- Proved ability to provide best solutions to users’ requests. Experienced in analyzing user requirements and business needs, application design/architect, performing logical data modeling and physical database design, developing applications, fine - tuning systems using new development technology and methodology, software administration, production support and automation. Possess excellent communication skills and have a passion to take new challenges.
- Full understanding and had participated in projects through the whole software engineering.
- Experienced in data warehouse development, familiar with dimensional modeling, start schema, snowflake schema and demonstrated expertise utilizing Informatica tools.
- Experience in enterprise architecture design, software installation, configuration and administration.
- 16 years of experience with relational databases: Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL server.
- Hands-on project lead and technical lead experience. Ability to evaluate and choose technologies, setup standards and project milestones, mentor and train peers.
- Experience in report design and development to meet clients’ needs.
- Experience in web hosting, web application implementation and web services configuration.
- Experience in 24x7 production support and disaster recovery.
- Strong process refine and automation, problem solving, trouble shooting, performance tuning, and user support skills.
Operating System: Windows NT/2000/XP, UNIX, Linux
Database: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL, PL/SQL, SQL
Web: Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, Websphere, WebLogic, Web Services, J2EE, CGI, WAMP server
Software: Remedy, Business Objects, SAS
Tools: Toad, SQL Navigator, Erwin, HP Quality Center, PVCS
Informatica: PowerCenter, PowerExchange & PowerCenter Connect (Mainframe, IBM MQ Series, SAP NetWeaver (SAP R/3), Hyperion Essbase and Planing Adapter), DataAnalyzer, MetadataManager, DataQuality, DataExplorer, Velocity
VP, Software Engineering
- Setup test website to QA new developed code
- Maintain and support production and test web sites
- Bug fix and content update
- Install and configure email server and components to allow web application to send out emails.
- In charge of out-source web development project through the full software development cycle.
- Work with business team for website enhancements such as look and feel, layout design, new features to collect customer information and manage web contents
Technologies: C, C++, Perl, FTP, SFTP, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PL/SQL, HTML, ASP, PHP, Windows, UNIX
Sr. Informatica Consultant
Confidential, Moorestown, NJ
- Worked on various projects to develop ETL interfaces using Informatica to load data to data warehouse fact tables and dimension tables. Applied sources and targets: Oracle, MS SQL Server, flat file, Hyperion and SAP.
- Application architecture design. Setup application standards such as file/directory structure, naming conventions.
- Performed data analysis, data profiling and data quality.
- Worked with users to create Interface Control Documents.
- Designed test cases and created system test documents. Assisted with Users Acceptance Test.
- Migrated ETL interfaces from PowerCenter v7 to v8.
- Conducted peer design and code reviews and extensive documentation of standards, best practices and ETL procedures.
- Developed UNIX and Perl scripts to archive data files, purge aged data files, ftp data files.
- Designed and developed a re-usable module to generate and mail Hyperion Essbase Adapter and Hyperion Planning Adapter kickout reports to users using Informatica, UNIX and Perl scripts.
- Designed and developed pmcmd command wrapper. Ensured the flexibility to support two Domains in one machine.
- Defined Control-M run book, planned and performed production deployment.
- Evaluated and merged similar scripts to a generic one in each category by introducing input parameters and environment variables.
- Set up sftp environment and modified ftp scripts to use sftp.
- Performed peer reviews and provided best practices recommendations.
- Demonstrated ablility to collaborate with project members and users in numerous locations.
Technologies: Informatica PowerCenter, PowerExchange (PowerCenter Connect): SAP NetWeaver Adapter ( SAP R/3), Hyperion Essbase Adapter, Hyperion Planning Adapter; Unix shell scripting, Perl, FTP, SFTP, SAP front-end, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Share Point, HP Quality Center, Oracle, Toad for Oracle, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, Windows, UNIX