- Implemented logical and physical data modelling with star schema techniques in data mart.
- Extensively worked on Informatica –source analyser, data warehouse designer, mapping designer, mapplet designer and transformations.
- Developed mappings using various transformation and reusable Transformations expression, filter, router, aggregator, update strategy, lookup, sequence generator and joiner for ETL using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked extensively on shortcuts to Sources and Targets in Shared folders to maintain uniformity across the repositories and allow other users to reuse the same shortcut in their mapping.
- Creating Sessions, Batches for data loads using Workflow Manager for Daily load.
- Developed Unix Shell scripts and used them in Informatica Pre- & Post- Session command tasks and Standalone Command tasks.
- Used Informatica features to implement Type II changes in slowly changing dimension tables.
- Worked in debugging using Session log and server files to trace causes of bottlenecks.
- Used windows scripting and scheduled PMCMD to interact with informatica server from command mode.
- Experienced in Unit testing of Informatica ETL process to ensure ETL logic.
- Used TOAD to run SQL queries.
- Scheduled Informatica Jobs through Autosys scheduling tool.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database.
- Monitor and communicate the availability of Informatica environment. Follow-up on tickets and fixing the issues.
- Documented the process for further maintenance and production support.
Environment: ETL Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.0, Golden gate, Micro Strategy, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL Developer, Erwin, Hadoop, Microsoft Tools(excel, visio etc).
Confidential,Hyderabad, India Mar’ 07-Oct’08
Jr. Informatica Developer
Confidential,is a large pharmaceutical company in India, and one of the world\'s leading pharmaceutical companies. They were working upon a strategic initiative to build an Integrated Data Warehouse (IDW) that will enable fact-based decision-making. The data warehouse was built to serve as a firm foundation for Business Intelligence and Data Analytics.
- Involved in full life cycle development including Design, ETL strategy, troubleshooting Reporting and Identifying facts and dimensions.
- Developed Informatica mappings, reusable transformations. Developed and wrote procedures for getting the data from the Source systems to the Staging and to Data Warehouse system.
- Extensively used transformations to implement the business logic such as Sequence Generator, Normalizer, Expression, Filter, Aggregator, Update Strategy, Source Qualifier and Joiner, Designed complex mappings involving target load order and constraint based loading
- Create/build and run/schedule workflows and worklets using the Workflow Manager.
- Performance Tuning of the Informatica Mappings by adopting Explain plans, cutting down query costs using Oracle hints, changing the mapping designs.
- Performed Unit Testing at development level, Source code migration and documentation.
- Managed the Metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the data warehouse.
- Managed users & roles for database security, Maintained system security, control and monitor user access to database.
- Assigned predefined profiles and roles to the users to maintain database security, CPU activity, idle time and quota management on table-spaces.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Erwin and Toad
Confidential,India Jun ’06 - Mar’07
Confidential,inventory includes different types of electronic goods. The main objective of the project is to provide integrated reports with information on retail sales data for Management’s better decision making.
- Created various database (Oracle 8i) objects like tables, views, functions, procedures, packages and Triggers etc.
- Created Forms and Reports for End Users using Forms and Reports 6i.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Trained End Users for Usage of the GUI.
- Identifying run time coding errors and resolving them.
- Provided production support by running the jobs and fixing the bugs.
- Documented the process for further maintenance and production support.
Environment: Oracle 8i, Forms and Reports 6i, Windows 2000, PL/SQL, Toad 7.6.