- Around 7+ years of IT Experience in analysis, design, development, implementation of Data Warehousing applications using ETL tools like Informatica Powercenter 10.2/10.1/9.6 and oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i .
- Extensive experience in developing the Mappings, Sessions Workflows, Worklets and configuring the Informatica Server using Informatica Power Center.
- Strong experience in Data Warehousing (ETL & OLAP) environment and acquired excellent analytical, coordination, interpersonal skills, have immense leadership potential.
- Strong knowledge of Dimensional Modeling, Star and Snowflake schema. Designed Fact and Dimension Tables as per the reporting requirements and ease of future enhancements.
- Extensive work experience in ETL processes consisting of data sourcing, data transformation, mapping and loading of data from multiple source systems into Data Warehouse using Informatica Power Center.
- Good Understanding of relational database management systems, experience in integrating data from various data source like oracle, Flat files a into staging area.
- Experienced in creating Transformations and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets.
- Experience in debugging, error handling and performance tuning of sources, targets, mappings and sessions with the help of error logs generated by Informatica server.
- Experience in data integration, cleansing and messaging.
- Extensively used Repository Manager, Designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor Client tools of Informatica.
- Experience in data mart life cycle development, performed ETL procedure to load data from different sources into Data marts and Data warehouse using Informatica Power Center.
- Used Debugger in Informatica Power Center Designer to check the errors in mapping.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries. Experience in performance tuning.
- Experience in working with Oracle, SQL databases. Experience in integration of data sources like Flat Files.
- Highly proficient in using T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User defined Functions, User profiles, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity, SQL joins, indexing and Query Writing.
- Experience in implementing Slowly Changing dimension methodology (SCD) for accessing the full history of accounts and transaction information.
- Experience in implementing complex business rules by creating transformations (Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Connected and Lookup, Router, Rank, Joiner, Update Strategy), and developing complex Mapplets, Mappings, and Triggers.
ETL Tool: Informatica Power Center 10.2/ 10.1/9.6/9.5.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS Access,Oracle Exadata,MYsql
Data modeling Tools: Power designer, Power center
Utility tools: PL/SQL, SQL, SQL* loader, Shell Scripting
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Linux
Scheduling Tools: Control-M, Informatica Scheduler
Programming Languages: PL/ SQL, Java, C, C++
Web Technologies: HTML
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Involved in the full SDLC of the project including Design, Development and Testing
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating, developing new SQL Queries, ETL code and enhancements.
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Understand the business requirements and translate them to technical specifications.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated into OSC Data warehouse.
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Creating Complex Informatica mappings in Power Center Designer to meet the data integration, cleansing and migration needs.
- Performing ETL configuration and troubleshooting the session/workflow failures by analyzing the session logs.
- Worked on Identifying and resolving various major production fixes and suggested innovative solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Developed mapping parameters and variables to support SQL override.
- Implementing SCD Type 1, Type 2 mappings to update slowly Changing Dimension Tables.
- Working with Oracle SQL Queries for storing, retrieving, and manipulating data in a relational database.
- Extracted data from flat files and the relational table’s sources and loaded into the target database.
- Developed SQL (Queries/Packages) Scripts in UNIX for automation of operational tasks.
- Provided Production support and resolve ETL related issues in a timely manner and assist with reporting tasks.
- Enhanced the existing ETL mappings, SQL scripts and created sessions and workflows to implement the business logic as per the requirements.
- Reviewed ETL code for standards adherence before the migration and tuned mappings and sessions for better performance.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.2, Oracle 12c, UNIX Shell Scripting, AWS, JIRA, Cronjob, Winscp, Redhat Linux
- Developed mappings/Reusable Objects/mapplets by using mapping designer, transformation developer and mapplet designer in Informatica PowerCenter.
- Worked closely with client in understanding the Business requirements, data analysis and deliver the client expectation.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter features extensively in migrating data from OLTP to Enterprise Data warehouse.
- Extensively used Erwin for Logical and Physical data modeling and designed Star Schemas.
- Extracted data from different sources like Oracle, flat files loaded into DWH.
- Created complex mappings in PowerCenter Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, and Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Union, Lookup, Joiner, and Stored procedure transformations.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter for extraction, loading and transformation (ETL) of data in the data warehouse.
- Handle slowly changing dimensions based on the business requirements.
- Used Informatica Power Center Workflow manager to create sessions, batches to run with the logic embedded in the mappings.
- Involved in creation of Repositories, Folders, Users and Deployment Groups.
- Migrated mappings, sessions, and workflows from development to testing and then to Production environments.
- Involved in Performance tuning for sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Performed unit testing on the Informatica code by running it in the Debugger and writing simple test scripts in the database thereby tuning it by identifying and eliminating the bottlenecks for optimum performance.
- Wrote PL/SQL stored procedures & triggers, cursors for implementing business rules and transformations.
- Worked extensively with different caches such as Index cache, Data cache and Lookup cache (Static, Dynamic, and Persistent).
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 10.1, SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle.
- Study and analysis of the mapping document indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required, business rules to be applied, target tables, columns and data types.
- Involved in Data Extraction from Oracle and Flat Files by using Informatica Power
- Preparing the low level and high-level design documents as per the standards.
- Involved in designing the error handling strategy Center. sssExtensively used different transformations like Source Qualifier, Filter, Aggregator, Expression, Connected and Unconnected Lookup, Sequence Generator, Router and Update Strategy.
- Preparing the code review and peer review documents.
- Used parameters and variables in mappings.
- Unit testing, Bug fixing and System testing of the application.
- Involved in performance tuning of the mappings/sessions.
- Involved in designing the mapplets and reusable transformations according to the business needs.
- Involved in implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Involved in Project releases and Presentations to Client at offshore.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 10.1 (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Designer, Task Developer, Worklet.
- Implementation of MVC architecture by separating the Business Logic from the presentation Logic using JSP/Servlet framework.
- Used JDBC for creating Data Access layer.
- Developed DAO classes for the data interaction and service classes for the business logic
- Apache Tomcat, web server was used for deployment and administration of components.
- Used Eclipse as software development platform for developing the whole application.
- Created Servlets for developing control and business logic of the application.
- Coordinating and/or actively participating in developing and maintaining application software and applicable documentation.
- Responsible for End User Training and Application support.
- Created SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Performed Unit Testing using JUnit for the modified codes.
- Providing or coordinating technical support and ensuring technical stability of application systems.
- Advice to the organization and Clients with regard to the area of functional specialization.