- Thirteen years of diversified experience in the field of Information Technology and Data warehousing using Informatica PowerCenter. Developing Strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism - using Informatica.
- Extensive experience in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including System Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Maintenance and Enhancement in variety of technological platforms with special emphasis on Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence applications.
- Complete understanding of Soft Ware Development methodologies like waterfall, Agile etc.
- Data Processing experience in designing and implementing Data Mart applications, mainly transformation processes using Informatica PowerCenter .
- Extensively worked on Informatica PowerCenter Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Normalizer, Joiner, Update Strategy, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator.
- Good knowledge in OLAP and OLTP process.
- Proficiency in using Informatica Power Center tool to design data conversions from wide variety of sources.
- Strong in Data warehousing concepts, dimensional Star Schema and Snowflake Schema methodologies
- Extensively provided end to end 24/7 Production Support by monitoring data into a complex highvolume environment using Quick Base ticket logging system.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and E-R modeling, developing Database Schemas like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema used in relational, dimensional and multi-dimensional modeling.
- Proficient in using Informatica workflow manager, Workflow monitor to create, schedule and control workflows, tasks, and sessions
- Experience in Performance tuning of the Informatica and Oracle.
- Expertise in implementing complex Business rules by creating complex mappings / mapplets, shortcuts, reusable transformations and Partitioning Sessions.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of sources, targets, mappings, transformations and sessions.
- Extensively worked on L1 & L2 production support related issues and analyses issue priority and address to L3 team with details and follow up on items.
- Responsible for creating conference calls for groups to discuss incidents that are production related, time or scheduled related incidents.
- Coordinate with DEV teams and work with support teams to move fixes to production.
- Hands on experience using query tools like TOAD, SQL Developer, PLSQL developer
- Experience in working with Informatica Admin team on installing Informatica server, power center client in Development, QA and Prod machines.
- Experienced with working on Onshore Offshore Support Model and shifts.
- Experience in working with production support team and Change management and Incident Management and Deployment Management teams.
- Experience in using the Informatica command line utilities like pmcmd to execute workflows in non-windows environments.
- Extensively worked on various databases including Oracle 10g, SQL Server, DB2, and Teradata.
- Experience in Integration of various data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, and Flat Files
- Extensively worked with SQL loader for bulk loading into the oracle database.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting, CRON, FTP and file management in various UNIX environments.
- Proficient in understanding business processes / requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Highly adept at creation, execution, testing and debugging of Informatica mappings, mapplets, sessions, tasks, worklets and workflows in UNIX and Windows environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment or in a rapid pace environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Willing to relocate: Anywhere
- Authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Informatica Certified in Architecture and Administration Power Center 7
- Informatica Certified in Advanced Mapping Designer PowerCenter 7
- Informatica Certified in Mapping Designer PowerCenter 7
Designation Technical Lead
- Coordinate with offshore Team to improve the applications to run efficiently within the nightly schedule window and meets the business requirements.
- Provide development support, including walk through approvals, to other ETL application resources to insure that standards are followed and optimized workflow is implemented.
- Coordinate and work with multiple development teams, outside vendors and other support areas for making improvements in the nightly schedules or correcting bugs.
- Provide on-call support as needed and worked with internal and external resources to resolve production issues in a timely manner Ensure production environment stability and level of performance
- Analyze problems or issues with a range of complexity from limited to moderate, escalating the most complex. Collaborate with other IS technical groups as required on problem determination, solution implementation, and thorough documentation of progress and results
- Apply expert judgement and professional discretion to track ticket patterns, understand business system impacts, determine priority and course of action for escalating tickets
- Manage and track all incidents and metrics, monitor and facilitate escalation of requests using IPM software.
- During weekend as primary (on call) shifts, coordinated with upstream and downstream applications implementation that includes, application updates, DB upgrades, UNIX upgrades and scheduled downtimes for maintenance.
- As Technical Lead apart from working on call issues, also have experience working on manually assigned incident ITSM tickets such as moving processing Prod data to different lower level UAT environments as requested by the clients.
- Manage and own application Bugs and incident life cycle, and drive those to permanent resolutions, implement preventive measures to avoid repetitive issues.
- Experienced in taking complete responsibility of driving incidents/ major problems to the resolution and documenting the resolution in knowledge base.
- Provided L1 & L2 support on multiple applications across Data Management horizontal primarily met customer expectations on SLA and Process.
- Investigation of underlying cause of day to day production issues and drive through resolution independently.
- Daily spot check of system health, monitoring the main jobs and File Request Process. Responsible for 24 x 7 production system support, including off hours and weekend 'on call' production support responsibilities.
- As a Production support analyst strengthening and driving Production Services service delivery capability, reinforcing SME knowledge in the team and across all regions.
- Maintain and own bug management and incident resolution process Communicate with stakeholders in case of delays or SLA breaches Resolve bugs within defined service levels.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system like Change Management and Incident Management.
- Carrying out ETL, monitoring jobs, fixing issues and tracking tickets etc.
- Scheduling of jobs & Responsible for Monitoring of Jobs and re running if gets aborted.
- Responsible for Production Support to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Informing stakeholders for any outage observed & assure them to give a speedy resolution for the same also updating status of progress of restoration work.
- Perform custom, ad-hoc data analysis and reporting based on stakeholder requests within SLA.
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong technical background and good inter-personal skills, Quick learner and excellent team player.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6, Oracle 11g, SQL Assistant, MS UNIX, Perl Script, Win CVS, Putty, SQL Developer, MS Xcel, Flat files.
- Worked closely with the Business analysts and attended meetings to gather and discuss the requirements for enhancements and defect fixes for various projects
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement, design, development, testing and support for production environment.
- Resolved Production issues and helped in promoting the code to different environments for testing needs and participated in the deployment group.
- Participate in project status meetings, peer reviews and other events with developers to get the status of the deliverables.
- Analyzed and Identified the Tables/Views, Procedures and ETL objects that need to be migrated and prepared necessary Documentation.
- Worked on complete life cycle from Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data using Informatica.
- Monitored day to day Loads, Addressed & resolved Production issues in an abrupt & timely manner and provided support for the ETL jobs running in Production in order to meet the SLA's.
- Provided support and quality validation through test cases for all stages of Unit and Integration testing.
- Worked with several facets of the Informatica PowerCenter tool - Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing Designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer. Development of Informatica mappings for better performance.
- Developed mappings using Mapping Designer and worked with Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Router, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including tuning, modifying of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Configured the sessions using workflow manager to have multiple partitions on Source data and to improve performance. Understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional database design.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Involved in migrating objects to different environments using Deployment groups and Labels.
- Prepared various documents like ETL Specification doc, Technical Design doc, Run Book etc.
- Worked with Informatica Partitioning when dealing with huge volumes of data and worked on parallelism in loads by partitioning workflows using Pipeline, Round-Robin, Hash, Key Range and Pass-through partitions.
- Creating and modifying existing Technical Design Specification document and other client deliverables for different releases.
- Coordinated and interacted with other teams to maintain integrity in performing the tasks and execution of the loads appropriately in a timely manner.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 11g, SQL Developer, UNIX, Notepad+ +, WinCVS, Putty, Flat files.
- Data Warehousing ETL Informatica PowerCenter 9.x/ 8.x/7.x/6.x/5.x
- Warehouse Designer
- Transformation Developer
- Mapplet Designer
- Mapping Designer
- Repository Manager
- Workflow Manager
- Workflow Monitor and Informatica Server) ETL
- Data Mart