- 7 years of IT experience with expertise in analysis, design, development and implementation of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications using ETL and BI tools.
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis, Application Design, Development, Implementation for Health Care, Insurance, Retail, Commercial Investment banking and Financial Services.
- Experience in various phases of IT projects Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as analysis, design, coding and testing, deployment and production support.
- Extensive Experience on End - To-End implementation of Data warehouse and Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts and methodologies such as Ralph Kimball.
- Proficient in developing strategies for extracting, transforming and loading using Informatica Power Center 9/8.6.1/8.1.1/8.0/7.1.1/7.1.3 .
- Experience in Dimensional Data modeling, Fact & Dimensions tables and Physical & Logical data modeling using Erwin.
- Strong skills in data mapping for the Slowly Changing Dimensions - SCD1, SCD2 (Flagging, Time Stamping and Version), and SCD3.
- Implemented the complex business rules by creating reusable transformations and Mappings / Mapplets.
- Knowledge of Informatica tools Power Exchange, Power Analyzer, Power Connect, Data Quality, OLAP and OLTP.
- Extensively used Informatica Client tools - Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Developed complex mappings, from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Stored Procedures, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy and more.
- Experience in debugging and Performance tuning of targets, sources, mappings and Sessions.
- Thorough understanding of Data Warehouse concepts like Star and Snowflake Schemas, Facts, Dimensions, Surrogate keys, drill down and drill across approach.
- Strong Database experience in using Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Joins, Views and Packages in PL/SQL and Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i.
- Experience in working on deployment on oracle database.
- Experience with TOAD as an interface to databases, to analyze, view and alter tables.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9/8.6.1/8.1.1/8.0/7.1.1/7.1.3 , Power Exchange.
Databases: Oracle 11/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, Teradata.
Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Crystal Reports
Data Modeling: Erwin 7.2/4.x/3.x
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Tivoli
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Development Tools: SQL, Developer 2000, Oracle Developer Suite, SQL Plus, Toad 8.x/9.x/10.x
Operating System: UNIX, Confidential OS, AIX, Windows 2000/XP/2003, Mainframe.
Office Applications: MS-Office 2003/2007/2010 , Visio.
Other Utilities: SQL *Loader, BTEQ, FastLoad, FastExport, MultiLoad, Teradata, SQL Assistant.
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Was involved in business requirement and design discussions with the clients and managers.
- Analyzed the Business requirement and the data to setup rules to implement tasks.
- Designed, Developed and Loaded Staging tables to temporarily accommodate the history data before sending them to files.
- Worked with My SQL, Netezza, Oracle, CSV and Fixed Width Flat Files as Sources and Targets.
- Developed complex mappings using Lookup, Update Strategy, Joiner, Aggregator, Router, Expression, Filter and Sequence Generator Transformations.
- Worked on Mapplets, Reusable Transformations, Reusable Tasks to run post session commands using Command task and also Non Reusable tasks in Session Components and Email Tasks.
- Used complex queries as SQL overrides with multiple joins on different tables.
- Used Heterogeneous and also Homogenous sources in mappings.
- Worked with Unix Shell Scripting to change the file names, FTP the files, schedule and run the jobs.
- Experience with creating and modifying the Parameter file, Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters, Workflow Variables and also using session variables.
- Worked with Pre and Post SQL commands to modify the source and target tables.
- Worked on migrating tables from MYSQL to Netezza.
- Experience in analyzing the data to identify the scenarios for testing and wrote queries to pull the data was involved in Testing along with Business Analysts and Users.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, Oracle 11g, My SQL, Netezza, Unix, Toad, DB Visualizer, Aginity, Windows XP
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Worked with BA’s in analyzing the business requirement and preparing the technical specifications.
- Created mappings to extract data from Mainframe, Oracle and loaded data into different schemas.
- Worked with Cobol Copybooks, Flat files, CSV files and relational tables as sources and Flat files, relational tables as targets.
- Extensively used Expression, Sorter, Aggregator, Lookup, Router, Normalizer, Update Strategy, Joiner, Filter and Sequence Generator Transformations.
- Created and worked with reusable transformations and reusable tasks in downloading and uploading files to Mainframes.
- Worked on Complex mappings involving complex logics.
- Extensively worked on creating, modifying the Parameter files on the Unix box, applying mapping parameters in the mappings.
- Experience in working with the debugger to analyze the data flow and make fixes caused during unit testing.
- Worked on partitioning the sessions to improve the session performance.
- Worked in optimizing the performance to minimize the load times working with many source to target loads.
- Worked with session logs & workflow logs for trouble shooting
- Used shell scripting to schedule the jobs using Autosys, created and modified Unix scripts to run the loads.
- Worked on stored procedures, packages and triggers in PL/SQL for deployment purpose.
- Created Pre & Post session SQL to populate the required the data into the target.
- Experience working with the version control in Informatica and using source control management tools.
- Migrated code from QA to DEV environments in Informatica and compared previous and present versions of code.
- Experience of working with large amounts of data, data analyzing and data validation.
- Worked with DBA to resolve the performance issues and perform tuning of SQL queries.
- Worked with QA teams in creating the sample queries, mock data and in User Acceptance Testing, System Integration Testing.
- Created and modified Change requests, raised, analyzed and fixed defects working with Mercury Quality Center.
Environment: Informatica 8.6, Oracle 11/10g, TOAD, Mercury Quality, UNIX, Erwin 7.2, Autosys, Windows XP
Confidential, Portland, ME
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Involved in gathering requirements from business users. Participated in the detailed requirement analysis for the design of data marts and star schemas.
- Extracting data from several source systems like Oracle, Teradata, etc. and loading data into DDM (Enterprise Data ware house). Designed many Multi Source Single Target mappings and vice versa.
- Worked on Power Center Designer client tools like Source Analyzer, Target Analyzer, Mapping Designer and Mapplet Designer.
- Created Mapplets with the help of Mapplet Designer and used those Mapplets in the Mappings. Created reusable transformations by using Lookup, Aggregator, Normalizer, Update strategy, Expression, Joiner, Rank, Router, Filter, and Sequence Generator etc. in the Transformation Developer and Mapplet Designer, respectively.
- Moving the data from source systems to different schemas based on the dimensions and fact tables by using the slowly changing dimensions type two and type one.
- Raised change requests, incident Management, analyzed and coordinated resolution of program flaws for the Development environment and hot fixed them in the QA during the runs.
- Informatica workflow manager was used to create, schedule, execute Sessions, Worklets, Command, E-Mail Tasks and Workflows. Performed validation and loading of the Flat files received from business users.
- Worked on Oracle database writing stored procedures, functions and packages for build and deployment process.
- Experience in using Tearadata utilities BTEQ, FastLoad, FastExport.
- Wrote UNIX Shell scripts to schedule the workflows and also to extract the data from the various databases and file systems.
- Created an infrastructure to ensure data quality and appropriate data linkage and deliver self service reporting to business and speeding and improving the decision making.
- Used Parameter files to reuse the mapping with different criteria to decrease the maintenance.
- Extensively used Informatica Debugger for testing the mapping logic during Unit Testing.
- Used Tivoli to schedule Informatica, SQL script and shell script jobs.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1, Oracle 11g/10g, Teradata, TOAD, ERWIN 7.2, Business Objects XI, Tivoli, Unix.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Involved in designing, development and implementation of the SSRDM.
- Developed Mapplets using corresponding Source, Targets and Transformations that sourced data from ODBC and flat file reports as well as mainframe and relational databases.
- Used debugger to test the mapping and to fix bugs.
- Tuned Informatica Mappings and Sessions for optimum performance.
- Being responsible of IMS Data, converted those to require structure using Informatica.
- Developed and tuned all the affiliations received from IMS and other data sources using Informatica, tested with high volume of data and increased the performance significantly.
- Good Working Experience in slowly changing dimensions type 1, 2, 3.
- Experience of working with COBOL files and transforming the data using various transformations like aggregator, expression, joiner, rank etc.
- Worked on different tables using the constraint based loading applying foreign key.
- Extracted data from Mainframe databases using Power Exchange and loaded into Oracle database tables
- Used power exchange for creating data maps, CDC which captures changes in the sources and loads those changes into the customer dimension.
- Using Data Flux especially in the areas of invalid address data and name ambiguity within databases.
- Used Data Flux in data management software and business consulting services.
- Worked with Autosys scheduler and created database triggers for Data Security.
- Experience in creating reports using Business Objects XI R3.
- Worked with UNIX shell scripting.
- Assisted in writing project documentation using Microsoft Visio for different diagrams.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Oracle 11g/10g, Mainframes, Autosys, SQL * Loader, Toad, Unix, Business Objects, Confidential Solaris, Windows.
Confidential, Titusville, NJ
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Involved in performance enhancements of code.
- Identified proper partitioning methods for performance enhancements.
- Used various transformations for creating mappings.
- Developed and scheduled Workflows using task developer, Worklet Designer, and workflow designer in Workflow manager and monitored the results in Workflow monitor. Scheduled batch and sessions within Informatica using Informatica scheduler.
- Developed Logical and Physical Data Models that capture current state and future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Worked with various relational sources and flat files.
- Involved in Dimensional Modeling to design and develop STAR Schemas.
- Implemented Informatica to perform data conversion.
- Created Perl scripts to extract data from various source systems like flat files and Oracle databases and to schedule the workflows.
- Created stored procedures to extract data from flat files.
- Defined Target Load Order Plan and Constraint based loading for loading data correctly into different Target Tables.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of ETL jobs by tuning the SQL used in Transformations.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Integration and User Acceptance Testing of mappings.
Environment: Informatica 8.1/7.1.3,Oracle 10g, SQL*Loader, Erwin 4.1, Windows, UNIX, Business Objects.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Performed data analysis on the source data coming from point of sales systems (POS) and legacy systems.
- Involved in the design phase of logical and physical data model using Erwin
- Designing and creation of complex mappings using SCD type II involving transformations such as expression, joiner, aggregator, lookup, update strategy, filter.
- Implemented performance tuning logic on targets, sources, mappings, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
- Used Teradata utilities like fast load, multiload to load Teradata tables using Informatica.
- Worked on fast export to read source data into the mapping in Informatica.
- Improved session run times by partitioning the sessions. Was also involved into database fine tuning (creating indexes, stored procedures, etc), partitioning oracle databases.
- Developed mappings in Informatica Designer tool to extract data from source system, transform and load to the data warehouse.
- Used various transformations like lookup, update strategy, router, filter, sequence generator, source qualifier, joiner on data extracted according to the business rules and technical specifications.
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions. This led to better session performance
- Involved in monitoring the workflows and optimizing the load times.
- Extensively used Informatica debugger to validate mappings and to gain troubleshooting information about data and error conditions.
- Generated standard and Ad hoc reports using Business objects.
- Documenting the entire process. The documents included the mapping document, unit testing document and system testing document among others
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1/7.1, Oracle10g, Teradata, UNIX, TOAD, Business Objects / Intelligence tools, Windows XP.
- Involved in analyzing and development of the Data Warehouse.
- Translation of Business Processes into Informatica mappings for building Data Marts.
- Worked on Informatica - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplets, and Transformations.
- Implemented Aggregate, Filter, Join, Expression, Lookup, Update Strategy, and Stored Procedure Transformations.
- Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and also tuned them for better performance.
- Involved in designing the procedures for getting the data from all systems to Data Warehousing system.
- Extracted data from flat files, Tables and CSV Format files and loaded the data to the target database
- Written Shell Scripts and control files to load data into staging tables and then into oracle base tables using SQL*Loader.
- Created mappings with PL/SQL procedures/functions to build business rules to load data.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from different databases and flat files to Oracle.
- Creating and running sessions and batches to load the data into the Target Database.
- Creating reports using the Business Object tools which are helpful in the decision making process.
Environment: Informatica 6.1, Oracle8i, SQL Loader, Business Objects, Windows 2000.
- Involved in the design of the overall database using Entity Relationship diagrams.
- Worked on triggers and stored procedures in PL/SQL.
- Involved in developing interactive forms and customization of screens.
- Involved in building, debugging and running forms.
- Involved in Data loading and Extracting functions using SQL*Loader.
- Designed and developed all the tables, views for the system in Oracle.
- Designing and developing forms validation procedures for query and update of data.
- Managed workload to deliver quality deliverables that meet requirements and timelines.
- Developed technical system documentation.
Environment: Oracle 8.0/7.x, SQL*plus, SQL*Loader, Visio, TOAD
- Actively involved in gathering requirements from Business Users, and converting them into system requirement specifications and creating detailed use-cases and design documents.
- Designed, developed, and managed the workflow processes to reflect business requirements with several adapters, exceptions and rules.
- Was involved in data modeling. Designed data flows using UML.
- Coordinated in setting up the development, test, production and contingency environment
- Designed, developed, managed database star schema, with various hierarchical and lookup tables
- Developed and maintained complex stored procedures
- Involved in setting up of application server clustered environment
- Documenting the types and structure of the business data (logical modeling),
- Analyzing and mining business data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points.
- Mapping and tracing data from system to system in order to solve a given business or system problem.
- Design and create data reports and reporting tools to help business executives in their decision making.
- Perform statistical analysis of business data.
Environment: Oracle 8i, Shell Scripts, UML, Test Director, SunOS