- Having 6 Years of total IT Experience in Informatica Power Center and Mainframe Technologies with a strong emphasis on analysis, coding, and testing.
- Experience in Development and Production Support.
- Extensively worked on data extraction, Transformation and loading data from various sources like Oracle, SQL Server and Flat files.
- Responsible for all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large scale data warehouses using Informatica Power Center.
- Strong experience in Data Warehousing and ETL using Informatica Power Center 8.6.
- Strong skills in Data Analysis, Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping for ETL processes.
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Extensive experience in ETL design, development and maintenance using Informatica Power Center 8.6.
- Well versed in developing the complex SQL queries, unions and multiple table joins and experience with Views.
- Well versed in UNIX shell scripting.
- Experienced at Creating effective Test data and development thorough Unit test cases to ensure successful execution of the data.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills using tool like PowerPoint.
- Experience in Mainframe projects like Enhancement and Support of Applications with PL1, COBOL, JCL, DB2 and IMS skills.
- Extensive Experience in handling the tools such as TSO/ISPF, File Manager, SPUFI, ENDEVOR and XPEDITOR.
- Experience in Java Language.
- Involved in requirement gathering session. (requirement Gathering)
- Experience in Telecom and Insurance domain.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, commitment, result - oriented, calm and focused while tackling challenging tasks.
- Knowledge in SDLC development
Data warehousing Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.6
Programming Skills: SQL, Java, HTML, UNIX Shell Scripting
Programming Languages (Mainframe): JCL,COBOL,CICS, PL1
Operating Systems: Unix, IBM Mainframe: OS/390, Windows XP/2000
Databases: Oracle, IMS-DB, DB2
Tools: /Utilities: Toad, Eclipse, TSO/ISPF, SPUFI,XPEDITER, ENDEVOR, File Manager, ASSIST (Ticket manager), Quality Center (Ticket manager)
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Involved in requirement gathering and creating different document as SR, HLD,AD etc;
- Developed ETL programs, workflows mappings using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Modified several of the existing mappings based on the user requirements and maintained existing mappings, sessions and workflows.
- Tuned the performance of mappings by following Informatica best practices and also applied several methods like partitioning to get best performance by decreasing the run time of workflows.
- Designed and created complex source to target mappings using various transformations like Aggregator, Look Up, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Sequence Generator, and Router Transformations.
- Design complex mappings involving constraint based loading, target load order.
- Use debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations and Create mapplets that provides reusability in mappings.
- Involve in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including performance tuning, rewriting of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used Informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Prepared SQL Queries to validate the data in both source and target databases.
- Worked on TOAD and Oracle SQL Developer to develop queries and create procedures and packages in Oracle.
- Created Test cases for the mappings developed and then created integration Testing Document.
- Prepared the error handling document to maintain the error handling process.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Automated the Informatica jobs using UNIX shell scripting.
- Created Java Programs which interacts with Informatica using Unix Shell scripting.
- Closely worked with the reporting team to ensure that correct data is presented in the reports.
- Interaction with the offshore team on a daily basis on the development activities.
- Analyze any Job or workflow failure and take the actions as required.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Handle ticket using QC as ticket monitoring tool.
- Handle Sonar and TDP-RM tool for the application.
- Used Version Controlling tool SVN to maintain the version of deployed code.
- Supports and maintain few applications of FriendsLife and always given high priority for the production issues. Analyze the production problems and take the action immediately.
- Monitoring of scheduled jobs for Overnight Batch Processing and provide support for online and batch applications.
- Conducting analysis of ABEND and issues faced by user and suggesting the best resolutions within SLA
- Perform code changes or data changes to fix the issue and perform testing in lower environment before deploying it into production.
- Written various Selcopies to perform the data change in IMS database.
- Prepared and Update various Run Book according to requirement changes.
- Identified and implement various performance improvement solutions.
- Involved in fixing the issues using Assyst (Online Issue Tracking Software)
- Involved in Unit Testing.
- Achieve Star Team award for the successful completion of transition for Friends Life Applications.
- Won the Spot Awards and client appreciation for application support and timely deliverables.
- Analyzed and debugged the application and data issues.
- According to requirement perform changes in the program. Created packages to deploy the code to the production environment
- Communicated well with team mates and also with other module members to avoid any discrepancies.
- Submitted the deliverables within deadlines.
- Used Xpeditor tool to debug the issues.