Seeking a career as Junior Oracle Database Administrator to leverage a company’s investment as well as provide an opportunity for advancement.
- A self - motivated, responsible and reliable team player with a set of strong technical skills.
- Database software installation, patch and upgrade to development, test and production servers.
- Expertise in the creation of databases, table spaces, tables, indexes and other database objects. for effectively working with diverse groups of people and adaptability to changing environments.
- Modify database structures as required by developers due to business or application requirements, clone development databases for testing and .
- Develop capacity and performance metrics as well as maintain, analyze, and report on a scheduled periodic basis to management on development progress.
- Excellent in the use of the import and SQL Loader utilities to load data and performing exports as supplemental to daily hot, cold and RMAN backups to be used for database restore and recovery.
- Strong in solving problems of diverse scope where technical analysis and evaluation is required.
- Excellent idea in editing and scheduling shell and batch scripts to execute full exports for data migration.
- Results-driven IT personnel with skills in team building and problem-solving with an established reputation
- Set up and manage database security by creating new users, roles, profiles, and provide required user privileges in development, test, and production environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of Real Application Cluster (RAC) and Data guard.
- SQL, PL/ SQL
- Unix and Linux systems and Windows OS skills (MS Office XP, MS Networking)
- Administration of multiple instances of Oracle 9i,10g and 11g databases supported on the LINUX, UNIX and Windows environments.
- Installation of Oracle patches, performing backup and recovery procedures.
- Implementation and maintenance of user security.
- Installation of Informatica power Center (Server & client), repository and Integration configurations
- Oracle 9i RAC, 10g RAC & 11g, Design and Implementation.
- Oracle Data guard for Disaster Recovery implementations.
- Oracle Streams and Golden Gate for Site to Site Replication.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 10gR2 Implementation.
- Planning and Implementing Upgrades to 10g and 11g.
- RMAN Backup and Recovery including cloning strategies.
- Oracle High Availability Solutions.
- Creating stored procedures, stored procedures and triggers
- Working with composite data types
- Invoking of stored procedures and stored functions
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Involved in design, development and maintenance of financial Data Mart using Informatica 8.6.1.
- Involved in designing the procedures for getting the data from all systems to Data Warehousing system.
- Extensively used Informatica to load data from MS SQL Server, MS Access and Excel spreadsheet into the target Oracle 11g database.
- Wrote the shell scripts to process the PL/SQL procedures and wrote the PL/SQL program units for data extracting, transforming and loading & worked extensively on data cleansing and data profiling.
- Created various Transformations including Joiner, Aggregate, Expression, Filter and update Strategy.
- Created and run sessions and Batches using Server Manager to load the data into the Target Database.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, Informatica PowerMart, IDQ, Oracle 11g, DB2, PL/SQL, ETL, Crontab, Windows NT 4.0, Unix.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Created Source definitions from Flat Files, Oracle Database, Imported/Created Target definitions and created Reusable Transformations, Mapplets in Shared folder
- Designed Source to Target mappings from primarily Flat files and Oracle using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in design, development and implementation of ETL process in power center
- Developed Transformation Logic to cleanse the source data of inconsistencies before loading the data into staging area which is the source for stage loading.
- Created complex Informatica mappings, reusable objects of Mapplets depending on client requirements
- Responsible for performance tuning for several ETL mappings, Mapplets, workflow session executions
- Extensively worked on Connected & Unconnected Lookups, Router, Expressions, Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Filter, Sequence Generator, Union, XML, etc.
- Responsible for Error handling, bug fixing, Session monitoring, log analysis
- Worked on Power Mart client tools like Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Transformations Developers
- Wrote stored procedures to validate the complex mappings and automated the validation process.
- Analyzed business problems and design proper solutions utilizing Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Used Workflow Manager to schedule and run batches, sessions, as well as to check session logs and other session related activities
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5, PowerMart, Informatica Power Exchange, PowerConnect, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL, PL/SQL, ERWIN, UNIX Shell Scripting, Mainframes, JCL, VSAM, XML, 8.0, Perl, Informatica 9.x Web services.
Billing / Financial Administrator
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Responsible in reviewing billing data to ensure amounts and account numbers are accurate.
- Produces reports, letters, and other correspondence, as needed and handle billing questions from customer.
- Cash posting, billing, collections and follow-up activities.
- Works closely with other Finance Division members to maintain the integrity of all financial operations.
- Knowledge of Accounting software (i.e. Lawson, DCO, MS Access, Excel & Microsoft Word, etc.)
Confidential, Hanover Park, Illinois
- Supervised and trained retail sales staff and prepared and managed department budget & monitored daily sales & collections.
- Corresponded with vendors and resolved their inquiries and prepared and made bank deposits per procedures and complete deposit sheets and report to the central office.
- Processed invoices regularly, billed customers and on timely basis and completed time cards and assisted with weekly payroll.
Import Revenue Manager (Billing Analyst)
Confidential, Itasca, Illinois
- Reviewed and oversaw accounts and ensured accuracy and GAAP compliance.
- Matched customer purchase orders with vendor invoices and verified billing information.
- Handled billing queries and prepared credit and debit memos to adjust customer accounts. Performed accounts reconciliations and prepared monthly financial reports.
- Constantly worked in consultation with sales, credit and collections and legal departments to resolve issues. Prepared financial reports and oversaw day-to - day activities of the accounts payable department
Parts Sourcing Specialist(Procurement)
Confidential, Schaumburg, Illinois
- Performed parts sourcing & purchasing/buying.
- Resolved customer and vendor satisfaction issues and established key business relationships with suppliers.
- Researched, negotiated pricing, reviewed bids and involved in supplier selections.
- Worked with the retail sales managers to determine specific and generic merchandise items needed to be purchased and adjusted purchasing schedules to match fast and slow moving sales inventories.