- 5.5 years of IT experience in Data Warehousing technology and all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Business Requirement Analysis, Application designing, Development, Implementations and Testing of Data warehousing and Database business systems for Retail, Healthcare, Financial, Insurance domains.
- Good experience in designing and development of ETL Methodology using Informatica PowerCenter 10.x/9.x
- Good experience in working with ORACLE 11g/10g, SQL Server 2014, PostgreSQL 9.3 and Teradata 15.
- Good experience in Change Data Capture (CDC) Methodology using Informatica tools. experience in Teradata in writing SQL and BTEQ.
- I nteracted with end - users to identify and develop Business Requirement Document (BRD) and transform it into technical requirements.
- Prepared various types of documents like requirements gathering, ETL specification, Data Mapping, Test cases, Data dictionary etc.
- Exposure in writing SQL using analytical functions like Ranking Functions, case statement etc., also in writing optimize SQL query.
- Performed Unit testing, System testing, Integration testing and users for UAT and prepared test report in different phases of project.
- Created and modified UNIX Shell Scripts for ETL jobs.
- Extensive experience with Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) from Multiple Sources.
- Designed and developed complex mappings, Mapplets, tasks and workflows and tuned it.
- Experience in Debugging and Performance tuning of targets, sources, mappings and sessions in Informatica.
- Experience in optimizing the Mappings and implementing the complex business rules by creating re-usable transformations, Mapplets etc.
- Extensively used Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) in Informatica mapping.
- Conducted Unit tests, Integration tests and helped users on User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Good understanding in Data warehouse, Data Mart, Star schema and Snowflake schema, dimensional modeling etc.
- Working experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Good knowledge in Bigdata technologies like Hive and HDFS.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with executive and management team, having strong analytical, problem solving skills.
ETL TECHNOLOGY: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2/9.x, Informatica Cloud
DATABASES: Oracle 11g/10g, MS SQL Server 2014, Teradata 15, PostgreSQL 9.3
PROGRAMMING: C, C++, SQL, UNIX Scripting
BI REPORTING: Tableau 2018, Cognos 9
OTHERS: TOAD, SQL*PLUS, Rally, JIRA, MS Office
Confidential, Plano, TX
Informatica PowerCenter Developer
- Worked with business analyst for requirement gathering, business analysis and testing and project- coordination using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, scenarios and workflow analysis.
- Created Technical Design Document or Minor Release Document (MRD) from business requirements document (BRD) or Functional Requirement Document (FRD) business analyst based on business objectives, facilitated joint sessions.
- Initiated the process of Data Profiling by Profiling different formats of data from different sources and users.
- Created the Detail Technical Design Documents which have the ETL technical specifications for the given functionality, overall process flow for each particular process, Flow diagrams, Mapping spreadsheets, issues, assumptions, configurations, Informatica code details, Database changes, shell scripts etc. and conducted meetings with the business analysis, clients for the Approval of the process.
- Analyzed the existing mapping logic to determine the reusability of the code.
- Created Mapping Parameters, Session parameters, Mapping Variables and Session Variables.
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or system. This led to better session performance.
- Created and maintained the Shell Scripts and Parameter files in UNIX for the proper execution of Informatica workflows in different environments.
- Created UNIX scripts to read/write and ftp files from and to windows servers and UNIX.
- Created Unit test plans and did unit testing using different scenarios separately for every process. Involved in System test, Regression test and supported the UAT for the client.
- Performing ETL and database code migrations across environments using ETL Admin group.
- Populating the business rules using mappings into the target tables.
- Involved in end-to-end system testing, performance and regression testing and data validations.
- Managed performance and tuning of SQL queries and fixed the slow running queries.
- Created Unix batch scripts for automated database build deployment.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2, Teradata 16, JIRA, Control M, Unix
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Informatica PowerCenter Developer
- Involved in full life cycle development including Design, ETL strategy, troubleshooting Reporting, and Identifying facts and dimensions.
- Reviewing the requirements with business, doing regular follow ups and obtaining sign offs.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse.
- Moving the data from source systems to different schemas based on the dimensions and fact tables by using the slowly changing dimensions (SCD) type 2 and type 1.
- Used Debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Source Qualifier, Lookup, Router, Rank, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Done analysis of Source, Requirements, existing OLTP system and identification of required dimensions and facts from the Database.
- Tuning Informatica Mappings and Sessions for optimum performance.
- Developed various mapping by using reusable transformations.
- Prepared the required application design documents based on functionality required.
- Designed the ETL processes using Informatica to load data from Flat Files (Fixed Width and Delimited) to staging database and from staging to the target Warehouse database.
- Involved in testing Unit and integration Testing of Informatica Sessions, Batches, fixing invalid Mappings
- Defined the program specifications for the data migration programs, as well as the necessary test plans used to ensure the successful execution of the data loading processes.
- Developed and executed scripts to schedule loads, for calling Informatica workflows using PMCMD command.
- Built the Informatica workflows to load table as part of data load.
- Implemented the best practices for the creation of mappings, sessions and workflows and performance optimization.
- Created Informatica Technical and mapping specification documents as company standards.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2014, PostgreSQL 9.3, Erwin 8.1, Putty, Rally, WinSCP
Confidential, Allen, TX
- Interacted with business community and gathered requirements based on changing needs and incorporated identified factors into Informatica mappings to build Data Marts.
- Designed and developed complex mappings using Mapping Designer to load data from various sources.
- Extensively created Mapplets for reusable business rules.
- Used Pipeline partitioning and External Loader to improve Session performance, created indicator files for event driven sessions.
- Used the update strategy to effectively load data from source to target.
- Involved in Data Quality Assurance, created validation routines, unit test cases and test plan.
- Created tasks, workflows and worklets using workflow manager.
- Used pmcmd to run workflows and Autosys to automate their schedules.
- Involved in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing the data flow, evaluating transformations and fixing bugs so that they conform to the business needs.
- Handled Incremental loading using mapping variables and Implemented versioning of folders in the Informatica Designer tool.
- Used Parameter files to specify DB Connection parameters for sources.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Cognos 9, Oracle 10g, SQL*Plus, UNIX Shell Scripting, Teradata 15, Autosys scheduler