- 8+ Years of strong IT Experience in BI/ETL/Data Warehousing, Data Integration and expertise in design, development, implementation of database systems.
- Last 3 years of experience has been spent within an Agile environment with the first 3 years of development coming within a Waterfall environment
- Hands on experience working with SSIS, for ETL Process ensuring proper implementation of Event Handlers, Loggings, Checkpoints, Transactions and package configurations.
- Created SSIS packages with complicated transformations like Lookup, Derived Column, Condition Split, Multicast, Sort, Union All, Cache Transform,etc.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Developed Custom Reports and different types of Reports, drilldown, drill - through, sub-report, Ad-hoc Reports, and distributed Reports in multiple formats using SSRS.
- Experience with ETL tool Informatica 9.x/8.x in designing the Mappings, Configuring the Informatica Server and creating and scheduling the Workflows and sessions.
- Hands on experience in creating Design specifications, Test Plans, Test Scripts, managing Testing Specifications and conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Training.
- Experience in ETL Performance Tuning/Optimization.
- Closely interacted and worked in developing Informatica Mappings / Mapplets and Workflows with Worklets & Tasks using various Transformations (Update Strategy, Filter, Router, Expression, Stored Procedure, Lookup and Aggregator) for ETL of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Experience in Linux shell scripting for Informatica Job execution process.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work individually and meet tight deadlines.
- Solid experiences in implementing SCD TYPE I and SCD TYPE II tables.
- Experience in Reporting Services, Power BI(Dash Board Reports), SSRS using MS SQL Server.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel and sheared them using Power BI to the decision makers.
- Strong understanding of Software Design, Development & Implementation of OBIEE with expertise in managing OBIEE Admin tool in developing OBIEE Repository (. RPD)-3 layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Mapping Layer & Presentation Layer).
- Possess expertise in OBIEE Data modelling including creating Alias Tables, Aggregate tables, Dimensional Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, Time series Functions, and Data visualization components including Dashboards prompts, pages, links, images, embedded content, text, folders & guided navigation links.
- Good Knowledge in Informatica Data Quality (IDQ-Informatica developer 9.6.1/9.1) for cleansing and formatting customer master data.
Languages / Web: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Shell Scripting, XML
Software / Tools: SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio 2010/2015, OBIEE 10.x/11.x, Tableau 8.x/8.1, Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x, Power BI, Microsoft Azure, Python
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
Environment: Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/ 2003/ 2007, Unix, Linux, DB2
Confidential, Lake Mary, Florida
- Analyzed, designed, developed, implemented and maintained moderate to complex initial load and incremental load mappings to provide data for enterprise data warehouse.
- Developed Data Mappings between source systems and warehouse components using mapping designer.
- Involved in creating various metadata types, including legacy source and data warehouse target data definitions and ETL jobs.
- Implemented mapping for slowly changing dimensions (SCD) to maintain current data as well as historical data.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and used Erwin to design the business process, dimensions and measured facts.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Excellent understanding of business process modeling, process improvements, and developing process flows.
- Actively coordinated with testing team in the testing phase and helped the team to understand the dependency chain of the whole project.
- Extensively worked on SQL tuning process to increase the source qualifier throughput by analyzing the queries with explain plan, creating new indexes, partitions and Materialized views
- Written and used UNIX shell scripts extensively for scheduling and pre/post session management
Environment: Informatica Powercenter 9.6.1, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, Linux, Oracle 11g
SQL ETL/Power BI Developer
- Worked with the Functional Teams to comprehend their requirements to design and develop Jobs that meet business expectations.
- Developed SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources including Access database, Excel spreadsheets, and flat files into SQL server.
- Involved in the initial load for the project in Different environments.
- Created various SSIS packages for the ETL functionality of the data and importing data from various tables.
- Responsible for ETL operation using SQL Server Integration Services and Worked with users in training and support and have experience in incremental data loading.
- Designed the Target Schema definition and Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using SSIS.
- Extensively used transformations, control flow tasks, data flow tasks, containers, and event handlers.
- Developed common modules for error checking and different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Performed Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as data conversion, conditional split, bulk insert, merge, and union all.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for the report generation and wrote the queries for the drill down reports, sub reports.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reporting with Report Builder and Programming Reporting Services.
- Involved in developing the Technical specification documents from the Functional specification documents.
- Involved in mapping multiple data sources to a single target database by analyzing the business requirements that are specified in the functional documents.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and sheared them using Power BI to the decision makers for strategic planning.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, SSIS, SSRS, TFS, Visual Studio 2015, T- SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Power BI
Informatica and BI Senior Developer
- Worked as Senior ETL Developer/BI Developer and implemented OBI solutions for Confidential
- Was responsible in managing tasks and deadlines for the ETL teams both Onsite and Offshore.
- Participated in business requirement gathering through interactive sessions with Business Teams and DB Architect teams.
- Understood from business requirements for reporting Metrics, KPIs and standard analytics, transforming these requirements into Business Intelligence solutions available to end users.
- Prepared High level & low-level ETL flow design and technical documents.
- Reviewed Informatica Code, Unit Test Cases & Results with the Developers.
- Designed & Customized Informatica mappings according changes & requirements by the business team.
- Created mappings employing various transformations, filters, joiners, lookup, SQL Transformation & SQL overrides etc. to load data from multiple databases into Warehouses and performing the full, incremental loading and processing.
- Extracted and customized the pre-built BI solutions using Oracle BI Apps 188.8.131.52 (HR Analytics,).
- Built new DAC subject areas & execution plans to run data loads on daily/weekly basis.
- Took necessary backups of Informatica repository and DAC repository.
- Performed unit testing of these Workflows from source to staging and staging to warehouse.
- Analyzed & fixed on QA defects made by QA team.
- Built the OBIEE Data model repository (RPD) - Physical, logical and presentation layers required for BI reporting and necessary variables and Initializing blocks to implement security.
- Built ad hoc BI reports and dashboards using OBIEE.
- Deftly managed Cache management, RPD Merging, MUDE Setup.
- Migration of Webcat between environments including refresh of GUID's.
Environment: Informatica 9.0.1, Oracle 11g, Linux, DAC, Oracle BIAPPS 184.108.40.206, OBIEE 11g, Toad.
Informatica and BI Developer
- Understood business requirements and mapped them to existing data warehouse schema and OBIEE Model
- Made necessary schema changes as part of cleaning up process
- Created new mappings and modified existing mappings to load the data as per new schema
- Prepared and executed unit and integration test cases to test the changes
- Increased the performance of the mappings and workflows and performed performance test
- Cleaned up OBIEE repository and made necessary data model and configuration changes
- Modified pre-built dashboards, reports and other BI objects to support the cleaned up data model
- Build ad hoc BI reports and dashboards using OBIEE.
- Deftly managing Cache management, RPD Merging, MUDE Setup.
- Migration of Webcat between environments including refresh of GUID's.
Environment: Informatica 8.5.1, SQL Server 2008, Oracle, Linux, SQL Developer, OBIEE 11g.
- Gathered business requirements and created mapping documents based on the data model and source system analysis.
- Involved in initial design meetings
- Integrated data from heterogeneous source systems extract and transform data with business rules and built re-usable Mapplets using Informatica Designer.
- Extensively worked with transformations Lookup, Update Strategy, Expression, Filter, Stored Procedures, Router, joiner and others.
- Created complex mappings and transformations using expressions, aggregators, filters, and sorter, and sequence generator, lookups to develop DataMart’s.
- Extensively developed various Mappings, which perform Extraction, Transformation and Loading of Source data into the OLAP Schema, and used different Transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup, Update Strategy, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Filter, Router, and Joiner etc.
- Created workflows using Workflow manager for different tasks like sending email notifications, timer that triggers when an event occurs, and sessions to run a mapping.
- Involved in Unit Testing and Integration Testing of the application.
- Worked on creating star schema DataMart’s using the dimensional modeling approach.
- Fine-tuned transformations and mappings for better performance.
- Used Informatica Power Center workflow manager to create sessions, workflow to run with the logic embedded in the mappings.
- Efficient documentation was done for all phases like analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance.
- Associated with Production support team in various performances related issues.
- Written documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.x, Oracle 8i/9i, UNIX, SQL Developer.