- 7+ years of Information Technology experience covering phases of the System Development and Testing.
- Involved in Development of Data Warehouse, Business intelligence applications such as Informatica with strong business understanding knowledge of Retail Services Domain and Health Care Domain.
- Experience in Data Warehousing Using Informatica 10.2/9.6/8.6.1/8.1.1/7.1.
- Strong Data Warehousing and Data Integration experience in using Informatica Power Center different versions (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, and Mapping Designer).
- Implemented various Performance Tuning techniques on Sources, Targets, Mappings, and Workflows in all versions of Informatica.
- Solid expertise in using ETL Scheduling tools.
- Working with Informatica Power Exchange to extract data from AS/400 Application.
- Implemented Informatica Change Data Capture on Oracle database.
- Good Experience in Informatica upgrades and installations.
- Experience in debugging mappings, Identified bugs in existing mappings by analyzing the data flow and evaluating transformations.
- Good understanding of RDBMS concepts and experience in writing queries, procedures & scripts using Oracle, SQL Server, MY SQL and DB2.
- Excellent Client handling ability with good presentation skills.
- Experience in Installation and configuration, Creation of repositories with user groups and security implementation.
- Excellent soft skills such as leadership, communication, organization, time management, crisis management, multi - tasking, and people-management.
- An excellent team player with a track record for meeting strict deadlines.
- Extensive experience in data warehousing testing like SIT, UAT and PAT.
- Keen understanding of Data warehousing concepts and dimensional modeling.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
Informatica: Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.1/6.2/5.1
Repository: Admin console, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, workflow Monitor, Informatica Developer Tool
BI tools: OBIEE 12.x, Business Objects XI 4.1, Cognos 11
Databases: Oracle 12C/11g/10g, MS SQL Server 08, 12, 16, Sybase 10/11, MS Access, DB2, Teradata
Database Modeling: Bill Inman approach, Ralph Kimball approach, Star schema, Snowflake Schema, Fact table, Dimension table, Physical modeling, Logical modeling.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, XML, SAS, Java
Operating System: Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Involved in gathering business requirements, study and analysis of the Health Insurance data and determining the data warehouse dependencies and capacities.
- Responsible for design, development and support of all data warehouse projects. Developed SCD type-I and Type-II mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Lookup (connected and unconnected), Expression, Aggregate, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Filter, Rank and Router and SQL transformations.
- Developed Informatica Transformations to load transactional data to enterprise data warehouse.
- Created and Monitored Batches and Sessions using Workflow Manager.
- Developed UNIX scripts and Parameter files.
- Responsible for validation of output files from production mainframe environment.
- Developed email notifications that run through Informatica session scripts and email task.
- Responsible for developing ETL procedures and involved in query performance.
- Developed database views to eliminate complexity of queries and extract data in a faster and efficient manner.
- Involved in creation of bitmap and bit tree indexes.
- Worked closely with business analysts, QA and database administrators.
- Involved in developer unit testing of mappings.
- Responsible for code migration from development to test environment.
- Involved in documentation of complete project including technical design document and unit test results.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2/9.6 (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor), Oracle 12c/10g, MS SQL Server 2012/2008, Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting, DB2, TOAD.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Involved in gathering business requirements and created functional/technical specifications used for further development of the warehouse.
- Analyzed existing system and developed business documentation on changes required.
- Created and made adjustments in Data Model and SQL scripts through create and alter tables.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Source Analyzer, Target designer, Transformation developer, Mapplet designer and Mapping Designer.
- Developed reusable transformation objects such as mapplets to avoid duplication of metadata, reducing the development time.
- Created synonyms for copies of time dimensions, used the sequence generator transformation type to create sequences for generalized dimension keys, stored procedure transformation type for encoding and decoding functions and Lookup transformation to identify slowly changing dimensions.
- Fine-tuned existing Informatica mappings for performance optimization.
- Debugged mappings by creating logic that assigns a severity level to each error, and sending the error rows to error table so that they can be corrected and re-loaded into a target system.
- Extensively involved in testing the system from beginning to end to ensure data quality.
- Worked on existing issues with Informatica Mappings to produce correct output.
- Responsible for documenting business, functional and technical details gathered during analysis, design, development and testing phases.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting, TOAD, SQL Plus.
- Developed Mappings for loading the data into database using PowerMart Designer
- Created transformations according to the business requirement
- Created Shortcuts for Sources and Targets
- Created workflows for the different tasks using Workflow Manager.
- Developed Event Wait Tasks for the workflow
- Developed Reusable Sessions
- Involved in Scheduling the workflows
- Created flat file targets
- FTP the Flat File target to Remote Server
- Creating Users, Folders, Assigning access Permissions to repository Users
- Developed Stored Procedures according to the requirement
- Developed and implemented the UNIX shell script for the start and stop procedures of the sessions
- Followed Star Schema & snowflake Schema for methodology to organize the data into database by using ERWIN tool. Created Global Repository, Groups, Users assigned privileges using repository manager.
Environment : Informatica 9.5 , Oracle 10g , DB2, Toad, PL/SQL, SAS.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Data Analyst and developer
- Extensively used Informatica Client Tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Informatica Repository
- Developed Mappings between source systems and Warehouse components.
- Developed Mapplets, Mappings and configured sessions.
- Extensively used almost all the transformations
- Created reusable transformations and Mapplets to use in multiple Mappings.
- Used debugger to test the data flow and fix the mappings.
- Designed the Data Model using Erwin 3.5 and integrating E - R models with the Oracle Database.
- Analyzed newly converted data to establish a baseline measurement for data quality in Data Warehouse.
- Performed Data Manipulation using basic functions and Informatica Transformation.
- Developed Mappings/Transformation/Mapplets by using Mapping Designer, Transformation Developer and Mapplet Designer in Informatica PowerCenter6.x.
- Developed Universes and reports using Business Objects Designer.
- Created, modified, maintained the business complex reports using Business Objects reporting module.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, ERWIN, Oracle 9i, MS SQL, XML, SQL plus, PL/SQL.