- An innovative, forward - thinking, proactive professional who has accomplished significant achievements in ETL, Data Warehousing through Analysis, Research, Problem-Solving, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance using Informatica, Oracle, DB2, Unix and Windows environments in Industry verticals like Insurance, Retail, Financial, Trading, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare.
- 9+ years of professional work experience and played Lead position for more than 5 years and expertise in Creating Complex Applications with strengths in software development life cycle, relational database development, product support, market analysis, and ability to quickly learn technologies.
- Worked face to face with the business customer and is articulate and professional in presentation.
Informatica Power Center: 6.x/7.x/8.x/9.x, Informatica Power Exchange 9.x, Informatica Power Exchange CDC for Oracle, Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management 9.x.
DBMS/RDBMS: Oracle: 11g//10g/9i/8i/7.x, SQL server, Microsoft Access, DB2 8.1
OPERATING SYSTEMS: UNIX, Linux, DOS, Windows XP/ 2003/2000/2008/ NT
LANGUAGES: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Programming, C, MS-Excel, Basic, COBOL.
REPORTING and ANALYSIS Tool: Business Object6.x, Hyperion Financial Management 9.x, OLAP HFM Financial reporting Training.
VERSION CONTROL System: PVCS, Tortoise SVN(Subversion), Microsoft Visual Source Safe
JOB SCHEDULING Tool: Autosys, ControlM
GUI Tools: Toad, SharePoint, Visual Basic, Visual FoxPro, ASP, SQL Developer WinSQL
BI Team Lead/ Product Engineer (ETL-Informatica)
- My primary responsibility is Informatica application development and administration within DEV, TEST, PROD and DR (Disaster Recovery) environments at Eagle ACCESS for both dedicated and multi-tenant MicroStrategy client deployments.
- Manage and Monitor Offshore team and provide daily oversight and direction for offshore team for any Informatica development.
- Manage and monitor onsite development team and Analyze, remove and proactively prevent roadblocks across teams to meet quality standards, project milestones and business objects.
- Involve in all phases of SDLC from requirement gathering, design, development, testing, Production, user training and support for production environment.
- Create complex mappings using various tools in Informatica Designer like Source Analyzer, Mapplet Designer and Mapping Designer.
- Performe data manipulations using various Informatica Transformations like Filter, Expression, Lookup (Connected and Un-Connected), Aggregate, Update Strategy, Normalizer, Joiner, Router, Sorter and Union.
- Developed Workflows using task developer, Worklet designer and workflow designer in Workflow manager and monitored the results using workflow monitor.
- Implemente slowly changing dimension methodology for accessing the full history of accounts.
- Optimizing performance tuning at source, target, mapping and session level
- Participate in weekly status meetings, and conducting internal and external reviews as well as formal walk through among various teams and documenting the proceedings.
- Handle production issues and outlined backup of Informatica environment. Identify root cause and implement resolution for production processing issues.
- Provide Informatica Admin task also like Setup and administer PowerCenter security, adding new users, Restrict permission etc.
- Work with different Client and Vendor.
- Assist with forecasting and planning for both applications functionality and capacity requirements in a rapidly growing, changing and complex environment.
- Define and implement best practices to deploy, configure, and migrate Informatica components and code in all Eagle ACCESS environments in support of multiple client projects.
- Help define the approach to enable client-specific extensions of core Informatica assets across the entire project life cycle.
- Participate in impact assessments for major releases, service packs, and patches (as needed) for all Informatica products from a system perspective; planning and executing installations/upgrades following organizational standards (e.g. SLAs, audit trail, ability to rollback, etc.).
- Coordinate prioritized support for all escalated activities.
- Maintain cross-business responsibilities by providing end-user support to multiple organizations within the company when issues arise.
- Define Disaster Recovery procedures for all Informatica components and conduct tests consistent with Eagle ACCESS best practice.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2012 Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, SQL/PLSQL, SQL Developer, Windows 7, MS Office Suite.
Sr. Applications Analyst, Program Specialist (ETL-Informatica)
- As Sr. application analyst of ETL Team, I am responsible for ETL/ Informatica development, administration and mentoring and also analyzing, designing and developing ETL strategies and code, writing ETL specifications for other developer,
- I work as an Informatica Admin and responsible for administration, installation, trouble-shooting, tuning, upgrade, and overall support. Also responsible for user access accounts, roles, setting standards, etc. Also maintain security, fix server related issue.
- Identifies requirements, defines scope, performs cost benefit analysis, and develops conceptual specifications to address complex business issues and problems.
- Worked with real time Change Data Capture environment to extract data from Operational System using PWX LogMiner CDC for Oracle.
- Partner with development resources to define, develop, test and deliver quality work products.
- Work closely with business community and system architects to understand data needs and translate requirements into integration workflows with appropriate monitoring controls.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user system problems. Applied both tactical and strategic principles to resolution process. Goal is to “Fix It Once, Fix It Right”.
- Delivers value through on-going end-user and/or technical support (Documentation, creation and presentation of training materials, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong commitment to Continuous Improvement in the areas of process and technology. Leverages EME tools and technologies to their fullest extend to maximize value to the business.
- Leverages leadership skills to provide functional and technical direction to other Applications Analysts and direct work of project teams.
- Strong ability to translate data use cases into ETL Workflows leveraging both batch and event driven solutions.
- Ability to recognize performance bottlenecks in workflows and to direct performance tuning efforts.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.3, Informatica power Exchange 9.1, PWX LogMiner CDC for Oracle, Oracle 11g, SQL/PLSQL, SQL Developer, Windows 7, MS Office Suite.
- Worked on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) starting from requirement analysis, design, development, coding, testing, debugging and implementation to support of ETL processes.
- Extensively worked on, from Data Extraction to Building Stage, Data warehouse, Data Mart including loading Dimension and Facts table.
- Work closely with Managers, Project Managers, Technical Product Managers, clients, subject-matter experts, and data modelers to obtain requirements, objectives, and business rules for projects.
- Involved in Star Schema Data Modeling design.
- Involved in Installation and Configuration of all Components of Informatica and SQL developer.
- Created complex and heavy ETL coding to moving data from various source system ( flat file, spreadsheet, IBM open Pages) into Oracle database using Informatica Mappings, Mapplets, various transformation, reusable components, Sessions, Work Flows, Worklet etc. as per the design documents/communication.
- Implemented CDC (Change Data Capture) to update the dimensional schema to identify, capture and deliver changes made to enterprise data sources in real-time.
- Implemented effective date range mapping (Slowly Changing dimension type2) methodology for accessing the full history of accounts and transaction information.
- Consistently involved in testing, debugging, performance tuning. Used Debugger for debugging Mappings, Designed and configured sessions with effective caching and logging. Resolved memory related issues like DTM buffer size, cache size to optimize session runs.
- Created Unix Parameter files.
- Troubleshoot and tune SQL..
- Fixed the Issues that come out of unit and Integration Testing and fix defects at the root cause as enhancement part of project.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.3, Oracle 11g, SQL, Sun Solaris Unix, Erwin 3.X Data Modeler, SQL Developer, Windows 2003, MS Office Suite.
IS Lead Application Developer
- Designed and developed the Informatica/ETL Mappings/Workflows for the Retail Data warehouse data extractions, data transformations, data staging, movement and aggregation. Also involved in loading and staging of Data Marts.
- Worked at every role within the lifecycle of the applications from architecting, to development and testing, to go live. And then with routine maintenance and production bug fixes, system enhancements, administration, and tuning.
- Played Project lead role in Unix Migration project. Formed a team with offshore and onshore people and successfully migrated code from Sun Solaris Unix box to IBM Unix box.
- Represented my team and worked alone and took all responsibilities for Informatica Migration project from Version 7 to version 8.3 and from version 8.3 to version 9. Successfully migrated 5 Applications
- Actively participated in defining requirements, functional specifications, designing documentation and testing strategies.
- Participated in creation of logical data models based on entity-relationship diagrams.
- Created data model through Erwin.
- Developed Profile, Unix shell scripts to automate Informatica Process.
- Maintained and Batch scripts and automated jobs scheduling jobs through Control-M.
- Performed Informatica code migrations to maintain programs and deployed through Version Control s/w Subversion.
- Modify and maintain the Oracle Metadata tables to support the Essbase cubes.
- Created Data map from mainframe Copybook through Informatica Power Exchange.
- Consistently involved in testing, debugging, performance tuning. Used Debugger for debugging Mappings, Designed and configured sessions with effective caching and logging. Resolved memory related issues like DTM buffer size, cache size to optimize session runs as well as SQL Queries Optimization.
Environment: Informatica Power Center7.x/8.x/9.x, Informatica Power Exchange, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL, Sun Solaris Unix, Linux, Erwin 3.X Data Modeler, Toad for Oracle, Windows 2003, Subversion, Control-M, WS FTPPRO, WinScp, MS Office Suite, MS Visio.