- About 7+ years of Strong experience in Complete Software development Life cycle (SDLC) which includes Business Requirements Gathering, System Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation of Data Warehouse.
- About 5 years experience in Data Warehouse using Informatica PowerCenter v 9/8.6/8.5./8.1/7.1//6.1 (Repository Manager, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Designer, Warehouse Designer, Star & Snowflake Schemas, using ETL tool Informatica on Oracle, SQL Server Databases etc).
- Working knowledge of Informatica Power Exchange to support Data Integration requirements.
- Strong experience in installation of Informatica and configuration of Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.
- Experience in using Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2005, MS Access 2007, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Worked with Dimensional Data warehouses in Star and Snowflake Schemas, Slowly changing dimensions and created slowly growing target mappings, Type1/2/3 dimension mappings.
- Proficient in transforming data from various sources (flat files, XML, Oracle) to Data warehouse using ETL tools.
- Extensively worked on transformations such as Source Qualifier, Joiner, Filter, Router, Expression, Lookup, Aggregator, Sorter, Normalizer, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator and Stored Procedure transformations.
- Extensively experience in developing Informatica Mappings / Mapplets using various Transformations for Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse and Creating Workflows with Worklets & Tasks and Scheduling the Workflows.
- Extensively involved in Informatica performance issue and Database performance issue.
- Experience in design of logical and physical data modeling using E/R studio.Expertise in using SQL*LOADER to load Data from external files to Oracle Database.
- Worked with various SQL Editors such as TOAD, SQL Plus, and Query Analyzer.
- Extensive experience in writing PL/SQL programming units like Triggers, Procedures, Functions and packages in Unix and windows environment.
- Strong experience in RDBMS (Oracle and MS Access).
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, has clear understanding of business procedures and ability to work as an individual or as a part of a team.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9x/ 8.6/8.5/8.1/7.1/6.1 , Informatica Data Analyzer 8.5/8.1, Informatica Power Exchange, Data cleansing, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, Autosys, Control M, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, OLTP, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader
Data Modeling: Erwin 7.2/7.0, Toad, Oracle Designer, PL/SQL Developer 5.1.4.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL 7.0, SQL Server 2005/2000, MS Access.
Programming: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, T - SQL, SQL*Plus, HTML, UNIX Shell Scripting. (AIX)
Reporting Tools: Business Objects XI 3.1/X1 R2,Crystal Reports 2008/XI,Cognos 8.4
Environment: UNIX, Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista.
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Worked closely with client in understanding the Business requirements, data analysis and deliver the client expectation.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter 9x/8.6.1/8.5 and its all features extensively in migrating data from OLTP to Enterprise Data warehouse.
- Extensively used Erwin for Logical and Physical data modeling and designed Star Schemas.
- Extracted data from different sources like Oracle, flat files, XML, DB2 and SQL Server loaded into DWH.
- Experience in upgrading from Informatica version 8.6.1 to 8.5.
- Created complex mappings in PowerCenter Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, and Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Union, Lookup, Joiner, XML Source Qualifier and Stored procedure transformations.
- Developed mappings/Reusable Objects/mapplets by using mapping designer, transformation developer and mapplet designer in Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1/8.5
- Used Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1/8.5. for extraction, loading and transformation (ETL) of data in the data warehouse.
- Worked on power exchange to create data maps, pull the data from mainframe, and transfer into staging area.
- Handle slowly changing dimensions (Type I, Type II and Type III) based on the business requirements.
- Used Informatica Power Center Workflow manager to create sessions, batches to run with the logic embedded in the mappings.
- Involved in creation of Folders, Users, Repositories and Deployment Groups using Repository Manager.
- Developed PL/SQL and UNIX Shell Scripts for scheduling the sessions in Informatica.
- Involved in scheduling the informatica workflows using Autosys.
- Migrated mappings, sessions, and workflows from development to testing and then to Production environments.
- Involved in Performance tuning for sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Performed unit testing on the Informatica code by running it in the Debugger and writing simple test scripts in the database thereby tuning it by identifying and eliminating the bottlenecks for optimum performance.
- Wrote PL/SQL stored procedures & triggers, cursors for implementing business rules and transformations.
- Worked extensively with different caches such as Index cache, Data cache and Lookup cache (Static, Dynamic, Persistence and Shared).
- Created deployment groups, migrated the code into different environments. Worked closely with reporting team to generate various reports.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9x/8.6.1/8.5 (Power Center Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor), SQL Server 2005, DB2 8.1, XML, Autosys, Oracle 10g, TOAD, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Active
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Extensively used Informatica Power center for extracting, transforming and loading data from relational sources and non-relational sources.
- Extensively used various transformations such as Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup, Sequence Generator, aggregator, Update Strategy, and Joiner while migrating data from various heterogeneous sources like Oracle, DB2, XML and Flat files to Oracle.
- Developed Informatica mappings, re-usable transformations, re-usable mappings and Mapplets for data load to data warehouse.
- Developed Mappings using Designer to extract, transform data according to the requirements and loaded into database.
- Handle slowly changing dimensions of Type 2 to populate current and historical data to Dimensions and Fact tables in the data warehouse.
- Designed complex UNIX scripts and automated it to run the workflows daily, weekly and Monthly.
- Setting up Batches and sessions to schedule the loads at required frequency using Power Center Workflow manager.
- Created sessions, database connections and batches using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Developed mappings to load data in slowly changing dimension.
- Scheduled Sessions and Batches on the Informatica Server using Informatica workflow Manager.
- Created complex PL/SQL stored procedures and functions.
- Monitoring the ETL jobs and fixing the Bugs.
- Worked along with the DBA to resolve performance and tuning issues.
- Provided reliable, timely support of integration, performance and user acceptance testing processes.
- Involved in doing Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9x/8.5/7.1, Oracle 10g/9i, DB2, XML, Flat files, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL*Plus, Windows, UNIX.
- Responsible for definition, development and testing of processes/programs necessary to extract data from operational databases, Transform and cleanse data, and Load it into data warehouse using Informatica Power center.
- Developed the repository manager, users, user groups and their access profiles.
- Extracted data from different sources like DB2, SQL server, flat files and loaded into DWH.
- Developed complex mappings in Power Center Designer using Expression, Filter, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner and Stored procedure transformations.
- Developed connected and unconnected Lookup transformations to lookup the data from the source and target tables.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures for implementing business rules and transformations.
- Used data miner to process raw data from flat files.
- Used the update strategy to effectively migrate data from source to target.
- Developed SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, T-SQL and DTS/SSIS.
- Developed and documented Mappings/Transformations, Audit procedures and Informatica sessions.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter Workflow to create sessions and run the logic embedded in the mappings.
- Involved in unit, integration and system tests for Data warehouse.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 7.1.1/7.x (Repository Manger, Designer, Workflow Monitor, Workflow Manager), Flat files, DB2, SQL server 2005, SSIS, SQL, PL/SQL, Win 2000.
- Extensively used Informatica PowerCenter 7.1./6.1 to extract data from various sources and load in to staging database.
- Extensively used transformations such as Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Joiner, Transaction Control and Stored Procedure.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from multiple sources to Staging area (Oracle 9i) using Informatica PowerCenter 7.1 Worked with pre and post sessions, and extracted data from Transaction System into Staging Area. Knowledge of Identifying Facts and Dimensions tables.
- Tuned sources, targets, mappings and sessions to improve the performance of data load.
- Designed Logical and Physical Modeling using Erwin Data Modeler tool.
- Experience in data migration of Informatica Mappings, Sessions, and Workflows to Data Integrator.
- Involved in the Development of Informatica mappings and mapplets and also tuned them for Optimum performance, Dependencies and Batch Design.
- Created Several Informatica Mappings to populate the data into dimensions and fact tables.
- In charge of converting data using SQL Server 2005 using SSIS.
- Worked cooperatively with the team members to identify and resolve various issues relating to Informatica and other database related issues.
- Designing mapping templates to specify high level approach.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1./6.1, Oracle 10g/9i, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL*Plus, Erwin, Windows, UNIX.