- 6 yrs. of experience in Data warehousing Technology Requirement Analysis, Data Analysis, Application Design, Application Development which includes, Requirement gathering, Customization, Maintenance and Testing of various Business Applications in Data Warehouse and Specialist.
- Extensive hands - on expertise using Informatica 8.x/7.x/6.x/5.x and Erwin Data Modeler with strong business understanding of Banking, Insurance, Finance and Pharmaceuticals-Healthcare and Telecom sectors.
- Good understanding of relational database management systems like Oracle, Teradata, DB2, and SQL Server and extensively worked on Data Integration using Informatica for the Extraction transformation and loading of data from various database source systems and mainframe Cobol and VSAM files.
- Familiar with Ralph Kimball and/or Bill Inmon methodologies and Automation of ETL processes with scheduling tools and exception-handling procedures
- Good knowledge of Installing and Configuring Power Center 7/8
- Experience in writing shell scripting for various ETL needs and worked on integrating data from flat files (mainframe).
- Development experience on Windows NT/2000/XP, UNIX (Solaris, HP UX, AIX) platforms.
- Experience in Informatica mapping specification documentation, tuning mappings to increase performance, proficient in using Informatica Server Manager to create and schedule workflows and expertise in Autosys and ESP scheduling.
- Having experience in leading team and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to quickly grasp new concepts, both technical and business related and utilize as needed.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x
Languages: C, C++, PHP
Databases: Oracle 10g, Teradata, BTEQ
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, AIX, Windows 2003.
Query Generating Tools: TOAD, Oracle Sql* Loader.
Reporting Tools: Hyperion Essbase
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, Teradata, Toad 10.5, UNIX, Shell Scripting and Hyperion Essbase.
- Involved in requirements gathering and analysis to define functional specifications.
- Created technical specs documents for all the mappings using MS Visio.
- Developed ETL processes to load data from different source systems such as Oracle Flat Files into target systems i.e. Oracle and Flat files.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Power Centre - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplets & Transformations to import source and target definitions into the repository and to build mappings.
- Various kinds of the transformations were used to implement simple and complex business logic. Used debugger to test the mapping and fixed the bugs.
- Created and configured workflows, work lets & Sessions to transport the data to target systems using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Used Mapplets and Reusable Transformations prevent redundancy of transformation usage and maintainability.
- Maintained metadata and naming standards for future application development.
- Provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users and created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the mappings.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database.
- Optimized and tuned the mapping, sessions of the Informatica objects.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to create parameter files, rename files, compress files and for scheduling periodic load processes.
- Created the control files for the SQLLDR and optimized the data migration from Sybase to Oracle.
- Developed the Technical Solution Document.
- Implemented SCD Type 1 and SCD Type 2.
- Developed Informatica mappings and Unix Shell scripts.
- Implemented 100% parameterization using Mapping parameters.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1.0, Teradata, Toad 10.5, Unix, Shell Scripting and Hyperion Essbase.
- Responsible for designing and developing mappings, sessions, work lets and workflows for loading the data from source to target database using Informatica Power Center and Informatica Power Exchange (for Real time data capture) and tuning mappings for improving performance.
- Designed and developed various standard and re-usable mappings and mapplets using Transformations like Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Router, Joiner, Sequence generator, Lookups, etc. to build business rules.
- Involved in business analysis and technical design sessions with business and technical staff to develop requirements document and ETL specifications.
- Worked closely with various levels of individuals to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Estimated, scheduled and tracked ETL projects throughout SDLC.
- Developed implementation plans and schedules for ETL enhancements
- Developed documentation, for both business and technical staff, related to my activities.
- Designed ETL processes using Informatica to load data from heterogeneous sources to target database.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Power Center Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Filter, Expression, Router, Joiner, Aggregator, Look Up, Sorter and Union.
- Identified and developed several reusable transformations.
- Created, tested and deployed scheduling jobs in Dollar U.
- Created and modified scripts in UNIX which are used with ETL’s.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.1, Oracle 10g, Toad 7.2, UNIX, Shell Scripting and Putty.
- Gathered the requirements worked with MD 60 and MD 70.
- Preparing the Architecture review template
- Preparing the test plan and created the mappings to join oracle using change data capture.
- Involved in enhancement, maintenance and support for ETL using Informatica.
- Created Mappings, Sessions and workflows.
- Created the mail tasks to send a mail regarding the session status, failure or success.
- Done the Informatica Scheduling.
- Performing Load testing.
- Preparing Production Migration Documents MD120.
- Migrating the components to Production
- Giving a weekly status report client for the production.
- Creating the Parameter file and UNIX shell scripts
- Developed ETL Mappings to extract, transform and load the data from source to target.
- Created Checklists, UTP (Unit Test Plans) & UTR (Unit Test Results).
- Involved in reviewing other developer’s mappings & peer testing.
- Involved voluntarily in performance tuning activities.
- Involved and developed the Workflows
Mechanical Design Engineer
Environment: Pro-E, Solid works 2007, AutoCAD, Proficient GearCalc software, Kissoft for Gear Design
- Responsible as a Mechanical engineer in a team setting for developing optimized solutions around cost and performance.
- Carried out project from concept to production work as a project team and gear box responsibility after prototype testing.
- Used knowledge of different fields to calculate tolerance and dimensions and review detailed drawings.
- Reading and understand engineering, technical drawings as well as bill of materials.
- Inspected & authorized work performed by interns.
- Inspected & reviewed production parts and created quality control reports.
- Used tools such as milling, lathe, and grinders to produce machine parts.
- Ordered new material as per requirement and also kept the list of that ordered material.