- 7 years of Data Warehousing ETL experience using Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1/8.5/7.1.
- Experience working on relational databases such as Oracle 10g/9i SQL Server 2008/2005/7.0 Sybase 12 11.0 IBM UDB DB2 8.0/7.0 and MS Access.
- ETL/Informatica Developer with comprehensive IT experience in Analysis design development and Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse techniques ETL OLAP OLTP Client/Server and Web applications on Windows and Unix platforms in various verticals.
- Extensive work experience with Powercenter configuration and migration.
- Possess expert level skills in scripting across the UNIX and windows environment.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling using Erwin.
- Dimensional Data Modeling expertise using Star Snow Flake schemas.
- Experience working on Dataquality tools Informatica IDQ 9.1 Informatica MDM 9.1 .
- Expertise in working with various sources such as Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8x SQL Server 2008/2005 DB2 8.0/7.0 UDB Netezza Teradata flat files XML COBOL Mainframe.
- Business Intelligence experience using Business Objects 6.5/6.0 and ProClarity.
- Extensive experience with SQL/PLSQL.
- Good Experience with Mortgage Banking / Finance Health Insurance Manufacturing Retail Domains.
- Extensive experience with ETL tool Informatica in designing and developing complex Mappings and Mapplets.
- Development and testing of reports over BI tools like Business Objects and Cognos 8.2.
- Experience in using Automation Scheduling tools like Autosys Tidal Control-M Tivoli Maestro scripts.
- Expertise in scheduler tools like Autosys and Espresso.
- Possess sound knowledge required to work in and support the business and technology requirements of the compliance department.
- Proficient in the Integration of various data sources with multiple relational databases like Oracle11g /Oracle10g/9i MS SQL Server DB2 Teradata VSAM files and Flat Files into the staging area ODS Data Warehouse and Data Mart.
- Extensively worked with Change Data Capture CDC in all my previous projects.
- Expert level proficiency with the compliance tool called Fortent.
- Possess sound business knowledge related to various areas of wealth management like portfolios securities performance ratings etc.
- Data Warehousing Informatica PowerCenter 9.5/9.1/8.5/7.1 Informatica Data Quality IDQ Informatica Power Analyzer ETI Specialist SSIS Mapping Analyst Excel OLAP OLTP CUBES
- Data Modeling Erwin 4.1/ Sybase Power Designer 12 TOAD
- Business Intelligence Business Objects 6.5 ProClarity DataNomics Crystal Reports 9/10/11 Business Objects XI/6.5
- Scheduling Tools Autosys Espresso 4.2 Informatica Powercenter Scheduler
- Programming SQL PL/SQL UNIX Shell Scripting VBScript XML C
- Databases DB Tools Oracle 10g/9i SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 SYBASE 12.5/11.0 IBM UDB DB2 8.0/7.0 Toad 9.7.2 Sybase Power Designer Embarcadero Rapid SQL 7.4.2
- Operating Systems Windows 2000/XP Sun Solaris 5.10/5.5
- Financial Applications Fortent Search Space Trade Link REM
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer
Confidential is a leader in providing innovate financial products and services designed to make banking easy and convenient. As one of the nation s top five banks by deposits and branches well-positioned to meet the credit and banking needs of customers
- Understand the business flow and analyze business and control gaps in support of Trade Surveillance capabilities across Markets Surveillance Information Barrier Surveillance etc.
- Analyzed data flows data mapping and data transformations from source to target systems.
- Developed a mapping document which showed a high level view of the processes related to the Actimize critical fields from the Actimize-Engine to its originating sources.
- Analyzed ETL code stored procedures and shell scripts.
- Involved in the POC to evaluate the feasibility and effort of implementing Informatica MDM as opposed to utilizing the existing Nextgate EMPI and Provider Registry.
- Used IDQ Informatica Data Quality to extract transform and load ETL rules and source-to-target mappings to derive additional business rules for data quality checks.
- Worked with NZSQL scripts NZLOAD commands to load the data to Netezza target
- Developed/Enhanced the complex mappings Workflows to Extract Transform Load data from different source systems like Oracle Flat files Excel to Target Oracle systems.
- Utilized Informatica IDQ Data Analyst Developer for dataprofiling and matching/removing duplicate data fixing the bad data fixing NULL values.
- Worked with Informatica Power Exchange as well as Informatica cloud to load the data into salesforce.com
- Created pre-session post session pre-sql post sql commands in Informatica.
- Developed scripts in BTEQ to import and export the data.
- Used Teradata utilities fast load multiload tpump to load data from various source systems
- Used Informatica PowerCenter 9.1 for extracting Oracle flat files for Data Extraction Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and also tuned them for better performance.
- Developed sql queries to generate reports pertaining to informatica metadata.
- Developed informatica mappings workflows to populate necessary data instances.
- Developed scripts in BTEQ to import and export the data.
- Investigated data drops at various stages and performed root cause analysis on the same.
- Used Datanomics to profile data related to trades watch lists restricted list OTW accounts.
- Developed test strategies and test cases to validate the existing processes.
- Document the findings as per the standards of Wells Fargo.
- Environment Informatica PowerCenter 9.5/9.1 Datanomics ETL SQL Server 2012/2008 Oracle 11g/10g Perl Unix Java Putty Autosys Actimize Mantas DB2 Netezza Teradata MDM IDQ Quest Toad Central 9.1 SQL SQL PLUS Oracle
Sr. Informatica Developer
Confidential is an operating division of UnitedHealth Group the largest single health carrier in the United States. They strive to improve the quality and effectiveness of health care. They also use technology to make health care system easier and efficient.
- Gathered requirements from Business users and created a Low level technical design documents using high level design document.
- Participated in the Design Meetings and prepared technical and mapping documentation.
- Designed Developed and Supported Extraction Transformation and Load ETL Processes using Informatica Power Center 9.5 for data migration from source systems into ICD-10 Data warehouse.
- Written Pre and Post Session SQL commands DDL DML to drop and recreate the indexes on data warehouse
- Developed complex Informatica mappings using Unconnected Lookup Sorter and Aggregator and Router transformations for populating target table in efficient manner.
- Extensively worked on developing Continuous Change Data CDC .
- Developed Slowly Changing Dimension Mappings for Type 1 and Type 2.
- Performance tuned the Mappings Tasks Sessions SQL and Scripts to optimize Data-Load performance.
- Used data services for data profiling of sources between SQL Server and Oracle sources.
- Involved in massive data profiling using IDQ Analyst tool prior to data staging.
- Developed process for Teradata using Shell Scripting and RDBMS utilities such as MLoad Fast Load Teradata .
- Extensively used pmcmd commands on command prompt and executed UNIX Shell scripts to automate workflows and to populate parameter files.
- Provided solution the Data Quality and Data Cleansing tracks for the MDM project.
- Load monitoring the Support Process by failure reporting and failure handling in Teradata.
- Worked on error handling and performance tuning in Teradata queries and utilities.
- Experience in writing Teradata scripts and gave them to DBA s for implementing in Production database tables.
- Worked in highly structured division across Infra developers/Data Architects data modeling team /DBAs/ Change Management etc.
- Conformed to project standards for Unit test/UAT testing. Carried out end to end testing and supported UAT effort with immediate requirement document change/fixes/resolution for all changes/defects.
- Environment Informatica Power Center 9.5.1 Power Exchange 9.5.1 IDQ 9.5.1 Teradata V2R12 Oracle 11g SQL Server 2008 SQL UNIX Shell Scripts Windows 7.
Confidential is a health care company. It develops new technologies medicines and therapies to make wound healing more manageable for caregivers and more comfortable for patients around the world.
- Responsible for ETL setup for data transfer and data integration across different applications RDBMS flat files and mainframe systems.
- Installed and configured the powercenter Server 7.1 repositories and its services.
- Extracted data from flat files and loaded them into Oracle and Sybase tables.
- Generated fixed width files which were named dynamically in the format specified by Fortent.
- Developed an automated process to load watchlist files sent by Compliance on an adhoc basis.
- Utilized transformations mapplets and worklets to design and implement a superior ETL process.
- Developed stored procedures that would populate certain tables in the Data Hub.
- Utilized HINTS explain plan etc while developing and modifying stored procedures materialized views and other database objects.
- Proactively resolved open defects against MDM and other subject areas
- Developed an audit system and maintained hash reports for ETL processes.
- Performed administrative tasks related to environment setup migration access Control as well as system backup and maintenance.
- Setting up Alert Notification using Informatica s email task and unix utilities.
- Developed powercenter startup scripts as well as shell scripts for dynamic file name creation audit checks file system backup TAR file transmission etc.
- Design and schedule the autosys process to execute daily weekly and monthly jobs.
- Documenting the entire Fortent Application process as per the bank s Audit requirements.
- Supported the Fortent application on a daily 24 7 basis.
- Upgrading and migrating powercenter from version 7.1 to 8.5.1.
- Analyzed the Service Oriented Architecture SOA and its capability in a HA High Availability environment.
- Environment Informatica PowerCenter 8.1/8.5.1 Oracle 10g/9i Sybase 12.5.1 TOAD 9.5/8.5 Rapid SQL 7.4.2 Autosys Reflection Unix tool Sun Solaris 5.10/5.5 Fortent 5.5 TLTF 5.0.
Sr. Informatica Developer
Confidential Bank is a leading Investment and wealth management banking company involved in financial services. Collectively implemented an end-to-end global financial solution to strengthen and integrate internal controls and reporting reduce overall costs of financial systems create operational efficiencies and global standards for Finance and Human Resources. Project was executed in phases building up from extraction computation logic dimension models and populating data using Informatica.
- Translated requirements into business rules made recommendations for innovative IT solution
- Involved in analyzing scope of application defining relationship within between groups of data star schema etc.
- Analysis of star schema in dimensional modeling and Identifying suitable dimensions and facts for schema.
- Involved in the Design and development of Data Mart and populating the data from different data sources using Informatica.
- Documented data conversion integration load and verification specifications.
- Parsing high-level design spec to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Maintained warehouse metadata naming standards and warehouse standards for future application development.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from wide range of sources such as flat files and Oracle to XML Documents.
- Worked with the various enterprise groups to document user requirements translate requirements into system solutions and produce development testing and implementation plan and schedule.
- Used transformations like Joiner Expression Connected and Unconnected lookups Filter Aggregator Store Procedure Rank Update Strategy Java Transformation Router and Sequence generator.
- Developed documented and executed unit test plans for the components
- Involved in Informatica administrative work such as creating Informatica folders repositories and managing folder permissions.
- Worked with ETL Developers and SQL Server DBA Team
- Collected performance data for sessions and performance tuned by adjusting Informatica session parameters.
- Used XML schema to extract data from Oracle Teradata into XML using Export Option in Informatica.
- Created pre-session and post-session shell scripts and mail-notifications.
- Developed Shell scripts using UNIX to drop and recreate indexes and key constraints.
- Used TOAD to develop oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures.
- Extensively worked on the Informatica Designer Repository Manager Repository Server Workflow Manager/Server Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Created Workflows containing command email session decision and a wide variety of tasks to load the data into Target database.
- Scheduled batch and sessions within Informatica using Informatica scheduler and also wrote shell scripts for job scheduling.
- Employed performance tuning to improve the performance of the entire system.
- Performed Pipeline partitioning to speed up mapping execution time.
- Creating the design and technical specifications for the ETL process of the project.
- Used Informatica as an ETL tool to create source/target definitions mappings and sessions to extract transform and load data into staging tables from various sources.
- Maintain Development Test and Production mapping migration Using Repository Manager. Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including performance tuning.
- Environment Informatica PowerCenter 7.1 Power Center Designer workflow manager workflow monitor Power connect Oracle 9i/10g XML PL/SQL Developer SQL Server 2005 UNIX Business Objects 6.5 Windows XP TOAD
Role Informatica Developerb
Confidential is one of the leading health insurance companies providing innovative health plans dental and vision benefits pharmacy benefit management services life insurance and other short term healthcare plans. Confidential has three data warehouses running within the enterprise to support the business needs of individual organizations. To better integrate and leverage information Confidential recently created the first active enterprise data warehouse EDW in the healthcare insurance industry that captures claim information within one day of an event such as an office visit or hospital discharge as opposed to the traditional lag of three to six weeks found in most health insurer data warehouses.
- Worked with business analysts to identify appropriate sources for Data warehouse and to document business needs for decision support data.
- Designed the ETL processes using Informatica to load data from Oracle Flat Files XML Files to target Oracle Data Warehouse database.
- Performed data manipulations using various Informatica Transformations like Joiner Expression Lookup Aggregate Filter Update Strategy and Sequence Generator etc.
- Involved in creating logical and physical data modeling with STAR and SNOWFLAKE schema techniques using Erwin in Data warehouse as well as in Data Mart.
- Written per session and post session scripts in mappings.
- Created sessions and workflow for designed mappings.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of the programs ETL Procedures and processes.
- Worked with Operational Data Store ODS .
- Developed PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database.
- Migrated the mapping to the testing and production department and introduced the concepts of Informatica to the people in testing department.
- Environment Informatica7.1 ORACLE 9i SQL Server 2005 XML Windows NT UNIX Shell Programming Erwin.
Role ETL Developer
Confidential the leading company in mobile communication is one of top 500 fortune companies in mobile technology. Confidential technologies are powering the convergence of mobile communications and consumer electronics making wireless devices and services more personal affordable and accessible to people everywhere.
- Designing of Job Flows.
- Developing Jobs which will pull the data from source tables and process it and finally insert into the target tables
- Involved in developing the PL/SQL procedures which are part of the horizon job.
- Integration of Job Flows to make the job streams.
- Involved in the development of Data Mapping and Design Process documents for the ETL processes.
- Prepared high-level design document for extracting data from complex relational database tables data conversions transformation and loading into specific formats.
- Involved in Dimensional Modeling using Star schema and Snow Flake schema for faster effective query processing and Business Analysis Requirements.
- Used SQL tools like TOAD to run SQL queries and validate the data in warehouse.
- Extended logic for some of the existing mappings in the system to meet enhancement procedures.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions Type I and Type II in various mappings.
- Efficient in writing SQL Queries
- Written PL/SQL Procedures Function and Package UNIX Shell Scripts to perform database operations.
- Validation and Testing of the ETL work products.
- Done Unit Testing for the developed jobs.
- Creation of database objects like Tables Views Procedures Functions and Triggers.
- Optimized the queries to improve the performance of the application.
- Created Batch Jobs and UNIX Scripts to automate the process.
- Worked on Production support most of the time to resolve Issues quickly.
- Used Informatica debugger to trace out Issues in mappings.
- Created documentation to trace out new design techniques easily.
Environment Horizon - ETL PL/SQL Linux Toad Oracle 10g/9i Unix Korn Shell Scripting Windows XP Professional Windows XP/2000.