- Aiming at constant up gradation both professionally as well as personally in my career path with emphasis on sincerity in work to pursue a result oriented career in information and technology constituting challenging opportunities in a dynamic environment.
- 4.5 Years of experience in IT Industry including expertise in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Modelling, Testing, and support for Data warehousing applications and 2 years of experience as Lecturer in reputed engineering colleges in India.
- Involved in Full Life Cycle Development of building a Data Warehouse.
- Clear understanding of Data warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts with emphasis on ETL and life cycle development Using Power Center, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Knowledge of complete SDLC including Requirement Analysis, Requirement Gathering, Project Management, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively working as a team member as well as an individual.
- International Publication under IRACST on Security Threats in Mobile Ad - Hoc Network.
- Publication under JCT on Identification and Removal of malicious nodes in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network and Black Hole Attack in Wireless Ad-Hoc Network.
- International Publication under IJCA on Result analysis of Virtual IP address Configuration Protocol.
- International Conference on Virtual IP Generation and Allocation Technique in ICIIA, Singapore.
- National Publication under ISTE on Topic IPv4 versus IPv6.
ETL Tool: Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6/8.5/8.1/7.1 (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository manager and Informatica Server)
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, MS Access. Data Warehouse.
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java, Unix Scripting.
Operating System: RED HAT LINUX 5.0, UNIX (SOLARIS8, AIX) & WINDOWS NT/2000 Technologies: XML
Confidential, Pompano Beach, FL
ETL Informatica Developer
- Responsible for Business Analysis and Requirements Collection.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Parsed high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed and customized data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time
- Created Tables, Keys (Unique and Primary) and Indexes in the SQL developer.
- Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other relational databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository Manager.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, lookup, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Developed mapping parameters and variables to support SQL override.
- Used existing ETL standards to develop these mappings.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision, e-mail, command, worklets, Assignment, Timer and scheduling of the workflow.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse.
- Used Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD mappings to update slowly Changing Dimension Tables
- Modified existing mappings for enhancements of new business requirements.
- Involved in Performance tuning at source, target, mappings, sessions, and system levels.
- Prepared migration document to move the mappings from development to testing and then to production repositories.
- Constantly interacted with business users to discuss requirements.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
ETL Informatica developer
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites for the external mainframe files.
- Production Support has been done to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Performance tuning was done at the functional level and map level. Used relational SQL wherever possible to minimize the data transfer over the network.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including tuning, modifying of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations.
- Effectively worked on Onsite and Offshore work model.
- Pre and post session assignment variables were used to pass the variable values from one session to other.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Reviewed and analyzed functional requirements, mapping documents, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Performed unit testing at various levels of the ETL and actively involved in team code reviews.
- Identified problems in existing production data and developed one time scripts to correct them.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1 ,SQL Server 2008 R2, HP-UX