7+ years’ experience in IT; specialized in Data warehousing with 5+ years of extensive experience as an ETL developer, in all phases of SDLC applications mainly in Informatica Power Center, Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL), Teradata, SQL Server, Unix and Windows based environments. Dedicated team member with excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform as an individual or part of a team.
- Adept at all stages of project lifecycle, from business requirements and technical definitions to development, testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), production support, and maintenance.
- Excellent experience in designing and development of ETL Methodology using Informatica PowerCenter 10.2/9.6.1
- Hands on experience in Teradata utilities.
- Having experience in working with ORACLE 12c/11g/9i, MySQL, SQL Server 2017/2014, Teradata 16/14 RDBMS.
- Having good experience in Teradata 16/14 SQL and utilities like BTEQ, MLOAD, Fast Load and TPT.
- Experienced in implementing the complex business rules by creating transformations and mappings.
- Hands - on experience with SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, UNIX Shell Scripts, Workflow and APIs.
- Expert in writing SQL query using multiple databases like ORACLE, SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL etc.
- Production support experience including troubleshooting issues, creation/follow-up of Oracle service requests (SRs). Conduct quality reviews of code developed by other development staff.
- Experience in modifying various existing packages, procedures, functions and triggers per new business needs.
- Experience in Interacting with various business users, understanding client’s requirements, business imperatives and expectations of the requirements, and ensured steps are taken to deliver it as per expectations.
- Proficient in customer interaction over phone, email and webchat channel and provided resolutions for tickets.
- Performed Unit testing, System testing, Integration testing and users for UAT and prepared test report in different phases of project.
- Created and modified UNIX Shell Scripts for ETL jobs.
- Designed and developed complex mappings, Mapplets, tasks and workflows and tuned it.
- Experience in Debugging and Performance tuning of targets, sources, mappings and sessions in Informatica.
- Good understanding of the Data modeling concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling.
- Moderate experience in Informatica Change Data Capture Management
- Heavily created mapplets, user defined functions, reusable transformations, look-ups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to empathize with customers with varying levels of technical ability.
- Experienced with Agile and Waterfall methodologies, completed Agile MBA from the Job Hackers.
- Experience working with Onsite and Offshore model and while working in that project ensured proper work assignment and review.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.2/9.6
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g, MS SQL Server 2014/2017, MySQL, Teradata 16/14
Reporting: Cognos 10, Tableau 2019.3
ERP: Oracle Applications Rel.11i / 10.7
Modules: AP, AR, GL, FA, OM, PO,AOL, Sysadmin, Alerts
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
GUI: Developer 6i (Forms 6i & Reports 6i)
OS: Windows 9x/2x, Linux, Unix
Tools: Toad, PL/SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, Control-M, Rally
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Worked with business analyst for requirement gathering, business analysis, testing, business process descriptions, scenarios and workflow analysis.
- Strong experience in designing and developing large scale and optimized Data Warehouses using Teradata.
- Business Intelligence- strong and proven expertise within Teradata domain.
- Gain and cultivate teradata domain expertise to provide best and optimized solution to customer.
- Created Technical Design Document from business requirements document (BRD).
- Analyzed business and system requirements to identify system impacts.
- Created the Detail Technical Design Documents which have the ETL technical specifications for the given functionality.
- Prepared source to target mapping and conducted meetings with the business to understand data / transformation logic.
- Analyzed the existing mapping logic to determine the reusability of the code.
- Created Mapping Parameters, Session parameters, Mapping Variables and Session Variables.
- Done the extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or system. This led to better session performance.
- Created Unit test plans and did unit testing using different scenarios separately for every process. Involved in System test, Regression test and supported the UAT for the client.
- Performing ETL and database code migrations across environments using deployment groups.
- Wrote multiple BTEQ scripts as per business rule to load the data into Teradata tables.
- Populating the business rules using mappings into the target tables.
- Involved in end-to-end system testing, performance and regression testing and data validations.
- Managed performance and tuning of SQL queries and fixed the slow running queries in production.
- Created batch scripts for automated database build deployment.
- Modified UNIX scripts to run informatica workflow.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2, Cognos 10, SQL, Oracle 12c, Teradata 16, SQL Server 2017, TOAD, Control M, Shell Scripting, Rally
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Actively involved in interacting with business users to record user requirements and Business Analysis.
- Used Informatica Power Center for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems into target database.
- Documented Data Mappings/ Transformations as per the business requirement.
- Prepared Technical Design documents and Test cases.
- Created mappings using Designer and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement.
- Developed Informatica Mappings and Reusable Transformations to facilitate timely Loading of Data of a star schema.
- Developed the Informatica Mappings by usage of Aggregator, SQL overrides usage in Lookups, source filter usage in Source qualifiers, and data flow management into multiple targets using Router.
- Created Sessions and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement and loading into data warehouse tables.
- Developed several reusable transformations and mapplets that were used in other mappings.
- Developed transformation logic as per the requirement, created mappings and loaded data into respective targets.
- Used SQL tools like TOAD to run SQL queries to view and validate the data loaded into the warehouse.
- Created summarized tables, control tables, staging tables to improve the system performance and as a source for immediate recovery of database
- Migrated Mappings, Sessions, Workflows from Development to Test and then to UAT environment.
- Wrote hundreds of SQL query for data analysis to validate the input data against business rules.
- Wrote BTEQ scripts and also Teradata utilizes like FASTLOAD, MLOAD, and FASTEXPORT as per project need.
- Responsible for determining the bottlenecks and fixing the bottlenecks with performance tuning.
- Extensively worked on Unit testing for the Informatica code using SQL Queries and Debugger.
- Used PMCMD command to start, stop and ping server from UNIX and created UNIX Shell scripts to automate the process.
- Improved performance testing in Mapping and the session level.
- Worked with UNIX shell scripts for job execution and automation.
- Coordinated with Autosys team to run Informatica jobs for loading historical data in production.
- Maintaining bug, status using JIRA tool
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1, SQL Server 2012, Teradata 14, Shell Scripts, ORACLE 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Toad, SQL Developer, Cognos 9, Autosys, JIRA
Oracle Apps Technical Consultant
- Provided functional/technical Support for various modules in oracle finance -AR,AP, GL, PO, PA and FA module.
- Act as a liaison between Functional Analyst and Testing Team.
- Involved in Standard invoice, Credit memo and Invoice attachment conversion.
- Developed interface to load credit card receipts from bank file.
- Developed custom report specifically to audit modifications done to posted APinvoices and distributions.
- Customized POreport, Aging - 4 Bucket report, Property Listing report.
- Implemented Periodic alerts to notify the Supplier about the details of payment.
- Developed shell script to resolve issues in transferring the payment files to bank.
- Worked on GL Journal form customization to interface the current record for external tax system need to be triggered from special menu.
- Customized Pricing and Availability form to set default values.