- Collaborate and partner with all levels of management, business stakeholders, technical groups and 3rd party vendors across organizations and globally on data integration, data management, data warehousing with analytics, data architecture and technical project management.
- Experience on applying reference architecture and patterns on architectural and technical designs and deliveries to align with IT and Business strategies, polices, standards and budgets.
- Over 10 years of hands - on experience working as a data architect in various industries and platforms.
- Over 15 years of hands-on experiences on designing and implementing enterprise or project level data integration or data warehouse initiatives from solution, management, architecture design which including ecosystem, acquisition, integration/migration, conversion, mapping, security, compliances, DQ, metadata management, change management, analysis, backup and failover planning, SLA to development, deployment, release and operational support, end-to-end.
- Experience on ingesting data from finance, accounting, healthcare related, ERP, CRM, master and reference data, customer, MDM and other related or types of data into DW, Analytics or Data Hub.
- About a year of technical and architectural experiences using Azure DevOps, Azure Cloud, Azure Synapse (Data Warehouse), Azure Data Factory and GEN2 & Blob storages.
- Experience on AWS Redshift data analysis and some exposures to data conversion, from on-premises to AWS cloud.
- Lead efforts on DQ assessment, planning, solution and implementation across different business applications and technical platforms by working collaboratively with business stakeholders, product teams and technical groups.
- Review, approve and design data models, such as Star Schema, Dimensional, OLTP and Hives.
- Consult, govern, collaborate, analyze and design corporate and external information sharing and integrations.
- Recommend and implement data cleansing, standardization, harmonization and consolidation solution.
- Identify, monitor and implement data security/privacy classification process for GDPR, PCI, PII and SOX compliances by working closely with business stakeholders, data security and engineering teams.
- Gather and review business and technical requirements and then translate them into conceptual and physical designs; align business requirements with IT strategy and policy.
- Consult, collect and analyze business, technical and operational metadata at all levels.
- Collaborate with other Enterprise Architects on building a conceptual and physical data architecture framework on Hadoop/Big data platform, with focus on applications, DWs and MDM data integrations.
- Member of data governance organization as part of data architect’s responsibility.
- Azure Cloud, Azure Synapse (Data Warehouse) and Azure Data Factory and GEN2 Storages. Azure DevOps and Key Vault.
- Azure Power BI, Oracle/OBIEE, Cognos and have some training on Qlikview.
- Structured and unstructured file formats, CSV, text, JSON, email, web log, XML
- MSFT SSIS, Informatica Power Center, OWB and some experience on Oracle ODI and Informatica IDQ
- SQL, HiveQL, PL/SQL, HTML, JIRA, Slack, Remedy.
- Erwin and ERStudio. OLTP, star schema and relational data models. Inmon and Kimball.
- Oracle RDBMS 12c, Netezza, MS RDBMS, Hive, DB2/UDB, Redshift, Oracle VM, Unix, Linux and MS Windows.
- Guidewire InfoCenter and DataHub certifications.
- Self-training on Hives and Python right now.
Data Architect / Sr. Technical Consultant
- Worked on various healthcare data warehouse and reporting projects to scope, analyze, profile, map and extract data to support government regulatory reporting requirements and DW system; supported data integration project between BSC and Carelst DW systems.
- Collaborated and maintained enterprise business and technical metadata used IBM IGC.
- Develop and demonstrate Azure PaaS/SaaS and ETL/ELT capability and functionality to clients on few assessment, re-platform, PoC and development projects.
- Reviewed scripts and codes to analyze the mappings and business rules.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, SQL, Netezza and Aginity, Facets, JIRA, Azure Cloud, Data Lake Gen2 and Blob Storages, Azure DevOps, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, SQL Server 2019, SQL, SSIS, Power BI, IBM Information Governance Catalog.
Lead Business System Analyst
- Project to convert and re-platform Oracle EDW and Analytics systems to AWS Redshift, S3, EC2.
- Analyzed source and outbound data and integration processes and created end-to-end EDW data and process flow diagrams.
- Collaborated, gathered, analyzed and documented existing and new non-functional requirements to support infrastructure, data retention and storage, data availability and performance, as well as supported architectural and operational requirements; delivered UAT testing strategy document.
- Documented and verified EDW customer master metadata data to support cleansing and reporting efforts.
- Reviewed data mappings and quality as well as recommending process to enforce data privacy compliance.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, SQL, AWS Redshift, S3, EC2, VPC, Google Business, Einstein Analytics.
Enterprise Data Architect / Data Modeler
- Member of Confidential data architecture team and responsible for supporting EDW/Data Lake and eCommerce engineering product teams throughout the entire project lifecycle. Scrum and agile.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting and policing PII/PCI/SOX/GDPR security and privacy compliances and applied technology based on regulations and IT policies.
- Reviewed and enforced architectural standards on logical, physical and technical detailed designs.
- Focused data domains are: ticket and listing, inventory, vendor, customer, product, genre, catalog and others.
- Member of the data governance council and also worked as data steward to ensure data quality and security.
Confidential, FOSTER CIY, CA
Data Architect / Data Modeler
- Responsible for driving and designing data and data integration architecture, data models, data strategy and solutions for OLTP, Data Lake and other data platforms.
- Enforced data naming and design standards; evaluated technology adaptability and applicability; ensured business process alignments and improvements; ensured system scalability, elasticity and performance; defined and managed project metadata; monitored data quality and provided solutions; data encryption and masking.
- Performed complex business data and process analysis to ensure data consistency, security, harmony and quality.
- Lead data architect for multiple Confidential OLTP and eCommerce projects to support Confidential ’s corporate card implementation efforts; SDLC and Agile.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL Server 2008 R2, DB2/UDB v9.7, Oracle 11g, Erwin v9.x, Cloudear HiveQL, Jira.