- 12+ years’ of Informatica experience in various capacities including high level design of end - to-end integration and solutions consultant, lead technical support, administrator, architect and developer positions.
- Good knowledge in Advanced Data Warehousing architecture and methodologies, ETL integration and master data technologies.
- Good experience with isolating and resolving cross functional issues by working collaboratively with technical and business resources alike.
- Excellent ability to gather and understand business requirements and translate into IT solutions with the use of BI tools.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and decision making skills.
Data Integration Consultant
- Develop ETL processes, update existing ETL processes and assist automating ETL jobs to meet the demands placed with new data collections requests that have been identified and assigned.
- Testing methods are being developed to validate with business.
Analyst - EDM Data Integration
- Primarily responsible for the ongoing delivery of data integration services associated with supporting all aspects of the Informatica software client and server tools portfolio that includes - PowerCenter Advanced Edition (AE); B2B Data Transformation (DT) and Data Exchange; HIPPA, HL7 validation using Edifecs engine; IDQ and Address Doctor; Metadata Manager and Business Glossary; TDM/Persistent Data Masking; WebServices Hub in PC Domain
- Led Informatica software upgrade from 9.5.1HF4 to 10.1, coordinating with business, on both AIX and RHEL platforms; handled 24x7 on call production support on all products.
- Critical role in the EDM team supporting the Shared Services Informatica ETL platform -including repository (PC, MM, Domain) maintenance; build and maintain SQL repository queries for PC metadata and admin activities; code deployment across SDLC regions; manage shared folders and shortcuts; create shell scripts in AIX and Linux as required; Autosys integration of Powercenter workflows.
- Deliverables were met on time and business needs were met.
Sr. Consultant - Data Integration/Public Sector
- Powercenter SE/AE/RT editions upgrade from 7.x,8.x to 9.5.1 across non-prod and production environments
- Implement HA/Grid solutions for failover and load balancing.
- Implement Proactive Monitoring for Powercenter Operations and Governance (PMPC)
- Involved in Powercenter tuning to improve the ETL load performance and throughput.
- Implemented our Data Validation (DVO) product to assist the client with their QA/testing efforts.
- Deliverables were met on time and business needs were met.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Perform data analysis, design, build and unit test ETL Informatica code to extract data from the CDE data warehouse and Excel files to populate the tables required to generate Cognos reports and provide process documentation to support the workflows.
- Resolve, document and reconcile data inconsistencies identified with the requirements.
- Perform Informatica Administration duties and coordinate ETL code deployments.
- Built additional repository for QA/UAT and for special projects as required by the business.
- Responsible for daily operational maintenance of Powercenter repositories, upgrade plans, coordinate database and file server outage plans, monitor resource usage and provide after-hour support as required.
- The deliverables were met on time and business users were satisfied. Provide ongoing support on as-needed basis.
ETL Informatica Designer/Production Support Engineer
Confidential, Pleasanton, California
- Build Informatica workflows and mappings following strict naming and coding standards.
- Work with existing functionality for UNIX automation, status and reporting runtime functionality, ensuring satisfactory response time with the database connectivity and system command interfaces.
- Utilize Unix Shell Scripts for automaton of Informatica runtime components and CRON scheduling in a RHEL and AIX environments, including interfaces to other systems, control tables, logging.
- Interact with Business teams and Analytical Teams on a limited basis.
- Implement best practices on new Informatica implementations with cross environmental considerations (dev-qa-prod).
- Involvement and contribution to complex Schedules (Tivoli Maestro/ UNIX cron), set priorities and implement action plans.
- Facilitates knowledge transfer and mentors other team members.
- Conduct peer design and code reviews and evaluate the quality of mappings and workflows.
- Work with development team to build and maintain technical documentation in accordance with business specification and other activities to ensure successful implementation.
- Developed code to integrate PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) feeds to ODS using ETL.
- Provided on-call night/weekend ETL support and handled production issues, to maintain the ETL code, UNIX scripts and the SLA to meet the business deliverables. Coordinate with vendors and other teams, as necessary, to get the issues resolved.
Tools: and Environment: Oracle 11gR2, Golden-gate CDC, Informatica 8.6.1 p12, 9.0.1 Power Center, Grid option, TOAD 10.1.1.8, Linux, Subversion (SVN), Drools BRMS, Tivoli Maestro
ETL Edfacts Programmer
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Perform data analysis, design, build and unit test ETL Informatica code to extract data from the CDE data warehouse, MS Access and Excel files to deliver EdFacts reports.
- Work closely with EdFacts coordinator to ensure timely review and approval of Federal data submission by the appropriate business unit.
- Resolve and document data quality issues identified by the Federal data submission system.
- Work with IMS team to interpret EdFacts file specifications and requirements and respond to questions from the business unit.
- Work with IMS team to ensure the required data is populated in the data warehouse to meet timely reporting requirements.
- Work closely with Special Business Unit together as a team to develop reporting systems and documentation, and to provide regional to local administrative units to assure that all required data will be submitted in a timely and valid manner.
- Build Cognos models in accordance with business requirements, publish and update packages to Cognos Connection.
- Proficient in report authoring, change the layouts of the report, filter and sort data, add formatting and create charts to support business initiatives.
- Enhance existing reports with the change requested for the business users to better understand the data and to fulfill the federal/business reporting requirements.
- Create and deliver power cubes using Transformer for more summarized analysis, by adding the required metadata from packages, reports and other data sources, model the needed dimensions, and customizing the measures.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of reports, cubes, models, dashboards and reporting solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining BI models, standards, policies and guidelines.
Tools: and Environment: Oracle 10g, Informatica 8.1.1, 8.6.1 p2 Power Center, TOAD 10.1.1.8, Cognos 8.3 BI (Framework Manager, Transformer, Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio), Linux, CVS
Confidential, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- Perform Informatica Administration duties and coordinate Informatica Software Migrations.
- Responsible for the overall Administration and production support activities of the Informatica Environment. Maintaining all 13 Informatica Power Center Repositories.
- Building and upgrading new and existing Informatica Power Center Servers as needed; Applying Software upgrades and patches as required.
- Managing the migration of all Informatica Objects and session parameter files.
- Developing and Maintaining Informatica Environment and Development Standards to be used in conjunction with Informatica’s Velocity Methodology. The project is to deliver a fully populated ODS to serve the integration and reporting needs of strategic projects.
- Acting as Primary Contact with the Vendors on Service requests and Problem resolution.
- Involved in the data conversion process to migrate core data from Peoplesoft to BP Portal.
- Actively involved in the architecture design and ETL Informatica development activities of building Operational Data Stores (ODS) to support Operational and Analytical Reporting.
- Involved in the de-duplication efforts of data in multiple systems.
- Responsible for maintaining ODS to be used by other data integration projects.
- Interact with Windows admin, SQL server dba and developers to maintain Powercenter instances and to troubleshoot issues and perform root-cause analysis.
- Participate in technical briefings and peer code reviews, QA/UAT testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance of ETL systems integration.
Tools: and Environment: SQL server 2000, SQL server 2005, Oracle 9i, Informatica 7.1.3 & 7.1.4 Power Center, Informatica 5.2.2 PowerExchange Navigator & RTCDC, PowerExchange 8.1.1 sp3, Firstlogic, Windows Server 2003, Business Objects XI, ASG-ZENA scheduler
- Designed, developed and unit tested ETL Informatica code to extract data (Journal files) from legacy systems from monthly and daily production runs implementing complex business logic.
- Configured Informatica development and production hardware and software on Linux and Solaris platforms and environment readiness.
- Data extracted from Oracle and mainframe sources, transformed, validated and loaded into SAP R/3 systems.
- Participated in other Information Systems related activities to support the development.
- Trained onsite resources in the ETL implementation as part of knowledge transfer.
Tools: and Environment: Linux, Solaris, Oracle9i, Informatica 7.1.2, SAPBW, Autosys
ETL solutions consultant
- Performed analysis of systems and business information requirements on the Business Objects Migration and Informatica upgrade needs.
- Involved in the high level infrastructure assessments and technical Gap Analysis of the system status, current requirements, and developed project plan based on the findings. The plan was to design and develop a new Facility Data Mart to serve as a Facility Dimension for both existing In-Patient (IP) and Emergency Department and Ambulatory Surgery (EDAS) data marts and Enterprise reporting. The Data Mart is on HP BL45p server and EMC SAN running on Oracle 10g.
- Plan was accepted by the end-user for deployment.
Tools: HP BL45p server, Oracle10g, Informatica 6.2, Business Objects 5.1.4, EMC SAN